[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommended games for beginners?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: pokemon.jpg (18KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.jpg
18KB, 300x168px
Hi /vp/ I'm completely new to the pokemon series and I want to start playing pokemon whit sun and moon. Can you guys recommend me some games so I can start learning the names of the pokemons? I only know few and that is why I want to learn, and also I have a lot of time to play. If possible I would like to play them on an emulator (I'm waiting to see if nintendo is going to make a new 3ds skin with the legendary pokemons of sun and moon)
>>
>>27690937
FireRed/LeafGreen (GBA)
HeartGold and SoulSilver (DS)
Platinum (DS)
Black/White (DS)
Black2/White2 (DS)
X/Y (3DS)
ORAS (3DS)
>>
>>27690937
The first game you should look into is the Drayano hack of Sacred Gold/Storm Silver. It has the first 4 generations of Pokemon, and is a remake of the Gen 2 games.

After that, do Volt White/Blaze Black, also by Drayano. That's the 5th generation.

Lastly, look for a hack of X or Y to play. You can also play Rising Ruby/Sinking Sapphire to be the most up to date, since it has Megas and some forms not found in X/Y. This is the 6th generation.
>>
>>27690937
I would start with Firered or Leafgreen version. It's easily emulated as it's a GBA title, and it's a remake of the very first games, so it's like starting at the beginning, just no ugly graphics and bad glitches.

Then I'd suggest Heartgold and Soulsilver, the remakes of the second gen games or Platinum, the improved version of gen 4's Diamond and Pearl. Those are all DS titles and easily emulated as well.
>>
>>27691034
If he's new, he shouldn't start off by playing hacks, even minor ones like Drayano's. He should get used to vanilla games first.
>>
>>27691004
Add Emerald in between HeartGold and SoulSilver. OR/AS can't compete, and it's better to see the difference.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 691x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 691x350px
>>27690937
Their is one. It comes out the same day as the games
>>
>>27691004
I'm >>27691060 and this is pretty much the order I'd recommend, but maybe minus the 3DS titles since you want to see if they come out with special edition 3DS systems.
If you already aren't aware, paired versions like Firered and Leafgreen are pretty much the same game, just with minor variations on which wild pokemon are available and which legendary pokemon you can get.
>>
File: tmp_29978-1470525365890902298568.jpg (369KB, 780x1048px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_29978-1470525365890902298568.jpg
369KB, 780x1048px
>>27690937
I recommend playing HGSS or Platinum to get used to the series.
I won't recommend Gen 1 and 6 because Gen 6 is easy and could probably spoil you when you play the other games, and Gen 1 is too broken and outdated. (If you want more info about Gen 1, look at the image)
>>
>>27691084
If he's going to play on an emulator, he should play games that give him the most to take advantage of. He can't get trade evolutions in non-modded games, for example. And he should have that luxury since he's playing catch-up.
>>
>>27690937
Im in the same boat as you. I just finished Fire Red.
Soul Silver and Omega Ruby are on the way and then Ill jump to X.

Im holding up on Platinum and BW until Sun/Moon comes out I dont want to overwhelm my self and enjoy this new generation with my wife playing at the same time.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.