[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How exactly will island trials work? You find a few items in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 285.gif (104KB, 537x336px) Image search: [Google]
285.gif
104KB, 537x336px
How exactly will island trials work? You find a few items in the trial site, play a memory game, or whatever they have you do, then fight a totem Pokemon, THEN fight the Captain of the trial?
>>
I thought that the totem Pokemon came AFTER the Trial Captain? I'm guessing pretty much along the lines of what you said, they'll be gym puzzles essentially but bigger. Just imagine they condensed two gyms into one for each Island Trial, and after you beat the Trial Captain you get an opportunity to catch the local Totem Pokemon. Also beating an Island Trial is probably needed to unlock the Island Deity Pokemon on that island, like beating the captain or the Totem Pokemon makes it take notice of you and then starts roaming or hides somewhere on the island for you.

We won't know for sure until the games are out though.
>>
>>27754279
>>27754490

From what i understand its: do stuff for the trial captain (fetch quests etc), battle the totem, once you have all trials done on the island you battle Kahuna

We dont battle the captains, just Totems + Kahuna
>>
File: kiawe.png (2MB, 1323x669px) Image search: [Google]
kiawe.png
2MB, 1323x669px
>>27754537
>We dont battle the captains
Yeah I'm calling bullshit on that. They have type specialties for a reason.

Also, pic related
>>
>>27754635
They have type specialities because they guard the Pokemon totem of a certain type
>>
>>27754647

Gumshoos is a Totem Pokemon, but the Captains we currently know of specialize in Water, Grass, Electric, and Fire-types
>>
>>27754863
Which shows there are more than 4 Captains.
>>
>>27754279
We don't know yet. All we can do is speculate.
>>
>>27754537
Its pretty likely we'll be battling at least some of the captains, most likely all.

The website specifically mentions our trials "will not be LIMITED to battles", emphasis mine
>>
>>27755134
>"will not be LIMITED to battles"

It says "will not be limited to battles with Pokemon" and since totems are part of trials then that might mean there's no captain battles
>>
>>27755158
It could also mean that we face other trials OTHER than facing the Trial Captains in battle.
>>
>>27755158
You might be right. I still think we're going to be battling the captains, otherwise we're in for a lot of totem fights.
>>
>>27755223
Since there's few captains per island its even more obvious we wont be battling them but we'll see.

I think GF goes even deeper into making the games easier and thats just one of the aspects
>>
>>27754279
so no gyms? guess the only other valid reason for me to get the game is for the sake of inter acting with the gangsta team
>>
im assuming the games, despite stating "no gyms" will still have a very gym-esque method of working

for example: 4 Trial captains, 4 Kahunas, it's still 8 battles you HAVE to do in order to progress
>>
>>27754537
But this is wrong? We already know battling is a part of the Captain Trials.
>>
Whole lotta conjecture in this thread, but I'm gonna lean towards battles with the trial captains because giving them teams doesn't require a lot of work and people would complain if it isn't included
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.