[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

soooo, are mega evolutions still a thing? cause it would seem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 7

File: Mega-pokemon-art-gallery.png (377KB, 832x468px) Image search: [Google]
Mega-pokemon-art-gallery.png
377KB, 832x468px
soooo, are mega evolutions still a thing?
cause it would seem pretty fucking retarded to just retcon them out of the games for no apparent reason.
>>
they're not coming back because you fucks leaked Mega Latias and Latios back in X/Y

prease understand
>>
Yes, but post game only and no new ones.

Enjoy Ash-Greninja, though.
>>
>>27710866
ORAS already gave a reason to retcon them. Multiple universes.
>>
>>27710866
it was a pretty fucking retarded to add them to the games for no apparent reason.
>>
>>27711137

SM takes place in the same universe as Kalos and ORAS Hoenn though
>>
>>27710866
They'll be in the postgame.
>>
>>27711194
how do you know though?
>>
>>27711194
Prove it.
>>
>>27710866
Hope not. I hope they get phased into forms triggered by holding the stones.
>>
>>27710866
ANIME-ONLY
>>
>>27710866
Gen 6 was a mistake
>>
>>27710866
I'm going to guess they're a post game thing. Which is what they should have been in ORAS as well.
>>
File: 1470547144730.png (247KB, 634x671px) Image search: [Google]
1470547144730.png
247KB, 634x671px
>>27710866

Anyone who actually, genuinely, no memes, believes that Megas are gone should be castrated immediately so that they don't pass their stupidity on to another generation. If retardation is a ladder, you're not only not even on the bottom rung, you're not even in the same fucking area code.
>>
>>27710866
Tell me /vp/, what is wrong with Mega Evolutions?
>>
>>27713870
It's not belief so much as hope.
>>
I think the old ones will stay, but I'm thinking they arent going to introduce any more.
>>
>>27711564
your birth was a mistake
>>
>>27713951
not much

I'd imagine it would seem that they're bad because so many people voice complaintss about them

but the only people talking about them are the complainers, because us people who like them have little reason to talk about them right now
>>
>>27713951
Unbalanced. The meta is very shit right now

Power creep in unreal
>>
>>27714531
Like how unbalanced is it?
>>
>>27711194
I'm pretty sure a Kalos without Mega Evolution exists though. We just haven't seen it, like a Sinnoh with Mega Evolution.
>>
>>27713951
There are a few bad cases of them being poorly balanced, but considering the premise and how many there are, they did a pretty good job.

I dont know why the idea of nerfs are beyond people, though.
>>
>>27714531

That has little to do with mega's though. I feel like mega's are pretty healthy but I could just be delusional after Gen 5's fever dream of a meta. Depends on what format you're playing in too, I guess.
>>
>>27714676
If you dont have one your gonna get steam rolled.
It made the meta really stale and repetitive cause everyone now uses the same 7 mons and their megas.
>>
> Megas are ruining the meta

lol there's literally only 1 Mega in the top-20 most-used pokes. OTOH, Lando has a fucking 25% usage rate. If anything needs to go, it's that fucker. also primals
>>
>>27714531
tell me honestly if you ever believed that pokemon's battle gameplay was actually balanced? There have always been a handful of pokemon that were OU and simply superior to every other. Same with moves. Thats overall bad design.

In other words, shit made no sense since day one. Megas make it more shit, that is without doubt, but its not as if it was any good to begin with.
>>
>>27714758
This.

The genies cause a much bigger upset. Just look at VGC. When the Genies were banned, there was quite a bit of variety. As soon as they entered, the metagame became stagnant.

Theyre more manageable in Smogon singles, but they're still very prevalent, specifically Landorus-T.
>>
File: Mega-Beedrill.png (56KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Mega-Beedrill.png
56KB, 300x300px
>>27713992

Fuck you.

>>27713951

Absolutely nothing, conceptually.
>>
Case and point.

VGC 2015, genies are introduced, and it goes to shit.
>>
>>27715257
Forgot pic.
>>
>>27713951
I like Megas for the most part. Sure some look like crap, but that's the same with any Pokemon design. I like them better than Alola forms at least, they usually had more thought and creativity put into them.
>>
>>27715058

Lando-T is manageable, but it's still a piece of shit. I think it was on 35% of teams in the most recent usage stats? It's not as centralized as VGC maybe, but it gets old fast.
>>
>>27714797
I've easily hit top 500 on smogon without a mega you're just shit
>>
>>27710866
It NEVER happened, sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
>>
>>27710866
I hope not, because they suck, but the Meganium shirt pattern on the official artwork may hint otherwise...
>>
>>27715527
MEGAMEGAMEGAMEGAMEGA MEGANIUM

YOU COME AND GO

YOU COME AND GOOOOOOOOO
>>
I'd much rather have megas back than these fucking retarded alolan forms.

I WANT MY MEGA DRAGONITE AND MEGA ARCANINE FUCK
>>
>>27715046
Gen III was pretty good, at least compared to what we have now. IV would have been pretty solid had they nerfed weather.
>>
>>27714405
haha quality insult newfag
>>
>>27715697
>wanting a mega Dargonite
>not being sarcastic

No, fuck you. Any Pokémon with a bst over 520 or so probably does NOT need a mega, definitely none of the pseudos. Megamence was one of the worst ideas ever.
>>
>>27711194
I'm waiting for your proof sir.
>>
>>27710866
Wouldn't be the first time GF put something in the games and then take it out and pretend like it never happened...
>>
>>27716505

What were the other times?

I think I know where you're going with this and I like it
>>
>>27713870
Couldn't agree more.
>>
>>27713951
Megas should only be for legendary pokemon or pokemon who already have 3 evolutions.
>>
Just because you haven't heard about any new mega evolutions doesn't suddenly mean they are retconned

They still exist it's just that Gen 6 over saturated with them that Gamefreak wants a break
>>
>>27716505
Pokemon following you was a feature and not a mechanic like Megas. Hell, it didn't even have the humongous impact Megas had. It was just a feature and that's that, those can always come and go, but not battle related mechanics.
>>
>>27715629
I love you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmcA9LIIXWw
>>
>>27716698
>Mega should be for Overpowered pokemon only
Fuck off with the "Muh real evolution" whinning, if any old pokemon would happen to have a new evolution you would whine the same because it's not what you would have wanted and it would "ruined his line"
>>
>Mega Meganium

>Mega Yanmega

>Japan is Megayanma

>Mega Megayanma
>>
>>27716760
What about rotation battles or whatever the fuck they were called?
>>
>>27717070
Wow that's weird because I loved all the new evolution in gen 4 except for Electabuzz, but hey, I guess you know me better than I know myself.
>>
>>27715629

Honestly, if any starter pokemon needs a Mega, it's fucking Meganium. Worthless piece of shit grass dinosaur. It has probably the lowest viability/design ratio and it's not even that well-designed.
>>
>>27717078
Did they removed them in ORAS ? But if it's Reverse Battles, those were newgrounds and it seems it didn't went to well, especially how confusing they can sometime get.
>>
>>27710866
Yes you fucking retard, they wouldn't retcon over 50 metamons for no reason at all, denialfags will still say that Megas won't be a thing in S/M.
>>
>>27717221
Did they have them in X/Y?
Well fuck me if they did, I don't remember them at all. I don't remember either of the gen 5 gimmick battles.

I really hope they take out that shitty aerial battle.
>>
>>27714797
>If you dont have one your gonna get steam rolled.
laughing @ ur life
>>
>>27717266
Theyre in there, but the stones will all be locked away until the post-game
>>
>>27710866
It would be retarded, but I'd be 100% glad
>>
>ITT: source: my ass
>>
>>27717295
Yes, they were in XY so most likely ORAS as well.

Aerial battles probably were also just like Reverse, new testing grounds and it also didn't had such positive results. But I wouldn't be surprised if they came to Alola because of all the rocky terrain on the islands.
>>
>>27711212
>>27711210
>>27716445

well as much as i dont want megas to come back

he is right to say that they are linked

and the proof is in XY in the name of "strange souvenir" and the travelers speaking and hinting at alola

( sun and moon started developpement at the same time as XY )
>>
>>27713951
The outliers really ruined the mechanic for everyone. When people think mega evolutions they don't think of how Beedrill, Lopunny, or Pidgeot became so much better. They think of how Gengar, Salamence, and and Lucario look worse and are WAY more annoying to fight.
>>
>>27713951
Megas serve a good purpose, in that they elevate competitively shit pokemon that can't evolve further, like Pidgeot or Beedrill, into something worthwhile. But then they gave these boosts to legendaries and pseudo legendaries instead, as if they weren't powerful enough. And to make matters worse, you can't even catch the two pokemon I mentioned in ORAS until you get the national dex at the end of the game. What a waste of time.
>>
>>27713951
Nothing, I go IkuZ every time I use them in a clutch so it's at least not horrible
>>
File: 1466740687995.jpg (13KB, 464x316px) Image search: [Google]
1466740687995.jpg
13KB, 464x316px
>>27713951
literally nothing. They made a bunch of shitmons usable, which just brings variety and depth to battling.
>>
>>27710866

GUYS ARE THE KYUREM FUSIONS STILL A THING? I'M WORRIED CAUSE HE HAVEN'T SEEN THEM YET
>>
>>27718391
why was there no primal kyurem? I want my space dragon back in one piece
>>
>>27710866
Megas were a mistake anyway
>>
>>27710866
The only ones of these I will ever like are the two Mewtwo. Beyond that there's nothing.
>>
>>27713870
>gf never left out a feature the older gens had
lol
>>
>>27714797

I've gotten tons of no mega teams in Smogon random and won against people with Megas, even broken shit like Primal Whale or Mega Mom.
>>
>>27718790
Youre retarded.
>>
>>27718827
quality insults over here at /vp/
>>
>>27717446
Alola existing in XY =/= Megas existing in SM
>>
>>27710866
they're in endgame where they belong
>>
Megas are gone, we have moved back to the original timeline where megas dont exist.

In the Diamond and Pearl remakes Arceus will merge the timelines together.
>>
>>27710866
>cause it would seem pretty fucking retarded to just retcon them out of the games for no apparent reason.
Just have it take place in the alternate timeline :^)
>>
>>27715284
Why did Kang all of a sudden get a boost at the end? Just the mega?

Don't multiplayer pokemon, so just curious.
>>
I hope not. And no retcon would be required, it's already established that gen 6 takes place in a separate universe.

I think megas were frankly a bad idea, they should have instead buffed the pokemon weak enough to have needed one. Mgar, Mkang, Mmence, these things just destroy any attempt to balance the game. That's part of the reason why they need to play doubles only at VGC, you can't balance singles anymore.
>>
>>27719224
Of course it's just the mega, mega turned it from a complete shitmon into an unstoppable powerhouse.

The regionals for 2016 were even worse, there's like 8 different pokemon between those teams with 30 potential slots in the top 5.
>>
>>27717526
This seems like the only well thought out response to OPs post

[Non multiplayer pokefag here]
>>
>>27719307
>That's part of the reason why they need to play doubles only at VGC, you can't balance singles anymore.
Doubles has been the official format since gen 3, iirc. They obviously don't care for balance in singles, but megas have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>27719009
To expand on this basically there are two of every region existing an parallel universes. One with megas and one without megas. The strange souvenir is basically a hit of Alola as a whole not megas confirmed OR deconfirmed.
Let's just wait and see.
>>
I hope they do, it was an interesting experimental mechanic but it was ultimately a failure in my opinion. The designs are mostly shit and most Pokemon are too overpowered with them.
>>
>>27719756
and another thing, some of the ones that aren't overpowered are practically pointless to use. Only a small handful benefit from mega evolution without breaking the game in the process. I wouldn't have a problem with seeing them go, and it'd be easy to do considering PokeBank will likely be the only way to transfer from XY/ORAS, and held items aren't allowed in there.
>>
>>27710866
> it would seem pretty fucking retarded to just retcon them out of the games
It makes sense tor etcon them out of the games, in the same way they could erase the incense shit for baby pokemon
>>
>>27719457
>[Non multiplayer pokefag here]

No wonder you think that drivel is well thought out.

Besides Salamence the strongest Pokemon megas are shitmon megas. Things like Mega Garchomp, Tyranitar and Latios are WORSE than their base form, so how the fuck do they imbalance the meta? His argument is completely backwards.
>>
>>27718699
THIS
PRIMAL KYUREM WHEN
>>
File: 1467243766738.gif (408KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
1467243766738.gif
408KB, 500x345px
>>27722235
I'll completely defer to your opinion assuming you are, yourself, a multiplayer... Player.

But from the outside looking in, that summation seems logical.

So, how is Salamance's mega an improvement while the others are worse or just equal?

Again, not trolling, honestly curious.
>>
>>27710866
They're guaranteed to be back due to the Mega Stone spot on the Z-Bracelet and the fact that it's important for certain Pokémon in battle, but don't forget the multidimensional stuff from ORAS.
>>
>>27710866
They're not retconned. You memesters need to stop being autistic.

Will we get new ones in SM? That's still a possibility.
Could they focus on new stuff and add no new megas but still have mega stones somewhere? Yes.
Could the addition of megas be something we only see in remakes going forward? I know I wouldn't mind that.
>>
Gen 6 isn't actually cannon. It was just a test to see how fans would react to megas and there were mixed reactions so they made ORAS for the ones who liked it and agreed to drop them from gen 7.
>>
>>27713951
>what is wrong with Mega Evolutions?
Many things
-It's premise its forced in-game, what the game implies makes sense for some megas but then we have cases like charizard having two (why?) or legendarios having them (special case, mewtwo having two)
-Metagame became shit when megas were introduced, now every player uses almsot the same team with little to no variations
-Some pokemon received megas that didnt make them better (see, audino)
In resume, Megas were introduced for the cool factor, catering some genwunners and toy potential for kids
>>
>>27722936
As far as I can tell, It's literally just Aerialate. That said, -ates are damn nice, with a 30% boost and then getting stab as well?
>>
>>27722936
How they allocated the boosted stats and the ability.

MTyranitar isn't worse than base Tyranitar, is way bulkier and its slighty faster so it can pull off Dragon Dance sets again. But that cost either the monstruous pressure that CB Tyranitar brings to the field, or Pursuit-Trap with the Scarf. Is not an optimal Mega.

MGarchomp is objetively worse, its ability is Weather reliant and its slower, base 102 is what made Garchomp great, now at base 92 isn't that good.

Salamence got an absurd boost to its defense, a reasonable boosts to its speed and the rest dumped on the other three stats. Sure, it's base attack and special attack isn't that huge, but factoring Aerilate it blows off the water since it can learn Double-Edge, Return and obviously Facade for physical Sets, alongside its coverage. Or fucking Hyper Voice -arguably the best -ate move to use- for Special Variants.

MSalamence was deliberately made better, meanwhile MTyranitar is just the same but bigger, and MGarchomp is actually worse.
>>
>>27715058
>The genies cause a much bigger upset.
Not like M kangaskhan or Primal groudon/kyogre,also
>still calling them genies and not inari trio
>>
>>27713951
I like it for Pokemon like Beedrill, because it's a fully evolved Pokemon that needed a boost.

For pokemon like Mawile though, I dislike it because Mawile should have just gotten a regular evolution.

I like the idea of megas, but I think they should be given to Pokemon that have already evolved twice but still need a boost.
>>
>>27723282
Yes, they should have set that as the criteria, they should have all been third-stage with a <500 BST, any other Pokemon could have gotten a regular evo instead.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.