[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Proof that Ash has aged?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: ash.png (298KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
ash.png
298KB, 800x450px
Pokemon first aired in Japan on April 1st 1997 and is still running today 19 years later and a lot of people claim that the main character Ash hasn't aged since it began and is an eternal 10 year old.

But what if I told you Ash has in fact aged and is only around the age of 15.

>Kanto and Johto lasted 274 episodes.
>Hoenn lasted 192 episodes.
>Sinnoh lasted 191 episodes.
>Unova lasted 142 episodes.
>Kalos has 134 known episodes so far

There are also

>19 movies (including the two victini movies).
>2 Made for tv movies.

If we say each episode depicted at least 2 days and each movie was 4 days that makes

>1866 days from ash leaving Pallet until now
>84 days for all the movies + tv movies

Giving us a total of 1950 days

To be safe lets throw in 100 extra days to cover any unshown travel etc so our new total is 2050 days from the time Ash left Pallet town.

Now you have to remember that for Ash and the gang time for them would only be passing through the episodes so if the last episode of Kanto would Friday then the first episode of Johto would be Saturday, and not the 7 days it was between the airings for us, with this knowledge we can now take our final number of 2050 and divide it by 365.25 giving us a grand total of

>5.612
or
>5 years 6 months and 12 days

add this onto Ash's age when it started which was 10 and we can now see that in episode 134 of XY&Z Ash is in fact

>15 years 6 months and 12 days old.

TL:DR Math shows Ash is 15 and 1/2 years old.
>>
>>27810430
not gonna bother with any math. It's all theorizing. I just keep a head canon of 1 year for kanto half a year for orange islands, a year and half for Johto. A year for Hoenn. A half year for Kanto battle frontier. A year and a half for Sinnoh. A year for Unova and half a year for n's episode and decolore. A year and a half for Kalos. Making it out to be 18 years old soon which don't make too much sense. Unless if ash is really leaving after the xyz. I like your estimate though. It makes more sense
>>
In the first season alone ash was on his journey for well over a year because they say it.
>>
This is how it should be

But I think they mentioned in BW that he's still 10
>>
>>27810894
English dub only, doesn't count.
But it's canon that it was "a long time", as Brock said.
>>
>>27811057
based on my math you're looking at 1 - 2 years for kanto + johto
>>
File: TKLYzli.jpg (23KB, 500x313px)
TKLYzli.jpg
23KB, 500x313px
>>27810990
They said he was 10.

But they didn't say less than a year had passed since he began his journey.

You know what that means.
>>
>>27810868
>A year for Unova
>Not -6 years
Ash's age clearly regressed, even if it did canonically take place after Sinnoh
>>
You guys do realize that time is different in the Pokemon universe, right?
>>
>>27811299
This.

"1 year" in the Pokémon world could very well last as long as 5 Earth years.
>>
File: 4142013235725.png (495KB, 900x300px) Image search: [Google]
4142013235725.png
495KB, 900x300px
hello fellow posters, i found this upvoted webcomic on reddit that might explain why ash is still 10 years old

really makes you think!
>>
>>27811328
But in one of the pre movie specials, i think for the mewtwo or lugia movies, ash says to pikachu "it's been 1 year since we became partners"
>>
Sweety, it's a cartoon. Let it go
>>
>>27810430
Why are people so hung up on this

Doesn't the narrator say he is "eternally 10 years old" in Unova? And isn't he meant to be a young, wide-eyed person so the young viewers can project themselves onto him?

I'll never understand the boner for pretending Ash is *really* 15 or 16 or whatever else and the animators are just lying to us because ???
>>
Realistically speaking, by the number of episodes alone, it should go like this
>Kanto, Orange Island and Johto = a little less than 1 year (278 episodes)
>Hoenn, Battle Frontier and Sinnoh = over 1 year (383 episodes)
>Unova, Decolore and Kalos = a little less than 1 year (272+ episodes)
But since Ash is still said to be 10, it's probably as >>27811299 said and time works differently in that world.

But if we go by the notion that 365 days = 1 year, then Ash should be turning 13 soon.
>>
Satoshi said that he'd been on a journey for about 2 months in episode 10 or something.
>>
>>27811384
Movies and specials are generally regarded as non-canon, unless explicit references to them are made in the actual show.

And many of those "X months/years have passed since then" are either things added in the dub or literally contradict other things stated in the show itself, so you shouldn't take them too seriously.
>>
>>27810430
Any kind of math like this is just flat out wrong. There are too many episodes with battles that arr 2 parters, hell the first three episodes of DP take place in a day. You won't get anywhere unless you watch all of them.
>>
>>27810430
Me and my brother were just talking about this the other day. He's got to be at least 14 by now. I said 16
>>
File: 1470178003418.jpg (14KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1470178003418.jpg
14KB, 255x255px
>>27811379
>>
>>27811678
And sometimes you get two/three days, or even an entire week, in a single episode, so it balances out.
>>
>>27811751
thats why I gave each episode 2 days and each movie 4 days and added another 100 days to be safe.
>>
>>27811537
there's a johto episode where ash celebrates a year with pikachu
>>
>>27811822
You're adding too much. Like the guy I was replying to said, there are several episodes that happen all in the same day.

1 day per episode + 100 seems more reasonable.
>>
>>27811874
if each episode and each movie is 1 day + 100 extra it comes to 1055.

>1055/365.25 = 2.88

So Ash would be 12 years 8 months and 8 days.
>>
he's still 10, confirmed in the anime narration, no questions.

it doesn't really make sense but neither does a large yellow rat with red cheeks that shits electricity
>>
>>27811379
>the ash is in a coma theory again
>>
>>27811710
Or just sarcasm you dense fuck
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.