[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck is it a dog? How the fuck does this make sense?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

File: 1430373412144938823.jpg (43KB, 800x875px) Image search: [Google]
1430373412144938823.jpg
43KB, 800x875px
Why the fuck is it a dog? How the fuck does this make sense?
>>
In before some drooling idiot who doesn't know shit about Norse mythology pretends they know shit about Norse mythology.
>>
>>27793134
Fenrir or something

Apparently the norse theory was true and Zygarde's forms are all the children of loki or someone else. I don't remember. Mechgarde is Hilde or something like that.
>>
Who cares. Zydog is cute...glowing spot on it's ass aside.
>>
It's a guardian.
>spy cells
>guard dog
>super sentai robot
>>
>>27793134
That dog looks GOAT you faggot stfu and get a better life Jesus christ.
>>
>>27793182
and then
>giant fucking snek
Yeah, okay, totally makes sense.
>>
>>27793134
Because why the fuck not
>>
>>27793152
Like you? :^)
>>
>>27793134
http://es.pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Zygarde
yeah, taco
>>
>>27793210
>>27793182
He's a weapon to surpass metal gear
>>
>>27793233
"Hurr durr Nidhögg is a son of Loki"
-Anon, known mouthbreather.
>>
>>27793305
Fenrir, Jörmungandr, and Hel's father, Sleipnir's mother?
>>
I know right, it's so unrealistic for a bunch of Zygarde cores to fly around and come together and bond and form the shape of a dog, why don't these made up unrealistic characters do something that isn't unrealistic? smfh
>>
>>27793613
This. The cells of a snake combining should just make a smaller snake or part of a snake
>>
>>27793210
>spy theme
>shitting on the snake of all things
>>
>>27793254
SNAKE?
>>
>>27793650
They're not cells of a snake, dumbass. They're single celled organisms who can turn into whatever they want.
>>
>>27793692
So Yveltal is (Y)Vulcan Raven?
>>
File: 1469461402022.png (137KB, 301x312px) Image search: [Google]
1469461402022.png
137KB, 301x312px
>>27793152
>>27793171
Like clockwork
>>
>>27793650
He was being sarcastic, autismo.
>>
>>27793832
This isn't SMT, vague half-references that are mixed with something else are completely legit origins for Pokémon.
>>
File: eastern_garter_snake2_101549_7.jpg (98KB, 300x203px) Image search: [Google]
eastern_garter_snake2_101549_7.jpg
98KB, 300x203px
>>27793869
No, Zygarde is over-designed.
>>
>>27793171
God you're stupid.
>>
>>27793171
Zygarde 100% is based on the French flag and Power Rangers.
>>
>>27793171
GARM not fenrir.
Also Complete Zy is Hel.
>>
Why is the midgard serpent so short?
>>
>>27793134
Is this an actual thing? I thought perfect cell Zygare was the only form?
>>
>>27794007
Ah, thanks. I couldn't remember Hel. I didn't know garm at all, though.
>>
>>27793134
It doesn't.
A smaller snake or a lizard would have been much better.
>>
>>27794074
Fenrir is a wolf that got chained away and come Ragnarok, eats the sun.

Garmr is just a puppy that guards things.
I cant remember its precise mythology, but Garm(r) is far less dangerous and is a lot more similar to Zydog, in that its not a ferocious monster, it just watches.

>>27794073
10% Zygarde and 50% (snake) both have an ability that transforms it into Perfect form when under half health or something like that. So yes, the dog can be used in combat.
>>
>>27794137
>eats the sun.
Well nto quite, I messed up here as well. It opens its mouth to fit the sky and earth inside, and eats, well, everything.

>>27794045
The same reason the Continent pokemon is only just over a single ton.
>>
>>27794137
So, Zygarde's ability is literally a defeatist + zen mode? That's a bummer.
>>
>>27793134
Xerneas=Cernunnos
Yveltal=Morrigan
Cell, Core= Minor Fair Folk
10%=Dogs of the Wild Hunt
50%=Western Dragon
100%=Catholic Church
>>
Isn't it based on the red and blue oni from japanese folklore?
>>
>>27794162
Except instead of cutting its stats, its max HP soars to double snake Zygarde's and the rest of its stats are presumably just as fucking huge.

Seriously, this thing gets like 500-600 HP.
I mean it only has ~half that and no real recovery but still
>>
I like how the dog becomes 50% and 100%'s wings
>>
it's a fucking top tier design on it's own. doesn't make too much sense with it's evolutions but a lot of Pokemon is senseless. just appreciate it's colour scheme and shapes.
>>
>>27793468
Yes. No relation to Nidhögg, yet /vp/ keeps on blabbering about "they're dogs because Loki was the father of wolves and a serpent, and somehow that connects Nidhögg to those". It makes no sense.
>>
>>27793171
You're really earning your reputation as the dumbest person on /vp/. Good job.
>>
>>27794137
How does any of that tie dogs and/or wolves to Nidhogg?
>>
>>27794695
Pleased to be of service.
>>
File: aylamao.jpg (20KB, 316x203px) Image search: [Google]
aylamao.jpg
20KB, 316x203px
It is in no way based off of the gods. Sorry to burst your bubble fags.
>>
>>27794662
Nidhoggr connects it to Xerneas and Yveltal through the Yggrdasil theory.

Which is a much stronger theory than the Loki's children theory, and the reason that theory appeared in the first place.
>>
>>27794735
It doesn't. Zygarde's name derived from Greek and French, not Norse.
>>
>>27793872
Except this "theory" makes absolutely no sense, yet it keeps being spread by idiots who don't know shit about Norse myth.
>>
>>27794751
I think you're dyslexic. Again, how does that connect Nidhoggr to wolves?
>>
>>27794761
I'm not going to state differently since nothing about 50% suggests biting its own tail and 100% isn't a cute half-dead girl, but what also would work for influences on it?
>>
I mean, you could still get the norse mythology theory to stick, but it would mean that it just sticks to nilfheim and less to Loki (10% being Garm, the hound who eats Odin, 50% being Niddhog, the serpent who eats the souls of the damned & chews on the roots of Yggdrasil, 100% being...Hel, I guess, and cell/core form being...a corpse/the souls of the dead? Idk). Not sure how anyone is getting Loki's other kids out of it desu.
>>
When has anything in Japan made sense XD
>>
>Gamefreak will never just explain all the weird-ass Pokémon what they were thinking.
>>
Is it really that hard to believe 50% Zygarde is supposed to represent both Níðhöggr (as a trio with Xerneas and Yveltal) and Jörmungandr (as a trio with Zydog and Zygundam)?
>>
>>27794996
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
>>
>>27794791
I'm just saying it is more likely that Zygarde is based on Nidhoggr than Jormungandr.
>>
I like regular Zygarde and 100% Zygarde, but not the doggo, is something wrong with me? Do I have shit taste?
>>
The Theory doesn't make sense cause it's improperly implied. France, or well Gaul as it was known to RL Romans and such atleast 2000 years ago, was a SHITSTORM of Syncretism. You had Celts, GrecoRoman and what became "Norse" myths mixed together. The Yddgrasil Theory is bullshit desu. If anything Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde are an awkward mix of Greek/Roman And Norse Gods and Monsters blended together sprinkled with Hindu and Celtic tones. Basically Indo-European Myths found across its descended Cultures that would fit the time scale of 3,000 years ago.

Xerneas: Based on Artermis/Diana given the Deer (specifically the Cerynean Hind) tied to life-giving properties, Brahmaa given its role as creator and the connection to the number four (X having four points), the Horned God Cernunnos and the Arthurian Merlin (as Merlin was tied to wildlife, deers and becoming a magical tree in some stories)

Yveltal: Based on Apollo given the Crow-esque features and being a destroyer (perhaps through the Coronis myth), Shiva given its role as destroyer and the number three (Y has three points), the Morrigan a triple-crow goddess of War and Death (Sounds familiar eh?)

Zygarde: Based on the myth of the original Oracle of Delphi, an embodiment of the earth in the form of a big ass snake named Pythia, Vishnu given their associated with the number five (Z has "five" points I guess?) and snakes (legit has a five-headed snake for a mount,) along with the two's shared role of Preserver. The Norse myth is heaviest here since you have Fenrir the Dog (or more so Garmr a supposed Underworld variant under Hel's control), the Midgard Serpent which makes a lot of sense since Zygarde is legit a "Serpent" who can wrap itself around the world (Via its Cores and Cells) and lastly Perfect form is a lose, genderless variant of Hel (representing the powers of Life and Death but with none of the Undead Waifu features)
>>
>>27794996
Yes, because I've read more than just the Wikipedia entry.
>>
>>27795192
>Poké-Kyushu has hebrew legendaries
>Poké-New York has chinese legendaries
>but for some reason, Poké-France can't have norse legendaries
>>
Also to those who beat me to some of the connections I am giving you all gold stars! Cause seriously thought I was the only overanalyzing weirdo Pokemon fanboy who couldn't just sit on "oh it's just based on Yddgrasil okaaaaaay! :D""

And also it's because it fits the overall feel they wanted with Zygarde, it being based on CTHONIC beings like Midgard Serpent, like Hel, like Hecate if you wanna see it being connected to her or even Demeter, like Pythia or Gaea even, so on so forth. Though I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Zygarde suddenly has a sexy ass chick voice in the Anime and everyone suddenly starts Waifuing to shit of it.
>>
>>27795192
So then I was like OBLIVION WING, OBLIVION WING, OBLIVION WING, DARK PULSE, OBLIVION WING, and it was like a total faint!
>>
>>27795278
Can you explain Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem?
Like why does Kyurem have such a weird asymmetrical look and can merge with the other two?
>>
File: Vishnu.jpg (22KB, 192x263px) Image search: [Google]
Vishnu.jpg
22KB, 192x263px
>>27795192
Ability-wise I fully agree that they're based on Brahma, Shiva and Vishnu, but design wise I'm inclined to think the Norse mythology has some stanfing, even if it's not a strong one. Since Vishnu is the only one that really looks like Zygarde.
>>
>>27795214
>I've read more than just the Wikipedia entry
But Gamefreak clearly didn't.
>>
File: zigarde dog.png (149KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
zigarde dog.png
149KB, 600x450px
>>27793134
>>
Zygarde is a worm and dogs get worms
>>
>>27795382
So I wasn't a dumbass to nickname my Y Shiva.
>>
>>27795192
I don't know how you did it, but you've managed to make a the most confusing frankentheory I've ever seen. Good job, I guess
>>
>>27795345
Kyurem itself is perfectly symmetrical. It's part of a trifecta with Reshiram (Yin, representing positive energy) and Zekrom (Yang, representing negative energy) with Kyurem representing Wuji, or Void. They're all three pieces of the "Ancient Dragon" that was shattered long ago. When Kyurem merges with Reshiram or Zekrom, he's asymmetrical because it's literally two thirds of a complete form and missing the third. Individually they look fine, and I'd imagine that if all three combined back to their original form it would be symmetrical as well, but when you form an imperfect reunion that's missing a piece, it comes out funny looking.

That's really all there is to it. Black and White versions are just incomplete versions of the original whole and missing a good chunk of what's needed to complete the puzzle.
>>
>>27795976
I don't think it is that complicated but the general sense of " Letter + Number + Things with that role in cycle" sounds plausible.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.