[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone hate gen 5 so much? Whenever its mentioned,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (23KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 218x231px
Why does everyone hate gen 5 so much?

Whenever its mentioned, tons of people are invariably gonna say it was the worst gen ever, but their arguments never go beyond "it had an ice cream and garbage pokemon".
>>
I think it had to do with the pokemon, like klink, and that ice cream pokemon as mentioned.
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 391x683px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 391x683px
>>27801749
Why is the Joltik in that picture so big? They're supposed to be minuscule like pic related
>>
>>27801749
Normies are triggered by the fact that they can't use their favorite gen 1 mons and shit on the whole gen despite bw2 fixing that.
>>
The 10 minutes of hand holding friend ship every single town and the chosen one plot both annoyed the shit out of me and yes the lack of old mons make it feel like a knock off rom hack
>>
I didn't like the experience scaling, it was a good idea in theory but in practice i just spent a ton of time biking arond grass waiting for an audino so i could grind and it became tedious. I also wasb't a fan of the small pool of pokemon available to you in the original BW, meanwhile XY had too many different wild pokemon so I'm just hard to please
>>
>>27801831
Pretty much this.
Gen V is the "love it or hate it" gen that Pokemon needed.
People just can't appreciate genius when they don't understand it
>>
>>27801826
>what is 10 cm
>>
>>27801831
Gen 1 had some pretty lame looking pokemon too.
>>
>>27801928
Yea gen 1 is really bland.
>>
>>27801831
I liked that it had no extra-generational pokemon. It was very refreshing.
>>
>>27802022
I agree, I find it ridiculous that it's the second most common complaint against bw. I hate going on the first route of a new region and finding the same shitmons we've had for 20 years.
>>
File: PokeComp2.jpg (531KB, 886x1364px) Image search: [Google]
PokeComp2.jpg
531KB, 886x1364px
>>27801749
I liked it, it was like a better gen1 design-wise
>>
black is the only pokemon game i bought and still haven't finished it
>>
>>27802131
The only one I'd say is objectively better is stantler because stantler's design has always been retarded
>>
File: Genvbest.png (593KB, 720x1109px) Image search: [Google]
Genvbest.png
593KB, 720x1109px
>>27802131
Gen V: 12
Gen I: 4
>>
>>27801749
I think gen5 was fine (though I never beat BW2), I much more disliked gen4.

>>27801809
I liked Klink.

>>27801831
Genwunners truly are cancer.
I remember catching an adorable Misdreavus though (with much effort, because they'd KO themselves with their own perish song)

>>27802131
There isn't actually anything in that chart that I vehemently dislike, I think they're all pretty much nice.
>>
>>27801749
>Why does everyone hate gen 5 so much?
Worst region, worst starters, worst legendaries, awful graphics, annoying "chosen one" plot forced down your throat, shitty characters and so on. However, you're safe here OP. /vp/ is your safe zone where people refuse to acknowledge any flaws that Gen V has. You can discuss your waifu generation freely here. This is only like the fourth thread today on this subject.
>>
File: Shirodesuna.png (363KB, 687x687px) Image search: [Google]
Shirodesuna.png
363KB, 687x687px
>>27803023
Reminder these same people who love gen 5 defends the sand castle pokemon, this contrarian little nest of unovabortions deep inside vp is literally the only place that doesnt think shirodesuna is fucking trash
>>
>>27803023
>>27803088
>having this much shitty taste
>>
>>27801749
People who actually play the story and not the meta usually love gen 5. Usually for these reasons
1. Really good story
2. The difficulty was fair(unlike gens 4 and 6)
3. BW2 Had so much stuff to do
4. The region layout was very straightforward.
>>
>>27803088
I liked building sandcastles when I was a young lad even if the ones I made would get messed up by the waves. Shirodesuna just brings out that love for sandcastles I had as a kid.
>>
>>27802987
this. Gen 4 sucked gameplay wise. It wasn't smooth, the pacing was terrible, and the level curve was incredibly unfair. Also the region had a confusing layout. Finally you had to see every pokemon before getting a national dex which made transfers quite difficult
>>
>>27801749
>their arguments never go beyond "it had an ice cream and garbage pokemon".
That's bullshit and you know it. The region was shit, the rivals were shit Bianca was alright when she wasn't crying about how shit she was and the plot, which makes fanboys cream themselves for some reason, was a stream of bloody diarrhea.
>>
>>27803145
>I liked building sandcastles
So like pretty much everyone who has ever been to the beach? The design's shit whether you love sandcastles or not.
>>
>>27803310

I'm guessing you refuse to let your childhood sway your decesion on picking pokemon
>>
>>27801749
The vocal minority that hates Gen V are newfags that joined /vp/ in ORAS' pre-release hype.
>>
Lmao just was replaying Gen 5 on an emulator. It's fucking trash. Finally got through the slog that was the first few towns and the forest annoyed as shit due to constant pestering by the annoying ass friends/rivals and then had to walk 5 minutes on a dumb ass, empty bridge, only to get to an annoying giant city. Closed the game out right after that.
>>
>>27803528
definitely underaged even if ironic
4/10 bait
>>
File: 2894.png (144KB, 517x771px) Image search: [Google]
2894.png
144KB, 517x771px
>>27803567
24 actually. This game is such a turd that I don't remember a single thing from when I played it at launch. Now I know why after attempting another playthrough
>>
>>27801749
Pretty much this whole board sucks gen 5 cock non stop. You literally can't even talk about another gen without someone shitting on it to talk about gen 5. God help you if you say a positive thing about gen 3 or 6.
>>
>>27803129
>good story
>>
>>27803743
What's wrong with gen 3? I played the shit out of emerald and enjoyed every minute of it.
>>
>>27801749
nice strawman
>>
Part of it is probably that when people think about it, they remember many Pokemon that they don't care about or even dislike.

The thing is, obviously it's going to be the case when it's the biggest gen since Gen 1
>>
>>27803770
It gets shit on quite a bunch when I see it talked about. And people conflate it with the Remakes even though I think the Remakes were good, even if they did lack the Frontier.
>>
>>27803743
It varies based on what the OP says. Praise for gen 5 attracts shitposters holding up gen 1 or 4, praise for gen 4 attracts shitposters holding up gen 5, praise for gen 6 attracts shitposters holding up gen 3, etc
>>
>>27803694
2/10 i have been falseflagging for years anon, you are not convincing anyone with your shitty bait
usually talking about not remembering the game because it was shit or that you didn't finish it is bad strategy if you want your bait to be convincing, improve on that
>>
File: download.png (5KB, 199x253px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5KB, 199x253px
>Tfw Unovafetus's are getting BTFO with logical and intelligent arguments against Gen 5 in this thread and are resorting to ad hominem counter "arguments"
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1362x1490px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1362x1490px
>>27803088
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
File: 250px-584Vanilluxe.png (62KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-584Vanilluxe.png
62KB, 250x250px
because fantasy games are all about credibility. They should walk on the slim line that separates reality from fiction.
Keeping some sort of anchor in reality lets people give in to the fictional elements more naturally. The whole experience is more engaging and intuitive because you subconsciously relate the fictional element to the realty where it draws from.

>continues
>>
>>27804002
That is, you will expect a pokemon that looks like an animal to behave like an animal. It all fits in the "go out and catch them" theme. Also the companionship/friendship theme - that you naturally apply to puppy-like pokemons - is easily transferred over to pokemons that don't quite look like animals, BUT that have their place in the collective culture (dragons, ghosts, fairies, etc). And it comes together very well.
>>
>>27804014
That's why Klefky and Chandelure designs are okay (even though I personally dislike them) whereas Mr. Mime and Jynx are crap. Mr. Mime is a fucking person. And it clearly came out of the mind of a rabbit-teethed tittering Japanese man who grew up as a emperor-fearing sake-guzzling salary slave who thought that mimes are such a weird thing that they deserve to become a pocket monster. Jynx even worse is also a fucking nigger.

Similarly, Vanilluxe and Garbodor defy this idea of balance between fiction and reality. You can still forgive Mime and Jynx because at the very least they retain a humanoid shape, which allows them to be qualified as "monsters".
Vanilluxe however is an ice cream cone. What is its place in a world of roaming beasts and magical creatures? It is just a god damn ice cream cone, there's nothing left to OUR imagination. And you can say that Chandelure is a god damn candelabrum but that's fine because I bet that very few of you mutherfuckers see candelabra around that often. Whereas you see fucking ice cream cones every fucking day. Same goes for garbage. At least Muk is a pile of undefined shit and you - as a pokemon trainer - still have the thrill of the hunt. Who knows where these entities made of sludge might gather? Garbodor is just a sack full of garbage. It gathers in the rubbish bin in my kitchen and that makes it lame and boring.
And Gen V has just too many of these lame-ass everyday stuff made pokemon (Gothitelle, Kilnglang). Dunno if we should include Cryogonal in this. Probably not.
Then there are plain shit designs (Watchog, Woobat, Amoongus).

/rant
>>
>>27804002
>>27804014
>>27804030
Are you seriously expecting me to go through all that autism?
>>
>>27804070
If you want to make an actual point then yes. If not you are just an assmad gen 5 faggot. It's not like you have anything better to do.
>>
>>27801809
Whats wrong with Kink and Vanillite?
>>
I never played B2/W2, but B&W were a tad disappointing for me. None of the starters looked good, the legendaries looked bad, the animated sprites were awful and pixellated, the region was boring, and the music was a downgrade from Gen IV. However, changes such as infinite use of TMs, EV training at level 100 and new moves were good, but unfortunately it was not enough to convince me to try B2/W2.
>>
>>27801922
The size of your dick
>>
a combination of people not liking the designs, general lack of meaningful changes for 5 generations, and them looking worse than the previous generation
>>
Best way to put it:

If you liked Gen IV, you were much more likely to like Gen V.
>>
File: Gen Five Evaluation.jpg (520KB, 1024x983px) Image search: [Google]
Gen Five Evaluation.jpg
520KB, 1024x983px
I thought it was pretty good overall. I appreciated the variety even if there were a lot of stinkers cluttering up the end.
>>
>>27801809
i feel like no one understands bw was supposed to be
genwun:part 2

trubbish:grimer
voltorb:amoongus
klink:magnemite
vanilluxe:exeggcute
>>
>>27805370
Great taste, Anon.
>>
>>27803987
The fuck are those?
>>
I think of Gen V as my favorite generation.

I wouldn't exactly say every generation had an individual flaw that BW/BW2 fixed in it's own right, but it still had a lot of redeeming factors for me that made me appreciate the game despite how much people talk down about it. And that doesn't go without saying that Gen V had "the best of everything".

Certainly didn't have the best champion, from a gameplay standpoint. If you can't appreciate a sense of character over a sense of challenge, it's really hard to like Alder. But I do. And none of the rivals ever compare to Barry. And it obviously didn't have the best playable characters, but at least they were supplied some explanation as to where they went, in the next game, something akin to the treatment Red got, which a lot of PCs never really get. I'm fairly certain as far as the rest of the PCs go, only Red, Hilda, and Hilbert actually get mentioned in different games, and Red is the only one ever seen again. But maybe I'm wrong.

However, the villainous team had deeper intentions than most of the others throughout the entire series. Not to mention N is possibly the single best character in any Pokemon game, both from a gameplay and story standpoint. The games took a step in a different direction, and that's something I wish the series did more often. If you ask me, with how easy and hand-holdey XY was, going from Gen V to VI was a step in the wrong direction. ORAS fixed things a bit, but I'm still hoping we get a game with the same design-based quality as we did with BW again, some day.

Also if you ask me, people who defend Grimer and Muk but say Garbador is one of the worst design pokemon are hypocrites, because for all intents and purposes, their designs are nearly identical. One's a literal pile of garbage, and the other's a literal pile of waste.
>>
I dislike Gen 5 cause most of its designs were uninspired tripe. For every cool idea like Scrafty or Galvantula there were at least two piles of shit like Woobat and aforementioned garbage and ice cream Pokemon. It also worsened the series' power creep while at the same time introducing some of the weakest Pokemon stat and movepool-wise that exist.

Anything can work in game, but progression feels shitty when you're weighed down with crap like Snivy (pre-HA at least).
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.