[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pokemon in the anime have to be told to dodge an attack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1437151219323.jpg (37KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1437151219323.jpg
37KB, 704x396px
>Pokemon in the anime have to be told to dodge an attack
>>
>>27760506
>there are people who unironically like the anime
>>
>>27760506
In a realistic battle, I'd think there would always be a chance for a pokemon to dodge an attack, especially if that pokemon is fast. 100% accurate moves only make sense in the games.
>>
Kek I always assumed that the pokemon are hardcore and try to take an attack straight on

>What are you doing?! For God's sake, Dodge the attack!!
>lol I ain't no fuckin' pussy
>>
>>27760600
There are many attacks that are much worse in game than they'd be in a realistic battle. Teleport does nothing on cartridge but is actually a godlike superpower. Protect would be on practically anything, because lol blocking every attack you can throw at it. Anything that boosts speed turns you into sanic, h-he's fast! Psychic, Telekinesis and Gravity are incredible as well, being able to manipulate the battle field with your mind guarantees victory, have a Pokemon that's immune to Psychic? Don't care, throw rocks at it with your telekinetic powers. Recover is Wolverine tier. Phantom Force is *unsheath katana, teleport and stab in the back* tier. Minimize is literally Marvels Antman.
Mind Reader and Future Sight gives your Pokemon a HUGE strategical advantage.

An Alakazam with Protect, Psychic, Recover and Teleport is basically the complete OC donutsteel package of superpowers.
>>
>>27760506
It's like watching your kid play little league sports. You don't need to tell them to swing the bat but they're going to do it regardless
>>
File: 1471030539949.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471030539949.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>27761651
Webm related. How Agility on a slow base 70 mon looks like. Good look winning against this thing in close combat without ranged or area attacks, while it bombards you with lasers and psychic waves.
>>
>>27762972
the fuck does anybody even catch that mon in the anime?? all of ash's mons literally beg him to stay, have we ever even seen a mon like that get caught?
>>
>>27760600
I like to imagine for moves like that it means it completly surrounds the opponent instantly, like swift just pops a sphere of stars into existence around the enemy

I know its been shown to be not like that but i can dream
>>
File: punch-out-wii-loading-screen.jpg (39KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
punch-out-wii-loading-screen.jpg
39KB, 620x348px
>>27760506
A pokemon trainer role in the battle is to have the bigger picture, sure pikachu knows that it needs to dodge, but he can't see what's behind it or may not know what the other trainer is planning to do, hell, maybe the pokemon have no idea what attacks they may or not resist, the trainer does. So its good to remind them how and when.
>>
>>27762972
Agility seems to be more or less a temporary boost though, most times we've seen it in the anime it's used to dodge attacks or otherwise manuever around the battlefield. Even here Alain just used it to box in Pikachu, and Electro Ball noticeably damaged Metagross after.

>>27763058
There've been a few wild Metagross in the anime, but they've all been too powerful to catch. Don't forget that even in the anime, pseudos are regarded as extremely powerful, most people probably just catch a Beldum.
>>
>>27763202
Pikachu would have gotten BTFOd if it didn't pull an Orange League and clinged to Metagross' head.
>>
But sometimes it's better to take an attack so that you can be in a better position for your counter, or maybe something needs to be setup distance wise, mindgames. Ordering a dodge is basically saying there is no alternative.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.