[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>That starter you boxed at the first opportunity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: iur[1].png (150KB, 900x942px) Image search: [Google]
iur[1].png
150KB, 900x942px
>That starter you boxed at the first opportunity
>>
>>27785828
Why pick a Pokemon you're not going to use? At least in the case of Gen V where all of them are pretty questionable, Serperior and Samurott are tolerable, and Emboar's back sprite is tolerable.
>>
>>27785881
Because exactly as you say, Serperior is shit, Emboar I had already played through one of the other gen 5 games with and I couldn't give the tiniest fuck about Oshawott.

Coupled with the fact gen 5 doesn't withhold all the good Pokemon until the end of the game.
>>
>>27785881
Also you don't set out to not use the starter. You use it for a while and then discover it is shit compared to everything else.
>>
>>27785881
because you have to pick a starter

and starters are trash
>>
>>27785986
Name six pokemon better than literally all of the starters in any game that you can get early.
>>
>>27786111
>That you get early
That seems like cheating. Even in a game with an amazing roster I usually don't have more than 4 Pokemon as permanent team members until well after the half way mark due to earmarking Pokemon that I know don't appear until close to or after the last gym.

Also, starters looking like shit has just as much bearing on why people wouldn't use them.
>>
File: smellyalater.png (149KB, 611x348px) Image search: [Google]
smellyalater.png
149KB, 611x348px
>>27785944
>>27785982
>>27785986

>Not sticking with your first partner to the very end

Here's your (you) samefag.
>>
>>27786248
The other Pokemon you catch are also your partners. Are you saying they are less valuable? You some kind of Pokemon supremacist or something?

Also "partner" would imply me and it started out as equals. I am litierally saddled with the starter Pokemon at the beginning of every game against my will.
>>
>>27785828
>hating smugleaf
kys yourself
>>
>>27785881
Because when I played gen 5 I didn't realize that Snivy was going to be outclassed immediately after the second gen.

Then after trying Tepig and Oshawott I realized they were immediately outclassed around the same time as well.
>>
>>27785828
>shitting on smugchief
Faggot.
>>
>>27786248
We cringe thread now?
>>
>>27786331
Not at all. But if the posts quoted are anything to go by, only edgelords box their starters.

Unless they're playing Gen IV, in which case, I can respect their choice since Turtwig and Chikorita are kind of shit.
>>
I boxed the kanto starter in X
I boxed treecko in AS I brought over my masuda treecko from X
>>
>>27786348
>>27786462
>Liking snivy
You two just want to get vored, right?
>>
>>27787072
>Only edge lords box their starters
Like half of the deviantart mons are starters.
>>
none of them, you monster
>>
File: serperior.png (54KB, 230x235px) Image search: [Google]
serperior.png
54KB, 230x235px
>Not sweeping with based Coil setupper.
I swept Cynthia in BW with 60 level Serperior one of the best mons in Unova if you use it right.
>>
>leaving your friend you were supposed to travel with

Also
>>27786525
>Nuzlocke
>cringe
>>
>>27787215
>pretending Nuzlocke comics aren't 99% cringe
>>
>>27787212
>Implying I didn't ditch that shit an hour in for a Moxie Sandile juggernaut.
5 levels lower than all of Ghetsis's team and one shotted his Hydreigon with low kick.
>>
>>27785828
If I play through the games again I box the starter.
>>
>>27787238
Yeah, but isn't that the original one, though? That series was pure gold.
>>
>>27787144
That's because it's their own special snowflake region with ORIGINAL starters. But those kids aren't edgelords. Edgelords are the guys who all want Mewtwo as their starter because he's like them: Intelligent, Nihilistic, and a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>27787380
Was it really? When was the last time you looked at it? I loved it when I was underrage but I haven't looked at it for years. Something tells me it might not hold up so well.
>>
>>27787381
In what way does that tie into boxing your starter? Most people box their starter because they just outright don't want to use their starter.

Starters are also OP for when you get them and you are in denial if you think that is not the case. In early game a fucking level 6 with a STAB attack and decent stats compared to the shitty dog, rat and birdmons you encounter can do a lot of damage.
>>
File: dgesrghrtshrs.jpg (75KB, 761x512px) Image search: [Google]
dgesrghrtshrs.jpg
75KB, 761x512px
>>27787424
Depends on your sense of humour, to be quite honest.
If there are some moments that can be considered "too cool" for Pokemon, they're usually used ironically. Well, the entire series is full of ironic jokes, although the style of the storytelling has slighty changed.
>>
>boxing based oshawott

Snivy and Tepig sure, not him. Razor Shell is great
>>
>>27785828
That's cruel.
>>
>>27787578
Iris is fucking terrifying, what is he talking about?
I loved the series but the infrequency of updates is what really turned me off. I mean, he started the BW chapter in what, 2012?
>>
>>27785828
i only did it in yellow
>>
>>27787123
>projecting
>>
>>27785828
All gen2 pokemon.
Granted, only did that in HG/SS since there were better ones, I kept feraligatr round till level 100 in original silver.
>>
I haven't done it yet, but I might with the Alola starters. None of them aren't that appealing, especially if the leak is true
>>
File: 1443705760075.png (254KB, 675x442px) Image search: [Google]
1443705760075.png
254KB, 675x442px
>Boxing Starters at all
>>
>>27789160
>boxing any pokemon at all

Actually i will in SM the 3rd evolutions are garbage.
>>
>>27789271
>>>/trash/
>>
File: its a diaper pattern.png (4KB, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
its a diaper pattern.png
4KB, 56x56px
>>27785828
>>
>>27789283
>stop having an opinion Anon

Fucking bellsprout will be my starter.
>>
>>27788004
Iris isn't a champion yet there, and she isn't terrifying to people who played Black. She's not even a gym leader there.
Also weakest Champion too.
>>
>>27787123
Quit projecting. Vore is for degenerates. I just like that smug grass-snake

Servine a shit tho
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.