[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (68KB, 460x203px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 460x203px
HAHAHAhAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHA
>>
newfag here, why were these games so shit, exactly? was it team flare, the storyline, or the low amount of new pokemon introduced?
>>
>>27794076
It's just that almost everything the games did (except for customization/Pokemon designs) was so flawed and the whole game doesn't feel finished. It feel like they gave up after the second gym
>>
>>27794076
All of that 2bh. It was a real step down from gen V for most people, and those who didn't like gen V hated 6 for the same reasons as the other group and for the same reasons as gen V.
>>
>>27794076
Practically
>Wasted Potential: The Game
The game had a lot of interesting tid bits but quickly skims over them and ruins any sort of potential it had.
>>
>>27793961
Why was there no Z?
WHY WAS THERE NO Z?

I have little love for XY but Game Freak not even trying to salvage the games is sad. And I like Zygarde, what the fuck is it doing showing up in Alola instead fuck you
>>
>>27794111
Not defending X or Y, but maybe they wanted to focus on the 3d Graphics, rather than the game??
>>
File: masuda (2).png (192KB, 336x418px)
masuda (2).png
192KB, 336x418px
>Posting on mobile out of fear of being b&
>>
>>27794076
After a generation of B2W2, HGSS and Pt, it was just severely lacking in content. They cut corners with pretty much everything. The gym leaders and E4 are the most forgettable in the entire series. The game lags like shit. Not enough new Pokémon. Too much gen 1 pandering. Baby difficulty. Nothing uniquely done about the music (i.e. day/night music or separate gym leader remixes). It just felt so fucking lazy.
>>
Well at least it had big regional pokedex...
>>
>>27794261
Y'know, if it wasn't so small.
>>
>>27794217
How do you determine that?
>>
>>27794303
>image.jpg
>>
>>27794303
>image.png
>>
>>27794294
450 mons is small?
>>
>>27794362
>Gen 6
>450
if you mean combined with the past pokemon crammed in, yeah.
>>
>>27794422
That's what I was talking about. The team building variety is great.
>>
>>27794216
You'd think they could do both. They aren't an indy team.

XY were okay but still felt like a beta.
>>
>>27794076
XY felt very bare-bones, it made lots of improvement in the Pokemon Battle Department but it lack a good amount of Pokemon, a good story, and was just too easy. It felt really shallow and rushed.

Sun and Moon is looking like the original idea what Gamefreaks had in mind.
>>
>>27794574
Gen 6 was a let down overall, given how disappointing ORAS was.
Maybe the transition from Sprites to 3D had something to do with it, but either way Gen 6 will be the lowest point in the series.
>>
>>27794238
>E4 are the most forgettable in the entire series.

That's not Hoenn's E4 though.
>>
>>27794491
Honestly, I think that's exactly what they were. They tried out 3D graphics to see if it could be done in a mainline pokemon game without completely changing the formula, and the hype was through the roof. Then they experimented even more with ORAS and got a pretty decent response. The games themselves just weren't exactly great due to lacking any sense of life in Kalos and ORAS missing some key features from Emerald that could and should have been integrated, or included in a remake of Emerald that they decided to pass on.

Alola looks like the polished final product, with way better graphics, a nicer visual style, alternate forms with new types and move pools versus battle-only megas, a shake up to the formula that, while classic, has gotten very stale over time and a return of a feature similar to Amie as well as trainer customization, despite implications that those would be Kalos only things. It's like Gamefreak *actually listened* for once and realized that we didn't want them to take away features that we enjoyed, while they're trying new stuff with things that we had only middling enthusiasm for, like the same old gym circuit, breeding for IVs and megas.

In the end, I enjoyed Gen 6 while I was playing it the first time, because the graphics made it seem really fresh and new when it really wasn't, but Gen 7 looks like it's about to blow the lid off the whole thing with awesome new gameplay and even better looks. I'm hoping that this is a good indicator of what the series will be like going forward if it's even half as good as it looks like it's gonna be.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.