[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convince me to get a Nintendo 3DS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: Nintendo_New3DS_Open_.jpg (61KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo_New3DS_Open_.jpg
61KB, 1000x1000px
Are they worth it /vp/ ?
Recently been playing Pokemon GO and it's gotten me all flustered again about the pokemon franchise.

Currently I have a DS lite with a R4 Card so I have been rinsing pokemon Heart Gold, but I have played it through so many times now since it came out so I have been looking for something new from pokemon.

Are the X & Y games any good ?
Where would you rank them in the Pokemon game franchise?
>>
Don't play 6th gen they suck. Just wait for the bundle that will come with pokemon sun and moon and if you don't want one of those just sell it.
>>
>>27735634
>Don't play 6th gen they suck

Oh, why ?
>>
X/Y stink. OR/AS are really good though.

If you get a 3DS, be sure to mod it. Best decision one can possibly make. As long as it isn't on 11.0.0.
>>
XY is an underdeveloped game released just so Ninty could meet with their yearly Pokémon Maingame/Remake yearly quota. Most of its new features, while innovative lack depth.
>>
>>27735652
XY is literally unfinished and ORAS has no post game.
>>
If anything, you should get OR/AS, but it's just a remake. If I was you, I'd preorder S/M. Again, OR/AS is a game with not much worth besides all the legendaries you can get from it, if you're interested in filling the dex in S/M.
>>
I bought a 3ds recently (like a month ago) just to play Pokemon. I hacked it and downloaded them. The Gen 6 games suck. They're way too easy. I haven't even finished playing Omega Ruby because it's too braindead. However now I am playing a romhack, Star Sapphire, which is incredibly difficult and fun. You can buy a n3DS if you want but only if you really like nintendo games and hack your 3ds will I say it's worth it.
>>
>>27735634
To add to that:

You can also buy other games and a n3ds, if I had to recommend I would say:

-The binding of Isaac
-Fire emblem: Fates/awakening
-Monster Hunter gen

With just one of those 3 you can easily spend 40 hours (or ~100 hours if you play Isaac seriously).

I would also recommend that you checkout pokemon mystery dungeon, but I really don't know how good they are since I haven't play them.
>>
>>27735623
Although the XY games are pretty weak, as everyone's saying, they're not terrible, it's just obvious they cut corners. And as everyone's said, ORAS is a better game overall.

Still, I wouldn't necessarily discourage playing XY, they're just among the weaker games in the franchise. If you're coming from Pokemon Go and returning to the series, XY might actually be a good start, as it takes baby steps near the beginning and includes a lot of familiar features from the original games, both in tropes and available Pokemon. /vp/ tends to get a little worked up over how much they hate the game though, so maybe take what we say about it, both good and bad, with a pinch of salt.

A personal recommendation is Black/White and eventually Black2/White2 if you're just looking for a new Pokemon game to play.
>>
>>27735685
Seconded. Almost no new pokémon, really sketchy features, and had a lot of bugs after being released, even the kind of shit that would erase your entire save file (later fixed).
>>
>>27735716
Yeah, that's right now that I think about it. X/Y is pretty good for beginners.
>>
A 2DS is cheaper and can run about all the current games. Sturdier too, I can look at both screens at once and not be afraid of accidentally breaking it while holding it.

And for the love of Arceus, get Pokemon Bank.
>>
>>27735816
>get Pokemon Bank
Fuck off shill
>>
>>27735816
>Get Bank
>When there is currently easy hbl access for phbank/save editing
?
>>
>>27735623
buy a used new3DS and install homebrew or a custom firmware on it. There are plenty of guides on the internet. Whether you pirate the games or buy them legally is your call, I won't tell you what to do, but regardless, if you have a homebrewed/modded 3DS you can play the X/Y and OR/AS romhacks that people have made, they offer a way better challenge than the vanilla games. You can also hack to run the games at full speed using the extra power of the new3DS. So if you have some spare money I'd say go for it and sell your old ones to make up some of the money. It's what I did
>>
pokemonGO has put me back into pokemon as well. i'm playing through White 2 on an emulator and having a blast. first pokemon game i've played in like 10 years.

i'd get a 3ds but not being able to move any of my pokemon over kinda ruins it for me.
>>
>>27735623
Idk if this is the right thread for it, but fuck it. I got MH4U and I just hated the Gameplay and could not get into it. Would it play better on a NN3DS? I just have a 3DSXL.
>>
>>27736011
Were you having trouble with the camera? It's alright on the new N3DS, but I can imagine how fucking awful the camera issues would be without the right thumbstick.
>>
>>27736045
Yes I was actually. Does the right thumbstick fix that issue?
>>
>>27735835
>Shill
>When I could have told him to get a 3DS XL instead of the cheaper 2DS.

Do you think marketing actually cares about this rotting corner of the net?
>>
>>27735623
>Are the X & Y games any good ?
Unfinished, I'm playing through Y atm after buying a new 3ds Xl waiting for moon to drop and I'd give it a 6/10.

>tfw you got Y because they didn't have any X
>need a strong water type that learns thunder and scald to round out my lineup
>fucking starmie is in X
>prefer the fairy type legendary aesthetically
>>
File: FXSorT0.jpg (34KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
FXSorT0.jpg
34KB, 400x398px
>>2773601
Playing Monhun on a standard 3DS is impossible unless you want to get arthritis by clawing
>>
>>27736070
I mean, it's the difference between having full camera rotation and just an awful lock on. The right thumbstick on the N3DS isn't fantastic, they really could have done with making it a genuine one rather than some half-assed bastard attempt, but it's serviceable for general camera rotation, and I can imagine how painful MH would be to play without it. I can't imagine using it for anything that requires more than that though. It's not sensitive or comfortable enough to use for extended periods of time though, so as I said, a game that requires it more heavily would really struggle (any kind of shooter game for example which would require that stick to aim).

I haven't played in a while but I think you can use it for the guns in MH while still moving with the left trigger, but that might be my memory fucking with me. It's okay I guess, but as I said, not sensitive or easy to use enough, so it's a good thing the monsters are enormous.
>>
>>27736132
>tfw was going to buy a 3ds xl bundle on the nintendo store with x
>come back after payday to buy it
>x sold out
>y sold out
>alpha sapphire sold out
>omega ruby sold out
>only blue 3ds xl available
I guess it's back to emulators then
>>
>>27736011
monster hunter his just a shitty game in general. i have three different ones (all games my friends swore to me would be great and that we'd play together) and they're all pretty much shit. Who fucking creates a level system with no levels save your weapon level. Also these games usually die out within four months of people reaching the post game.
>>
X/Y are ok. They're not terrible but not as good as HG/SS.

The third gen remakes are much better. They bring back contests, secret bases, and new mega evolutions that X/Y don't have access to. ORAS postgame is a lot more satisfying than X/Y's postgame.

By the way the new 3DS XL is awesome. I recommend it. The large screen makes the game more immersive, and it's a lot faster when downloading and loading up games.

If you're having trouble finding friends to battle or trade with, join a Pokemon group on Facebook. People exchange friend codes all the time.

If you're used to just playing GO and HeartGold, I think you'll really appreciate the latest Pokemon games.
>>
File: 1462923290665.png (394KB, 600x600px)
1462923290665.png
394KB, 600x600px
Hey OP, what do you actually play Pokemon games for?

If you enjoy
>Sense of Adventure, New Story
XY is your go-to. BW is better for this imo, but all of the online features don't work anymore so you can't battle / trade with friends, which is a bit of a downer, and there are quite a few quality of life upgrades that XY have that make them more enjoyable to play through. But if you are really just in it for the single player "beat the gym leaders fight the Elite Four" game and not much else, BW are very strong options, and have sequels B2W2 if you want more. Plus, you can just play those on your DSlite.

>Competitive Play, Catching Them All, Extra Content
ORAS is the way to go. Secret Bases and Pokemon Contests, more Megas, more Pokemon available (Legendary and Otherwise). Competitive clearly doesn't mean much to you so I won't list what it has for that. But, it's a remake, so if you already played Ruby/Sapphire, there is a degree to which much of this game up until the very end is "Been there, Done That".

Honestly though, SM look like they're going to blow XY/ORAS out of the water so you might be best off waiting for those. It's only like three months.

Regardless, 3DS has a ton of cool games. Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is one of the best Zelda games in years, Animal Crossing: New Leaf is the best in the franchise, Fire Emblem is cool, Etrian Odyssey series, Smash Bros., lots of fun smaller games on the eShop (Boxboy, Pushmo, etc.). Plus, there's a $150 bundle for a n3DS with Mario 3D Land (which is a decent game in it's own right but not fantastic). I've found my purchase well worth it.
>>
>>27737437
The shame is that Unova and BW1 are so off putting to people coming back. I'm a casual player, I admit that, and I tried to get into it but I found it so jarring. It doesn't help that Unova is quite ugly and there is a lack of familiar pokemon, until post game anyway.
>>
>>27736153
That image is fucking retarded. You rarely ever need to use the camera control since you're spamming L to activate the soft lock on and when you do need to use it, you use your right thumb like you would on a N3DS.
>>
>>27736181
Is the Nintendo Store the only place you can purchase a 3DS or something?
>>
>>27735623
Skip and come back to XY, Buy ORAS and Preorder SuMo
>>
>>27738060
They had the best value of buying a new dsxl with X mainly cause X and y are so expensive now on amazon and other sites.
>>
>>27735623
3DS is a phenomenal system, but that's despite the 6th gen of Pokemon, not because of it. It has lots of good, big-name games and you can download games from the past you missed out on. Plus it is the best system for Pokemon fans, as you can play the 1st gen, 2nd gen remakes, 3rd gen remakes, and the 4th-7th gens all on the same system.
>>
>>27735623
Buy 3DS. Hope that it's not on firmware 11.0. Mod it, CFW'd it, install freeShop and you have all the 3DS games you can downlaod for free. The amount of games you can get depends on the size of you SD card. You can play both XY and ORAS
>>
>>27739662

10/10 advice
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.