[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this guy the worst Champion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

Is this guy the worst Champion?
>>
Lance used full restore!
>>
File: ngbbs4b4e41b06ad65.jpg (18KB, 472x326px) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs4b4e41b06ad65.jpg
18KB, 472x326px
>>27727193
>>
>>27727193
>new to Nuzlockes
>making my way through SS
>tear through E4, losing only one Pokémon early on due to bad luck
>get to Lance
>get completely swept by Aerodactyl

I agree, fuck this guy.
>>
>>27727193
No, but not far off.

Diantha doesn't do jack shit/have a challenging team. Lance at least was the first champion to have a role in the story

Fuck X and Y in general
>>
Yes. Fucking retarded Flying-type team full of repeats.
>>
>>27727277
>Lance at least was the first champion to have a role in the story
Barring Blue, of course

Diantha really was literally who tier though. Not even NPCs remembered her name.
>>
He's really cool, but his team was mediocre.

In G/S/C, there was just a limited number of Pokemon available that filled his niche.

HGSS could have done better and did so, but only after you'd already beaten him.

BW2 gave him the best team he's had yet, but like with any Leader/Champion that specializes in a single type, it falls short.

Also, his Pokemon are very under-leveled.

If you guys had the option to, what would Lance's team be like?
>>
Nope. Diantha is. No in-game presence at all and her team is mediocre as hell.
>>
File: h.png (389KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
h.png
389KB, 800x700px
>>27727193
Diantha is the worst Champion. I thought everyone agreed on this by now. Her character is literally "who" (and she looks like a dude)
>>
>>27727193
Nah. The worst would have to be Alder.
>>
>>27727512
>Also, his Pokemon are very under-leveled.
I just finished a SS playthrough before coming on here, and his team was about 10 levels higher than mine. Granted, I used the Dratini and could've been more efficient with how I trained him, but that probably only cost me one or two levels for the team average.

He's underleveled compared to other champions, but that's just a consequence of being in Johto.
>>
>>27727277
>>27727340
>>27727540
>>27728138
At least her battle theme is nice. I enjoy it a lot.
>>
>>27728138
>>27728171
Between these two.

Alder is barely the champion, even if he has a based team and theme.

Diantha is, as stated, literally who, she has a weak-assed team, and a boring theme.

Alder's the better character, and both of them are such terrible champions that they basically have to stand on the rest of their character. Alder wins by that line of reasoning, but only barely.
>>
>>27728171
Shut the fuck up, faggot. Alder is God-tier with a cool ass team, even if it isn't super strong.
>>
Out of curiosity has anyone actually fought Diantha without the EXP Share or in a Nuzlocke? I feel like she gets most of the hate from just being in a game that makes overleveling too easy.
>>
No, he was cool storywise and a bitch to battle gamewise.
>>
>>27727193
>says Lance is worst champion
>Iris exists
>Wallace exists
>Diantha exists
>>
No. Diantha is worst. She's supposed to be a fairy type user.
She's got a mexican wrestling hawk,two fossils,a ghost,a goo dragon and finally a fairy.
Atleast Lance has 3 dragon types.
>>
>>27728461
>She's supposed to be a fairy type user.
Citation Needed
>>
>>27727277
Diantha is also ugly as sin. Lance at least looks presentable.
>>
No. Diantha is worst. She's supposed to be a fairy type user.
She's got a mexican wrestling hawk,two fossils,a ghost,a goo dragon and finally a fairy.
Atleast Lance has 3 dragon type. Also,Lance helps you during the story.
All diantha does is appear in a station and talk a bit. then leave.
>>
>>27728305
I turned off the Exp share when I got it and still soloed her, no items, with my own Tyrantrum.

Even disregarding levels, her team is just weak. Only Gardevoir poses a legitimate threat, but it is still weaker than Seibold's Gyarados.
>>
>>27728255(me)
>>27728418
>Wallace exists
Shit, I forgot about him. Never mind, neither Alder nor Diantha can claim the title of worst champion after this sack of shit sat on that throne.
>>
File: 1470799335804.png (196KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
1470799335804.png
196KB, 500x647px
>>27728520
We already fixed her.
>>
>>27727193
The player character is always the worst champion.
Gains champion status and then abandons his post.
>>
>>27728555
How is Wallace considered worse than Steven when only the latter gets destroyed by Surf in the damn Water Route Region?
>>
>>27728305
I one shotted every single pokemon she had on a nuzlocke with no exp share. It was absolutely pathetic. Easily the worst champion. Everything was incredibly fragile with glaring weaknesses.
>>
>>27727512

>If you guys had the option to, what would Lance's team be like?

I'm no good at team building, but ideally you'd want to keep to his "theme" of being a Dragon Master without necessarily stacking the entire team with Dragon-types. Maybe three to four Dragons, three to two "conceptually close enough to Dragons to be suitable" would work? For the Dragons, I'd go with Dragonite (classic), Kingdra (covers ice weakness), and Dragalge (for Fairies). Maybe a Mega Charizard X, though in an ideal world Dragonite would finally get its Mega Evolution and be his ace.
>>
>>27728724
>>27728724
>kingdra
I know kingdra is clair's signature pokemon, but it's always surprised me that lance doesn't have one. It's such a great fuck you to players that have gotten this far by relying on STAB super effective to sweep their way through gym leaders that I'm really surprised they didn't give it to Lance instead of his rather pathetic Gyarados
>>
File: Lance BW2.png (91KB, 797x719px) Image search: [Google]
Lance BW2.png
91KB, 797x719px
>>27728827

He did finally get one in BW2.
>>
No
Diantha, by all measures
>>
Diantha is above and beyond the worst.
>>
File: Champion 3.png (160KB, 951x795px) Image search: [Google]
Champion 3.png
160KB, 951x795px
No
>>
Diantha is underrated. Most of the complaints levied at her (not having that much of a role, being weak) describes just about every champion not named Cynthia.
>>
>>27727512
It wouldn't clearly be more of a flying team than dragon, I tell you what. His rematch in HGSS is bretty good.
>>
>>27729037
>Blue
>harder than Lance
>>
>>27729037
Blue was the only one I never beat, but then again I was a dumb kid so that's probably why.
>>
>>27729037
This is stupidly biased against Iris and you know it.
>>
>>27729068
Every champion not named cynthia?
Blue/green/whoever you named them
Took a big role in the game,being your Rival,he was the original rival.
Lance,from my experience didn't appear much,but he was from the Elite 4 and decided to take on the role of a champion
Steven appears here and there in im pretty sure both the original RS and the remakes
Alder and Iris im not sure of.
Diantha is the true terrible champion.She never really appears.
She's only got 1 fairy,atleast lance has 3 dragons. she's got 2 pokemon weak to fairy. when playing Y,I honestly expected her to show up more.
>>
>>27729037
>lance having a better personality over alder
>>
>no mention of Iris
Little niglet
>>
>>27729265

Blue was a joke thanks to Gen 1's horrendous AI. Steven barely appears, only showing up IIRC at Dewford and Sootopolis before the League. Alder is similar, only having like one major appearance before the league gets taken over, and Iris is only slightly more present in BW2.

Lance's team was fucking terrible, and champions in general should not have teams composed almost entirely of a single type. Steven is the only champion who has been able to make that work, and even then he's a bit of a pushover.
>>
>>27727540

Who gives a shit about "in game presence"? What is the fucking hang-up over that with so many here?

I'd rather the Champion be a mystery when you get to them the first time.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.