[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why didn't this happen? Why are they doing stuff with Zygarde

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: Poké[email protected] (142KB, 1200x676px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon-Z-600x338@2x.jpg
142KB, 1200x676px
why didn't this happen? Why are they doing stuff with Zygarde in SuMo instead? Seems like they should be focusing on new pokemon and such rather than shoehorning Zygarde forms into the mix.
>>
I legitimately think they didn't have time to release z, then wait about a year, and release sun/moon, so they scrapped it and kept a couple of features for gen 7. Nintendo is releasing the NX, so they probably wanted to squeeze one last generation on the 3ds before the nx came out assuming the portable/console hybrid rumors are true.
>>
>Waves of complaints about X/Y
>OH MY GOD Y AREN'T THEY RELEASING IT A THIRD TIME INSTEAD OF A NEW GAME WTF
>>
>SuMo

Fuck off
>>
>>27668825
>SuMo
also why would you want another kalos game with no new mons instead of a new region with everything in it?
>>
Because XY with 5% more content would be boring as fuck compared to a game with new pokemon and region?

The "third version" bullshit has always been stupid. I'm glad they stopped doing it.
>>
File: blockman.png (6KB, 416x373px)
blockman.png
6KB, 416x373px
>>27668825
>SuMo

Fuck off.
>>
Ok, seriously, what is everyone's fucking problem with SuMo. I get, sounds dumb, but if that is how they want say it, let the stupid be stupid.
>>
>SuMo
Fuck off.
>>
>>27669393
That's the reddit way of saying it.
>>
>>27668825
>Still being upset over no Pokémon Z
>>
>>27669161
Confucius say: the only one that can trigger you is yourself. Find enlightenment and you will become unrustleable
>>
>>27668914

XY is RBY. They're not terrible games, but they're raw.

Sun Moon is GSC. The format was tested, what worked and didn't work was found, and now we're on our way to see games that will go down for years as some of the best.

I really wouldn't be shocked if Kalos (With mostly reused assets) was in Sun/Moon. I'm not expecting it, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened.
>>
>>27669482
>le everything reddit does is bad meme :^)

kys urself tbqh
>>
>>27669721
>kys
>>
>>27668825
>Not realizing that this was done on purpose in order to continue Zygarde in a unique way.
>Not realizing that this is essentially the next version of "there is no 3rd version)"ala BW2.. This time in the form of the third legendary being explained next gen.
>>
>>27669787

Nah.

The anime is pushing Zygarde really hard right now, renamed itself XYZ, Ash-Greninja isn't promoting ANYTHING when it was likely a feature that gave the Kalos starters "megas", and the fact that Zygarde's new forms and shocking information were being teased at a time when we usually got announcements for new games, and some other minor stuff points to what >>27668914 said being pretty likely. These things are all planned years in advanced.

A sudden game cancellation wouldn't really throw the rest of these things off too much.

Ash-Greninja is the thing I find weird though. IT's not promoting the games. They usually only do that during off-season filler arcs like the Orange Islands and Declora's Adventures. And both of those were still heavily pushing upcoming games.

It's just some original thing when Ash could have gotten Mega Evolution and brought Sceptile back to promote XYORAS.
>>
>>27669787
Yep and besides its not like its a total shocker this time around as they hinted at it pretty obviously in XY with the backpacker etc

The thing is that few other things would need continuation, not just Zygarde. Will it be adressed in Sun and Moon? Maybe but o wouldnt count on it.

Im positive we'll say Eternal Floette though, maybe Diantha
>>
>>27668934
>/vp/
>is
>one
>person
>>
>>27669633
Fuck man now you got hopeing
>>
>>27669393
Yeah! I mean, it's not like we haven't been saying ReBlYe, GoSiCr, RuSaEm, DiPePl, BlWh, and X.Y. for years.
>>
>>27668825
>Seems like they should be focusing on new pokemon and such
They are you retard.
>>
>>27668825
Because Kalos fucking sucks, that's why.
And they ARE focusing on new Pokémon. Get your head out of your ass, previousgenfag.
>>
>>27669140
>>27669150
>>27669557

While personally I'm glad we're moving on to newer things, Z could have been the Platinum to XY's Diamond and Pearl.

Could have been. Probably not though, unless it really changed the difficulty curve and managed to fill out the second half of the game.
>>
GF wanted to distance themselves from the abomination of gen 6...plus the anniversary being this year.
>>
Because sun and moon are xy2 or z or whatever. Just the same as Gold and Silver were RedBlue2.
I guarantee that we go back to Kalos, there's literally no way it isn't going to happen
>>
>>27668914
They've gotten releasing Pokemon games down to a science at this point. I really doubt it was a matter of poor planning. Maybe Nintendo was behind the decision (they're the ones who forced GF to do BW2 over Gray) or maybe XY didn't reach high enough sales number to justify releasing a third one.

Whatever it is, I'd much rather the third version features be shoved into the next game. It means we get a less barebones experience in SM.
>>
>>27673495
Platinum wasn't good. It's one of the few Pokemon games I didn't buy at launch because it's too samey to DP. These third version games may as well be $40 paid DLC.
>>
>>27675908
>being this delusional

its okay anon, dont cry
>>
Z will be the third edition to Sun and Moon, linking gen 6 and 7.
>>
>>27668825

There was no third game because Kalos will be the postgame of SuMo and the Zygarde story will be the focus of it.
This is also why we haven't seen Megaevolution yet. You'll get it in Kalos
Trust me, my uncle works at Nintendo
>>
>>27668934

>Waves of complaints

Literally only Unovabortions on /vp/ hate it. Genwunners and normies love it and it sold more than all previous generations excluding the OG GB and GBC titles.
>>
>>27675985

Maybe. It could have been a combination of nintendo being secretive about the NX, plus gamefreak being maximum jew and deciding that we just had to have a gen 3 remake rushed out the door.

either way I'm glad they seem to hopefully be done with third version shit. Maybe they can start releasing DLC expansions for like 10-20 bucks to add lots of post game content, but trying to get people to spend 40 dollars on the same game is scummy
>>
>>27677295
>Pokémon eclipZe
>>
I prefer Zygarde in sun and moon. It could be a post game thing which would add more content to the game.
>>
>>27675999
The fuck? Platinum may have been the same in the regular game but post game was an entirely different thing. It's 50% a new game. Also fixes bugs, adds new pokemon (like more then 2 fucking fire types) and etc. It's not the best game but it's definitely the best content wise. (Or at least competing with W/B 2)
>>
Or they are doing a together sequel/third version of both Kalos and Alola as the last 3DS game before gen 8 come out.

Would be a good idea.
>>
because Sun and Moon were planned to be "gen 7" as Gold/Silver to XY/ORAS from the very start of gen 6
>>
>>27669633
I agree with the refinement point but dont expect Kalos. Remember their changing the perspective from our typical top down to this new camera angle with 3d characters who are to scale. They would have to redo nearly all of Kalos.

Though i do hop im proven wrong and its in there, that would be hype.
>>
>>27669482
Poor baby
>>
File: 1450112273287.png (17KB, 240x150px)
1450112273287.png
17KB, 240x150px
>>27668825

Third versions always sell like shit compared to the first versions

Nx and the 3ds successor are coming , so SM are the last attempt to get a good portion of shekels
>>
>>27679431
>nx
>not the 3ds successor
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.