[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Potential Pokken Pokemon / Speculation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 20

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D03tl46LwOk]
[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB_2qwAZ2P0]

Okay, we've seen Darkrai, and so far he looks fucking sick...I think? I can't actually tell precisely what the fuck his deal is. Nightmare TV Ghost Monster? Evil Dream Wizard? Extra Spicy Gengar?

Anyway, who else would you want to see in the (assumed to be) 3 remaining slots?

Mine are:
Heracross
Swampert
Hitmontop

Bonus: How do they think they would play?

Double Bonus: What features would they fucking change for the better?
>>
>>27727528

Meinshao fights using its whips, which can extend surprisingly far, it's a Technique Fighter, designed to poke and slap around the opponent. In it's mega form it shifts to a completely new stance where it sways back and forth.

Scrafty fights like a fucking punk, even dirtier than Weavile. It's a power fighter. It's main strategy is to stun the opponent with some cheap, underhanded shit and then wrecking them with some crazy flashy over the top kicks and headbutts.

In his super mode he puts on his hoodie and gets funkier/spazzier

Pinsir is a mother fucking grappling machine. Also suddenly can fly in his mega.
>>
File: scrafty_by_pockyy-d6zd43q.png (569KB, 645x645px) Image search: [Google]
scrafty_by_pockyy-d6zd43q.png
569KB, 645x645px
>>27727705

>Scrafty

fuck yes
>>
File: 182Bellossom.png (138KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
182Bellossom.png
138KB, 431x431px
Assists

>Bellossom

>Vivillion

Bellossom is enhance, uses sweet scent, where it dances around and gives out a buff that boosts a moderate amount of synergy and removes debuffs, but that's it

Vivillion is disrupt, and uses whirlwind to for a second or two consistently push opponents backwards (into a barrier at the edge of the screen for example)
>>
>Alola Alakhazam (fighting type)
>Regirock
>Hitmontop
>>
>>27727705

for some reason I imagine Pinsir constantly trying to get in but having a lot of weird ways of doing it - like some weird U-turn style attack, maybe he do a crouching move where he lunges at the opponent lying down with his pinsirs, obviously some kind of rush grab
>>
> new stages

Luminose City: big oval
Spear Pillar: large circle
Kahuna Arena: small circle

Which Alolan pokemon thusfar would you put in Pokken?

>Tapu Koko, fights like a weird tiki knight with new Vikavolt and Drampa supports (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE2NJjuQc3A)
>>
File: rowlett-182555.png (147KB, 655x380px) Image search: [Google]
rowlett-182555.png
147KB, 655x380px
>>27727528

this lil nigga is a (disrupt) area trap: when you step on him a huge white fist shoots out of his innards and fucks you up

Rowlett also a disrupt, creates leafage, three little leaf feathers float down from the sky in a weird swaying manner - if you're hit by one you take small damage and are slowed down

Rowlett has a super fucking adorable little turnaround motion when you call on him
>>
>>27728307

oops meant to post this pic
>>
>>27727528

i wanna play as a goddamn bird

add a real bird like Pidgeot or something
>>
Pokken Dhalsim
>>
File: 1465157003437.jpg (105KB, 1237x1237px) Image search: [Google]
1465157003437.jpg
105KB, 1237x1237px
>>27727528
>Scizor
Id like Scizor playing like a speedy, semi light hitter, with good HP. He plays kind of like Dictator on SFV: approaches you very aggresively, can space you well, "xtreme speed" to jump right infront of you and hit you.
Burst attack, he turns into Mega Scizor, if it lands, screen turns black, he surrounds you with double team and used his chainsaw claws like SFV Scizor

>Hitmontop
Literally Eddy from Tekken: hits dont do much, but you can string attacks for a long time. I dont know for burst

>Pic Related
Fucking strong, fast, low HP.
Fast attscker that does a lot of demage, ends of combos have significant cool down. Very high risk, high reward.
Burst mode, he goes Berskerk, eyes go white, fire eyebrows go insane. Burst attack, he grabs the opponent and swing wildly, throws into the air, and fire uppercut punches them as they fall. In the ending animation, they fall vertically from the sky
bonus: after Burst, he turns into Zen forme for the rest of round, his moveset changes into one similar to Gardevoir, and slow

I think we need a Grappling character for the game, and Id like a gen7 pokemon. Maybe Beaware (or whatever his name is) could work.
Lot of HP, slowest mon, almost as stronk as Machamp. Plays like Zangieff in SFIV/V, even with the lariat.
His moveset consists on quite heavy attacks, or jabs that can connect into a grabs. For he has a "ranged" attack would be growl, it has a relatively short range, but when it lands, it debuffs the opponent and stunds it.
Id like if its burst form was super silly, and they made it look pissed, and made it look muscular, like give it a lot of body deffinition.
Burst attack is also silly, it hugs the opponent and hearts fly behind them, then a his eyes get angry, a cracking sound happens, the hearts break and the opposing mon grimaces. (He broke their back)

I like this guy's >>27727705
Scrafty a lot, using sand attack and shit.

Mienshao plays very similar to SFIV'S Rose
>>
File: 1902688-hitmontop_anime.png (157KB, 342x192px) Image search: [Google]
1902688-hitmontop_anime.png
157KB, 342x192px
>>27728454

Hitmontop should have a gimmicky/situational rapid spin move to get rid of disruptions or projectiles or traps and shit like that

Hitmontop's burst should be on the fast side, but it also runs out fast too, for it he goes into permanent spinning on his head mode, and all his attacks do extra chip damage out the ass

burst attack should be some kind of crazy pinballs's the enemy around the stage and then lands on them
>>
>>27728454

>dat chainsaw burst attack

oh fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oniOmDo_K0s
>>
File: bear-770x562.png (159KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
bear-770x562.png
159KB, 770x562px
>>27728454

murder hug best grab
>>
>>27727705

>>that scrafty idea

this is what I always wanted
>>
> Meinshao = SFIV Rose + Gen

it just fuckin works so well holy shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkJoZ_-u71c
>>
File: 1469232203838.png (69KB, 450x432px) Image search: [Google]
1469232203838.png
69KB, 450x432px
how the fuck have they not added greninja yet???? i dont fucking care if sceptile is kindof a ninja too come on

also this motherfucker as a fighter, somebody figure it out
>>
>>27728379
Fearow.
Pretty speedy, moderately heavy hitter with low HP. Fearow is super-mobile, lots of its attacks send it flying across the stage, it is up to you whether to dive into the other guy, or use them to reposition. Fearow is very good at harassing slow moving pokemon, and can get uncomfortably close to those who rely on ranged play. It is also good at punishing mistakes.
However, Fearow is a hit-and-runner. If it goes toe-to-toe with something, it probably dies. It also lacks good ranged attacks itself, meaning it has trouble with other fast attackers. Fearow also requires good prediction in order to dive in the correct directions.

Burst, I have no idea. It gets red and angry seems workable. Burst attack is, of course, the super finishing move, Giga Drill Beak.
>>
Team Skull Hideout stage with the team skull theme playing, a bunch of wiggers/gangsters are hooting and hollering around you lots of dark pokemon brooding/watching the fight
>>
>>27728706

>stabby stabby fearow drill rushing the shit out of people

down low drill rush
up high drill rush
drill rush
brave bird
u turn

oh baby me likey

also:

Porygon-Z = enhance, uses some weird form trick room

gives you the speed buff and decreases your opponent's speed, no damage though
>>
>> better ideas than the team working on pokken is even considering working on

keep dreamin kids
>>
how the fuck did they expect this community to foster when they won't even implement a fucking friend's list or something

no wonder this game is so dead, the game does everything in it's power to avoid maintaining a consistent community within its boundaries

literally any kind of social feature besides the fucking rooms (lol) would be a huge blessing for this game
>>
>NX Pokken maybe?

I'd play the shit out of a handheld pokken
>>
File: 18-Nash-Critical-Art-HUD-ON.jpg (368KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
18-Nash-Critical-Art-HUD-ON.jpg
368KB, 1920x1080px
>>27728447
how about close combat, girly Breeloom? Make her like Mila from DoA

>>27728536
>gimmicky/situational rapid spin move to get rid of disruptions
How about his charge attack goes through all disruptions, has invinsibility, if blocked chips, but heavily punishable?
I'd like his burst attack to be like that, like it bounces all over the place and hits the enemy. The final attack is slow motion, he jumps and with the speed, kicks the opponent in the face, sending them to fly away.

>>27728566
Lets be honest, stealthy chainsaw murder attack scizor would be top tier.
http://youtu.be/7x3zQ6sfdiw

>>27728599
Dubs confirm best grab
>>
>>27728701

telepathic throws

will sometimes whip his tail out and smack you with it

can yawn to make his opponents slow, maybe has an ability that regenerates health or adds defense

bubbles and ice beams or maybe a goofy looking surf a la lapras
>>
>>27728870

re: hitmontop

yeah all his hold X+ A counters could involve him spinning in some way and are really strong/durable

rapid spin could make him dizzy or something

maybe he's actually speed type
>>
File: a-marowak.png (118KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
a-marowak.png
118KB, 500x500px
Give me Alolan Marowak and a bug, probably either Heracross or Leavanny although I'd personally like to see something crazy in movement like Galvantula
Also a crazy long delayed Regigigas/Slaking assist
>>
File: alola_raichu.png (135KB, 378x211px) Image search: [Google]
alola_raichu.png
135KB, 378x211px
speed type

fuck you fight me put him in
>>
>>27728969
>>27727528

>Heracross

No gods, no kings

ONLY BUGS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuGmp0vvQu4
>>
Metagross.
Metagross is a super-slow, super high HP fuckmachine with passable ranged options to boot.

Metagross doesn't do "fast", it has a terrible approach, and its most damaging moves risk knocking the enemy out of its happy place. Still, while in that happy place, Metagross bites off meaty chunks of HP, and the big guns, Meteor Mash and Hammer Arm, are the sorts of moves that entire combos are dedicated to landing successfully.

From afar, Metagross has very workable psychic attacks. I see something like a projectile-Zen Headbutt in that sexy "X" shape as its basic projectile, but it also gets cool shit like Flash Cannon. It also can fire off Hyper Beams, but those have more ending lag than Mewtwo's, so aren't exactly spammable.

Metagross excels against slow pokemon, and melee-focused Pokemon. Metagross can tank projectile spam fairly well, but if they are fast it might have a tough time ever catching up. I see its best matchups being against things like Machamp, who it could rival in melee, and have a bit of ranged to boot, and Gardevoir, who's projectiles it can eat for days while Gardevoir has trouble escaping the slowly encroaching doom. Its worst are things like Braixen, who can shoot it, then run away like the famous mongols of yore, and and Gengar, who can fuck with Metagross just out of its effective range for days. Fun matchups would be with things like Weavile, who gets to play a fun game of danger as it whittles Metagross down while avoiding getting splatted by the heaviest attacks, or Pikachu for similar reasons.

Burst: Mega Metagross, which mainly buffs its movement speed and the distances it can close to get there. Also, it can attack backwards like this, which is yay, I guess.
Burst Attack: Something like a Draco Meteor, except Metagross is the meteor, burning up on re-entry.

Or maybe this for a Burst. Or maybe just a win animation. I can dream.
>>27706306
>>
>>27729004

jesus christ this made me hard just thinking about it

my 3 are
Scrafty
Metagross
Lopunny
>>
>>27729004

oh HELL yes, more anon more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I6k6avbW4g
>>
File: YfBtr6wGjhKa7g8taAZ44Y-970-80.jpg (150KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
YfBtr6wGjhKa7g8taAZ44Y-970-80.jpg
150KB, 940x529px
do i even need to explain its assist?
>>
>>27727528

you can lead a fandom to darkrai

but you cant make anybody actually want to play him

Golurk
Excadrill
Scrafty
>>
File: dead_or_alive_5_mila_1020.0.jpg (111KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
dead_or_alive_5_mila_1020.0.jpg
111KB, 1600x900px
>>27728870
Re thinking Breeloom:
She is the "boxer" of the game: think mostly DoA Mila, SFIV Dudley, and even little mac.
Short range, but speedy jabs that add up over time. She'd have a really fast counter, and a spore ranged attack. Her strong attack can actually pierce shields.

Burst, there are spores coming out, if close enough, at the end of a combo they stun you.
Burst attack, runs up to you, does the good ol' 1, 2, and finishes up with a majestic uppercut. The background flashes into white, only silhuetes.

>>27728937
A really fast attacker, that does chip demage while spinning, but has long cooldowns.
For its command grab, he throws you down and spins really fast on top of you

>>27728969
Either this one, or Icelash.
>>
File: 1470982559203.jpg (99KB, 540x395px) Image search: [Google]
1470982559203.jpg
99KB, 540x395px
did somebody say MORE fire???
>>
>>27729281

no go away
>>
have some fun fights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6jGpk12NV8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67U9XBbShlU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7XsfNbOMdc
>>
gengar baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n203POK384

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXa8znO-Qro
>>
>>27728080
This kinda inspired me

I think Pinsir could fill the grappler niche nicely, bit in a nicely gimmicky way.

I see Pinsir as something of a hybrid between something like Zangeif, and Wario from Super Smash Brothers. Pinsir has a bunch of odd, erratic moves, several of which hurl it in strange directions, and many others which have odd timing. Pinsir's goal is to get in close enough to start grapple-chaining, which is where Pinsir shines.

Pinsir is basically a glorified game of Rock-Paper-Scissors. It lurches around the field, or spits out debuffs, and you have to guess where it is going. Guess right, and you get to act accordingly. Get it wrong, and you get closer to grapple-town.
Once Pinsir grapples you, You have to guess which grapple it is going to follow up with. Get it right, and Pinsir is open to counter attack. Get it wrong, and the pain continues. Get several such predictions wrong in a row, and Pinsir gets a neat finishing slam which does buckets.

Pinsir is at its best against low HP pokemon, since they get fewer mistakes. Pinsir is at his worst against high HP pokemon, since they get more chances.

Pinsir is also great against opponents that rely on prediction, since Pinsir's entire game plan is to get into your brain, and to pinball around until it gets you in those horns.

Burst is Mega-Pinsir, who gets even faster and more erratic movements, as well as a nice ariel grapple chain.
Burst attack is "Guillotine...?", which has Pinsir dive right at that tender neck, only to miss. The enemy pokemon takes damage right to the ticker from the scare.
>>
File: tumblr_nqg467pa281un95hzo1_1280.png (696KB, 800x618px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqg467pa281un95hzo1_1280.png
696KB, 800x618px
>>27729415

fucking god tier
>>
>>27729415

if i could cum a thousand times
>>
>>27727528

posting in a low key awesome thread
>>
why is gengar so fucking bad
>>
welp good thread while it lasted friend
>>
So... Metagross and Pinsir for sure.

I'm torn between Fearow and Scrafty. I'm thinking Scrafty though.
>>
So Darkrai is a trickster-magician style fighter?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.