[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can some kindly Anons explain to us what these (and possibly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: W4G4SEj[1].png (363KB, 842x874px) Image search: [Google]
W4G4SEj[1].png
363KB, 842x874px
Can some kindly Anons explain to us what these (and possibly others,) are based on? I want to know definitively.
>>
>>27724321
Mushroom, sea cucumber and horseshoe crab.
>>
>truffle
>sea bunny
>trilopod/horseshoe crab
>>
>>27724321
>kindly

good luck anon
>>
>>27724342
FUCK YOU I'M NICE
>>
>>27724321

Mushrooms

Sea Cucumber

There is no definitive answer for Wimpod, and if anyone tells you otherwise they are full of horseshit. General guess is some chimeric combination of trilobite, wharf roach, and other water-dwelling isopods.
>>
>>27724379
its a horseshoe crab like the few posts above you mentioned you mong
>>
>>27724321
Can't you figure it out for yourself? They're not some obscure creatures it's obvious.
>>
>>27724420

And here we have Exhibit A!

>and if anyone tells you otherwise they are full of horseshit.
>>
File: 1470943000523.png (216KB, 430x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470943000523.png
216KB, 430x600px
>>27724367
please do
>>
>>27724420
>tail split into two parts
>segmented body
>antennae
>skittish
>eats garbage
It's a wharf roach with some trilobite and horseshoe crab in it's design
>>
>>27724571
T- That's not what I meant....
>>
>>27724637
Yes it was, you fucking degenerate?
Do you even know how disgusting you are.
>>
>>27724321
>Morel mushroom
>Sea bunny/sea cucumber
>Horseshoe crab/wharf roach/isopod

Probably.
>>
>>27724321
Shrooms
The delicate sea cucumber
And the love child of a trilobite and horshoe crab
>>
>>27724321
>truffle
>sea cucumber
>giant isopod

done
>>
File: morelull cake.png (385KB, 638x477px) Image search: [Google]
morelull cake.png
385KB, 638x477px
morelull is shrooms ..this is a shroom cake ..this is how the drug is grown
>>
Possessed lantern

Seabunny

Pair of goggles
>>
>Rowlet: Owl
>Litten: Cat
>Popplio: Sea Lion
>Rockruff: Dog
>Komala: Koala
>Pikipek: Woodpecker
>Yungoos: Mongoose
>Gumshoos: Detective/Private Investigator
>Grubbin: Larvae
>Charjabug: Cocoon/Battery
>Vikavolt: Rail Gun/Beetle
>Drampa: Old Dragon
>Bruxish: Triggerfish
>Cutiefly: Bee Fly
>Togedemaru: Porcupine/Hedgehog
>Salandit: Salamander
>Nuikoguma: Plushie/Red Panda
>Bewear: Mascot/Red Panda
>Mimikyu: Pikachu Merchandise
>Wimpod: Silverfish
>Bounsweet: Purple Mangosteen
>Comfey: Hawaii'n Lei
>Mudbray: Donkey
>Mudsdale: Draft Horse
>Minor: Falling Star/Comet
>Fomantis: Reverse Orchid Mantis
>Lurantis: Reverse Orchid Mantis
>Oricorio: Bird
>Sunabaa: Sandpile
>Shirodesuna: Sandcastle
>Wishiwashi: School of Fish
>Pyukumuku: Sea Cucumber
>Morelull: Fairy Ring/Bioluminescent Mushroom
>Tapu Koko: Hawaii'n Deity/Totem Pole
>Solgaleo: Sun/Lion
>Lunala: Moon/Bat
>>
>>27724321
Morelull is just supposed to be a mushroom that can glow at will. Its name comes from morel, a type of edible mushroom, and lull, as in in lull to sleep, which the japanese trailer and english trailer show it using sleep powder and spore respectively. It seems to have a thing for sleeping and glowing, so possible nightlight inspiration? I hope so.
Pyukunuku is a sea cucumber, and its inner organs being spat out in the shape of a fist is a dead giveaway. Sea cucumbers vomit their respiratory systems as a defense mechanism. Plus, its species name is the sea cucumber pokemon, and its japanese name has the word sea cucumber in it. Sea cucumber confirmed.
Wimpod is a more complex case. Its appearance seems to be more of a horseshoe crab/trilobite with a dash of giant isopod and/or copepod. However, its description of it being very flighty and loving shiny objects clearly shows that it is mostly a wharf roach. It's definitely a wharf roach, but it also has a few other arthropods in its design.
tl;dr: Morelull is a glowy sleepy nightlight "morel" mushroom, Pyukumuku is a sea cucumber, and Wimpod is a wharf roach, but its design takes a few small details from horseshoe crabs or trilobites.
>>
>>27724336
Truffles are underground you dumb fuck.

The mushroom is based off a Morel mushroom. Pronounced More L. Hence the name.
>>
>>27724321
>>27724420
>horseshoe crab
>horseshoe crabs are armoured predators that rip open clams with their SPIDER-LIKE FANGS
>wimpod eats garbage like a fucking cowardly crustacean
>isopods and copepods are bottom feeding crustaceans and parasites
Yea no.
>>
Anyone who says truffle. Fucking off yourself you uneducated fucking swine.
>>
Morelull:
>Bioluminescent fungi (named after Morel mushrooms)

Pyukumuku:
>Designed after nudibranch "sea bunny" beloved in Japan, it is a "sea cucumber" (possesses sea cucumber qualities displayed by its behavior)

Wimpod:
>Design is based on a horseshoe crab, name may be based on isopods, however it could simply be based on the root "pod" from "athropod". Sidenote: It runs from danger, isopods are novel in that they curl into a ball, which this Pokemon does not do.
>>
>>27724321
>Wimpod
Triops Cancriformis

>Pyukumuku
Sea cucumber traits and habits with a bunny-looking form

>Morelull
Mushroom patch
>>
supposedly Wimpod is going to evolve into a combination of Scolipede and Kabutops
>>
>>27728974
>Not something reminiscent of Armaldo
I would'be thought that Anorith is Wimpod's ancestor
>>
Morel mushroom
Sea cucumber
Horseshoe crab
>>
File: wimpod.jpg (38KB, 330x394px) Image search: [Google]
wimpod.jpg
38KB, 330x394px
>>27728156
>isopods are novel in that they curl into a ball
No they aren't, there's only one species(Armadillidiidae) that curls. The rest of them would break their fucking spines, especially the sea variant.

The only thing that says "horseshoe crab" about Wimpod is its vague dome shape. Horseshoe crabs don't have antennae, split tails or eat garbage. They're predators that are related to spiders and scorpions, they have chelicerae. Gamefreak at least borrows some traits from the animals they base things on other than shape.
>>
File: wimpod evo.png (43KB, 333x294px) Image search: [Google]
wimpod evo.png
43KB, 333x294px
>>27728974
>>
>>27724321
The mushroom is a morel mushroom hence its name
>>
>>27726499
Gumshoos is Donald Trump and Drampa is Bernout Sandurrs
>>
>>27729044
>One species curls
A gimmick nonetheless that would warrant inclusion as a novel escape mechanism for a Pokemon resembling animals in that order. Could be a giant isopod, which I implied. Design-wise, looks more like a horseshoe crab. The headpiece is a big giveaway. They tend to play with designs though.
>Behavior
I was talking about its form, and you're discussing behavior. Huh? It could be an isopod, just like Pyukumuku is a sea cucumber when it's clearly based on "sea bunnies" in form, and Blastoise is a "shellfish Pokemon" but strongly resembles a tortoise.
>>
>>27729044
isopods don't have spines dumbfuck what the hell do you think "invertebrate" means
>>
File: wharf roach.jpg (121KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
wharf roach.jpg
121KB, 500x333px
>>27729187
Really, I just don't like the fact that everyone thinks it's a horseshoe crab just because of its shape. Like, just the shape and that's it? No other reason? I mean, Kabuto looks exactly like a horse shoe crab sans tail, but Wimpod is only one because it's shaped a little like a dome.

No one has argued their basis, because they can't really. You could argue because it goes on the beach, but it does so to eat garbage. Like pic related, which is an isopod that doesn't curl and is known to be skittish like Wimpod. They're also found in places like Hawaii.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 296x170px
>>
>>27729254
I made a bad comparison with spine, sorry. I was mostly trying to stress for the other ones to curl who aren't designed for it, would be a bit nasty for them to be forced to.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.