[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is better, /vp/ ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: Capture.jpg (44KB, 824x290px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
44KB, 824x290px
Which is better, /vp/ ?
>>
Sage has better designs and spritework but Uranium is better for actually being finished instead of perpetually in soon(tm) status
>>
File: Urayne.png (238KB, 800x732px) Image search: [Google]
Urayne.png
238KB, 800x732px
>>27721386
Sage, as good as Uranium might be its fakes look fake as shit. Just look at the legendary (spoiler?)

Also, where can I check the progress of sage? Is it only done in sage sundays threads?
>>
>>27721508
Sage update:
We're almost done with a graphical overhaul up through the first gym.

We should be putting out a one-gym demo with the new graphics sometime in October or so.
>>
>>27721386
Clover
>>
>>27721386
Rejuvenation.

kek.

In all seriousness though, I have been hearing good things from Uranium
>>
Insurgance
>>
>>27721721
How good is this one actually? I heard it's got all sorts of crazy things, but I dont know if I'm overhyping it.
>>
>not talking about ethereal gates
>>
>>27721742
It's pretty good. The sprite work is top notch and the inclusion of Delta species is really fun. It only has up to like gym 6 right now though so it's not finished
>>
>>27721479
Uranium took 9 years to make. Complain when sage hits 9 years.

Sage Sundays are pretty much Not happening since we only have boring shit like implementation and dialogue left. Andante lighthouse should get a Sunday when thats Finished though.
>>
Is Uranium nuzlocke viable?
>>
>>27721508
I like the way he looks though
>>
>>27721721
I might've liked this game if the story wasn't so shitty
>>
>>27722358
>9 years for a pile of garbage
>>
File: 1467926854538.png (50KB, 278x265px) Image search: [Google]
1467926854538.png
50KB, 278x265px
>>27722358
>>27723469
>believing it actually took 9 years to make Pokemon Uranium
>implying they didn't just sit on a name for 7 or 8 years and churn out a garden variety Essentials fangame at the last minute to avoid being overshadowed by Sun & Moon
>>
>>27722358
>Uranium took 9 years to make.

It's still a finished game while Sage isn't though.
>>
>>27721386
in 20 years sage will be ready and I will answer that
>>
>>27721386
Uranium
>>
>>27723703
Just like how Mighty No. 9 is at least a finished game right?
>>
>>27723769
Yes? Because a finished game is better than an hour long unfinished game. Not sure what point you're trying to make here. Are you suggesting Mighty No. 9 would be better if it were unfinished?
>>
mechamon
>>
>>27723796
You need to heck off, BTW what underwear do you wear?
>>
>>27721386
Been playing through Uranium since release. Really impressed so far, feels like a genuine Pokemon game EXCEPT for many of the designs being mediocre, and there's quite a bit of framerate issues.

Gyms are a bit of a challenge to solve, leaders aren't just one type, but a bit of a mix. There are HM machines you can get later on to do the work of tedious HMs like Rock Smash.

I recommend Uranium. Find some fakes that you like the design of, and you're golden.

I've only seen the dex for Sage, but it's far better quality in terms of Pokemon design. And it also has more Pure type pokemon, whilst almost every fake in Uranium is dual-typed which is a bit annoying.
>>
File: tumblr_obi4sek72P1s018r1o2_400.gif (2MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obi4sek72P1s018r1o2_400.gif
2MB, 256x192px
Reminder that Uranium stole fakemon. At least one specifically from Sage.
>>
>>27723796
Being "better than nothing" doesn't equate to being good, you complacent anon.

Yes, Uranium was finished. But that doesn't make it inherently better than Sage.
>>
>>27724008
True. It means we can't compare the two, OP's question can't really be ended here.
>>
>>27724056
We can at least compare Pokemon designs.
>>
>>27724008
OP's question literally asks "which is better" you butthurt Sagefag. So yes, it IS better than nothing. Or in this case, a full game is better than a tiny short one with only one gym.
>>
>>27724095
>Sagefag
I think both games are terrible. But "well at least Uranium was finished" isn't an argument. It's a statement.
>>
>>27724241
No. It's an argument. Because a game that's actually finished with longer gameplay and a fully established story is better than an hour long demo. Sorry butthurt Sagefag.
>>
That hour of sage is better than all of uranium.
>>
>>27724300
>it's better because it's longer
Now you're just pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>27724469
>It's better because it's an actual game instead of a demo

I see nothing wrong with this statement. There's nothing Sage does that spectacularly beats Uranium in terms of gameplay, either.
>>
File: you dense motherfucker.png (190KB, 482x315px) Image search: [Google]
you dense motherfucker.png
190KB, 482x315px
>>27724527
They're both terrible. Pokemon fangames are all terrible.

They use the same engine, so claiming that one has better gameplay than the other is just shitposting.

But you're defending Mighty No 9, so you've gotta be a shitposter. That or you just enjoy playing garbage.
>>
Sage don't give up on your game
>>
>>27724753
>Pokémon fan games are all terrible
Opinion discarded and ignored for all eternity
>>
>>27721742
Story is dog shit, but as an actual game its great.
>>
>>27724753
>But you're defending Mighty No 9,

A finished Mighty No. 9 is better than an unfinished Mighty No. 9.
>>
>>27721546
epic
>>
>>27724753
The content of the games effects the gameplay thus they are different. But yes the engine is dogshit. Fucking rpgmaker who thought this was a good plan.

>>27725023
I liked it better when I still had hope. Very few cases where an unfinished game was objectively better than the finished product, this is one. Another would be Spore ;_; or more recently NMS.
>>
File: grinch.png (236KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
grinch.png
236KB, 500x375px
>>27724816
>>27725156
The problem with fangames is that nobody wants to take any liberties. Pokemon fangame devs follow such a by-the-book formula that if you've played one you may as well have played them all.

>the professor gives you a fire/grass/water type starter. Your rival's starter is your starter's immediate weakness
>you have to go from town to town battling gym leaders for a badge
>the region has every biome shoved into it
>the region will start you out with the usual early region rodent/bug/bird
>there's always 8 badges in total. No more no less.
>the gym will always focus on one type and one type only
>the evil team wants to use a legendary to take over the world
>also if the dev has a favorite pokemon, they'll shove it in your face

Reborn, Insurgence, and Snakewood don't even break the habit of halting your progress to have you battle a gym leader. It baffles me how fangame devs haven't come up with better ways to have you encounter bosses than that.

I can only think of two fangames off the top of my head that don't follow the formula, and I'm not sure if either of them are finished.

It's bad enough that Gamefreak's been using this same formula for 20 years but I'd expect more from fans.

I don't understand how an entire community can be so uncreative. Is Pokemon the only thing these people know?
>>
>>27724006
I was wondering where I'd seen that design before
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.