[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gimmick NPCS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1396163094727.png (501KB, 700x550px) Image search: [Google]
1396163094727.png
501KB, 700x550px
>Pokemon Sapphire
>Parasol Lady with a Milotic in heavy rain overworld area
>Pokemon Emerald
>Same route, double battle against a manectric with thunder and castform

How come we don't get too many of those well done gimmick NPC trainers? Fuckers always wiped me at least once when I played without paying attention

Let's make some scenarios like these. Desert area crawling with trainers with Sand Force/Cloak pokemon, Hail areas with Ice Body and weather ball gimmicks. Put those creative juices to use

pic unrelated
>>
>>27758820
I loved that. Those trainers in the desert route with Sand Veil Sandshrews permanently ruined that line for me. We need more trainers that take advantage of weather effects.
>>
Let's say mid-late game desert route, around lvl 33

At the very end

>Sand Force Excadrill, overleveled to 36
>Horn Drill
>Slash
>Mud Slap
>Earthquake, fuck you why did you think I made it level 36

Just one of those good ol' "fuck you" NPCs. Like that one Veteran at the end of B/W victory road, or the milotic lady.

Maybe make it a double battle with a maractus or something and give it rototiller
>>
>>27758820
That perfect Thunder gimmick battle ended my Emerald Nuzlocke, fucking triggered
>>
Holy fuck don't remind me, that Milotic was hell
>>
>>27758820
There's the Parasol Lady in BW2 after Driftveil with a Castform. The route can get both rain or snow
>>
File: emiya back.jpg (71KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
emiya back.jpg
71KB, 800x600px
rip Emiya the Swellow
Killed by 100% acc Thunder
>>
>>27758820
>Pokemon Sapphire
>Bug Maniac on Route 119 has a Lombre with Nature Power (Razor Leaf)
>Collector on Route 110 has both a Lombre and a Nuzleaf, if you challenge him for a battle on tall grass they will use Nature Power (perfect accuracy Stun Powder)
>>
I waiy for the day when we will get a double battle in rain where one participant has Soak and the other one has Thunder

Rapetrain inbound
>>
>>27760084
>Emiya
>Not something like Kojiro

One job, anon, one job
>>
>>27758820
>>27760044

I always felt a little bad that the Milotic trainer gave me such a hard time back in RSE, but now I feel validated. That was a hell of a curveball, and it was refreshing to have that level of challenge now that I look back on it. I hope gen 7 has more of these.
>>
>>27760084
>there's literally a servant with an attack named after swallows (Aerial Ace's japanese name is literally that technique by the way)
>anon goes with the servant whose power is swordspam

At least use a Pokemon that learns Sword Dance.
>>
>tfw had manectric and it just one shot her milotic
I don't think I ever had trouble with any trainer npc outside of champions. I never understood why people complain about difficulty in these games, everything is easy until you get to the battle frontier
>>
>>27762501

Well aren't you cool. Complaining is probably the last thing anyone is doing here. On the whole, most people are pleasantly surprised by the trainers mentioned and want more of them.
>>
>>27758820
In general they should have more NPCs that use gimmick moves, it both provides challenge to your usual teams and helps show new players how to take advantage of them.
>>
Not even a gimmick but the one of the deadliest random trainer has to be the battle girl with Throh in X/Y reflection cave.
If you happen to have pokemon who evolve late that chick will destroy you.
>>
It would be nice if at least one trainer in each road past a certain point in the game had an overleveled/strong gimmick team. Just one per route to keep people guessing.

What types of gimmicks can be abused in hail aside blizzard and ice body?
>>
>>27763737
Snow cloak is way more annoying than ice body. Thunder wave+protect+destiny bond+confuse ray froslass could be a pain in the ass
>>
I'm just annoyes that we haven't seen any strong sunlight overworld since Groundon

The fucking possibilities
>>
>>27763818

No way they'd put a full on annoyer set pike this in-game

Can Froslass learn Hex? Maybe put that over protect and I can see it
>>
>Now Hurricane also joins the fray as a power up in rain attack

Thunder + Hurricane late game double battle fucking when
>>
Bump for fun/interest

>Tfw no Rain Dish Ludicolo Mirror B. Lookalike in the main games
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.