[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one iota of proof that megas are still in. In all the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12

File: pok-mon-sun-moon-characters.png (251KB, 640x752px) Image search: [Google]
pok-mon-sun-moon-characters.png
251KB, 640x752px
Give me one iota of proof that megas are still in. In all the reveals, all the hype train, we have not seen a single mega.The protagonists do not have a Mega Ring, only a Z-Ring (or whatever they're calling it) for Z-Moves. Furthermore, in XY multiple characters said mega evolution was a new thing exclusive to Kalos. (ORAS can be excused since it was same-gen.)

If your proof is, "It's a new feature, game freak would never remove it!" then see the following:
>VS Seeker
>Pokewalker
>following pokemon
>emerald battle frontier
>seasons
>Pokeradar
>PWT
>difficulty settings
>gym leader rematches
etc. etc. etc.
>>
>>27758633
Give me one iota of proof that megas are out and we may argue
>>
>>27758651
literally read the post
>>
>>27758663
They never remove battling mechanics
>>
>>27758633
Give me one iota of proof that starter evolutions and all Pokemon not yet shown are still in. In all the reveals, all the hype train, we have not seen a single starter evo or a Pokemon not yet shown.The protagonists do not have a starter evo or a Pokemon not yet shown, only a first stage and Pokemon that we saw already.
>>
>>27758633
There's no proof either way. I sort of suspect it'll be a postgame thing, which is why they're keeping it under wraps for now.

>>27758680
This. It's not a mere "feature," it's a battle mechanic, more like abilities than seasons. That doesn't mean they can't remove it, but it makes it substantially less likely, I think.
>>
>>27758633
>VS Seeker
Not a battle mechanic.
>Pokewalker
Not a battle mechanic.
>following pokemon
Not a battle mechanic.
>emerald battle frontier
Not a battle mechanic.
>seasons
Not a battle mechanic.
>Pokeradar
Not a battle mechanic.
>PWT
Not a battle mechanic.
>difficulty settings
Not a battle mechanic.
>gym leader rematches
Not a battle mechanic.
>>
>>27758633
Megas were 48 different models they used development time making (and future-proofing with extra polygons). They also showed up in the same movie as Magearna and Perfect Zygarde.
>>
>>27758680

Type gems.

I don't think megas are out, though. Just playing devil's advocate.
>>
>>27758633
Everything you just named are features, not mechanics which never get removed. Features can come and go, just like your precious pokemon following you. So no, Megas aren't a feature and they aren't going anywhere.
>>
>>27758760
This guy gets it.
>>
>>27758814

Those were items, not core battle mechanics. And they're not really "out," they just didn't include provide any way to get them in Gen VI, for some reason. The appropriate comparison with Megas would be if they removed held items as a whole.
>>
>>27758814
Items, not mechanics, and they do still exist, they're just unobtainable.

Maybe once Rotation Battles are removed, Megas will go.
>>
I don't care. Megas are nice and all, but I srsly don't care. I spent 14 years without them. I'm more used to them NOT being in the game.

Alolan forms are actually way more interesting to me. I hope there are more than what make up the trailers before release.
>>
>>27758814
Type gems are items, what are you talking about ?
>>
give me one iota of proof that bibarel is still in the game.
>>
>>27758814
>Type gems.
You mean those which are in the game? You can get them through hacking but they didn't remove them. Not mentioning you can find a Normal Gem in XY.
>>
>Gen 1 everything balance wise was a clusterfuck
They eventually fixed everything
>Gen 6 megas were a fuck up balance wise
Now they are fixing it by removing them with the alternate dimension card. Deal with it
>>
>>27758633
Why would they dedicate so much time, money, and resources to something like Mega Evolutions and then just remove them?

I'm not talking about something like the VS. Seeker or PWT. I'm talking about how they specifically took the time and manpower to design a whole bunch of them, focused on Mega Evolution in both XY and ORAS, have given it a bunch of screentime in the main anime, made an anime mini-series focusing on it, feature it in Pokémon Origins (even though megas weren't a thing in Gen I), feature it in Smash, feature it in Pokkén Tournament, feature it in the TCG, have made tons of merchandise of Mega Evolutions, and they even play a part in the most recent movie.

Whether you like it or not, Megas have helped boost the popularity of Pokémon somewhat. There is absolutely no reason for Game Freak to remove them, and it would be an incredible waste of resources and money. At worst, they won't introduce any new ones in Sun and Moon. Megas are here to stay.
>>
>Steel resists Dark
>Steel doesn't resist Dark
Battle mechanic removed.
>>
>>27758954
Because it sold games.
Doesn't mean they have to keep doing it.
The Alola forms will sell games this time.
>>
>>27758633
Nothing on your list is as significant as all of the assets they're just tossing away if they dont keep Megas. Mega pokemon arent a new arbitrary feature, the entire plotline was basically focused on them for TWO games. They're effectively new forms of a Pokemon, which have not been removed in the past.

They may very well be gone, but all of your examples dont apply to this situations. You're just as full of shit as the people who are convinced they're still in.
>>
>horde battle not shown yet
>"it doesn't mean shit"
>triple battles not shown yet
>"it doesn't mean shit"
>rotation battles not shown yet
>"it doesn't mean shit"
>megas not shown yet
>"GUYSE THEY'RE DROPPING MEGAS"
>>
File: MegaEvolutionKill.jpg (108KB, 605x1004px) Image search: [Google]
MegaEvolutionKill.jpg
108KB, 605x1004px
>>27758651
>>
>>27758954
That's the thing. There's no way they could've known it was going to be popular in X and Y. It was an experiment. They pulled the "it's only in Kalos" card to have an escape route if it went sour. OR/AS, however, proves that it was no longer necessary and they continued. As for the anime, the same reason. The Mega specials were separate from the main anime, they didn't want to risk it at the time. When the plot got reincorporated during XY&Z, it was no longer necessary. They've accepted Megas are a thing now.
>>
>>27758954
>>27758760
These two get it.
>>
They have mega evolutions in:
>toys
>pokken
>smash
>anime
>anime movies

they're not going anywhere you absolute idiots. I hope this is a meme at this point
>>
>>27758680
sky battle
>>
>>27759108
Also TCG and all kinds of side games like shuffle or tretta
>>
>>27759149
Ga-Olé too? I don't think they'll be replacing it any time soon.
>>
This shuts down every argument against megas not returning. 1) They are 48 different models.meaning 48 different pokemon designs, thst are unique and can have different status, abilities, and even types. 2) Think about how much resources went into to making them. That would be a massive step backwards. 3)Megas are pokemon. And they have never removed pokemon from the games (with the exception of the spike ear pichu event going on to over games them HGSS.) 4) The reason we haven't seen any yet because mega evolution is not the focus this generation and most of the stuff we have seen looks like it is from early or middle game of sumo. 5) If they are broken and GF is trying to fix it for competitive play then all they have to do is make it so that mega or all megas can't be used. So with those 5 points in mind megas are returning. Mega evolution is now a staple in pokemon. If you don't like it get over it.
>>
File: SynchroMegaShinka.png (748KB, 854x960px) Image search: [Google]
SynchroMegaShinka.png
748KB, 854x960px
pic 1 = Z crystal hole
pic 2 = key stone hole
>>
I doubt they will remove megas, but I'm sure some of them will get toned down a little. Some minor stat redistribution or weakening/changing abilities.
>>
>>27759177
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qUqs0JNscU
>>
Calling it now.

>no new megas
>mega ring is an unacknowledged, semi hidden item in the post game
>no mega stones in-game, must be traded from X/Y
>>
>>27759177
Yep, just checked
>>
>>27758955
You fucking donut, fucking up the type chart isn't removing any battle mechanic.
>>
>>27759255
Wouldn't work. Want to know why? Because then you'd be able to send items that aren't in X/Y to X/Y.
>>
>>27759255
You cant trade sm with xyoras and you cant transfer items with bank.
>>
>>27759037
Exactly. At the time of XY it was a gamble, and if it wasn't successful they could've just used that "only exists in Kalos" thing as an excuse. But it paid off massively in the end, hence the continued focus on them beyond XY.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1463x824px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1463x824px
>>27759224
I'm confused. Okay, this is what the Z ring is without a Z Crystal in it. I checked the entire animation, the crystal is white during the whole segment, but it is occupying that space. We know Key Stones to be a perfect sphere, though, and the back is not a recess. The Z Crystals are flat on one end, so they can fit the top bit, and I wouldn't think there is already a Key Stone in the bottom half.
>>
>>27759255
I bet there will be a mega stone shop. It's way easier than having to find 40+ unique hiding places for all these different mega stones.
>>
>>27759037
>popular
In what way were they popular?
They were a necessity for competitive battling because of their brokenness.
That really doesn't mean they were well-liked or well-received.
>>
>>27759853
Toys sold
>>
>>27759224
The circle is a buckle.
If not, then how do you put it on?
>>
>>27759591
Do you know what fun is?
Have you ever heard of it?
>>
>>27759853
Then you are clearly totally ignorant.
>>
>give me one proof they'll keep natures and abilities in diamond and pearl
>>
>kid plays ORAS
>has fun with is super duper megadigiChsrizard J
>kid plays SM
>"WAAAH, WHY IS IT GONE?"
And that's why they won't drop megas
>>
>>27759971
You do realize those same people will cry about having to find the Mega Stone AGAIN, making it completely pointless because they don't have the patience to get their Mega back if it DID exist.
>>
I actually dislike megas and wouldn't mind them disappearing and being retconned from Pokemon forever, but even a retard can tell that will never happen.
>>
>>27760028
That can be solved with a Stone Shop
>>
>>27760070
BUT I WANT MY MEGA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>27759911
I'm saying Gamefreak is lazy and that's the most expedient way to do it.

When we get to gen 9 and we have 100 megas, do you really think they'll take the time to scatter them everywhere? You'd have to find them on like every single route.

You find the new ones, you buy the old ones.
>>
>>27759591
My god, with what GF pulled off with Gen 6, and how buildings are aligned on the Alola map, it's plausible.
>>
File: image.png (916KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
916KB, 1334x750px
>>27758633
Slot for a keystone in pic. Also, why would they just throw away what are essentially new Pokemon?
>>
File: Untitled.png (420KB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
420KB, 1067x600px
>>27760240
It's not a recess, and it has to be for a Key Stone. However, I sought to prove that there isn't a Key Stone isn't in there since the Z Crystal is white in the animation. Behold, there is nothing on the bottom of the ring.
>>
>>27758814
Items aren't battle mechanics, sperglord.
>>
Same goes for Amie. You would think we'd have seen at least one screenshot of it if it was still in.
>>
File: 1386658100055.jpg (42KB, 477x347px) Image search: [Google]
1386658100055.jpg
42KB, 477x347px
>>27760471
>>
>>27759853
8 year olds don't care about your competitive battling autism. They like the idea of their Charizard going super saiyan.
>>
File: sun and moon amie.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sun and moon amie.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>27760471
I know its bait, but for the sake of those who don't know
>>
>>27758633

Because you're a fucking newfag that doesn't remember the shitshow that was the ORAS prerelease where everyone bitched and moaned about how "MEGAS ARE SPOILED. THERE'S NO HYPE ANYMORE. WAH WAH WAH."

So they're listening to the community, and hiding the mega reveals so that you don't bitch about them being revealed early.

Not to mention, Megas affected the battle system enough that they wouldn't remove them entirely.
>>
>>27760666
Satan pls
>>
>>27760666
I'm not a newfag, I've been here since 2015
>>
>>27760666
Another one that understands.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160813-190435.png (1MB, 1252x1459px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160813-190435.png
1MB, 1252x1459px
>>27759009
>A Hoenn region where mega evolution doesn't exist
>This is proof that mega evolution isn't in Alola

What

Also, there is evidence of mega evolution possibly being in the game. The SM screenshot came from here: https://youtu.be/TyIkvadJU1Q
>>
Leak time because OP is a faggot.
[spoilers]Mega stones aren't in Alola, Z-Crystals replace them. You honestly think GF will allow one pokemon with Mega Evolution & a different one with the Z-Move on your team? You only get one trump card, not two. Also, if you mega evolve, you can not Z-move with that Pokemon.[/spoiler]
/thread
>>
>>27760991
They have to. The crystals are also a hold item for the pokemon, and there is a different one for each element. This means, yes, you can have more than one pokemon holding one in your team, but they have to each be a different element.
>>
>>27760880
>literally a leaf
>"MEGA EVOLUTION CONFIRMED"

Anon, I...
>>
>>27760420
Maybe because the player doesn't have a Key Stone yet?

Did you think of that before doing your analysis, anon?
>>
>>27759911
>Do you know what fun is?
yes, it was definitely not finding all those mega stones
>>
>>27761072
It's not, it's actually a Zygarde cell.

But still, Megas are still in the game. There just wont be NEW Megas because a 48 item fetch quest with crazy conditions to find each is tedious and stupid and mobile kiddies wont like that and GameFreak is trying to make the games mobilefags wont like that.

Alola forms are literally just Megas without the stones.
>>
>>27758848
Wonder Launcher?
>>
>>27761072
Did you even watch the video? Something is sparkling, it's not a leaf you fag
>>
>>27761109
*trying to make the games mobilefags will like

Fuck
>>
>>27761076
It still has to be a recess to fit a Key Stone. If a Key Stone isn't already in there, there where is the flipping recess? WHERE?
>>
>>27761120
Why do you only see it from a distance and it disappears once you're on top of it, though?
>>
File: yeahtotallyaleaf.gif (794KB, 222x455px) Image search: [Google]
yeahtotallyaleaf.gif
794KB, 222x455px
>>27761072
>leaf

retard alert
>>
>>27761129
The circle space is where the Key Stone goes anon. Why else do you think there is an odd circle space directly across from the main Z Crystal slot when the entire ring besides that spot is covered with slots for other Z Crystals?
>>
>>27761202
Don't be dense. It looks like a flat surface. If you can pause it better than I can and prove it's a hemispherical concave, then okay, but as far as I can tell, no Key Stone is going in there.
>>
>>27761258
Okay anon, we'll see when the day comes.
>>
>>27758970
Because they'll now not sell games?
I'm sure there are some people that would in fact drop the games if Megas were not in.

They already took the time to make them, so even if no new Megas occur, the existing ones have no reason to be gone.
>>
>>27759503
I would assume it's just a graphical limitation to not have the recess.
>>
>>27761350
That's the thing. The animation for the posing sequence has it detailed enough to see what is a recess and what isn't. Not in the overworld model, no, but definitely in the posing sequence itself. That is not a recess in there. I'm dag sure of it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (646KB, 1068x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
646KB, 1068x600px
>was trying to analyze poses and this one that hasn't been identified, but instead found something else

I know we had good evidence before, but I think this outright confirms it. The design forming on the bottom of the screen is the same one from the Trial Start message. I think this is the trial complete, and thus Z Crystal Get
>>
>>27759009
She's talking about the original RSE you retard.
>>
>>27761120
>>27761196
It could be anything.
A Zygarde cell.
Some new Pokemon finding mechanic (like shaking grass).
Or really any hidden item.

It's not even the same kind of sparkle as in >>27760880
>>
>>27763081
She could also easily be talking about any future game.
Honestly, they never had to bring up the discontinuity.
They never even mentioned fairy types.
They specifically went out of their way to make a dual continuum.
That implies they want to revisit the other at some point.
Why would they make it otherwise?
>>
>>27758633
>Give me one iota of proof that breeding is still in. In all the reveals, all the hype train, we have not seen a single egg. The protagonists have not visited a Day Care nor hatched any eggs.

>Give me one iota of proof that the bicycle is still in. In all the reveals, all the hype train, we have not seen a single bike.

>Give me one iota of proof that berries are still in. In all the reveals, all the hype train, we have not seen a single berry.

>Give me one iota of proof that Bulbasaur is still in. In all the reveals, all the hype train, we have not seen a single Bulbsaur.

>etc. etc. etc.
>>
>implying your Z-Bangle won't get an upgrade that allows your Pokemon to Mega Evolve

Come on, retards.
>>
>>27763109
ORAS megastones dont have same sparkle that XY megastones, so SM megastone could be different again

>>27763145
According to Zinnia, the universe where megaevolucion exist has superior technology
>>
>>27763145
They could just as easily done that to accomodate the original versions of game that they have remade and will remake in the future.

Especially if the remakes keep the trend of getting very different from the originals in terms of story and characters like ORAS and to a lesser extent HGSS are. FRLG is the only remake that doesn't change things up much, besides the added post game, and their standard procedure seems to be replacing the originals with the remake in the continuity.
>>
>>27764090
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THEY DON'T EVER REPLACE GAMES, THEY ONLY PUT THEM IN A SEPARATE TIMELINE, THEY'RE STILL POSSIBLE!!!!!!
>>
>>27764354
Yes, that is the reason for them to address different timelines. That was the point I was trying to make.
>>
>>27758938
>They eventually fixed everything
By making Psychic the worst type in the game.
>>
>>27759897
We can see from the toy the buckle is on the side and the hinge on the other
>>
>>27758633
Megas weren't revealed until three months before X and Y. It may be a similar for Sun and Moon. They could also be post-game. Regardless, they're too big now to remove and Mega Stone slots can be seen on the Z-Rings.

By the way, the examples you gave don't change the gameplay of battles.
>>
>>27758938
Even if there are no megas in the game, nothing is keeping it from being placed in the same dimension.
Mega Evolution depends on having certain itens.

I'm fairly sure they will keep following the continuity/universe of the most recently released games, remakes included, instead of ignoring them.
>>
>>27761129
>much recess
Maybe they didn't think it was necessary to increase the poly count for a minor model change? It's a tiny bracelet that you'll never see up THAT close. Why does it need a recess?
>>
>>27764768
The Key Stone is a sphere.
>>
File: Mindfreak.jpg (8KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
Mindfreak.jpg
8KB, 250x187px
>>27763245
>superior technology
>artificial island
>>
>>27764791
So what? This is a 3DS game. There's a limit on how much detail is worthwhile on a tiny screen.
>>
>>27764904
At that rate, they didn't need to make the notches for storing other Z Crystals either.
>>
>>27764791
The key stone is a dick
>>
>>27764090
But why would she only mention mega evolution?
She didn't mention Fairy types or Dark, or Steel types.
She didn't mention how some pokemon don't evolve in that other dimension, like Scyther into Scizor.
She specifically mentioned Megas.
They intentionally created another timeline because they plan on visiting it.
There is no other reason for them to have created it.
>>
>>27765189
You're dumb but gen 1 and gen 2 are the same dimension. This is proved by the time machine in GSC. No one could find a metal coat in Kanto. That's why Scyther couldn't evolve initially.

She mentions Megas because.....the fucking plot of the Delta Episode was about stealing mega stones and mega evolving Rayquaza. It's clearly alluding to the universe that houses RSE where Rayquaza couldn't mega evolve.
>>
>>27768096
This
>>
>>27758633
>It's exclusive except when it's not!
>>
>>27758955
They did not remove the type chart.
>>
>>27758955
They had to do that or Aegislash would've been nigh invincible.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.