[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it ever acceptable to savescum?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 03_Menu_MysteryZone_Save01.jpg (98KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
03_Menu_MysteryZone_Save01.jpg
98KB, 360x270px
Is it ever acceptable to savescum?
>>
>>27687855
I once tried to abuse savescumming by saving before letting my clock roll over in Emerald to the next day to reset the secret number used for the lottery/Mirage Island and checking with the old man. By not saving if he said no and then soft resetting, the number wouldn't be locked in and would reroll again when I loaded the save, letting me check hundreds of times in minutes.

I did this for two months, patiently waiting for him to say he saw the island.

He didn't.
>>
>>27688141
Mirage island was such a bullshit

I'd have preferred some obscure/hard method to make it appear, kinda like that tower with the fossils that appears when you talk with the hiker in fallarbor or getting all gold symbols at the frontier.

I'll never be able to get a Liechi berry legitimately on gen III.
>>
>>27688344
I even tried a different method too, by filling every slot in my PC with shitmons caught on the first route, then saving once to lock in the number, and manually checking each and every Pokemon with the guy. Only one Pokemon whose secret ID matches the secret number is needed to make the island appear, and it increased the chance of it appearing to about 1:156 per day this way.

However, you can't run or use the bike in Pacifidlog Town, so doing this took about 2 hours of excruciating pain each day.

I wish I had just gotten the damn berry so I could at least get some closure after that. But the island continues to elude and haunt me.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.