[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This, is the worst pokemon design ever. Yes, in every single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 58

File: bewear-e1468942703345.png (320KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
bewear-e1468942703345.png
320KB, 600x338px
This, is the worst pokemon design ever.
Yes, in every single gen.
It epitomizes everything lazy and bad about modern GF design.
Entire body is just lazily drawn tubes. Stupid arbitrary markings. Tacky color design. Blank, soulless eyes. Completely uninspired.
It honestly felt like they just made this based on what would be the cheapest possible merch to make.

There's a lot of lazy designs. There's a lot of shitty designs. But Bewear is a perfect amalgamation of both.

It's really just awful.
Oh and the prevo is just a smaller version of it kek.
>>
ok
>>
>I've completely missed every aspect of what it's supposed to be so it's shit
>>
>>27659993
Could you do any better? I mean seriously could you come up with a better design and the same typing if so apply to game freak and ask for a job there. They will place you in chagre of fixing all pokemon design you think is bad
>>
File: Fuzzandfur_postcard.jpg (113KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
Fuzzandfur_postcard.jpg
113KB, 600x405px
It's simplistic because it's mix between a teddy and a Japanese mascot you idiot. They're meant to be simple.
>>
>>27659993
The concept became way better when they revealed its pre-evolution. They should have revealed that first desu
>>
>>27660086
Yep. Its meant to be simple, cutesy, & unnerving.
>>
>grimer exists
Grimer is garbage, and he SHIT FUCK SUCKS DICK
>>
>>27660072
They could have just made it not look like shit. Like actually design it instead of just phoning it in. Give it real arms/legs, a real torso, a face, get rid of the weird ears.
>>
>>27659993
Vileplume thread?
>>
>>27660105
the ears are the only thing keeping it from looking like a ninja bratwurst
>>
>>27659993

Geodude is lazy and shitty. A rock with arms, that is it.
>>
File: bewear.gif (2MB, 500x298px) Image search: [Google]
bewear.gif
2MB, 500x298px
I like it.

>Blank, soulless eyes.

Wait, why is that a bad thing?
>>
File: 615.png (22KB, 275x308px) Image search: [Google]
615.png
22KB, 275x308px
Wrong pic OP
>>
>>27659993
>Stupid arbitrary markings
>what are paws and claws?
>>
Sandcastle already exist, literally a shit sandcastle with a stupid shovel
>>
>>27660105
>Give it real arms/legs,

It's a MASCOT character you dunce.
>>
File: Colress.png (586KB, 634x1539px) Image search: [Google]
Colress.png
586KB, 634x1539px
>>27659993
I disagree
>>
>>27659993
>Entire body is just lazily drawn tubes.
>tubes
what? It's a bear. No more lazy than Teddy Ursa, Beartic, etc.

>Stupid arbitrary markings.
What, paw markings? kek

>Tacky color design.
tacky; comparative adjective: tackier; superlative adjective: tackiest
showing poor taste and quality.
So, basically a non-criticism. I can call anything low quality, doesn't make it automatically true just because I said it.

>Blank, soulless eyes.
Plenty of mons have these sorts of simple eyes.
It's meant to be a mix between cute looking and sort of unnerving.
>>
>>27660105

>give it real arms/legs

What part of 'it's a stuffed animal/costume' don't you understand retard?
>>
File: cryogonal.jpg (163KB, 600x1038px) Image search: [Google]
cryogonal.jpg
163KB, 600x1038px
>>27660136
>>
>>27660105
But its a teddy bear. Literally the design is a teddy bear. Do real life teddy bears have real arms and legs no they don't unless they are super realistic but that's besides the point.
This pokemon is base on a child's toy or activity look at all the pokemon shown up to now. If you want a real bear then go to Pangoro thread then.
>>
>>27660163

>wahhh a ficitional ghost is based on things i don't like wahhh why isn't it a literal blob with a face like gengar?
>>
I agree OP, the idea is great, but it looks like they drew one thing and went "this is GLORIOUS" instead of redefining it, or at least giving it a little bit more character.

This is the first Pokemon out of every gen that I truly detest. Can't wait to beat the shit out of it with alola dragon tree.
>>
>>27660184
Still my least favorite Pokemon.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1362x1490px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1362x1490px
>>27659993
>>27660104
>>27660124
>>27660136
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>27660211

>Wahhh a fictional sludgemonster is based on things i don't like wahhh why isn't it a literal blob of sand with a face?
>>
File: Red-Panda-Surprise.jpg (272KB, 1024x1065px) Image search: [Google]
Red-Panda-Surprise.jpg
272KB, 1024x1065px
Look at this thing and its shitty arbitrary markings. What a shitty design!
>>
>>27659993
Definitely the worst design of Gen 7 so far.
>>
>>27660258
Google "Red panda pokemon" and see what happens
>>
>>27659993
you are completely right on every point there but I still think its kinda cute
>>
File: 1470299079709.png (56KB, 491x585px) Image search: [Google]
1470299079709.png
56KB, 491x585px
>>27660247
>Sand castles and recolors
I think you might wanna stop posting this
>>
>>27660247
But these are great, and many are based on historical Japanese legend like kase obake. I'd LOVE a lamp Pokemon like this.

The only difference is the more American cartoony style art. They're meant to be mostly more comedic looking, not to be taken so seriously.
>>
>>27660247
I'd take literally any of those Yokai over Cryoshit
At least the Yokai that are "It's a thing with a face" have more appealing silhouttes, color schemes, personality, and overall designs than a fucking snowflake
How the fuck does this board always bitch about the ice cream, keys, and garbage bag, but never give Cryogonal any shit? It's objectively the most ugly and uninspired Pokemon in the entire series
>>
>>27660288
Jesus. I'm glad we got Bewear instead of this.
>>
>>27660258
Maybe they should've actually tried to draw a red panda instead on a flat black sausage man
>>
Gonna agree with OP they could've added more fur detail or something little. Idgaf what its based off of. It just looks plain & uninspired.. Very disappointing to look at.
>>
>>27660288

Yeah, a bunch of literally just my mom's red pandas and furfag tier shit. I'm glad GF was creative.
>>
I agree. This is hands down the worst pokemon ever designed. Right above that battery bug and the sand castle.
>>
>>27659993
Even though what >>27660086 said is true, I think that it's supposed to look non-threatening, but as the Pokedex says, it can destroy trees with a bear hug.
>>
>>27660332
Now that you're talking about it, it's such a bizarre idea. Why not make a "cute" snowflake mom to fit the bill?

Why does it have to be this weird as fuck andross thing?

I think it's charming that it's so bizarre, but really, what the fuck? Ahaha
>>
>>27660360
I think battery bug is pretty cute since he's so simplistic. But I'm kind of just leaning this way because vikavolt is rad. Defs a team mon for me
>>
Now I don't care for Bewear once bit, I don't like the design at all.

But it's designed like that for a reason, it's not just a bunch of shit slapped together.
>>
>>27660307
>These recolors (They aren't) are somehow worse than the original designs
>Meanwhile 90% of Yo-Kai-Watch is recolors

>It's le inanimate object it is le bad maymay

Step up your shitposting
>>
>>27660250
I like Gengar and the sandcastle. What's your argument now, retarded?
>>
>those sausage limbs
>awkwardly shaped long arms stubby legs
>why is its mouth on the pink?
>the ear shaped
>is it a red panda?
>why is its tail there?

Man, I'm trying so hard to like it; but even cutiefly does a better job at looking like something that it's inspired by.

Sorry gay bear, you just don't cut it
>>
Didn't GF want to go back to simpler designs?
>>
>>27660428

I thought it said Grimer oops.

Sorry I'm just sick of "I don't like this Pokemon" "Yeah w-well this one is worse!"

It's just not a fucking argument.
>>
>>27659993
Yokai Watch?
>>
>>27660123

kekerooni
>>
>>27660307
>Implying old Pokemon with new typings aren't cool
>Implying Sandcastle is bad

That there is just a classic case of shit taste.
>>
>>27660350
>>27660438
Both it and its evo are supposed to look like manufactured mascot characters. The pre-evo looks like a plush you get at a carnival, and Bewear looks like one of those overgrown tube-shaped plushies popular in Japan right now, as well as a a guy in a large mascot suit. It's made more clear when you consider that it was introduced alongside the fake Pikaghost and the irony that its hugs can kill you.
>>
It looks like a deviantart tier 13 year olds OC, or at least catering to preschoolers over young children

Game freak could've kept the same idea, character and colour scene, but redefined it into a more likeable character.

Definitely ninja bratwurst tier
>>
>>27660559
I understand this, but it does not convey this idea AT ALL; even Banette and pikaboo convey that they're supposed to be toys works much better.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say even monzaemon does a better job than this.
>>
>>27660559
I live in Japan and I can promise there are no popular tube shaped plus hues except for body pillows you twat
>>
File: polrbeard.png (115KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
polrbeard.png
115KB, 431x431px
Entire body is just lazily drawn shapes. Stupid beard. No color design at all. Blank, soulless eyes. Completely uninspired.
It honestly felt like they just made this based on what would be the cheapest possible merch to make.

There's a lot of lazy designs. There's a lot of shitty designs. But Beartic is a perfect amalgamation of both.

It's really just awful.
Oh and the prevo has a frozen snot kek.
>>
>>27660611
It portrays fine to me, but maybe it's because I'm a nerd who looks into this sort of stuff a lot
>>
>>27660661
If you can't see the difference in the design quality between Beartic and Bewear then you probably work for game freak
>>
>>27659993
>call something the worst pokemon design ever
>it's not chesnaught

OP is a fat cock smoking retard confirmed.
>>
>>27660714
Lmao you cant just drop subjective statements like they're fucking fact
>>
>>27660714
But what if i do work for Gamefreak?
>>
>>27659993
I agree 100%. It feels good to see that there's at least one other person on /vp/ who doesn't just adore every single new pokemon for the sole reason that it's new.

>B-BUT THERE WERE LAZY DESIGNS IN GEN 1!
Everyone assumes that if you hate a new design it means you're a genwunner. I don't know if it's because it's still summer, or if /vp/ has really become that much of a shithole, but people have to learn that, just because there are other bad pokemon designs, doesn't mean this bad pokemon design is okay.

>B-But it's supposed to be a mascot!
Yeah, and it's a shitty concept for a pokemon. Not to mention a very specific niche for a pokemon's entire design. Yeah, there have been several other pokemon with obscure japanese origins, but they look fine on their own as creatures. Even as a "living mascot", this thing is ugly and overly simple as fuck. If they gave it a rounder head/defined features besides being one fat lump with lumps for arms and legs, it'd look better and might actually be an okay design for a pokemon.

Although honestly I'm gonna have to disagree that it's the laziest design; that goes to the fucking sandcastle that's literally just a clipart drawing of a sandcastle with two dots for eyes.
>>
>>27660930
>It feels good to see that there's at least one other person on /vp/ who doesn't just adore every single new pokemon for the sole reason that it's new

As opposed to hating every single new Pokemon for the sole reason it's new?
>>
File: edgelordx.png (120KB, 391x342px) Image search: [Google]
edgelordx.png
120KB, 391x342px
Entire body is just lazily drawn crap. Stupid arbitrary fire. Edgy color design. Pointless, angry eyes. Completely uninspired.

There's a lot of lazy designs. There's a lot of shitty designs. But Charizard X is a perfect amalgamation of both.

It's really just awful.
Oh and the prevo is just a better version of it kek.
>>
>>27660930
Generally I hate new Pokemon. This is because I grew up and Pokemon is for kids. There's a distinct change in quality since the beginning which is noticeable but I don't care about that.
>>
>>27661013
Oh thanks, I forgot that one.
>B-But if you hate one gen 7 design that means you hate all of them just because they're new you hater!!!
I can give you plenty of reasons why I hate the pokemon I do hate, and I don't hate EVERY gen 7 design. Just most of them.
>>27661162
>mom look I took someone's complaint about a pokemon and replaced it with a gen 1 pokemon, that'll show 'em!
Not everyone who dislikes new pokemon adores every single old pokemon. When will you get the fucking message?
>>
>>27661200
I don't generally hate new Pokemon, that's the weird thing. I love Garbodor, I love Klefki; hell, Gen 6 is my favorite as far as designs go. These new designs are just really rubbing me the wrong way.
>>
File: youkai_watch_10.jpg (3MB, 3685x2400px) Image search: [Google]
youkai_watch_10.jpg
3MB, 3685x2400px
>>27661162
>>27660661
>>27660494
>>27660360
>STILL shitting on pokemon designs
Fine, get a bigger load of it
>>
File: 1468697183610.png (600KB, 1024x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1468697183610.png
600KB, 1024x1366px
>>27659993
I actually love it. My favorite Alola mon so far and I think he'd easily fit on my top 10 faves of all time list
>>
>>27661245
Everything here besides the farting ass and the tear drop (which I'd assume is an item and not a Yokai) is better than Bewear and the sand castle.
>>
File: Bewear ponders your demise.gif (690KB, 268x258px) Image search: [Google]
Bewear ponders your demise.gif
690KB, 268x258px
>>27661211
It's fine to dislike something, but when you go around parading on an anonymous mongolian throatsinging board about how it's the worst thing ever, you're assure to have people who like it come and disagree. Also, Bewear is simple, but fun, and you have shit taste :^)
>>
>>27659993
nah
>>
>>27659993
Is this pasta? I feel I've seen it a few times since gen 5 was confirmed
>>
>>27660247
>shitting on Lady Longnek

Nigga fuck you.

some of those others are shit though, I'll grant you
>>
>>27660654
didn't have to be an asshole about it. I've seen plushies like it in anime, I just figured.
>>
>I-it's a cuddly mascot so it's a good design!
no it's shit
>>
>>27661531
Thanks for your insightful contribution to this thread! We really needed your unique viewpoint on the subject.
>>
>>27661245
>hating on cheeksqueek
>>
>>27659993
The only abhorrent thing about it is the name
>>
>>27661245
I like Beartic, actually
>>
>>27659993
You're a fucking retard OP.
>>
File: IMAG0338.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0338.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
What about furfrou?
>>
>>27661357
>mfw this is my phone background

I love it.
>>
it's fine. i don't like that the ears are a headband but whatever. and it's gimmick (affectionately crushing things to death) is funny. I probably won't use it but i'm definitely not repelled by it.
>>
>>27661357
my nigger

>>27661856
what about it?

is that it's shiny?
>>
>>27659993
Oh, come on. It's not that bad.
>>
>>27661884
It's either shitposting or just typical autistic resistance to change. Give it about a two weeks, and we'll have moved onto some other thing to focus their hatred on.
>>
>>27660127
Because they've done it a lot
>>
>>27660105

It's named BeWEAR

As in, it's meant to be look like a person wearing a bear costume, like those bear mascots.

Did you think the name was just a pun on "beware"?
>>
>>27661809
Voltorb and Electrode are both excellent, bright designs with great beautiful facial expressions.
>>
>>27662078
What, angry eyes/ smug face
Wew lad
>>
>>27659993

Yeah, almost there OP, but what about this challenger? >>27654704

When I have almost accepted and got a neutral feel about Bewear this >>27654704 happened.
>>
>>27659993
What gets me is conceptfags.
>Yeah but you just don't get it's ORIGINS! It makes SOOO much more sense when you understand what it's based on/where it comes from!
Same fucking people that praise abstract art. If it isn't appealing, it isn't a good design. You can have something original (gasp!) that doesn't have 8 paragraphs of lore behind it and have it be a good design. You can also have bullshit like Bewear and try to justify it's blandness with a 3 hour seminar about how it's a great design as long as you take the time to perform some mental gymnastics and force yourself into liking it.

What's the classic joker line? "If you have to explain the joke, then there IS no joke". Same thing with art and creature designs.
>>
>>27660247
Always looking forward to this
>>
>>27663608
This is a needlessly eloquent way to say "stop liking what I don't like"
>>
>People thinking that bewear living up to its shitty concept absolves it from being an inherently shitty Design
Loving. Every. Laugh. post gen 4 was a mistake
>>
>>27663608
If I hated the way a walrus looks, then I'd hate the way Walrein looks. That doesn't mean it's a bad design, it means I don't like the concept.

If you hate the way a mascot looks, than of course you'll hate the way Bewear looks. That doesn't mean it's a bad design, it means you hate the concept.

And if you're trying to argue that they should just never make a pokemon based on a concept you dislike, well, no. That's never going to happen.
>>
>>27663608
>taking Joker lines seriously
kek.

Jokes arent the same as art or creature designs, what makes jokes funny is the surprise factor, thats why explaining it makes it unfunny.

Art and designs are different, Some are made to be appealing to the naked eye so the most braindead people can like it, others take a little more work to understand.

I'm not saying you should like Bewear (Im indifferent towards it, though I may use it because it looks powerful), but you should learn to understand the different inspirations behind each pokemon instead of judging based on a immature conception of "good design". Otherwise you'll essentially be saying >>27663835
>>
File: 50 Diglett.png (38KB, 188x174px) Image search: [Google]
50 Diglett.png
38KB, 188x174px
I love how a Pokemon like Bewear gets so much shit for looking so cartoony when Diglett has existed since 1997.

Seriously, I want to see Genwunners defend how Diglett and Dugtrio are not the laziest designs ever. It's literally half an oval with a nose and eyes. No mouth. No detail in the fur.

Tell me exactly how this is better than Bewear.
>>
Bewear is adorable. People who hate Bewear probably spend all day sucking Arcanine's cock.
>>
>>27664092
N-nah brah, pokaymanz was much betta back in dah day.
>>
>>27664092
>A is not bad because B is also bad
nice non logic
>>
File: perl.jpg (50KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
perl.jpg
50KB, 640x358px
Why is it that every single fucking time somebody criticizes a new pokemon design, in come the gibbering retards bleating MUH GENWUN MUH VOLTORB MUH MAGNETON as if the fact that those shitty pokemon designs somehow justify the continued practice of shitty pokemon designs? Are we supposed to accept it as a tradition or something? What the fuck is your point?
>>
File: genwar_bingo.jpg (339KB, 777x922px) Image search: [Google]
genwar_bingo.jpg
339KB, 777x922px
>>27664145
What can I say, people love gen war threads
>>
>>27663916
genwun.jpg
>>
>>27664237
>top left
When has this ever been said? Usually it's
>pokemon should look like animals not objects
>>
What I want to know is whether or not our resident GameFreak dickriders who defend poor character design are getting paid for their shilling or if they're actually doing it for free
>>
>>27664144
it is a proper argument when people use generation as a means of defense

Basically

>a new mon shouldn't be bad when an old mon with the same aesthetics is treated like a god
>>
>>27664281
Lots of times actually, although adding objectmon is a good idea
>>
File: bewear.png (442KB, 904x1056px) Image search: [Google]
bewear.png
442KB, 904x1056px
how can one not love this pink blob of cute?
>>
>>27664092
Diglett has a tiny body. On Bewear too much of it is just one black color and it looks terrible.
>>
>>27663991
>If you hate the way a mascot looks

I don't hate the way mascots look though. There are plenty of ways they could have designed Bewear to still be based on a mascot costume but also not look like shite.
>>
>>27664977
>Waiting for the inevitable Bewear spurdos and gondolas
>>
File: bewear_by_planetplush-dackft0.jpg (96KB, 1600x622px) Image search: [Google]
bewear_by_planetplush-dackft0.jpg
96KB, 1600x622px
op is asleep, post bewear
>>
>Bewear
>that fucking design
I just opened 4chan in over a week, please let this be fake
Either way I'm laughing hard at this
>>
>>27664237
Why does everyone hate Garbodor? It's cute!
>>
File: hug time.jpg (433KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
hug time.jpg
433KB, 2480x3508px
>>27665106
fug :-DDD
>>
File: BEARS.gif (212KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
BEARS.gif
212KB, 680x680px
>>
File: rip in fucking.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
rip in fucking.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
>>
It's supposed to be a teddy bear

That's why it's simplistic looking

The only legit complaint is that white shit on his head, but even the , that's an exaggeration of what Red Panda's have
>>
>>27659993
Looks like generic bear in an anime, not a Pokemon. Not to mention it's huge in design.. I hate it and I adore cutesy stuff.
>>
>>27665324
xD
>>
File: stop_posting_anytime.png (616KB, 1479x935px) Image search: [Google]
stop_posting_anytime.png
616KB, 1479x935px
>People defending sand castle and bear

Tall Exeggutor is funny, I don't mind the Dragon typing.

But there is no excuse for that flat pill shaped bear that doesn't look like a Pokemon.

It's okay to have shit taste, but you shouldn't make a point of defending it on an anonymous image board, especially when all you can do is deflect that people don't like it because it's new and they're nostalgic.

From an objective standpoint, it looks like shit, and if you like it, you are in the minority, and your ability critique is truthfully piss poor.

It doesn't resemble the Pokemon we've been looking forward to for the last 20 years. I have no issues with shifting design changes. RSE had a pretty stark change in designs, and they're my favorite games. I like a majority of the Gen 7 reveals thus far.

It doesn't matter to me what Gamefreak intended. It's just one of the shortcomings of what looks like a pretty decent generation. It's a blatant bad design, and doesn't look like a Pokemon.

Pic related, one of these things does not belong. I literally just thought of Pokemon at random across multiple generations and copy pasted.
>>
File: The (You) Signal.png (4KB, 125x115px) Image search: [Google]
The (You) Signal.png
4KB, 125x115px
>>27665432
>From an objective standpoint, it looks like shit, and if you like it, you are in the minority, and your ability critique is truthfully piss poor.
>>
>>27659993
ok but...it is in the game
>>
File: 1467315811251.png (116KB, 601x745px) Image search: [Google]
1467315811251.png
116KB, 601x745px
I was ambivalent to Bewear at first, but upon seeing how much it triggers autists I can't help but appreciate its existence. It's kind of like Klefki in that way. Same deal with the sandcastle and trannyfish.
>>
File: reminder.png (72KB, 960x585px) Image search: [Google]
reminder.png
72KB, 960x585px
>>27665432
>if u like sandcastle, u r minority
>>
>>27665042
>being this picky
>>
File: lol.jpg (36KB, 390x285px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
36KB, 390x285px
>>27665598

>This much mental gymnastics just to like something, because it's that bad.
>>
>>27665641
It has nothing to do with being picky anti-genwunner.
>>
>>27664343
I'm sure you also believe 9/11 was an inside job.
>>
>>27664092

Ironically, the only way to defend Diglett as a design is to say that its CONCEPT is that of a whack-a-mole mole, therefor there's nothing wrong with it.
>>
I love Bewear and it's preevo
I'm gonna catch and make it my friend
>>
File: oldnewdesigns13.png (577KB, 1634x3298px) Image search: [Google]
oldnewdesigns13.png
577KB, 1634x3298px
>>27664092
>
>>
File: 1468934179558.jpg (49KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
1468934179558.jpg
49KB, 770x562px
>>27665217
>>
File: 1469451689633.png (17KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1469451689633.png
17KB, 557x605px
>>27665690

Case in point! Thanks anon, your posts sustain me. I hope Game Freak shits out more designs in this vein in the future.
>>
>>27665217
I want it
>>
>>27665700
Actually I love gen 1, probably most of my favorite Pokemon are gen 1 but I'm also not blind to the fact gen 1 has plenty of bland and poorly designed Pokemon. People will jump thru hoops to defend anything from gen 1 while trashing later gens over the exact same issues and this whole board knows it.

Bewear is far from my favorite mon of this gen, I don't love it, but it's not THAT bad and seeing people sperg over it this much astonishes me. A cartoon bear should not piss off this many people this badly. It makes me wonder how people here deal with actual real life issues that matter.
>>
>>27665217
i want it. i bet we won't get an official plush that nice. why the fuck am i such a talentless hack?
>>
>>27665432
Now that I actually see it like that

What the fuck is Breloom suppose to be?
I never really gave it much thought before despite it practically carrying my team throughout Ruby when I was a kid.
>>
>>27665432
This board is so fucking bad.
>>
>>27665888
>TFW no life size Bewear plushies
>>
>>27665892

It's a kangaroo dinosaur mushroom.
>>
>>27665892
i think it's supposed to be some kind of marsupial. Kangaroo?
>>
>>27665892
Kangaroo?
>>
File: 58255475_p0.jpg (761KB, 1240x1748px) Image search: [Google]
58255475_p0.jpg
761KB, 1240x1748px
>>27665217
>>
>>27665837
>has plenty of bland and poorly designed Pokemon

It doesn't though. None of the gen 1 designs are as bad as Bewear. Every simple gen 1 Pokemon is simple in an appealing way. Bewear is simple in a "it looks like a lazy knock off" way.
>>
>>27659993

Bewear is undoubtedly shit but I don't get why some people are so autistic over it. It's just another Mr. Mime/Goodra/generally hated Pokemon.

Of course some faggots will rationalize to force themselves to like it, but we all know the truth. No reason to make a big deal.
>>
>>27665787
Bewear aside, Formantis is a decent designed Pokemon.

Also who fucking cares this much if a Pokemon has a big head when there's Pokemon from Gen 1 like Voltorb and Diglett, and even Oddish, who are literally nothing BUT a head.
>>
File: Beware the Bewear.png (453KB, 2312x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Beware the Bewear.png
453KB, 2312x1296px
>>27665920

I can only imagine the price tag.
>>
>>27660104
i dunno man i think for my money, articuno is probably the best pokemon 'cause of her ice-blast
>>
>>27665976

You answered your own question. A big head is fine if its entire body is a head, otherwise it looks disproportionate.
>>
File: 9012876537.png (29KB, 594x775px) Image search: [Google]
9012876537.png
29KB, 594x775px
It epitomizes everything lazy and bad about classic GF design.
Entire body is just lazily drawn curves. Stupid arbitrary horn and antennae. Bland color design. Dumb, cartoonish eyes. Completely uninspired.
It honestly felt like they just made this based on what would be the cheapest possible Barney the dinosaur ripoff merch to make.

There's a lot of lazy designs. There's a lot of shitty designs. But Dragonite is a perfect amalgamation of both.

It's really just awful.
Oh and the prevo looks nothing like it, and it should have evolved into Gyarados kek.
>>
>>27665970

>If you like [insert Pokemon I don't like here], you're clearly forcing yourself to like it!

>>27665976

I'm still upset that Lurantis isn't Grass/Fairy.
>>
>>27665980
It would be worth every penny, though, anon.
>>
File: ol_drippy2.jpg (13KB, 212x230px) Image search: [Google]
ol_drippy2.jpg
13KB, 212x230px
>y-you genwunners don't get it, its SUPPOSED to look like shit
>>
File: 102 Exeggcute.png (36KB, 188x174px) Image search: [Google]
102 Exeggcute.png
36KB, 188x174px
>>27665961
> Every simple gen 1 Pokemon is simple in an appealing way.

Yeah totally. Angry-eye eggs are totes appealing yo.
>>
File: 1470085605758.png (203KB, 543x707px) Image search: [Google]
1470085605758.png
203KB, 543x707px
>>27665217
>>
>>27663608
>quoting the joker
either autistic, underage, or both.
>>
>>27660115
Das it mane
>>
File: 1469991652855.png (283KB, 411x310px) Image search: [Google]
1469991652855.png
283KB, 411x310px
>>27659993
>>
File: Lennie Small mice_and_men.jpg (40KB, 384x576px) Image search: [Google]
Lennie Small mice_and_men.jpg
40KB, 384x576px
>>27659993
Not wanting this in your party. Not wanting to nickname it Lennie. It's like you don't like fun.
>>
>>
>>27663608
>>>/co/
>>
>>27666000
Oh please stop sucking Gen 1's cock and making excuses for lazy designs when you'd never defend later gens for the same thing.
>>
File: Fug.jpg (81KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Fug.jpg
81KB, 960x540px
Bewear is the most butthurt I've seen a Pokemon make people since Heatran release.
>>
>>27666012

>b-b-b-b-b-but m-m-m-m-muh o-o-o-o-opinion!!!!!1111 ;(((((((((((((
>i-i-i-t's cute! yeah cute! it's ---SUPPOSED--- to look like shit!!@!!@!

Case in point
>>
>>27665616
>I like it is split into 2 categories
>I don't like it is split into 3 categories
inb4 "indifferent" isn't "I don't like it," that's literally, analytically what that means. Learn how polling works, faggot.

The real poll would look more like ~36% don't necessarily like to 64% I like it, which is not a really impressive spread for a new pokemon design.
>>
>>27665961

well said. I was just thinking about this today, as it pertains to the starters. the gen 1 starters can't be touched imo. they are so simple but so perfect
>>
>>27666114
but sudowoodo is a rock type, not a tree type
>>
>>27665758
I try not to participate in these kinds of threads but I'm really surprised diglett doesn't come up more often because of this.
>>
>>27665892
People will say it's supposed to be a kangaroo but I'm pretty sure its nothing. Just a mushroom monster
>>
>>27666192
R*ddit
>>
>>27660055
Isn't it described as being really menacing and strong? It doesn't look like that at all.
>>
>>27666270
It's still going to die because Bewear is a fighting-type
>>
>>27666167
bewear isn't the only one that likes a good strong hug
>>
>>27666020
Yup. Glad we agree.
>>
>>27666167
Bewear and the sandcastle.
People are going apeshit and it's funny.
>>
>>27660364
That's the joke. It's ironic. It's cutesy and loves hugs, but its hugs are deadly.
>>
File: 34583945.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
34583945.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>27666353
DELETE THIS
>>
>>27666328
as it turns out Diglett and Bewear are both shit. I'm a """"genwunner"""" but that doesnt mean I think every single last god damn gen1 pokemon was de-facto better.

I think gen-1 has a higher ceiling for good design. I think the old art style was better, I think the designs were more animalistic and I like that direction personally. Diglett is shit. So is Bewear. Saying
>but diglett!!
Doesn't fix Bewear, and holds no water with me because Diglett is a shit bad design.
>>
>>27666401
What animal is Geodude based off of?
>>
>>27666251
indifferent isn't a degree of dislike retard
>>
>>27665970
>Goodra
What's wrong with Goodra?
>>
>>27666353
Why is momonga such a bro?
>>
>>27666550
>that doesnt mean I think every single last god damn gen1 pokemon was de-facto better.
that doesnt mean I think every single last god damn gen1 pokemon was de-facto better.
>that doesnt mean I think every single last god damn gen1 pokemon was de-facto better.

With me, dipshit?
>>
>>27666605

And then there's this faggot
>>
>>27666636
I'm actually curious. Sure it looks like a neopet but I think it's fairly cute.
>>
File: 1447223216736.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1447223216736.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>27666552
learn to read you mong
>>
i want /v/ermin to leave
>>
>>27666658
learn english
>>
>>27666690
>still
>>
>>27666655
The new generation only likes Edgy pokemon.
>>
File: out.jpg (660KB, 3192x2124px) Image search: [Google]
out.jpg
660KB, 3192x2124px
>>27666192

>Stuttering in text.
>>
>>27666697
>haha i can memetext ergo i am right
indifferent means neither good nor bad please explain how this equates to a degree of dislike rather than your own confirmation bias
>>
File: 250px-051Dugtrio.png (55KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-051Dugtrio.png
55KB, 250x250px
>>27659993
>Entire body is just lazily drawn tubes. Stupid arbitrary markings. Tacky color design. Blank, soulless eyes. Completely uninspired.
>>
>>27666819
>Stupid arbitrary markings
nope

>Tacky color design
nope

>Blank, soulless eyes.
nope

>Completely uninspired.
nope

damn, 0/4. Try again next time kiddo.
>>
>>27666353
>tfw no season 2
>>
>>27666349
THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT
>>
>>27666852

Saying "nope" is not a refutation, anon. It's just you plugging your ears and whining.
>>
>>27666852
Man, how many dugtrios' have you sucked?
>>
>>27662005
Son of a bitch
>>
>>27665432

I can agree with you

Beware especially

But the sandcastle is no different from Chandelure and all the other possessed shit ghost types
>>
File: 4a6.gif (398KB, 600x895px) Image search: [Google]
4a6.gif
398KB, 600x895px
>>27659993
>New Pokemon with tons of cool details on it.
>"Fuck you, Game Freak. Why are all of you're Pokemon so over-designed these days."
>New Pokemon that's interestingly simplistic.
>"Fuck you, Game Freak. Why are all of you're Pokemon so lazily designed these days."

What in the fuck is it with people on this board stating their shitty opinions as facts, as if there's some textbook out there to back up their whining?
>>
File: 1364477622017.png (902B, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
1364477622017.png
902B, 96x96px
Entire body is just lazily drawn tubes. Stupid arbitrary markings. Tacky color design. Blank, soulless eyes. Completely uninspired.

There's a lot of lazy designs. There's a lot of shitty designs. But Unown is a perfect amalgamation of both.

It's really just awful.
>>
>>27660086
To be fair, even with the intention of simple, they could have done something about the neck line. Even like a little ruffle off to the side that looks like a zipper

But it's grown on me and the pre evo made me like it so hey
>>
>>27667196
I really don't get why people are shitting on the pre evo. It guaranteed Bewear a spot on my team for me
>>
>>27667173
>This shit design from a previous gen shields all new pokémon from critique
>>
>>27667234
Yeah, the preevo is great, it actually gets across a fair bit of the theme, and it looks a LOT like a plushie

More so than Banette, even
>>
>>27667284
>I didn't read the thread before posting
>>
>>27660184
>having sex with my gf
>think the AC is turned down a little too low
>glance over at thermostat
>see that peering through your window
>>
>>27666937
You mean like the GF fanboys are doing to every critique?
>>
File: sadpanda.jpg (257KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
sadpanda.jpg
257KB, 1024x1024px
>>27659993
>Tacky color design.
>>
>>27667371
>>27667234
Plus it means Bewear can be obtained earlier than route 35 without having to be a 400 BST shitmon
>>
>>27666401
If you don't like some Pokemon in Gen 1, you're just a fan of Gen 1.
>>
File: 1470517525195.jpg (37KB, 604x340px) Image search: [Google]
1470517525195.jpg
37KB, 604x340px
>>27659993
>>
>>27666710
>the new designs are too edgy!
>sees Goodra
>Goodra is too simple!
>>
>>27666852
It does have blank, soulless (or at least no less soulless than Bewear's) eyes, though, and is just three diglett which IS pretty uninspired
>>
>>27667453
>muh muk
>muh voltorb
>muh unown
>>
File: tekmologies.jpg (98KB, 780x520px) Image search: [Google]
tekmologies.jpg
98KB, 780x520px
>>27659993
How come no one shits on Ferrothorn this much. Or did I just miss when that happened when gen 5 was relevant?
>>
>>27663608
>comparing design to art
Spotted the layman
>>
File: Screenshot_756.png (928KB, 1249x314px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_756.png
928KB, 1249x314px
>>27659993
I'm 90% sure this is bait.
Low energy bait at that.
Do people actually enjoy these threads?
>>
>>27667496
Does that look pink to you?
>>
>>27667755
Besides being pink and that idiot headband, its color scheme is literally just a deformed cartoon red panda.
>>
Ok. You all know that Bewear is supposed to be a red panda mascot costume bear. And now we know that Bewear's pre-evo is a little stuffed animal red panda teddy bear thing. The new ability Fluffy is an obvious portrayal of what they're supposed to be. They aren't completely one-dimensional, though, because apparently Bewear's pre-evo hates being touched, and Bewear gives out murder hugs. And of course, I can guarantee that there will be official merchandise of life-sized Bewear pre-evo stuffed animals, and some guy in a Bewear suit walking around to promote them. Based on all the information about Bewear and its pre-evo so far, it is obvious that this evolutionary line is INTENDED to have lazily drawn tubes for body parts, stupid arbitrary markings, tacky color desings, and blank soulless eyes, because that is EXACTLY what you would expect from a line based on stuffed animal red panda teddy bear fluffy mascot thingies (also, I realized that red panda colors are really weird; they have black limbs and bellies, but the rest is orange. Bewear replaces orange with pink, but you know how stuffed animals are. I definitely do not agree with the statement that Bewear is the worst pokemon design; there are FAR worse. Bewear and its pre-evo certainly have a unique inspiration, which would explain their unorthodox designs. I will admit that they do look a bit off compared to other pokemon, though. But maybe it was intentional (or maybe not; who knows with Gamefreak). Also, Bewear looks much better in 3D than in the artwork. Even if you don't like the origin (>>27663608), it is wrong to call it the absolute worst, because that's just not true and you know it. It is also definitely not the best, but we all know that. But can't we just accept it and move along?
tl;dr- Bewear is not the worst, but not the best. It has a unique concept, but the unorthodox aspect of it is pretty glaring. Move along. Feel free to ridicule me all you want.
>>
>>27667755
Are people really so unsure about they're own masculinity that they can't enjoy anything with the slightest bit of pink in it. Is this seriously what half of this shit is about!
>>
File: pizza.png (10KB, 374x278px) Image search: [Google]
pizza.png
10KB, 374x278px
hey guys check out this cool new pokemon
it's a slice of pizza that got tired of people eating it so it grew arms to defend itself
they look like blobs because they're cheese arms
there are even some pepperonis on it
>>
>>27668293
>hide post
>report post
And done
>>
>>27661243
I agree. I really enjoyed X and Y but these new mons haven't really grabbed me.
I do appreciate the new feeling and look of these Pokemon since it's in Hawaii as opposed to Paris, but it doesn't seem to excite me as much as the previous gen did. I'll still play but I'm not too excited about my team.
>>
File: 1469705462513.gif (734KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1469705462513.gif
734KB, 500x360px
>>27668063
I had the best day when Mega Garchomp's shiny got revealed. Felt really good.
>>
>>27659993
I'm waiting to see all its animations before I judge

I've noticed that some bland designs are more interesting in-game with the new animations and 3D sprites

Like how heliolisk's frill came up in X/Y
>>
>>27659993
How do I preorder a rom hack that removes anything to do with bewear?
>>
>>27668293
Would fucking train. He would have fit right in in gen 5.
>>
File: mWbU6Ww.png (434KB, 1024x666px) Image search: [Google]
mWbU6Ww.png
434KB, 1024x666px
>>27659993
>This, is the worst pokemon design ever.
Objectively wrong.
>>
>>27669048
Shiny Mega Garchomp looks so much better than shiny Garchomp it's unreal.
>>
>>27659993
I hate this thing with a passion, but this is the design that GF had in mind when they conceived a Pokemon that's based on a mascot costume. Could it have been executed better? Yes, but I wouldn't call it lazy. Also, I'd be lying if I said the innocent-looking gentle giant with a lethal bear hug idea isn't a cool concept.
>>
Don't you think its simple design with its menacing description fit perfectly?
It's strong and doesn't know it's power and people fear it
Thread posts: 237
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.