[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im starting to notice what it is about Gen 7 that bothers me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Nigga.jpg (78KB, 832x584px) Image search: [Google]
Nigga.jpg
78KB, 832x584px
Im starting to notice what it is about Gen 7 that bothers me.

The artwork for these Pokemon are absolutely atrocious.

The 3D Models are clearly a lot better looking and make the pokemon look more appealing, but the 2D artwork ruins a lot of them.

Who the fuck is in charge?
>>
Yeah, I've noticed it too. The art for the humans, Zygarde, Magearna, and Alolan forms are fine because Sugi is clearly still doing those but the art for the new Pokemon is deviantart fakemon tier.
>>
I'm guessing it's a result of the designs being spread among more and more people, while the final official art is all done by 1 person.
>>
Holy shit you're right. The videos look great so far, but the drawings make them look hideous.
>>
>>27690819
Yeah the new submarine fish school looks so much better in it's 3D model.

Combination of the artwork being mediocre + 3D models having movement
>>
>>27690819
I hope we see some actually good art. After all, the artwork is the first thing people see, and if it's bad, they may miss out on something great
>>
Bun
>>
It's because Pokemon are being designed with 3D in mind now.
It was exactly the same with XY/ORAS. A good example is Mega Sharpedo, whose artwork looks fucking atrocious. However, the ingame model has fairly different proportions, and the spikes are sheathed for the most part.
Then again, Meowth shouldn't be hard to fuck up, but its artwork looked wayy different than the model we saw; whereas the model has proportions closer to normal Meowth, the artwork for Alolan Meowth has tiny feet and smaller facial features.
>>
>>27690819
The art has been pretty bad even in gen 6, most noticeably the trainers with the soulless eyes.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.