[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there bad Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (60KB, 640x318px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 640x318px
dont give me that bullshit of
>if there all good no ones good
Like it literally baffles one of my favorite pkmn is Crawdaunt his atk is above average but he is too slow to initiate and can't take a hit
You would think with fucking pseudos running around they would give other Pokemon a chance
If a Pokemon is not fast it should take a hit but if it's fast it is a glass canon but then you have these other pkmn that hav 1 high stat and everything else is below average it really sucks because if you like a pkmn it should at least have a fair chance, you can have a your favorite pkmn be 10/10, goat design wise but that bittersweet taste knowing it is garbage
>>
>>27790789
Some are supposed to be garbage, like Farfetch'd.
>>
>>27790789
> Crawdaunt is OU
You could at least choose an example that actually needs help.

GF seems to have a policy of design first, mechanics second, and just lets the community sort out its own multiplayer because the game is so unbalanced it's ridiculous. The answer is there isn't a reason, other than, for better or worse, "GF decided to make it that way".
>>
Because those monsters were meant to be part of the diverse experience of playing the game single player.

That, however, is too narrow a view of the threat which "Smogon" represents to both those victims who are children, and also adults who regress toward infantile states of mind on account of their own susceptibility to such expressions of the wildly irrationalist occult.

Both "VGC" and "Smogon" are fresh examples of epidemic forms of mental disease akin to the "Flagellant" cult which rampaged during Europe's Fourteenth Century "New Dark Age," and to the "witchcraft cults" which spread during Europe's Seventeenth Century, as a by-product of the Venice-directed, Habsburg-led horror of religious warfare over the 1511-1648 interval. The recurring spread of such pro-autism forms of "New Romanticism" existentialist cults, is typified currently by the impact of the "metagames" irrationalism echoed in the alliance between the lunatic "competitive Coalition" and the Gnosticism-riddled "competitive Alliance" in such U.S. states as Virginia today.

The spread of the influence of such forms of deranged occultism, as the existentialism of Nazi Party Nietzschean philosopher Martin Heidegger, Karl Jaspers, Theodor Adorno, Hannah Arendt, Jean-Paul Sartre, Martin Buber, et al., typifies the continuity between the New Romanticism of Immanuel Kant, G.W.F. Hegel, and their followers; the archetypical cultural pessimist Schopenhauer; the rise of the fascist parties of Hitler, Mussolini, and Jabotinsky, and the "New Age" lunacies of "information theory," "artificial intelligence," "VGC," and "Smogon" today. The assault on Pomfret, from within certain nominal competitive scenees, such as "OU" forms of "metagame" cults in Virginia today, typifies the recurring patterns of moral degeneracy which accompany the onset of a period of an onrushing "new dark age" in the history of a culture.
>>
Sometimes I just think that there isn't all that much communication among GameFreak staff when it comes to allocating stats, movepools, typings and such. Gen 2 and 3 probably had it the worst, there are so many fully evolved Pokémon in those gens that are given such miserably shit-tier stats that it feels like no one working on the game even noticed they were there.

If GameFreak could just once run back through old Pokémon and touch up a few that are needlessly underpowered, that would be ideal.
>>
>>27790841
>design first, mechanics second
This, after all, the game is made for literal children and casuals.
>>
>>27790885
Wtf are you smoking senpai ?
>>
>>27790789
unless part of its concept is that its supposed to be weak for whatever reason, i dont think any pokemon are made garbage on purpose

many of the low BST pokemon level up faster than their other counterparts, for example

also crawdaunt has been palatable for at least two generations now thanks to adaptability, i dont see it going away anytime soon
>>
>>27790789
If every Pokemon was good, it wouldn't encourage anyone to use harder to obtain & train Pokemon when you could just use your starter and any generic route 1 mon.
>>
>>27790789
>whinging about crawdaunt when someone reached number one on Showdown's OU with it in their team
Kys
>>
>>27790789
>Why is steel resistant to nearly everything ?
>>
>>27790916
It's a copy-paste from this (http://www.larouchepub.com/eiw/public/2001/eirv28n49-20011221/eirv28n49-20011221_064-harry_potter_as_pokemon_ii-lar.pdf) article from 2001 trying to relate Harry Potter and Pokémon to satanism. I guess somebody from /vp/ recently found the paper and decided to spam it.
>>
>>27790789
Crawdaunt is a bro

I've been hoping they'll someday redesign their stats to where any Pokemon could be trained into the top tier
>>
>>27790990
didnt someone also get #1 with shedinja recently
>>
>>27790997
Steel is made to be physically defensive
>>
>>27790990
Getting to no1 when the teams get more varied but trying to get out of the ferrothorn, talonflame, and Chansey pools is hell
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.