[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions of Gen 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: 1471031279332.jpg (818KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1471031279332.jpg
818KB, 2592x1944px
What do you guys think of the Black and White games and their Pokémon?
>>
>>27739189
Gen 5 is the peak of the franchise. Absolutely perfect Pokemon experience. And this is coming from someone who's played since the beginning and loves every Gen.
>>
Best gen. Awesome music. Decent challenge. Good aftergame. Introduced Hydreigon. Best story of any Pokémon game.
>>
>>27739189
Pretty OK desu. Not my favorite.
>>
>>27739189
Something about the games just felt off to me, as if they lost a bit of their soul.
>>
File: 1460062146789.jpg (913KB, 900x695px) Image search: [Google]
1460062146789.jpg
913KB, 900x695px
>>27739189
They're really good. They have their flaws like any game, but overall they're my favourites in the series.
>>
I agree. Even Pokémon like Trubbish are fairly inventive when you think about it.
>>
>>27739314
>as if they lost a bit of their soul
>most emotionally impactful gen
>>
>>27739189
Gen 5 is the valley of the franchise. Absolutely worst Pokemon experience. And this is coming from someone who's played since the beginning and loves every other Gen.
>>
>>27739282
I'll agree, same experience and general love for the series. /vp/ loves to either jerk things off or refuse to acknowledge something even exists and Gen5 is no exception, but I genuinely think it's among the best Pokemon games available. It's after all the clunkiness that came with the earlier generations but is just before casualisation set too far in. The Ghetsis fight at the end of BW is genuinely tough.
>>
Very forgettable, bland design both in terms of region and Pokemon on the whole. Poor story, railroad ed experience. Very little promotion of exploration.

Definitely a low point of the franchise.
>>
>>27739189
Games are good. BW2 for me is the most complete game in the series.

The pokémon are hit or miss, but if I can make a team I'm fine.
>>
>>27739326
It felt forced and awkward, not impactful.
>>
>>27739189
I'd say what
>>27739282
said.
They are the best. The very best. Like no one ever was.
>>
>>27739331
>has to meme to prove a point
Opinion disregarded.

>>27739343
>bland design both in terms of region and Pokemon
Yet the region is the most unique yet and the Pokemon designs seem to never be forgotten

>Poor story
You must hate every other Gens story then, considering they're even more shallow

>Very little promotion of exploration
Wait have you actually never played these games?

>>27739362
>It felt forced and awkward
That might just be your autism, because it really doesn't. How would you have done it better?
>>
Thanks for all the replies. Cool to hear the different opinions
>>
>>27739383
I wouldn't have. There was no need to tackle an issue that had been handled just fine in the prior 4 generations.
>>
>>27739189
Easily the best gen so far. BW has been my favorite Pokemon experience yet.
>>
way too ambitious artstyle for the ds. also animations look bad.
>>
>>27739414
>There was no need to tackle an issue that had been handled just fine in the prior 4 generations.
Gen 1 had the most forced story of them all. Gen 2 didn't have one. Gen 3's didn't make any logical sense. Gen 4's was just as retarded. Gen 5's was the only one that made sense/had a purpose.
>>
Really good games, only problem I had with them was that they had almost just as many pokemon designs I personally don't like.
>>
I like the pokemon.
Easily the best when it comes to content in my opinion.

...I miss join avenue and funfest missions...wild double battles...audino murdering.
>>
Best gen, especially B2/W2. Tons of great-looking Pokemon and lots of places to fight high-level opponents.
>>
>>27739431
Gen 5's story was as bad as a terrible fanfiction.
>Free ur Pokémon guise! It's for the greater good!
>Lol jk imma just take over the world
>Wow ur Pokémon like u I was wrong about everything :O
>>
>>27739282
>best waifus
>best designs since gen 1, easily, some even better
>best music
>only pokemon games with a hard mode
>PWT was the best postgame gimmick

There's really no contest

5 > 4 (sinnoh sucked dick but the mechanical changes and HGSS saved it) > 2 > 1 > 3 > 6

I'm still hopeful for 7 though. It seems like they're putting more attention into even the little details of each new pokemon in a way they haven't done since gen 1.
>>
File: 1471032561829.jpg (680KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1471032561829.jpg
680KB, 2592x1944px
And your thoughts on the starters?
>>
>>27739326
Honestly X&Y were more impactful and we all know how bad those were. Black and White tried too hard to get to you and ended up overshooting to the point where it just felt out of place in a game about magical animals. X&Y tried too hard in some ways as well, but at least AZ's story was touching.
>>
>>27739550
Not the best, but not as bad as they're made out to be.

Serperior would be great if its movepool wasn't so terrible.
>>
File: 1459263567110.png (218KB, 660x500px) Image search: [Google]
1459263567110.png
218KB, 660x500px
>>27739563
>but at least AZ's story was touching
>>
>>27739526
Nobody's taking you seriously.

>>27739550
Tied with Gen 4 for the best.

>>27739563
>at least AZ's story was touching.
Oh yeah I'm sure you sympathized with a random giant retard with sad background music more than a manipulated abused boy who has a character progression of two game.
>>
I liked BW main story a lot more than BW2

BW2 had world tournament though
>>
>>27739550
Literally the only bad things about gen 5. Snivy line was redeemed by HA and later movepool additions, it was always aesthetically the best looking but gameplay wise the most annoying to use ingame.

Oshawott could have been good if they just gave him a good final evolution, still pissed over samurott because I loved Dewott. The pig was just shit, generic in every way and really boring.

But there are so many new good designs that gen 5 is probably the best gen for starter boxing anyways.
>>
>>27739189

It was the first pokemon game since 2 where the story didn't just feel like i was going through the motions.

And I'm conflicted about the pokemon themselves. I love most of them, but idk if being forced to use only new pokemon was a wise choice.

That being said, I prefered BW1, and I don't get the praise for BW2, it seemed way less impressive to me.
>>
>>27739189
I love like a third of the Pokémon in it and don't hate most of the rest

but it's still my lest favorite game because of the sad attempt at a "deep" story and the awful wild battle music and low-health loop
>>
File: 1470932963648.jpg (445KB, 608x693px) Image search: [Google]
1470932963648.jpg
445KB, 608x693px
>>27739750
BW2's strength was its postgame, and some really good fights like Ghetsis 2.0 and Colress.
>>
I played through a fan translation of White while waiting for the English release and I really didn't enjoy it, and when I played black I had the same feeling. But, I recently restarted my game and have been playing through it and realized how fucking great it is. I've been having trouble with which Pokemon to use because most of Gen V's mons are absolutely great. I'm at Drayden right now and here's my team:
Stoutland L39
Throh L39
Siglyph L39
Zebstrika L40
Jellicent L40
Was using a Sawsbuck, but I decided I needed a fire type so I went and got the Larvesta egg and hopefully get a Volcarona before the Ghestis fight.
>>
Nice team
>>
>>27739383
>but most unique
>pokemon are unforgettable!
Both are baseless, and both amount only to insubstantial praises even if they were founded to begin with.
>>
The best entry in the series.
>>
>>27739431
>Gen 1 had the most forced story of them all.
It was bare bones. How could it be forced?
>>
>>27739550
I've loved Gen V from day one but those starters are garbage.
>>
Easily the best games in the series.
>>
>>27739550
Still mad about Fire/Fighting
>>
Boring and Unova is shit
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.