[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give one reason stealth rock should remain in game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

File: Sneakypebbles.png (24KB, 579x584px) Image search: [Google]
Sneakypebbles.png
24KB, 579x584px
Protip; you can't
>>
>>27711571
Talonflame would be even better without them
>>
Punish flying-types and levitators for switching.
>>
>>27711607
>Levitators
>being weak to rocks
>>
>>27711582
True that my dude, but my hate for the sneaky stones is stronger than my hate for talonflame
>>
>>27711632
They take damage regardless.
>>
It should just be nerfed so it only does 12.5% max regardless of weaknesses, and ground-bound Pokémon receive half the damage, so Spikes isn't completely outclassed.
>>
Without SR, switching is completely safe for Flying types and levitators. Some of the most threatening Pokemon are either Flying or levitators.
>>
>>27711632

You don't need to be weak to Rock to take damage from SR. The point of entry hazards is to prevent the game from becoming a switchfest. Spike and Poison Spikes don't affect Flying-type or Levitators.
>>
>>27711649
This sounds quite good actually, if I had to make a compromise
>>
>>27711649
and rocks should remove it from play.
>>
>>27711652
I wouldn't say completely safe, it's the same as any other switch, you gotta take a hit
>>
File: tumblr_nnlg6jeTsx1u53q7ko6_1280.png (149KB, 720x534px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnlg6jeTsx1u53q7ko6_1280.png
149KB, 720x534px
>>27711582
>Gale Wings now works like technician
>Flying Gem is back
>Priority is now factored in before the boosts to acrobatics only if the user was holding an item at the start of the turn, meaning you get one 110 bp priority acrobatics before loosing the priority but unlimited Aerial Aces, which makes far more sense flavor wise.
>>
So we can keep the faggots that complain about them in their place.
>>
>>27711571
It's balanced.
>>
>>27711766
2edgy
>>
>>27711781
Rocks are edgy
>>
>>27712043
Yeah, too edgy, that's the point of this thread
>>
>>27711571
Are you retarded? Entry Hazards exist to prevent constant switching in Singles.
>>
>>27711632
>Levitators
>don't get hit by any other arena hazards
>>
ITT: Smogon fags getting butthurt and defending their entry hazards
>>
>>27712620
>LEL how could you ever DEFEND something? xDD i don't have to git gud because you're cancer for DEFENDing something
>>
It's fun.
>>
>What is Rapid Spin and Defog?
>>
>>27711571
Dick jokes.
>>
OP is a Charizard.
>>
Sure they are balanced and have counters but what it comes down to is why are they there in the first place?
>>
As much as I would love for my favourite Volcarona to become even more powerful, Stealth Rock has an important ward against the enhanced faggotry that is Talonflame.
>>
Entry hazards have been around since gen 2, they're a consistently important part of the meta.

>breaks FEAR
>cripples mindless boost to win sets by breaking sash
>cripples shedinja (which would be an instant win if you had no SE attacks left, toxic/wispers are gone)
>cripples smogonbird
>widens the meta by giving rapid spin and defog a use, as both of these moves have limited distribution
>>
>>27712657
Nice/v/ level response retard. I really like the part where you didn't respond at all to what was said and instead miss quoted his argument,adding random le, xd and ALL CAPS RAGE. Truly to, sit, have thusly won the argument. I to my fedora to you and bid you a good day.
>>
>>27712828
These are good points, thanks for the civilized and thought out reply
>>
File: d2wrFta6mf-8.png (38KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
d2wrFta6mf-8.png
38KB, 300x250px
>>27712732
>>
>>27712620
I don't see your argument against Stealth Rock though.
>>
>>27712620
Nice reddit tier response, kiddo

Really liked the part where you insinuated playing the game competitively is somehow inferior to the way you play, which you demonstrated through ad hominem by calling users of stealth rocks "smogonfags" rather than actually explaining why you feel they should be removed.

This is especially retarded because the topic of the thread is to defend the use of stealth rocks, the OP literally asked why they should remain a part of the meta, and yet here you are complaining that people are defending stealth rocks, as if you somehow expected the entire thread be filled with only posters saying "I don't know, OP, I happen to have the same opinion as you".

Fuck off, you closed minded child.
>>
This sounds crazy, but i think rapid spin should be buffed to do damage based on what it's spinning, like spinning the rocks back at them.
>>
>>27713192
>spinning leech seed onto the enemy

yes
>>
>>27713192
to follow up let's say your opponent puts rocks up, then switches in scyther or something that gets 50% by rocks. If you rapid spin, it will do the same 50%. if that makes sense
>>
>>27711758
This is why we need grammar rules.
>>
>>27713228
>>27713192
>Rapid Spin: The Magic Bounce attack
Nice.
>>
>>27713310
i wouldn't want it to bounce them back, just remove them but do damage equal to what they would do to the pokemon. leech seed is tricky though, maybe like equal to 1 turn of hp loss
>>
I'm curious as to why evasion boosting moves are banned, when there are counters like foresight, aerial ace, etc.

Stealth Rock has rapid spin, defog, and maybe magic bounce? I feel like there are more counters to evasion.
>>
>>27713368
What if both pokemon on the field have Magic Bounce?
>>
>>27711571
Talonflame has never been threatening to me, mostly because I luckily hit it with a rock attack as it switches in.

if it manages however to do a swords dance then it's gg time.
>>
>>27713400
i'm pretty sure it just fails
>>
>>27713400
the plan is it wouldn't bounce them back, you're still spinning the rocks away, but it won't do like 2% damage, it will do the same amount of damage that they would take if they went into rocks, and the same for spikes
>>
>>27713394
Probably because every game would come down to evasion boosting and priority moves.
>>
>>27711780
>does more damage to some pokemon that others
>balanced
Imagine if we had an Ice/Bug type or Ice/Fire.
>>
>>27713394
I don't know. Maybe because those moves too heavily rely on RNG same thing with one hit KO moves. Then again you have moves with imperfect accuracy like Focus Blast with 70% accuracy and Hypnosis with 60% accuracy that are commonly used, status effects like paralysis, confusion, and sleep relying on rng, and critical hits.
>>
Aren't stealth rock and spikers a waste of pokemon slot though?

I always boost when they're setting it out with a suicide lead and when he dies I just rapid spin it all away, which leaves me with 1 dead mon and him like 3 dead mons.
>>
>>27713394
This has been done before
Evasion over centralizes the meta
Stealth rock doesn't
>>
>>27713549
>aren't trapsetters a waste of a pokemon slot

I assume you're at like 1300 elo on showdown
>>
>>27713192
I really like this
>>
>>27713192
>Throw back toxic spikes
>Poisons the other pokemon
>It has Poison heal
>>
>>27713928
Simple counter to this, don't be retarded
>>
>>27713501
>>27713553
This is not true though. Those moves actually suck. For every games that they work out well enough in your favor there'll be 5 other games where they don't and you lose because you spent a turn or two doing nothing. I've played a decent amount in battle spot where there are no clauses like that and the worst thing I've run into has been Confuse Ray Clefki. Fuck that shit though, I hate Prankster.
>>
>>27713999
>confuse ray klefki
>not swagger
>>
>>27711571
Genies
Edgezard
Talonflame
>>
>>27711571
t. Smogonbird
>>
File: Stealth Rocks.png (749KB, 1920x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Stealth Rocks.png
749KB, 1920x1073px
>>27711571
Memes
>>
>>27713192
>HAZARDFAGS BTFO BY RAPID SPIN
I wish that will happen.
>>
>>27714093
These arguments wouldn't have been valid last gen
>>
>>27712705
2 shitty moves. Rapid spin has poor distribution and terrible damage. Defog is pretty much a 4th gen thing with a few exceptions so it's not much better.
>>
>>27714215
Good thing this post isn't about last gen
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.