[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, I just wanted to get this off my chest /vp/ How come when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: Honedge (1).png (40KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Honedge (1).png
40KB, 250x250px
Okay, I just wanted to get this off my chest /vp/
How come when gamefreak designs a pokemon based on an inanimate object, it gets bashed for being uncreative? I can see why you would say that, but If your able to take an object and make look like a pokemon , or even just look alive, then it's probably a good design (or atleast decent). Think about. If all we had were pokemon based off real life animals, it would stop being so creative, huh?
>>
It's just furfags, m8.
>>
honedge doesn't look alive, neither is klefki.
They are stupid, lazy and bad designs, as well are the vanillux line and the new sand ghosts.
>>
>>27654153
You're a bad design.
>>
>>27654087
They're the people that praise recolored animals.
>>
>>27654087
It looks stupid. It also makes the world seem more cartoony and less believable. Pokemon games are RPGs, which need to be immersive. Swords, car keys, ice cream cones, sandcastles, chandeliers all push the level of suspension of disbelief requires further than what non-autists can enjoy.
>>
>>27654267
>It also makes the world seem more cartoony

??? Nigga what, the pokemon world is cartoony as fuck.
>>
>>27654267
It's the opposite actually. Autists would freak out over them.
>>
>>27654190
Holy shit BTFO
>>
>>27654267
Kids' game.
Kids' cartoon.
Too cartoony.
What?
>>
>>27654267
Game about fighting monsters stored in tiny balls where children stop evil teams and catch gods.

>Too cartoony
>>
>>27654087
magnetic monsters, ghostly streetlamps, animate rock monsters and trashmen are fine

floating swords and car keys are pretty bottom tier
>>
No one ever shat on Banette or Drifloon

But ever since Gen 5 people just started shitting hard on object mons, even the ghost possesed ones they never complained about before. Not that an objectmon needs to be ghost as an explanation, its a fucking pokemon
>>
>>27654324
Literally the best chick to come out of Kalos.
>>
>>27654463
But they have one of the best designs
>>
>>27654489
This.
Not to mention every objectmon has an explanation.
Haunted weapons
Fairy that collects randomn object like Dwarves.
Icicle creature that only looks like an icecream due to the snow on its head.
Golems.
And several more.
>>
File: 250px-123Scyther.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-123Scyther.png
50KB, 250x250px
>>27654267
>too cartoony
Not shit sherlock
Next Thing you are going to say is that scyther is believable
>>
>>27654087
I don't get why people get so mad about objectmons when they're ghost type. They're ghosts that haunt inanimate objects.
>>
>>27654489
I like their designs.

Fuck the sand castle, it's ugly.
>>
>>27654153
The Lock face is a bit much but a fairy that likes to steal keys is pretty believable.
>>
>>27654087
I think a lot of people are bothered by how goofy or silly these things look. The Magneton, Chandelure, and Aegislash lines are based on inanimate objects, sure, but they have this weird alien vibe to them. Rotom looks like a prankster.
Meanwhile you have Garbadore who looks like he lept straight out Ahh Real Monsters, and Nosepass who, well, he has a big fucking nose that shit always looks goofy. It's a case-by-case basis.
If Sandcastle Mon didn't have that trowel attached to him it probably would be better accepted, it's that little shovel that makes him look like an animated children's toy.
>>
>>27654964
>floating sword with eyes
>alien vibe
lmao gen 6 apologists slay me
>>
>>27654267
Chandelure is a spirit with a physical medium the shape off a chandelair not an actual living chandelure, Klefki is a sprites that steals keys based on a japanese mythological creature.
>>27654087
Honedge is fine.
>>
>>27654964
The red nose of Nosepass is a reference to compasses you stupid fuck. Garbodor is a sentient garbage pile why do you hate it so much?
>>
File: okay maybe a lil fun allowed.jpg (69KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
okay maybe a lil fun allowed.jpg
69KB, 500x495px
>>27654964
>Pokemon Aren't Allowed to be Goofy
>Literally "No Fun Allowed" the fanbase
>>
>>27654728
See, at the very least, you're opinion isn't shit, because you're not calling the idea uninspired. Kudos, anon.
>>
>>27654267
Pokemon is about ANIMISM you fucking retard. When will you people understand this?
>>
>>27654267
>believable
>dragon type
pick one
>>
File: chicken_flipping_bird.jpg (467KB, 2078x2107px) Image search: [Google]
chicken_flipping_bird.jpg
467KB, 2078x2107px
>>27654267
>It also makes the world seem more cartoony and less believable

The idea that ESP, Fairies, Dragons and Ghosts are legit scientific fields of study is already a stretch as much as it is. Much less the fact people can still fucking breathe with slugs and snails made out of oxygen burning MAGMA roaming about.

Not to mention
-A manmade CGI model is tangible and has its own DNA
-Teleportation devices
-Energy-to-Matter/Matter-to-Energy conversion
-Wailord's weight
-Fire moves can be used underwater
-Fish and other sea creatures don't need water to live
-Poison just puts creatures in a coma
-Pokemon that are embodiments of pollution have no long term effect on the environment and are relatively harmless to touch
-Earthquake has no long term effects on the world. Neither does Surf, Whirlpool or Eruption.
-You can catch what are revered as deities as pets.
-A scientist had a transformation reminiscent of "The Fly"

...among other things.

Suspension of disbelief is only applicable when something is inconsistent with the rules that exist within its realm much less the lore it's using. Which it hasn't, a lot of the nitpicks are over the same things it's done before but in a different package. It's like lashing out on a well-meaning step parent, they didn't do anything wrong but person that can't accept them can't seem to justify their reasons for rejecting them in an objective manner other than "muh feelings" or "muh memories."
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 368x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 368x375px
>>27654153
>ghosts need to look alive
>ghosts
>alive
>>
Ghost inanimate object Pokemon never bothered me because of possession, nor do Steel types that look like machines.

Things like Voltorb/Electrode and Klefki never sat well with me, though. The former I can almost get behind because it's Pokemon's take on Mimics, but why would someone be fooled by a Pokeball that big?

Klefki is one of those designs that look like they had a cool idea they were excited about, but didn't know how to design it so they just sort of slapped the shit together. Keyhole mouth? Key teeth head? How's it floating? They could have done this so much better with exactly the same premise.
>>
>>27654087
Go home JWittz
>>
>>27654087
It's not uncreative. It's retarded. A ghost possessed chandelier is not so bad, but a straight up ice cream or literal trash bag are too much.
>>
>>27654620
Most of the object mons are fine, but the ice cream cone, the trash bag, and the sand castle are where i cross the line.
>>
>>27658078
>ice pokemon that lives in a cave
>resembles an icicle with snow on top
>this is where the world of Pokemon got the inspiration for ice cream
>the pokemon literally came first in that world

Is it really THAT bad? I mean in Gen1 we had a Pokeball... with a face. And a pile of sludge. Gen2 gave us LETTERS.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.