[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you lost your shit when you saw the new johto pokemon in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

File: Ethan_Donphan.png (2MB, 1725x941px) Image search: [Google]
Ethan_Donphan.png
2MB, 1725x941px
Did you lost your shit when you saw the new johto pokemon in the first movie as a kid?
>>
Movie came out rather late here, I already knew from magazines.
>>
Rolling around and shit

What the actual fuck is that elephant ?! That is awesome.
>>
File: 6QL3od0.jpg (156KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
6QL3od0.jpg
156KB, 720x576px
>>27660818
>ethan
what are you doing nigger?
>>
>>27660818
Nah, I wasn't a hardcore fan and had just gotten into Pokemon. So I didn't have the 151 memorized and didn't know it or Snubbull or Marill were even special at the time.
>>
>>27660818

Most of this board was born in 2002.

I did though. The Pikachu short new Pokemon didn't get much of a reaction but I screamed "That's so awesome!" When I first saw Donphan.

He's still one of my favorite Pokemon.
>>
>>27660955
Fuck you pikablu was hype as shit among my group of friends
>>
Saw it in magazines but didnt expect to appear in the first movie
>>
>>27660955
I was born in 1991 ;___;

I was blown away when my friend showed me his aerodactyl on the first gen gameboy

He's still my favorite. Hoping I can bring him into sun/moon .
>>
>>27660983

Merril was such a meme at the time that I was actually kinda pissed when it turned out to be real.

Donophan was hot shit when it rolled into the movie though.

Now everything sucks, and its "grooooooan. Even more dumb looking ones now?"
>>
>>27661043
What do you mean hoping?
It's 100% confirmed that RBY 3DS re-release will be compatible with Pokemon Bank to transfer into Sun/Moon. Hell, it's the main selling point for most people.
>>
>>27660983

Mah pikablu nigga. Us too
>>
>>27661118

He said first generation game boy fuckhead
>>
>>27660983

But I knew about Marill and Snubull isn't that breathtaking of a design.

But the rolling elephant? That was so fresh and new. I don't think any new Pokemon can capture how the Gen II Pokemon made me feel. I like new ones plenty but the first time around felt really special. Now it's kind of the norm.
>>
>>27661170
I don't think he literally meant he wants to bring specifically his friend's Aerodactyl from the gameboy copy over. I think it's much more likely he just meant an Aerodactyl in general.
>>
>>27661089
>>27661255
We'd literally only had rumours of pikablu so seeing that it was real was amazing. Gave us hope for shit like mewthree etc. don't get me wrong donphan was cool but it didn't have the same hype.
>>
>>27660818
I was supremely dissappinted, hated all the johto mons, especially really fuckin hated donphan
>>
>>27660818
I knew of Snubull and Marill because of some Japanese cards my friend in elementary school obtained.

Donphan was a shock though. I thought it was going to be a steel type when I first saw it
>>
>>27661294

But he wouldnt need rby since you can just get an amber fossil from xy
>>
>>27661255
Gen II was hype as fuck, for me i think IV comes closest to capturing that excitement of new pokemon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb8lWlEqcgY
>>
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (3).jpg
14KB, 480x360px
no, my parents thought Pokemon was evil so I had to watch everyone play red and blue in jealousy, then when silver/gold came out they for some reason allowed me get silver, and I got hooked as hell, bought anything Pokemon after that and memorized every Pokemon from gen 1 and 2, then all the sudden last episode of johto this happened, I was like whaaaaaat, because I thought I knew every Pokemon and the guy was like
>heh it's a Pokemon from Hoen
Man I was so excited.
>>
>>27660955
>most of this board was born 2002
>>
File: Wynaut_anime.png (1MB, 1174x881px) Image search: [Google]
Wynaut_anime.png
1MB, 1174x881px
I remember seeing the movie in theaters but I think I was too young to realize that it was a new Pokemon. I do, however, remember being confused about seeing this in Johto though.
>>
File: 1470741492857-fit.jpg (43KB, 573x430px) Image search: [Google]
1470741492857-fit.jpg
43KB, 573x430px
>>27660818
As a kid i remember being excited about the new mons in the short and donphan, i knew the 151, so i was excited about the fact that they were making new pokemon. I remember when i first found out about gen 2. First one i ever saw apart from the movie was Typhlosion and Cyndaquil, and with a name like Typhlosion as a fire starter my balls dropped in amazement.
>be me
>have douche friend that loves pokemon even more than i do
>makes up lies all the time
>"they actually announced on the news today that they created real pokemon"
>mixes all of our pokemon cards together
>"see now we have even more" "ill keep it at my house for a week then you can keep the book at your house for a week"
>that kind of kid
>suddenly one day
>its recess
>he tells me theres a hundred new pokemon
>i dont beleive him
>"One of them is named Typhlosion"
>Edgiest name ive heard him come up with thus far
>now i super dont believe him
>he says he has cards from japan
>its another episode of him spouting lies
>"Look" he says
>Holographic Japanese Typhlosion
>My balls drop in amazement
one day before i moved away i knocked at his door to give him back his cards, no answer, i see him years later in middle school and hes a Goth who hates my guts cuz he thinks i stole all his cards
>>
>>27660910
Is that a fucking Team Aqua cap?
>>
>>27661461
>ash loses with a type advantage
fucking PLOT ARMOR
>>
>>27661681
I laughed, good story.
>goth

I tried, my parents wouldn't let me so I just wore edgy hoodies and listened to metal.

Ahh, school.
>>
>>27660818
yes, but it was this one>>27660910
but I like that they gave Gold a Donphan as well
>>
To my knowledge 'pikablu' was never a thing in Australia.
I was hype for snubbul, marril amd donphan, sure, but it was the pokemon shown in the pikachu short before pokrmon 2000 that really excited me. Elekid is pretty balling.
>>
>>27661684
>what is a bandana
>>
File: Raymond_M01.png (54KB, 166x297px) Image search: [Google]
Raymond_M01.png
54KB, 166x297px
>>27661684
kinda, yes
>>
>>27661684
>Aqua
>cap
Magma and Bandana, fag
>>
>>27660818
Yes I did, but I lost my shit even harder when the pirate guy used three pokemon at once. Like, I was fucking sure there would be double and triple battles in Gold/Silver when it came out. I was seriously dissapointed, it even had twins as pokemon trainers.
>>
>>27661863
Honestly though anon, goth girls are qt's. cute.

CUTE!
U
T
E
>>
>>27660818
Yep. Everyone was trying to get Togepi after it appeared in the anime, but nobody could.
>>
>>27661461
>my parents thought Pokemon was evi
I still can't believe this was a thing in creepy Protestant families. Same with the Harry Potter is Satan stuff.
>>
I was spoiled by some magazine. My mom would always go to Michael's for sewing material, there was this one magazine that had all the Gen 2 pokemon with their Japanese names. I was so juiced for Scizor
>>
File: 1435438514344.jpg (56KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1435438514344.jpg
56KB, 720x720px
WHY'S IT GOT TREADS ON IT THIS IS OVERDESIGNED GARBAGE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27661534
I was confused when I saw Kecleon in Johto too.

The filler in the end of gen II anime was so intense they needed to use gen III pokémon to keep episodes with nothing coming.
>>
>>27660818
Oh look its another fake leak. Move gold/silver fags that thing isn't real those will never be the names of the new games
>>
>ash sends grass type pokemon
>pirate man sends rock type

Was he retarded?
>>
>>27660818
When I first saw Donphan in the movie I actually told my mom, "That's not a Pokemon", because I couldn't fathom a new Pokemon other than the original 151. But for some reason I never questioned Togepi or Ho-Oh in the show, so, I guess I was a retarded kid or something
>>
File: 1469715227778.jpg (10KB, 170x145px) Image search: [Google]
1469715227778.jpg
10KB, 170x145px
>>27662604
>rock type
>>
yes

I was 13 Pokemon away from completing the PokeDex on Red and couldn't believe I had never seen that elephant Pokemon in the game. I spent weeks trying to hunt it down and completing the PokeDex without any luck.

I was pissed when I got Silver and it was in that game
>>
>>27661170
It's the same game. Obviously you won't be able to transfer it from a gen 1 cart to SM.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.