[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>16 gyms available (which btw was done with limited hardware)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: pokemon_gen2.jpg (89KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_gen2.jpg
89KB, 1920x1080px
>16 gyms available (which btw was done with limited hardware)
>Continued the plot of its past generation
>Most cities available
>You actually interacted with the League's Champion

Tell me again why it isn't best gen
>>
File: HGSS.jpg (23KB, 500x214px) Image search: [Google]
HGSS.jpg
23KB, 500x214px
>>27791250
It was redone better
>>
>>27791250
It is best gen. Remakes count.
>>
Terrible pokemon placement, bad level curve, and a mostly empty Kanto region.
>>
>>27791250
Well, it doesn't have the best champion without Shirona, but it's definitely got enough to make up for that.

It also has the best third game hands down.
>>
>>27791250
It is best gen. It has the least cons and the most pros by far.
>>
>>27791407
I have a few complaints:

>While speaking with Champion Lance, the music doesn't stop during his dialogue. It totally ruined the epic feeling it gave in the original.

>Goldenrod's theme song sounds like crap
>>
Shitty level curve. Awful Pokemon placement.
>>
>>27791250
It is though.
>>
(most of my actual complaints are actually for the remakes surprisingly)

>Kanto was basically empty (acceptable in the original, but not the remake)

>Every playthrough I've had to grind before the final gym/Kanto (both)

>The remake crashed WAY to often, for both me and my nephew (separate cartage, anyone else with this problem?)

>Pokemon following you often looked odd... (more of a personal complaint, but never understood why everyone freaked out about the Pokemon following you thing)

>Not enough trainers to actually train on

>weird level thing where some trainers at a part would have 35-40's then others would have like 20-30's

those were most of my complaints, but hey, no gen is better than the next in my opinion, every gen has it's charms, I find myself replaying them all from time to time
>>
>>27791773
This.
Also shit teams for gym leaders and elite four. (particularly morty jasmine lance)
The worst and weaker grunts.

For me it's really not the best...
Just bonus points for Kanto... but seriously I don't care.
They should have done better Johto instead of that.

The game design is not really good.
>>
Adding Kanto was a mistake

>Shit level curve because of it
>Next to no content in Kanto besides the gyms
>some of the new pokemon aren't available in johto
>more than half of the good tms are post game

the postgame interfered too much with the main game, that's my main complaint
>>
most gen 2 pokemon lack identity and are forgettable because they barely spotlighted their own games

The gym leaders by and large still used old pokemon, as did the trainers. The Rockets still used Zubats and Rattatas and Drowzees and Grimers and shit. Your first two gyms specialize in Flying and Bug and they dont even use the early route new Flying and bug type pokemon

I get the idea that back then new pokemon were actually new, and Johto was connected to Kanto so a whole new region of new pokemon never discovered next door would be weird, but its jarring after all this time.
>>
>>27791250
Translation
>shortest region by far, you go through jotho in a breeze
>plot isn't really a continuation at all, but then again >>plot
>most cities available
The fact that this is a pro despite the fact that it's really objectively a negative says a lot about the game
>interacted with the champion
You didn't in gen 1, 5 and 5.5?

>>27791407
Really didn't fix the issues that were in HGSS to begin with.
>>
>>27792379
>Gen 5
>Gen 5.5
What's shitty way of separating Bw2 which was still Gen 5
>>
>>27792469
What a condescending non-saying comment.
>>
File: 1469578015818.jpg (25KB, 358x255px) Image search: [Google]
1469578015818.jpg
25KB, 358x255px
Off the top of my head...
>Horrible level curve
>barren Kanto
>way too many Johto mons not available till post E4
>Trainers have weird ass levels especially in Kanto
>A lot of Johto pokemon are shitmons
>No fucking evo stones till Crystal
>Most Johto gym leaders and trainers don't use Johto pokemon
>>
>>27791250
>(which btw was done with limited hardware)

You could have fit 32 Gyms or more in GSC if you wanted. The issue is time, not hardware. They could have easily fit the cut areas of Kanto in GSC, and there are hacks that have done so without increasing the size of the cart; the reason it was left incomplete was because Iwata cleared the space to add Kanto really close to the end of development and GS had already been delayed multiple times and they didn't want to delay it again so they cut a few areas from Kanto that they couldn't get done in time and shipped it.

Still love GSC of course.
>>
>Can't get any Dark types before Ice Cave; not even Murkrow/Houndour swarms
>Barely anything to do in Kanto

Upsides
>Version legendaries available in both games, but obtained in different ways
>Story didn't shoehorn legendaries; most of the plot was 'Team Rocket is trying to make a comeback'
>>
>>27792489
http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/10-things-you-might-not-know-about-nintendo-s-satoru-iwata-1299085

Number 3. Unless I am mistaken. But the programming part wasn't the biggest problem, because it was basically the same engine.
>>
>>27792789
>Iwata thought gamers deserved more
Imagine if GameFreak had that mindset for Gen 7 and crammed in a whole post-game region or something. Even if it was as disappointing as Gen 2 Kanto it'd be a helluva thing to see from them.
>>
File: 1442271234392.png (36KB, 250x331px) Image search: [Google]
1442271234392.png
36KB, 250x331px
>>27793057
Just port Kalos, they can't make it any worse than it already is.
>>
File: 1457219225874.jpg (48KB, 510x383px) Image search: [Google]
1457219225874.jpg
48KB, 510x383px
>>27792488
The pokemon were my main issue, with a good amount being shitmons with awful stats, some being post-game/by the time you beat the 8th gym, you really miss out.

Dont forget trade holding item evolutions and stones being non-existent, nowonder things like ampharos are so popular for a gen 2 mon, its avaliable early and actually useful ingame.
>>
>>27791250
New pokemon were mostly babies or had no evolutions
>>
>>27794112
I can't believe that in fucking 2010 I had to take a Weepinbell to the hall of fame.
>>
>>27791773
This. I hadn't played the games in years but it's really fuckin killing me. The shitty level curve I can sort of live with, but this game has probably the worst Pokemon placement I could think of. It's just garbage. Giving you Bellsprout and Oddish early on, with no way to get their evolution stones until Kanto, same with all evolutionary stones if I recall right. So that Vulpix you caught right after Goldenrod? Go fuck yourself, maybe you can have Ninetails in 20 hours, long after you beat the Elite 4.

At least HGSS gave you the Pokeathlon so you could grind some mini-games for them but it still sucks.
>>
>some post GSC faggot complains about hardware limitations and nostalgia factor

You just weren't there, nigger. Sorry. Gen II put the old mons on spotlight while still feeling like a continuation, something recent games have failed to do despite pandering to genwunners hard.

Who gives a fuck in Houndour and Murkrow are in Kanto in their own generation? The fact is you got to go to Kanto.
>>
>>27795747
You can hope in Crystal that the phone trainers who give you evolution stones will, but if you're playing GS, good luck, you fuck.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.