[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos forms for gen1 pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Pepe-The-Facebook-Frog.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Facebook-Frog.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>no Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos forms for gen1 pokemon

Why they had to adapt only in Alola? That makes no sense
>>
>>27769963
>Why they had to adapt only in Alola? That makes no sense

Geographical isolation can cause evolution to speed up and or get out of hand much faster: Animals can grow larger, smaller or vary in completely different ways when compared to their main land counterparts.

Dodo Birds are a kind of Pigeon, but you'd never know it by just comparing the two animals.
>>
>>27769963
Johto is literally linked to Kanto, and Sinnoh is close enough that they have a shared temple. Hoenn is also most likely nearby, considering some shared, albeit event, islands. So no reason for them to change drastically

In the case of Unova, they are invasive, brought in VERY recently, so not enough time has passed

In the case of Kalos, I don't know. Maybe they refused to adapt just to spite the French?
>>
>>27769963
Well, the website states that there are specific reasons for it, but it's such a big coincidence that it really doesn't make sense. We finally get information that pokemon can actually adapt and evolve (not pokemon evolution, regular evolution), but it just so happens in 1 region. I wonder if the next generation will have regional variants...
>>
>>27770009
were*
>>
>>27769963
Because it's an anniversary game and even if it wasn't it makes sense to update one gen at a time?
>>
>>27770078
>In the case of Kalos, I don't know. Maybe they refused to adapt just to spite the French?
Hon hon why won't Raichu accept my omelet du fromage?
>>
>>27769963
Most of those regions are really close to each other.
Unova is mostly Gen 5 mons and the rest arrived from oversea trainers in likely less than a couple hundred years, so no time to shift.
Kalos also has a lot of visitors.
Also you have to keep in my mind they all share the same general temperate climate while Alola's islands are radically different.
>>
Greninja is objectively the worst pokemon
>>
All first four gens are in very close proximity so they aren't radically different environments. Gen 5 they are invasive species that arrived recently no real time for the divergent evolution. Kalos is the only one that is kind of iffy but I assume Kanto and Kalos both are temperate regions with similar climates opposed to the tropical Alola region
>>
No no, OP is right. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened. Anything that ever didn't make 100% sense should have never been added to the games. No new anything that doesn't align completely to all the information we were given in the first games.
>>
>>27769963
who gives a fuck? it's a video game you fucking nerd
>>
>>27770078
All the Kalos forms died with the AZ weapon
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.