[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay.. So

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

File: okay so.png (307KB, 439x528px) Image search: [Google]
okay so.png
307KB, 439x528px
This is a screenshot from one of the mini Chinese trailers, would this not disprove the multi-evolution leaks?
>>
Alt formes.
>>
No, because they are form changes. Meowstic or Wormadam don't get separate dex entries.

The multi evo shit is definitely fake, though.
>>
>>27673128
see that makes more sense but a lot of people are saying that the leaks state completely different evolution paths so im just in need of clarification
>>
>what is sawbuck and it's preevo
>what is aegislash sword and shield frome
>what is pyroar male and female
>what is meowstic male and female
>what is frillish and jellicent male and female
>>
>>27673133
one of the leaks mentioned some stones completely changing a pokemon's form maybe those stones give us the alt formes for the final evos?
>>
>>27673135
Sawsbuck is seasonal. Doesn't change type.
Aegislash's sword change is a unique ability based on an attack.
Pyroar, Meowstic, Frillish, and Jellicent are gender differences, not forms.

What people are suggesting are forms that have different types? I think
>>
>what is alolan sandshrew and sandslash
>what is alolan vulpix and ninetales
>what is alolan exeggutor
>what is alolan meowth
>what is alolan marowak
>>
>>27673135
>>27673257
things we haven't seen in the dex
>>
>>27673159
Meowstic has different movepool and stats depending on their gender though
>>
>>27673135
Forms of the same Pokemon, not a split evolution.
>>
>>27673279
huh i should try raising a female one for once
>>
>>27673281
Yeah, so they could be just different forms when they evolve similar to Meowstic. Not that I believe the leaks.
>>
>>27673120
I'm going to say that the rumoured split evolution are depending on the gender. Sharing the same type and stats but having different move sets.
>>
>>27673264
precisely this

we dont know enough for the alolan versions of the pokemon, but we know the previous pokemon you stated DO NOT get seperate slots in the pokedex for their different 'formes'
>>
>>27673304
kind of like, extreme gender differences in the pokemon? man, getting a female starter is already just a 12% chance, that would make getting the female forme exceptionally annoying to get at the start of the game... Many soft resets to be had
>>
>>27673159
>Darmanitan
>Wormadam
>Shaymin
>Arceus
And that's the problem - even Pokemon with different types in different forms don't get separate Pokedex entries.

>>27673281
To be fair, nowhere have I seen it mentioned that they were split evolutions. If you're referencing the "leaked" pokedex with Quasaur and such, Robinroot, Beltigre, and Sirene's other forms are still listed under the same dex number. Even if you can't freely change their secondary typings, they wouldn't be shown as separate dex entries since they aren't considered separate Pokemon.
>>
>>27673264
Do you honestly think they will classify the alolan forms as different pokemon in the dex? That's as retarded as classifying male and female nidoran as different pokemon.
>>
>>27673342
now these four pokemon are incredible points. With Darmanitan becoming Fire/Psychic at half health, and wormadam being able to be ground, steel, or grass & bug.

I would chalk up Darmanitans non extra poke slot due to his type change being because of an ability, i cannot give wormadam an excuse though
>>
>>27673159
Alright new approach...I'm just trying to see that sticks

Darumaka normal and zen mode
Shaymin normal and sky forme
giratina forms
Mega evos if they count
Kyurem, kyurem black and white
>>
>>27673395
Mega evos are tricky as they are so incredibly temporary

also I just remembered Rotom so my idea was just shot in the face
>>
>>27673133
the leaks also said that they'd still only take 1 dex slot
>>
>>27673414
the mystery deepens.... who will these extra pokemon types/formes/what have you be?
>>
>>27673413
Oh yeah rotom too.

Hoopa/unbound
The new zygarde forms potentially
Meg...err primal Groudon/Kyogre

That's it I think? Aside from minor things like cosplay pika and that notch eared pichu in gen 4
>>
>>27673133
I'm pretty sure the "confirmed" leaks and the ones saying there would be multiple starter evolutions aren't the same ones.
>>
The thing I'm more interested in is who has the litten? Hau chooses the starter weak to yours, so how did they see a litten in the dex?
>>
>>27673439
man that notch eared pichu tho... would have loved to be able to transfer that precious bab to my current games
>>
>>27673133
>what is Wormadam
>>
>>27673452
maybe... Lillie?
>>
File: Deoxysformen.jpg (51KB, 563x293px)
Deoxysformen.jpg
51KB, 563x293px
>>
>>27673452
Maybe when you're picking your starter all three get registered into the dex

Because that shit never made any sense to me how you obviously encountered this Pokemon by picking your starter and it just pretends like you've never heard of it in your life.
>>
>>27673472
these dont change type just formes
>>
>>27673499
We already established changing type doesn't mean jack shit since things like Darmanitan, Shaymin and Rotom exist.
>>
File: AZ's_Floette.png (19KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
AZ's_Floette.png
19KB, 200x200px
>>27673455
Honestly there's no excuse for them not bringing over cosplay pika to gen 7. Hell I imagine her model data wouldn't be too much trouble to bring over or is in gen 7's game data.
On another note...Would Pic related count?
She's a floette form but can't evolve, a new move, stats, and is only 1 point weaker than florges
>>
Well, that's MeleMele dex.

MAYBE if it evolves based on the island we have four entries of the same Pokemon. After all, the dex is divided by island as well.
>>
>>27673120
Split evos isn't happening. Maybe they will have alternate formes, but you will all have to remember that that means that they won't look much different from each other.
>>
>>27673617
Wormadam, rotom, and castform look pretty different, so idk
>>
>>27673685
Even the Wormadam formes and Castform formes share a general body shape, and you can still tell that a Rotom is a Rotom.

All I am saying that the siren will still be a siren, the wrestler will still be a wrestler, and the archer will still be an archer. The split formes, if they exist, will not be so drastic that the other forme of the siren will be, for example, Pinnister.
>>
what about those rare stones changing complete forms of pokemon
>>
Meloetta pirouette and aria forms.
>>
>>27673317
Maybe the gender of your starter depends on what gender your protagonist will be.

Or that you be asked what gender do you want your starter to be.
>>
File: Wormadam.jpg (29KB, 402x373px) Image search: [Google]
Wormadam.jpg
29KB, 402x373px
>>27673120
ehm...
>>
File: Rotom_All.png (245KB, 673x529px) Image search: [Google]
Rotom_All.png
245KB, 673x529px
>>27673120
ehm...
>>
This whole split path things seems like wishful thinking by people who weren't too pleased with the leaked final evos.
>>
>>27673120
This argument doesn't take into account that the Alolan form Pokemon for Gen I are highly unlikely to appear in the Alola Dex as new entries. Meaning that the Pokedex will have a way to display alternate typing forms of existing Pokemon without giving an entirely new entry. A lot like Pokemon that already do so from previous Gens.
>>
>>27673120

Well no, because the leak states them as the same pokemon.
>>
>>27673120
The chinese leak indicates that there's only one evolution for the starters anyway. If somehow there ARE split evolutions after all, they will likely just be two takes on the same concept.
>>
>>27673120
No, because the leaks state that the alternate evolution isn't a different Pokemon, it's just a different FORM of the Pokemon, and doesn't create an additional spot in the dex
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 546x644px)
image.jpg
78KB, 546x644px
Figured I'd add the other ones
>>
>>27674985
>tfw this screenshot warned us all along that Litten was going to stand up, and we didn't listen
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 586x706px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 586x706px
I doubt we're going to get split evos, or even alternate forms. The Chinese leaks, which have proven to be consistent and correct, didn't mention them. The concept art leaks didn't show any hints of this either.

And if we do, they're likely going to be very similar to the original designs. Probably just a palette swap with a couple of changes, like Meowstic. Pokemon that have substantial differences in appearance have their own separate spots in the pokedex, like Burmy and Mothim.

Don't get your hopes for a water/fighting Ballio type. At best, you'll get a palette swapped Entermaid with a different stat spread and typing.
>>
You gjys ever wondrr thst with 4 island sub sections in the dex, that theu can share one dex numher and work? Evolve on MeleMele, Archoot M gets a dex entry there but nowhere else. Evolve on Ula Ula, Archoot U shows up in THAT dex, and you get the idea. Rockruff would act as a buffer and evolve fairly early to show off this possibility before the level 36 limit that starter lines are at, so young players can make an educated guess early enough.
>>
>>27675067
I'm guessing the pokedex in sun and moon will be split into different subsections like the Kalos Pokedex in X and Y.

Each island will have its own pokedex like the different areas of Kalos did, but they'll only include Pokemon that are native to those islands. For example, if a Pokemon is found exclusively on Mele Mele island, it will be included in the Mele Mele pokedex, but not the others.

I'm guessing the three starter lines will only be included in one pokedex, the island in which you received one.
>>
>>27675140
Kalos had the starters in all 3 Sub Sections, that's the point I was making.
>>
>>27675067
I can definitely see this happening. In fact, I hope this does happen.
>>
>>27675196
You definitely do bring up a good point. It is possible that the alternate forms show up in separate dexes, and Rockruff would be a good early introduction to that concept.

Players will notice that there's a missing evolution for Rockruff on the Akala dex even though it shows up on the Mele Mele dex.

Sorry, I should've read your post more carefully.
>>
I've been seeing threads mentioning a mini Chinese trailer, where is this? And for what occasion?
>>
>>27673584
> This is Alolan Floette
>>
>>27673257
A better example would be Rotom or Castform, which can actually switch between forms.
>>
>>27673371
You're trying to make a moot point. Nidoran are only seperate species because they predate gender and can't change it without fucking up the entire order of the Pokedex.

Meowstic is the same thing as them but is classified as one mon.

The rule they've established is if it has the same name it's the same entry in the Pokedex. Nidoran's gender symbol is actually in their name.
>>
>>27673805
Exactly this. Alternate forms rarely ever look radically different from their original forms. Even Pokemon who share the same pokedex number but have noticeable gender differences still look similar, like male and female Meowstic, or male and female Pyroar.

Burmy's different forms still retain the same body shape and face. It's essentially the same Pokemon but with a different coat. Mothim, on the other hand, is a totally different Pokemon and that's why it gets a separate dex number.

Even if alternate forms exist, they're not going to look that different. We are more likely going to get a merman/Triton version of Entermaid than a Pinnister/Ballio.
>>
I just want to remind everyone that the Chinese leaks, which predicted a fire/poison Pokemon, a sea cucumber Pokemon, an archer/wrestler/siren design for the starters, no gyms, and more, have been proven to be accurate so far.

It's important to note however, that the Chinese leaks DO NOT mention split evolutions or alternate forms. The Chinese leaks only mention the archer, wrestler, and siren. So don't get your hopes up.

http://pokejungle.net/2016/07/08/rumor-chinese-leaks-predicted-salandit-say-no-gyms/

This is why I doubt that we'll be getting split evos or even alternate forms. I'm not opposed to the idea at all, but the Chinese leaks are the only leaks that have remained consistent. Keep that in mind.
>>
>>27675401
I'm curious too. Someone please link?
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 808x805px)
image.jpg
96KB, 808x805px
>GameFreak's face when they fell for the "developing markets" meme and had their game get leaked the shit out of in return
>>
>>27673617
Or they could make it a different types such Mega Evo Charizard. It both in the same pokedex entry.
>>
>>27673120
Source?
>>
>>27674002
Good someone actually mentioned the most common out of the forme changes.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.