[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Region Paths

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7

File: Region paths.png (67KB, 1628x653px) Image search: [Google]
Region paths.png
67KB, 1628x653px
Wonder what Alola's will be like
>>
>Kanto's region path

I have literally never gone this way. I always used to fly back to Kanto and surf from there.

...is...is that not the proper route?
>>
File: alola.png (4KB, 600x472px) Image search: [Google]
alola.png
4KB, 600x472px
>>27698857
>>
What's that huge chunk of Kalos that goes across the whole path for?
>>
>>27698879
why would you do that, surfing home to pallet from cinnabar feels lika good way to end the game ya know
>>
>>27698908
It's when you go back to Geosenge for the Team Flare shit.
>>
>>27698921
I wanted to get to Cinnabar faster.
>>
>>27698879
The non-autists did this.
>>
>>27698879
Kanto has a bit of freedom there, you can go either way.

Wow, the freedom of exploration.
>>
>>27698927
Then why isn't going to back to the desert for Team Plasma shit not included in Unova? Or going back to Goldenrod for the Radio Tower included in Johto.
>>
>>27698941
Maybe would have gone Fushia to Cinnibar if not for the millions of Cools and Cruels. Worse then fucking zubats. I mean throw in a few Goldeen or something.
>>
I'm kind of expecting something like Dragon Quest Monsters Joker's islands set up, but with actual sea routes.
>>
>>27698857
Based Kalos with the most interesting path design
>>
>>27698941
>wanting to fight through the map's entire length in tentacools
>>
File: z.png (932KB, 740x524px) Image search: [Google]
z.png
932KB, 740x524px
>>
>>27698857
Wow is Unova really that simple?
>>
>>27699011
>Z
>Pokemon Z
>Zygarde

What does it mean?
>>
>>27698961
That is actually a good point. Tgey should be updated
>>
>>27698961
Ask whoever made it, not me.
My guess is that it was in an attempt to shitpost, but it never caught on.
>>
>>27699022
It all comes together.
THIS
IS
THE
LAST
GAME
EXCEPT
MAYBE
PLATINUM
>>
>>27698992
>Kalos
>interesting
>>
>>27699063
Fuck off genwunner
>>
>>27699011
Son of a bitch.
>>
>>27699000
>Not using repel
>Not taking the shorter distance so you don't use up all your repel
>>
>>27699077
You don't need to be a genwunner to have good taste.
Kalos as a region and XY as a game is terrible in every aspect.
>>
>>27699100
Wew
>>
>>27699100
>muh nostalgia
>old regions were so much betterr

You fags are going to be saying the same shit about Alola in a year, now fuck off.
>>
>>27698879
>tfw I always went to Fuchsia first and then tracked back to Saffron to do all the Silph Co. shit
To this day I still hate that place. Fuchsia is still one of my favorite locations in the whole franchise.
>>
>>27699126
not him, but Kalos wasnt that good. Even if I dont want Kalos bitching shitting up my thread
>>
>>27699149
Fuck off to your old broken games and Go genwunfag
>>
>gen 3
>completely ignoring you have to travel back to fight your dad, which is still the only seen dad of the protagonist in the series
>>
>>27699126
>You fags
It's so easy to be ignorant when you pretend everyone with opinions you dislike is one person.
XY is absolute trash and is being improved upon in every aspect in SM. It will only be remembered fondly by people with shit taste that think it has anything worth revisiting for.
It will be completely obsolete come November 18th, at that point anyone that knows shit about the series will probably want to forget it exists.
>>
>>27699180
>he doesn't like the last game
>therefore he is a genwunner
Good job trying to fit in, summer.
>>
>>27699077
Since when does hating Gen 6 make a you a genwunner? If anything a shitload of genwunners are now getting back into Pokemon because of Go. Guess which new mainline game they go and play first and enjoy because it intentionally panders to these types of people?

Anyone that has been playing mainline Pokemon the whole time through knows Kalos is garbage.
>>
>>27698857
>>27698961
>>27699051
>>27699187

Things that are missing:
Kanto
>Rock Tunnel
Johto
>Goldenrod Radio Tower
Hoenn
>Rusturf Tunnel
>Norman battle
Unova 1
>Plasma-desert
>Trip back to the Museum

I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember all of the games.

>>27699133
Koga is the 5th Gym, so Fuchsia should be before Saffron on this map
>>
>>27699194
The newer pokemon games are always the best ones because of the new features and added pokemon you cockgobbling nostalgiawhore

Yes S/M will be better but X/Y were still better than all of the games prior to them
>>
>>27699187
Nigger also skipped the whole trek towards Celestic Town in Sinnoh.
>>
>>27699245
Oh, so you're just a troll?
Fuck off, then.
>>
>>27699265
Ten bucks says you're another BW2 nostalgiafag if not a genwunner
>>
>>27698857
>Unova's
I think some little camper is forgetting about Relic Castle again.

>>27699012
Pretty much. Unova offered optional backtracking rather than making it mandatory. For example, there's all of the area west of route 2 that can be explored, as well as the Moor of Icirrus and Mistralton Cave.
>>
>>27699245
there is absolutely no way this isn't bait.
>>
>>27699180
>gets afraid a Kalos whiner would ruin the thread
>a Kalosperm does instead

>>27699228
This all looks real hard to implement desu. Well, for me. All I added to this was the Safari Zone trip in Johto.

>>27699245
There are very few video games where the newest one is the best by default
>>
File: giphy.gif (863KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
863KB, 500x281px
>>27699245
I bet you enjoy deepthroating dicks :^)
>>
>>27699194
>>27699245
Wow, both of your opinions are absolute shit.
>>
>>27699194
XY are already obsolete
>>
I've never actually gone to Cinnabar from Fuchsia, or vice versa. I used to not know you could get through Seafoam.
>>
>>27699265
>>27699296

Not him, but I'm not a troll and I agree. Things like difficulty and region layout are so minor to me compared to game mechanics and new Pokémon. I never understand when /vp/ threads ask what my favorite game is. I can understand having a favorite generation of Pokémon or a favorite Region, but my favorite game is always the newest ones, and they always make the previous ones outdated and a bit unplayable to me. I can recognize that XYORAS lacked any postgame at all and were piss easy, but they're still Pokémon games and the core concept is stil fun and they have better mechanics and more Pokémon than the previous ones, so they're better games to me. I'm a Sinnohfoetus and everytime I try to start a newplaythrough of Platinum I can never finish it because of the static sprites, less Pokémon and everything being so slow.
>>
>>27699316
>There are very few video games where the newest one is the best by default

And Pokemon is one of them. Up to and including X/Y is literally just the same exact base formula with improvements; the games get progressively worse as you move back through the timeline.
>>
>>27699360
Adding to that, I agree that Sun and Moon will make XYORAS absolutely dated and aside from the 3D/Fairies/Megas/Amie it will be remembered as one of the blandest generations ever, and that Gen V has a better story, introduced more new Pokémon, had better postgame. But I still mantain that XYORAS are better to me right now than Gen V, simply for being more up to date.
>>
>>27699358
Same here. I always went back to Pallet town and then surfed to Cinnabar from there.
>>
>>27699363
This. Anything pre Gen V is basically unplayable to me, and I started with Crystal.
>>
>>27699363
>>27699457
Actually Platinum is the best one
>>
>>27699363
I get what you are saying, but even with those improvements added in XY, a large part of the formula was executed poorly leading to a less enjoyable experience overall (at least to me) than when I played Pl, HG (which I admit, are both hard to play again due to how slow the battles are) or W2.
>>
>>27699360
>>27699363
But not every change is an objective improvement. If a later game has what I consider a worse region, worse music or worse pokemon, I can easily find it worse because, as you said, the core of the games are the same. So being later isnt an inherent advantage.

The games arent constantly building on what's previously there, but has many different things that make each one unique. Say, if I really really loved the Pokeathelon or Contets, and a later game lacks them, that's a knock against it.

tldr, these things are simply not minor to other people.

For the record, I didnt like the region, story, characters, pokedex, or difficulty of XY. It'd be ridiculous if I still found it the best.

>>27699457
I thought it'd be hard to go back, but I played Emerald for the first time after XY and it waasnt hard at all. Playing HG right now and I'm having a blast.
>>
>>27699593
We'll just agree to disagree then. Although I have my personal favorite (Sinnoh for both music and region) I still like everything else almost as much, the difference is so little to me. Actually the only decisions in Pokémon that ever made me REEEEEEEE were Cresselia not being retconned to Psychic/Fairy and Hariyama's design. Feels good, man. I'm only into Pokémon for the self insertion and the fun and simple gameplay and the variety of amusing creatures and really the whole idea of the Pokémon world.
>>
>>27699457
I wish casuals would get off of a board of enthusiasts.
>>
>>27699752
I am an enthusiast though. I put countless hours into every main game that gets released. I kept up with every gen's pre-release hype since DP. I know every Pokémon, their types, names and what every move does. I know about lore, I like discussing both theories and canon info. Hell, I spend most of my online time doing Pokémon related stuff. I've been here since this board's first thread.

Just because I don't play the same way as you doesn't mean I'm a casual.
>>
>>27699593
>But not every change is an objective improvement. If a later game has what I consider a worse region, worse music or worse pokemon, I can easily find it worse because, as you said, the core of the games are the same. So being later isnt an inherent advantage.

Literal genwunner logic

Fuck off
>>
>>27699360
I've never been hard on for graphics myself. They can be nice, but they take a backseat for me personally. Gameplay comes first and foremost before anything else. And as for difficulty, if a game gets to easy it starts to feel boring.
>>
>>27698857
I never noticed how linear Unova 1 was.
>>
>>27699843
(You)
>>
>>27699856
I'm not even talking about graphics, though. Gen III and IV look perfectly fine to me, they have a nice aesthetic, but things like not having the Physical/Special Split, no Fairy type, no reusable TMs are mind-numbingly annoying to me now.
>>
>>27699878
It really is though. It's the exact logic every genwunner uses. "A game can objectively be a huge improvement over an earlier one but the earlier one is still better because muh nostalgia :^)"
>>
>>27699920
I agree with that, hence why I said gameplay. By adding features that add to the game I can definitely get behind. But it's the fact that as of late they have definitely been downplaying the difficulty for a younger audience. Not that pokemon was exactly hard to begin with, but still it's a little annoying.
>>
File: 1458341630042.png (57KB, 148x155px) Image search: [Google]
1458341630042.png
57KB, 148x155px
>>27699843
Are you retarded?

>>27699977
>objectively

So you are. No, story, music, pokemon and regions arent objective things. Kalosperm are the worst people here after Hoennfags and Genwunners.

>>27699920
Not for me, I just get used to what each game has while I play it.
>>
>>27700175
>posts genwunner logic
>I totally hate Genwunners tho guys ;^) ;^)

Nobody's buying it.
>>
>>27698857
Hoenn forgot to return to petalburg and totally skipped half the sea paths.

Kanto was done without going to dark tunnel and the general progression looks wrong, because it is.
>>
>>27700175
>>27700206
>>27699977
Guys guys guys, enough with the genwunner crap.

Gen1 was great, when it came out.
Gen2 was great, when it came out.
Gen3 same
You fucking get it.

Times change technology gets better. Evil people get more flamboyant and gay, and less evil.

Who gives a shit if someone likes Pokemon red. And not Pokemon game #76 it's their choice. And if their opinion is Pokemon X is better than Pokemon Y then let them have opinions.

Jesus there isn't a single correct best game.

I like red, I like gold, emerald, diamond, white, X and even the TCG gameboy color game. Because I grew up playing red. I didn't grow up playing Pokemon white.

The sooner you autistic kids realize the world doesn't revolve around your opinions and your various shades of rose tinted glasses the better.
But seriously I hope alola looks like Hawaii and does what my picture shows.

The orange and blue will be special evil organizations because you will constantly be going to their secret base in the open to fight, and will be dragged there many many times.

And yes it's gonna suck.

Oh and the alola league is in the middle. It's hard to see, but it's there.
>>
File: sketch-1470898458876.png (745KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1470898458876.png
745KB, 1440x2560px
>>27700619
Forgot the crappy sketch
>>
>>27700206
You are literally alone in this thread arguing with everyone else. (You) dont buy it because you're a retard.
>>
>>27700643
That's not even how Alola looks
>>
>>27700676
>You are literally alone in this thread arguing with everyone else.

No shit, /vp/ is filled with genwunner nostalgiafags and contrarians who shit on the latest games for the sake of it, this isn't new or surprising.
>>
>>27698879
don't the seafoam islands get in the way and prevent this or is that only fr/lg
>>
File: 1451489374886.png (34KB, 196x197px) Image search: [Google]
1451489374886.png
34KB, 196x197px
>>27700694
And I'm glad you are the shining star /vp/ needed with your bonafide right opinions to educate us peons.

Thank you for your tireless service.
>>
>>27700688
It will, after team planet or whatever terraforms the earth so the Pokemon of the moon and sun come down and kick their faces in.
>>
>>27700812
You can enter one side of Seafoam and exit the other, though, it's a pain so I like many others just go to Pallet and surf down from there.
>>
>>27698879
I always went to Pallet myself.
Didn't feel like going through Seafoam to get there.
>>
God unova was fucking shit
>>
>>27698961
I was the guy who made this originally. I noticed that there were quite a few errors (the biggest one being not going back to Petalburg to get the Balance Badge). I did post an updated version but OP didn't seem to save that one. I'm on my phone so I can't post it either.
>>
Alola
>scaling enemies
>take the islands in any order
Would you be hype or disappoint?
>>
>skipping content is a virtue
You remind of this kid I knew who asked me to show him to do a puzzle he couldnt beat. Thats cool. Playing his game I realised he skipped every trainer he could possibly avoid.
Why even play the game?
>>
>>27698857
These aren't including post game though
>>
>>27701131
Post game is pretty much free-roam, though. Sure, there's a few new areas unlocked, but there's no way to say which would go first.
There's a couple of free choices in story routes, but you can usually determine which direction should be taken by badge order or which way would look the prettiest.
>>
>>27701032
It was very linear. Maybe it's because it was based off ameridumb burgerclaps :^)
>>
>>27701032
It literally doesn't matter at all how complicated the path is, the only thing that changes is whether you turn or not.
>>
>>27702136
I'm still certain we have more linear styled games with less option in progression order because last time they really tried that with Johto, everyone complained the level curve was shit.
>>
>>27698857
Kanto route?

It's literally the only region that doesnt enforce a route on you. I always skip celadon and rush to fuschia then go to cinnabar then saffron then celadon.

also
>going through seafoam islands
I've never done this, I just fly to pallet and surf to cinnabar.
>>
>>27701094
Itd be cool if you (or anyone) could post the updated version, because right now its a little ridiculous

And I'd like to have a more accurate version
>>
>>27706341
make it yourself? literally 5 minutes in paint
>>
>>27706589
I honestly just can't be bothered. Plus my memory if these paths isn't perfect besides the Johto and Unova 1 oath
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.