[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i wonder what /vp/ thinks of alolan raichu...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: raichui.jpg (80KB, 840x475px) Image search: [Google]
raichui.jpg
80KB, 840x475px
i wonder what /vp/ thinks of alolan raichu...
>>
>>27707391
I am not /vp/ but I love it.
>>
"Even Pokémon researchers don’t know why Raichu’s form changed in the Alola region. The people of Alola seem unconcerned by the question. Their guess: maybe it ate too many sweet and fluffy round pancakes!"
>>
It's ears bother me
>>
>>27707391
I like it, it reminds me of Kirby Air Ride
>>
wow we haven't had this thread 5 times already
>>
It's better than regular Raichu.
>>
>>27707391
Like the typing and the ability, hate the design.
>>
>>27707461
I like how this is like a huge fuck you from nintendo to this raichu´s haters.

It´s like, we don´t care faggot, with love, nintendo.
>>
I love it.
>>
>>27707522
how could you hate this design? it's cute!
>>
It's smaller, cuter, and surprising. But I kinda wish Pikachu would evolve into one in the anime.
>>
>>27707391
I saw /vp/ heading down to page 4 earlier. Maybe they're still there?

As for myself, I like it quite a bit.
>>
>>27707391
Raichu is my favorite pokemon of all time. I'm glad to see my old buddy get some recognition but I don't know how I feel about it.The design itself hasn't changed much it's just fluffier.

Would have to see it in motion.
>>
I prefer normal Raichu but I fucking love Raichu in general so I'm hyped.
>>
its adorable. too bad they went with a cop-out of an excuse of "lol we dunno" as to how it changed/adapted in alola.
>>
>>27707627
>Would have to see it in motion.
Watch the trailer
>>
I love that it's model is surfing on it's own tail.
>>
>>27707391
>Ash-Pikachu never wanted to evolve because it was secretly Alolan this whole time
>being back in the environment allows it to evolve into Alolachu
Cap this, lads
>>
>>27707465
Same here
>>
>>27707391
i like the idea of it surfing on its own tail but i don't care about the rest 2bh. the design isn't good enough imo, the ability is a special snowflake thing that won't be used much, the typing is weird and the justification is weak (or better: non-existing).
>>
>>27707763
>the ability is a special snowflake thing that won't be used much
Just like Swift Swim.
Oh wait.
>>
>>27707391
he is like a round fluffy pancake ~( ^o^)~
>>
File: 1410198467643.jpg (101KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
1410198467643.jpg
101KB, 960x544px
>>27707391
disgusting, while there is not a single alolan forme I like this takes the cake as a new low. game freak doesnt'even have an explanation as to why it changed
>>
>>27707793
except rain is actually good and useful outside of abilities since it cuts fire moves. electric terrain doesn't help anything defensively, and doesn't even allow you to run resttalk sets simultaneously.
and most swift swim users are shit. literally no swift swim user is even OU, or in the top used VGC mons.
>>
>>27707817
>Being mad
>>
File: 083 - BJ8kC5P.jpg (30KB, 277x218px) Image search: [Google]
083 - BJ8kC5P.jpg
30KB, 277x218px
>>27707817
how is this a new low? please clarify.
>>
>>27707874
It's an awful design all around.
>>
>>27707793

The difference is rain is a common weather effect, with an ability that incites it and a hold item that prolongs it.

Electric terrain is some bullshit they added because they wanted more weather, but they couldnt think of any actual types of weather that aren't already portrayed in the game that would cause new effects.
>>
>>27707874
dedenne looks more like raichu than this fluffy merch-bait does
>>
File: giphy(2).gif (1013KB, 500x375px)
giphy(2).gif
1013KB, 500x375px
>>27707391
Meme
>>
>>27707391
Looks a bit off, ears are glued on, arms are even shorter.
>>
>>27707391
FUCKING FUCK
GUESS WHAT KIDS SHARP OBJECTS ARE DANGEROUS
ALL POKEMON ARE ROUND AND CUTESY NOW HAVE FUN WEAR YOUR HELMET

GOD DAMN IT

if they had just fucking left in some points this wouldnt be as bad as it is
>>
>>27707391
no matter what 'form' it is you will be stuck with the same base stats. The only pokemon with potential with its alternant form is executor and maybe ninetails. They will have to gimp his speed to add to other stats just to benifit from the ability, even then, eletric terrian sucks.
>>
>>27708078
you can still use regular raichu anyuway
>>
>>27707391
I love it!!! Honestly why is regular raichus character model so shit? Ugh
>>
>>27707391
It got rid of the weird elf ears, so I like it.
>>
>>27708087
base stats cap i mean*
>>
>>27708089
yeah but you cant evolve a pikachu in this game without it becoming alola form right?

plus electric psychic are my two favorite types so this just frustrates me
>>
>>27708078
Its easier to make plushies and toys this way. TPCI is merchandise company in charge of GameFreak
>>
>>27708115
we don't know for sure that yet. maybe it has to be caught in alola, so you can just transfer or trade one
>>
>>27708078
People on 4chan make fun of SJWs for seeing politics in everything, but people like you are just as easily offended as anybody who ever complained about the patriarchy. Like, seriously, you really are sad cause big bad gamefreak took away your POINTY MOUSE TAIL? Are you being oppressed right now? Does nobody respect your patrician love of spiky mice? Is Gamefreak sending a message to all you underrepresented sharp tail-kin?Damn dude good luck fighting the power.
>>
>>27708078
>Megas/edgier Alolan forms come out
>WAAAAH THEIR 2 EDGY POKIMONS ARENT SUPOSE TO BE LIK DAT
>an Alolan form with smooth edges comes out
>WAAAAAH ITS 2 SMOOTH ME NO LIKEY MOM ITS NOT MY POKIMANS
Fuck off, the lot of you.
>>
>>27707391
I like it, it's cute. I want a plush of it.
>>
>>27708140
my dissapointmen with gamefreaks overly rounded and continually degrading artstyle aside, i was mostly joking, over reacting for the sake of comedy

while I much prefer the original raichu, and I dont agree with this new design, Im not some idiot who sees a post online and writes a huge diatribe about SJW's when we were talking about a damn kids game lol
>>
Rounded edges and the somewhat diluted colors make it really look like those Chinese bootleg vectors.
>>
>>27708140
Anon is not forcing is bullshit into higher education programmes, mass media shows and law.
>>
>>27707391
Best Alolan form yet. Maybe even the best gen 7 pokemon yet.
>>
>>27708186
The "I was pretending to be retarded" defense is so old that it is a meme even /b/ is sick off. Try something else.
>>
>>27707391
>audino clone

Lol Game Freak hates Raichu so bad
>>
>>27708140
well there is the manga, ya know, where pokemon die n shit. Ya it's a fantasy world but it can be a bit frustrating as it seems we depart from the older generations sense of real life danger to fantesy danger. Like we can compair the world at danger vs mobsters, the world seems like a big deal. But as a person if a sense of urgency and emergian isnt built than the threat of mobsters is going to seem on par or even more so than the latter. Especially when at the end we find out its never really resolved and open ended. You gotta admit we are slowly departing from what rpg monsters to fantasy monsters.
>>
>>27708253
pretending to be retarded, and being overly dramatic is two very different things

the difference being i wont be enraged all day from some person on the internet

have fun living life as an angry muppet
>>
>>27707391
I like that GF has at least decided to recognize it exists again after over a decade of "PLZ FORGET WE DID THIS USE PIKACHU INSTEAD!"

Too bad they gave it the most useless ability they possibly could.
>>
>>27707524
gamefreak*
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.