[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they get rid of the ultra rare, hard to find Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
Why did they get rid of the ultra rare, hard to find Pokemon like Feebas on Route 119?

Am I the only one here that liked looking for Feebas?
>>
Yes. It was really fucking boring looking for him.
>>
>you will never search for rare pokemon only using information obtained by word of mouth
>it will always just be on the internet for you to look up

why even LIVE anon XD
>>
Because it was a boring pain in the ass to the point that I only did it once even though I love Milotic. Seriously, how did you enjoy it?
>>
>Fuck up the pokeblocks
>Just misses out on max beauty once it's full
>>
>>27719909
>Am I the only one here that liked looking for Feebas?
Yes. It took me a week to catch the fucker when R/S came out.
>>
>>27719909

It's rare that you can answer this to an "Am I the only one" question, but... yes. Yes you are.
>>
Because it's almost as asinine as making zoroark event exclusive in bw1.
>>
>>27719909
Because this shit gets a lot of flak and it's too hard for the pampered children of this generation.

>>27719956
Feebas' tile spawn was calculated by RNG, regulated to 6 tiles that changed every day, it was also like this in DPPT, but was regulated to 4 tiles. Carvanha, Magikarp, Barboach and Gyarados have a higher spawn rate than it, knowing which route it spawns in won't help you unless you are psychic and know exactly which tile it spawns on. This was such bullshit they just got rid of it in ORAS.
>>
>>27720161

>not knowing that feebas spawn was connected to the dewford guy

get rekt m8
>>
>>27719909
Usually you are not the only one but in this case you are. How can you have fun trying to find the six specific tiles that change depending on the rumor in Dewford in a long route with plenty of water tiles caught only by fishing with only a 50% chance on those tiles so there is still a big chance you could be on the tile and be catching other pokemon. Fuck you.
>>
>Gamefreak will never add a secret Pokemon that has a 1/100 chance of being available to your game based on trainer ID, and only has a 1/1000 chance of appearing in a random spot that changes every day, in a random "text fixes" update 2 years after sun and moon come out
>>
You most likely aren't, but me and my friends back in the day always thought it was bullshit and I imagine we all still do. The moment one of us actually got one, and I assume it was cheated in with a Gameshark or something because that same kid also had a Deoxys, we just stuck that one in the daycare and spread hatched ones all around the school.

>>27720064
This was the worst part. I'll take ORAS' "you can max every contest stat" casual shit over the fucking Sheen system any day. Couldn't even reset it, fuck.
>>
>>27720207
But the words just randomize the tiles, right? iirc you cant put a specific set of words that will make feebas apear in wherever you want
>>
>>27720207
>The trendy phrase in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Versions affects the pattern of Feebas on Route 119. By changing the trendy phrase in Dewford Town, the six tiles where the Feebas are positioned will change.

Yea, that's so helpful Anon, you sure showed me.
>>
>>27719956
Meh, gamefaqs was already a thing back then. I would have never, ever found Feebas on my own, especially considering that no trainer had it, so it didn't even register location in the first place.
>>
>>27720328
Yea, the words won't control which tiles it spawns on. It just rearranges them again instead of having to wait. Therefore it's fucking useless.
>>
>>27719909
Looking for Feebas was obnoxious. Not only was it only on certain tiles, but I don't even think it was the only thing on those tiles, meaning you had to fish several times to be sure.

You could scramble the tiles sure, but that barely helps.

I prefer rare pokemon to be like Bagon in RSE. Hidden away in a place that you're not forced to go to, in a certain room that's harder to access. Rare pokemon should be a reward for exploring, not for fishing in every tile in one river.
>>
>>27720364
One woman in Juan's gym had it.
>>
>>27719909
We'd just get more shit like "Mew under the Truck" Regigigas 2bh. If I told you to nickname a Regice, give it a Snowball, and told you to go to Regice's cave in the morning, would you believe me at first?
>>
>>27720477
and the trainer in OPs pic had one
>>
>>27720549
I never played ORAS. What the fuck.
>>
>>27720549
Remember Registeel and Regirock also had to be in the party.
>>
>>27719956
Play Pokemon GO.
>>
>>27719909
Yes, it was the most tedious and unneeded part of Pokemon. I didn't even know the way to get one until years later.
>>
File: 250px-446Munchlax.png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-446Munchlax.png
38KB, 250x250px
>>27719909
Did anyone enjoy searching for Munchlax via honey trees?
>>
>>27721359
Fuck no, and fuck that loathsome little cunt Barry for getting a Munchlax AND a Heracross off those trees. No way did that ADD little shit have the patience for that.
>>
File: 358Chimecho.png (101KB, 664x664px) Image search: [Google]
358Chimecho.png
101KB, 664x664px
>>27721359
As much as I enjoyed searching for this cunt on Mt. Pyre
>>
>milotic is my favourite pokemon
>only have pokemon x
>all 19 of my friend safari's are psychic and normal
>i will never get a feebas
>>
>>27719909
Normally in response to idiot posts like this there would be "no you idiot you are not the only fucking person in this entire fucking world who x" but in this instance you might actually fucking be.
>>
>>27721725
I have a Feebas in OR, I can set you up if you'd like
>>
>>27721725
I could give you one
>>
>>27721781
>>27721793
i would seriously appreciate that anons
>>
Literally found a shiny tentacool before finding a feebas tile in ruby.
>>
>>27721807
Just friendcode my shit up
>>
>>27721849
yes sir
>>
>>27721933
err do you have a prism scale? Just occured to me that you might not have any way to evolve it after I trade it over to you
>>
Everybody here butthurt about rarity of Feebas. I lucked out and found one on third time. Felt fucking great.
>>
>>27722041
yeah i have the prism scale from the waterfall
>>
>>27722068
alright, then I guess we just retrade it till it gets back to you evolved
>>
>>27721359
>>27721359
munchlax was infinity worse then feebas, it took me less then an hour to find feebas but you could play d/p/pt for weeks and never find a munchlax
>>
>>27722118
its alright ive got 2 3DS' thank you though i really appreciate it
>>
>>27722238
Ahh, gotcha.

No problem though, glad to be able to help.
>>
>>27722283
i'll take good care of it
>>
>>27719909
Remember trying to find a wild Munchlax in gen 4?
That was...
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.