[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wishiwashi?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6

File: how do you work.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
how do you work.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sybIcg44oM

Wait a minute, how does Wishiwashi work?

Does he evolve? or not?

Someone explain
>>
are you retarded?
>>
It literally says "Wishiwashi: School FORM".
It has the same name. It sas right there that it's a form.

What is it that you don't understand?
>>
>>27700025
i hope not
>>27700046
so is he always in the form after hitting the right level?
>>
Basically just an evolution hiding in plain sight. It's possible they'll give it amazing stats but since it basically doesn't have an ability it balances it out.
>>
It's an ability that allows it to change form in battle at a certain level
>>
>>27700046
but it says FORM
not FORME
FORME is what pokemon usually uses...
>>
>>27700074

No. After hitting the right level he will automatically transform into his School Form when entering the battle, but outside of battle it will just be the lone fish.
>>
>>27700074
We still do not know any more than what was shown in the video. We know as much as you do because that's all that has been revealed.

>>27700091
Here's your (You)
>>
>>27700110
Thats stupid and useless
>>
>>27700013
If Fish is Greater than or equal to the required level then it goes school form when it enters battle.
as this is an Ability something that removes abilities removes School form.
>>
>>27700091
"Forme" is only used with legendaries I'm pretty sure
>>
I wonder if there's multiple school form of wishiwashi based on it's level. When it is still on the weaker level, the school form consist of smaller number of wishiwashi and with different fish shape. the wishiwashi school form that we saw in the leak is the "ultimate" form. Whta do you guys think?
>>
>>27700127

How so? We know nothing about the stats of School Form.
>>
>>27700074
I'm sure this will be explained on the official site, but it seems like its an auto-activated form once you hit a certain level. It's functionally similar to an evolution, but it can be surpressed with Gastro Acid or Worry Seed and the like.
>>
>>27700013
We're not entirely sure how it works yet.

When Wishiwashi reaches a certain level, it doesn't evolve, but its ability allows it to change into School Form. Nobody knows what the specific prerequisites to this form are, or why it doesn't just evolve instead.

My guess is that it starts out as a Magikarp/Feebas/Stunfisk-esque Pokemon, but because it doesn't TURN into a badass like Gyarados, it gets a form instead of an evolution. Maybe all Magneton-style, strength-in-numbers evolutions from this point forward will be forms.

Things we can probably assume:
>Gyarados' base stats are likely higher than Wishiwashi's-- is this what triggers the change in form? It's very possible that this is a prerequisite.
>At least level 50, but the prerequisite is likely much lower (Magikarp evolves at level 20 for example).
>>
>>27700113
dumb fucking fag, it was a legitimate post and just something I noticed you idiot. This is the first time they've done something like this
>>27700141
See, this anon was polite. Learn to be like him you milky licker.
>>
I sure hope its stats are good, the 3d model looks rad
>>
>>27700127
It's literally the same thing as evolving except it doesn't have an ability you tard
>>
>>27700147

That would be really great, but I'm not sure if I have faith Game Freak would put that much effort into this.
>>
>>27700147
That would be cool but they would've have revealed it if it was the case, no? Maybe they simplified it for the announcement, but I think that's unlikely.
>>
>>27700141
Other than Aegislash, yeah
>>
School form is probably REALLY good, like Slacking tier good, or something like that.

So probably Wishiwashi can only get into school form at full HP, or can only do so after it's first turn after being sent to battle, or something?
>>
OP here, glad to see some other people are confused too.
Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
>>
>>27700187

So will this thing be a 600+ BST monster to make up for effectively not having an ability? That would certainly be a lot better than saddling a high BST 'mon with a shitty constantly debilitating ability.
>>
>>27700013
Mini pokemon gets into battle, ability activates, it changes form into big pokemon.

No, Worry Seed and Mold Breaker won't stop it.
>>
>>27700238
but why not just evolve it?
Is this game freak trying to a pull a "new idea"?
>>
File: valzy.jpg (72KB, 601x401px) Image search: [Google]
valzy.jpg
72KB, 601x401px
>>27700013
Did somebody say Iwashi?
>>
ATTENTION

THIS ABILITY ONLY WORKS IF YOU'RE IN A "SEA" OR "WATER" AREA.

WISHIWASHI CONFIRMED SHIT TIER SINCE HE WILL BE USELESS ONLINE AND 50% OF THE GAME.
>>
>>27700298
prove it
>>
>>27700238
But you're wrong.
That's clearly the point of the evolution being an ability, that if you take it away, the transformation goes away too.

I agree with people above that said it might have Slaking tier stats, but the ability would be its weak point.
>>
So... what exactly is even the point?
>>
>>27700308
Watch the video, faglord, it only appears in water battles.

I'm just pulling shit out my ass, but if that is the case then fucking why GF?
>>
>>27700345
it probably isn't the case since it says its based on wishiwashi's level
>>
>>27700298
thats the sort of idea that sounds cool, so you have him in your party the whole game, then you realize that you've wasted a slot the whole game
>>
>>27700334
I'm pretty sure the point of it being an ability is that the Pokemon in question doesn't evolve, it just gets a bunch of friends together, and also because it's a neat concept for a school of fish.

I can't really comment on how that works if the ability goes away though. I guess if Zen mode Darmanitan switches back with ability loss this does too?
>>
Do you think School Form will have preset stats?
Or will it alter Wishiwashi's base stats somehow (i.e. all stats double)
>>
>>27700229
Given that any kind of ability fuckery (Worry Seed, Mummy, Skill Swap, Gastro Acid) will pretty much turn this thing into a Goldeen, it better have some monster stats in school form
>>
>>27700375
What do you mean? It could go like this:

>After reaching lvl 50, every time you fight in a water area wishiwashi's schooling activates

That'd be dumb though, so I'm assuming this is more like Defeatist, a cool ability with a really bad downside.

>>27700449
Pretty sure It'll be a modifier.

Or if GF wants to go full retard, it will have monster base stats so casuals can use wishiwashi to carry them through the game and make it useless in the meta,
>>
>>27700496
Mummy is the only one of those things even barely relevant.

I mean, maybe they'll BECOME more relevant if this thing is a monster, but still...

Oh, and Skill Swap probably won't work on it. Transformation abilities are usually protected from that, more so the game doesn't crash when something gets Cherrim's ability or something.
>>
>>27700176
How I see it, WishiWashi has the ability to call out several wild ones to form big fish needs to have a certain level of strength in order to command other wishiwashi to join him. Thus he needs a certain level to use his form
>>
>>27700506
>After reaching lvl 50, every time you fight in a water area wishiwashi's schooling activates

well it doesnt say that so i assume that's not how it works
>>
>>27700560
Like a certain competence/the wild ones need to deem it strong enough/worthy? Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

It's definitely a fair assumption.
>>
>>27700578
Hopefully it doesn't, because I want that nigga in my team.
>>
I love the concept and execution of this Pokemon. I think I've found the Water type for my playthrough. Naming it Dr. Shoals.
>>
It's literally just going to be an evolution except as an ability. After reaching a certain level, the ability will activate when it enters battle and it'll form change.

It'll probably have busted stats in exchange for effectively not having an ability.
>>
>>27700597
Yeah something like that. Can't have every single newborn wishiwashi calling out a school of peers to beat up a bully
>>
>>27700298

That's where Water Terrain comes in dingus.
>>
Whats the point of making it change every time it goes into battle once it reaches a certain level? Why not just make it an evolution, they're kind of the same.
>>
>>27700767
That's why i (OP) was confused.
>>
>>27700767

They didn't want it to be a permanent change, obviously. It's not like Magneton or Dugtrio, the fish only form schools when necessary.
>>
File: SamusShowedUp.gif (181KB, 405x414px) Image search: [Google]
SamusShowedUp.gif
181KB, 405x414px
>>27700013
Hope
>level based, higher the level stronger the form
>grants some measure of defence beyond stats
>Not reliant on HP, just how much damage this 'out'

Reality
>'At level 20 you eat a lightbulb'
>bound by location
>defeatist reskin
>>
Well, looks like from the new jap trailer that'll change back when it takes a certain amount of damage. Defeatist 2.0 effectively.

I'll still use it.
>>
>>27700013
>Yowashi -> Wishiwashi
I love what the localization team did with this one.
>>
>>27700538
Maybe they have the ability only work for the pokemon that said transformation ability works on and not any other Pokemon that can possibly get it.
>>
>>27700000
>>
File: Hopes Deleted.gif (781KB, 498x280px) Image search: [Google]
Hopes Deleted.gif
781KB, 498x280px
>It's Defeatist all over again.
>>
Its probably more like Aegislash. It always has the school ability, but it doesn't learn it's king shield equivalent until a certain level.
>>
>>27702096
Schooling: Alters the Pokémon's form in battle. If health drops below a certain level, the form reverts.
>>
>>27700449
>>27700506
Forms are stored in the games as separate Pokemon, so it will have separate base stats, not just "a modifier".
>>
File: 1461737169680.jpg (75KB, 606x496px) Image search: [Google]
1461737169680.jpg
75KB, 606x496px
>Defeatist again but cooler I guess

It better compensate statwise or Wishwashi will be dropped faster than Archeops did.
>>
>>27702699
Well based on how much damage Brine Blast did to Magnezone at their levels, it would have around 170-180 Sp. Atk.
>>
>see new trailer
And dropped
>>
>>27702699
Defeatist isn't nearly as bad as it made out to be. Archeops is fragile enough that most moves that would drop it below half health would kill it or nearly do so anyway. All it really does is mean theres no option for a bulkier roost set, its pure glass cannon.

As for Schooling, I guess we'll have to wait and see. I can't imagine it having speed like Archeops, so it'll need some real bulk to have any chance competitively.

Of course in game it should be just fine and thats what GF cares about.
>>
What attack did Magnezone use? The fact that Wishiwashi survived an electric attack from it interests me, Magnezone's Special Attack is nothing to scoff at
>>
What kind of recovery is it likely to wind up having? Rest only?
>>
>>27702957
Was it volt turn?
>>
>>27702917
>bullet punch
>rock/flyng stab, no fire. That means he won't be able to pass over 40% of OU metagame
>mach punch is neutral, maybie breelom can drop it half hp
>stealth rock deals 25% since rock doesn't ressist rock so it's much more possible that he will become useless soon
>literally useless if 50% hp
>>
>>27702974
pretty sure it's the never missing electric move with 60bp
>>
>>27700091
It's a poor translation.

The words they use in Japanese have "form" as a more mundane thing for non-legendary Pokemon, and "forme" for legendary ones. It's a completely different word in Jap.
>>
>>27702978
I didn't say Archeops was GOAT Uber No1 for life, I said defeatist isn't as bad as its made out to be cause it'd normally die soon anyway. It's a revenge killer, with acrobatics, earthquake and endeavor to cripple something else if it does survive on low HP, it can do some work
>>
>>27703054
Thing is most of the moves or typing used at this meta make this mon completly useless, it's a beast pokemon that's right, good speed good attack, physicall rock flyng alakazam, but even in UU he can be easily walled out and transforming it into a sacc
>>
>>27702917
It does mean that it's almost impossible to switch it in - it has a fair amount of resistances thanks to Rock-type, after all. It would also be a much better U-turner if it were able to switch into Stealth Rock more than twice without crippling itself.

Honestly, its stats aren't that great to warrant such a bad ability. For Slaking I can understand, but why not give Archeops Early Bird as a hidden ability? Probably wouldn't even be OP.
>>
>>27703116
also
>swiching in with a revenge killer
>with defeatist
are you fucking stupid or youre stuck in 1.1k elo
>>
>>27703115
Do you think Archeops has any relevance in Doubles? I suppose getting a teammate to swap abilities with it would be too much of a hassle.

Just curious, as somebody who doesn't know a lot about the competitive scene but is working on perfect IV 'mon.
>>
>>27703115
Yeah, he struggles with all the strong priority around. I confess mine normally survive to the end of matches I use him in, buy he'll normally take down one or two enemies with him
>>
>>27703133
Are you able to read? I'm telling you that Defeatist is a major part of the reason you can't do the things I described.
>>
>>27703154
Mine DON'T survive to the end of the match, my bad
>>
>>27703149
Personally, in doubles there's no time for setups unless it's a game winning setup like tail wind or trick room, but can work one or two games, however you won't be able to 2hko most legends with archeops
>>27703154
He also struggels with really bulk stuff like ferrothorn and landorus
>>27703166
even tho it was a lopunny you wouldn't be able to swap in it, it's not defeatist it's 80 base defense
>>
>>27702714

That was Hydro Pump
>>
>>27703223
Are you suggesting that literally everything can OHKO Archeops?

As an example, you could easily switch it into Ambipom's Fake Out, then tank a Return or Knock Off or something if not for Defeatist. No-one's saying that Archeops is a tank. The problem is just that Defeatist cripples it in many unnecessary ways. Can't use a Life Orb effectively, can't deal with Stealth Rock at all, can't switch into anything. Not to mention the fact that its strongest move is Head Smash, which basically cripples it upon use.
>>
>>27700013
it's probably similar to zen mode. but who knows?
>>
File: Pokémon.full.1353090.jpg (161KB, 669x636px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.1353090.jpg
161KB, 669x636px
>>27703223
>He also struggels with really bulk stuff like ferrothorn and landorus

Sure, but most pokemon have some things that shut them down hard. Thats not the issue.

>>27702978
>literally useless if 50% hp
I've been running Endeavour on mine for this reason; people always feel they can set up on low HP Archeops, and Endeavour can cripple them and either finish them off (even weakened, STAB Acrobatics does the job on a low HP enemy) or force them out

It doesn't work on a lot of things of course, but it gives him something to do. Rapid Spin, Defog and heal support all make him really good, but you can say that about a lot of pokemon
>>
>>27703378
Its a revenge killer, you're not supposed to be switching it in to anything, with the exception of things like ground attacks.
>>
>>27703513
And I'm saying there are situations where you might legitimately want to, but are unable to because of Defeatist. It'd be more versatile but not particularly overpowered if not for its ability.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.