[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragonite and Zubat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: DragoniteSM.png (238KB, 1903x903px) Image search: [Google]
DragoniteSM.png
238KB, 1903x903px
So did we ever figure out why Dragonite and Zubat are alongside all the new Pokemon on the Japanese Sun/Moon website?
>>
>>27752061
The odd part is that is a fully evolved pokemon and a nfe one
>>
>>27752061
Because they are going to be catchable in Sun and Moon. They're telling us that these two Pokemon are available in game as they are, no Alolan forms.
>>
>>27752158
This
If it was Dratini and Zubat, it would make sense. That just means they are going to be obtainable in the wild. But one is Dragonite and the other is Zubat.
-Possible that there's Alolan Zubat, golbat, and crobat, but only Alolan Dragonite.
>>
the only things they have in common are that they are flying type, gen 1, and have the same exact wings
>>
>>27752268
shit. I wish I never noticed the wings I hate you
>>
>>27752268
>Alolan Zubat evolve into Alolan Dragonite
>We finally get Caterpie into Venomoth etc after everyone and their grandmother noticed how similar some separate lines of Pokemon were
>>
>>27752187
I seriously doubt that's the case. Why aren't Exeggcute, Pikachu and Cubone on the site, despite being catchable in the region and having no Alolan forms?

And as >>27752158 >>27752220 said, the weirdest part is that one is a first stage Pokemon and the other is fully evolved.
>>
>>27752061
I have no fucking idea because Dragonite has been seen normally in two trailers, and zubat and golbat both have seen normally too.
>>
File: image.png (639KB, 1318x776px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
639KB, 1318x776px
>>27752450
>and dragonairgets a new evolution!
I wish
>>
>>27752503
i hate it
>>
SHIKAKA!
>>
>>27752268
Inner Focus
>>
>>27752061
Their behaviors may be different depending on the version? Their pages seem to include paragraphs on both Sun and Moon. Also, we've seen Zubat in the wild without an Alola Form and Dragonite has been seen in its classic Kanto form in trailers as well.
>>
>>27752482
The best theory I've seen is that both Alolan and regular versions of each will be available in game, presumably on different islands.
>>
>>27752579
That could be it. We might have Zubat showing up more commonly outside in Moon version, and lurking in caves in Sun, though it doesn't make much sense for Dragonite to be the opposite there.
>>
On the Japanese page they say that we must check the Sun & Moon Pokedex entries for these Pokemon, but I didn't manage to translate them.
>>
>>27752522
>tfw there will never be an Ace Ventura inspired Pokemon
>>
>>27752450
>Alolan Zubat evolve into Alolan Dragonite

Whada fuck u say
>>
>>27752461
Their Pokedex entries on the JP site seem to indicate that they are available. Outside that we've seen two Team Skull members use Zubat and Golbat, we know they are catch able.

Dragonite's dex says something about an island full of them and is pretty much tied to Alola instead of general like it was before.

As for why the other three aren't listed, they probably didn't want to list them. We know Pikachu is catch able since Hau has a Pichu and Kiawi's Marowak hints that Cubone is catchable. Since those three have representation through their evolutions, they probably didn't feel the need to include them.

The title above Dragonite and Zubat is "Pokemon that have been found so far." So these are the first they decided to show us are available in Alola without having an Alolan Variant form.

The non-sunmoon jp pokemon site's news block for Zubat and Dragonite says:
To "Pokemon Sun Moon" , also appeared Kairyu and Zubatto!

(Good god that translation butchering.)

From what I can make out of the statement:
『ポケモン サン・ムーン』に、あのカイリューとズバットも登場!

"In Pokemon Sun and Moon, Dragonite and Zubat also appear!"

I'm a complete amateur at this and using a translation dictionary and Google. Didn't know where to place the "in" cause it stood out but was really out of place appearing after Pokemon Sun Moon. The "in" also translated to "to" just like it did above, but I had another word added in "that". So it read In Pokemon Sun Moon, that Dragonite and Zubat also appeared!

Every translation I tried makes it sound as if they are saying that Dragonite and Zubat are available in Alola. Since they are being used separate from Alolan Variants, they appear normally (and we've seen trainers using normal Zubat and Golbat). Dragonite is an oddity since it's being paired with Zubat, but these were the two they chose. They have what ever reason they have for using these two.
>>
>>27752917
Good effort anon. I'm willing to bet that both normal and Alolan form Zubats (and its evolution line) and Dragonites are able to be found in the game, as >>27752585 said with the different forms being on different islands.
>>
>>27752585
Wouldn't the normal form also being available kind of ruin the point of there being /Alolan/ forms though?

Unless the normal one is in a Safari Zone... But that's about it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.