[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rant: Why we're not Bulbagarden I stole a look at Bulbagarden

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Bulbalol.png (49KB, 594x330px) Image search: [Google]
Bulbalol.png
49KB, 594x330px
Rant: Why we're not Bulbagarden
I stole a look at Bulbagarden today using my DSi to get around the ban on my IP. What I found disgusted me to no end.

That place has literally become a walking lynch mob of Archaic and his stooges. The mods all act almost like he's brainwashed them; you'd have to be a fool to think he knew nothing of DCM's supposed 'boycott' of Serebii - which itself is just a pretty sad attempt to drum up drama prior to the release of Black and White.

Really, when someone who was modded out of pure cronyism (see below for more on that) randomly begins starting up crap because a rival site doesn't out anonymous sources just before a major release, you have to wonder. Any person capable of logical thought knows that when a source asks to be anonymous, you honor that request; it is one of the core tenets of simple good journalism. Having actually seen the emails myself, the 'sources' thing is just a smokescreen - they are clearly trying to get their main rival to mess up and blow a huge story when it comes.
>>
>>27767301
As for DCM, he's a perfect point of what I'm talking about. Previously, last year, he was given trial mod powers but failed his exam period and was stripped of them. Following that, he fashioned himself the self-appointed sheriff of the Bulbagarden Forums blog section, posting on almost every single blog and minimodding everything he didn't like. Anywhere else on the forums this would have been grounds for an infraction, but when complaints were lodged, people were told "the blogs are different, so the rules don't apply." After Wiil resigned from mod status (after being forced to pay for the Bulbagarden Christmas tournament grand prize, a copy of HGSS, by Archaic), DCM was promptly appointed the new mod, over the objections of even some staff and after he had already failed his trial period.

On another note, most of you able to read this are aware that Archaic and I had it out for some time a month or two ago. It happened when I was informed of insults directed at me and Neku being posted on a Bulbagarden brownnoser's Twitter account; when I did some poking around, I discovered it was not just being done by regular members, but by mods all the way up to Kasumi herself. The number two. Naturally, I was angered by this, and took a few screencaps that I then went public with.
>>
>>27767326
Right after that, it was discovered that on TVTropes's Big Name Fan page, someone had added the claim that Arceus was named after Archaic to his entry. Neku ran the IP on the poster of that and discovered it was from Costa Rica - where Kasumi lives. This was then also screencapped and made public, and when Kasumi found out, it turned out she didn't do it at all - Archaic finally had the balls to show himself and answer my charges, and admitted that he made the edit himself while in Costa Rica over Christmas holiday, on Kasumi's computer without telling her.

Why am I even bringing that up? Because while I was randomly clicking on old Bulbagarden blogs today, I found this. Yes, it's true that Serebii Joe edited out the Arceus remark from TVTropes, but because he was informed of it by me and Neku. Archaic knew that, yet conveniently excluded any role we had in it in order to blame Joe for everything. But, do you see something else missing? He also left out how he himself was responsible for the vandalism of TVTropes in the first place and acted like it was some mysterious being causing mischief.

Now, today, this came out. Based on their past fanfiction 'competitions' and just reading the posts about it, this contest looks like a disorganized mess; yet, the Serebii fan fiction community - where, despite there being some real fools, the good authors have a good sense of community and put together coherent fanfiction awards annually - gets trashed by some of the same people responsible for this mess.
>>
>>27767349
Glacidia Forums is meant to be something better than the pit of hatred called Bulbagarden. We may not have Bulbapedia or admins who whip out their massive e-peens and brag about being "the most important Pokéshipper" to win arguments, but I will tell you what we do have. We have a sense of justice and fairness. We believe in our ideals of making the community for the fans by the fans, and we don't just say those words like Archaic does; anyone who witnessed the Asalieri incident or anyone who's been in the chat knows this. We believe in providing a place where we do the best we can to make everybody feel welcome, not just the people who kiss the admin's ass the most. Most of all, we believe that every member of the community is worthwhile and has something meaningful to contribute.

These are the ideals Glacidia is built upon, and heaven help me they will be the ideals I hold up here for as long as it lives.
>>
what are these fucking ramblings?
>>
>>27767301
>>27767326
>>27767349
>>27767369
Um... What?
>>
Waaah ~pomfret~
>>
>/vp/ blogs and shitposting
>>
What the fuck man?
>>
>>27767522
its a weapon to surpass metal gear
>>
Where is the report button on mobile? No one cares about your shitty out-of-context clique rant or the promotion of your shitty new forum because you got kicked out of your beloved one. Don't ever talk to me or my /vp/ ever again.
>>
>>27767301
Yo kid listen up. Shut you mouf. No one give any type of shit.
>>
File: image.png (185KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
185KB, 640x1136px
>>27767763
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.