[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question vp. Do genwunners know anything about Gen 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Question vp. Do genwunners know anything about Gen 2?
>>
Only the cool things like Scizor. Possibly Wobbuffet from the anime.
>>
>>27755459
That it's not as good as Gen 1, obviously.
>>
>>27755479
Every Gen except 6 is better than 2.
>>
i dunno how it is across the pond, but around here, the pokemania lasted until well after they started revealing Gen2 pokes, and many that would be considered "genwunners" today did try gold and silver
>>
>>27755504
Implying any gen is better then 2
>>
>>27755459
They know togepi but they probably think it is gen 1
>>
>>27755459
Depends.

If they were like my sister (only considered it a fad, stopped playing/liking Pokemon once others considered it not cool anymore), then no, they don't.

If they're like me/my friends, who had RBY as their first game and have been playing since, then no shit Sherlock.
>>
>>27755459
They don't know anything about pokemon, let alone gen 2 or hell even the gen they claim to "love" so much.
>>
They might get confused by things (like how to get Politoed, Octillery evolves from Remoraid, shit like that) but in my experience, genwunners jumped ship after Johto. So they should know plenty of things, but their memories are foggy.
>>
>>27755459
genwunner here
gen 2 is actually good. there are even less fails than gen 1 itself (Mr. Mime, Jynx...)
>>
>>27755459

Some of them remember second generation Pokémon.

Fun fact: there was originally 190 Pokémon in first generation of Pokémon.
>>
>>27755459
Pokemania was still strong and people were hyped for the new Pokemon. So maybe.

>>27756578
But mostly this.
>>
>>27755504
Gen 2 is still the worse gen. 6 is third place tbqh.
>>
>>27755459
I've played the first pokemon game 10 years after it came out when I was like 7-8 and the second gen is the one that holds all the nostalgia for me
>awesome new features like day care
>baby pokemon
>weird eeveelutions
>two fucking regions so you remain fairly familiar with the last gen
>eternally long adventure for a kid
>beautiful music and nice in-game events like the bug contest
>Dragon champion for the edgy pre-teens

I think gen 2 is the best of them all specially for the balance of the transition from kanto to johto and johto to kanto. Smooth as fuck. This made me really happy as a kid.

Of course new gens have a lot more things now and better things but I believe the people who made silver and gold really loved these games. You can really see the love in the work they did and that's great.

I think this was the gen that gave free pass to eternal new pokemon gens. If it had failed, pokemon wouldn't exist but it really succeded and alola gives me a similar feeling but let's play it and see
>>
>>27755459
Here is a clear example of the answer (NO)..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ta38iHmOpg

She doesn't recognize anything that wasn't used in product placement in the 90s or in the first season anime.
>>
File: 1470093934207.gif (396KB, 315x223px) Image search: [Google]
1470093934207.gif
396KB, 315x223px
>>27759035
M-more?
>>
>>27755504
T. Hoennbaby
>>
>>27756485
>then
i find it hard to believe you're old enough to have played gen2 upon release

>>27756578
>>27756614
I think i once heard a guy call Ho-oh Gen1 because it was in the first episode

>>27756985
yeah, but the 49 extra were cut because of lack of space

>>27759133
that's quite a stretch
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.