[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bootleg Pokemon Cards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1434254689314.gif (490KB, 220x166px) Image search: [Google]
1434254689314.gif
490KB, 220x166px
My girlfriend and I are looking to play Pokemon TCG a bit, but we got rid of our cards a long time ago. We like the first and second generations, but they're really expensive now. Is there any way to find or purchase inexpensive reproduction cards of the base, jungle, fossil, gym, neo era? We don't need collector's items. We just want to play.

>Thanks bunches greentext.
>>
But the official format only uses 5th and 6th generation cards right now.
>>
>girlfriend
you'll find your way out
>>
>>27652002
Buy some TCG sleeves and print them?
>>
Bump for interest.
>>
>>27652087
Pretty sure OP just wants to play with his gf, not compete in tourneys

You literally can just print them out off of serebii/bulba/some other fansite that has the pictures listed

It's a little bit of work, but it's basically free minus the cost of ink/paper.
Which actually can be expensive come to think of it.
Maybe try to find a public printer that won't charge or something, maybe around uni if you're in school.
>>
>>27652175
You could probably fit 10 to a page if you print them a bit smaller than YuGiOh sized. Put a bit of card dehind them for nice consistency. Or go to local card shops to see if they still have old singles/packs kicking around. Walmart and Dollar stores sometimes have old packs that got lost in inventory they pack up and hawk at a cheap price.

Also obligitory:
>gtfo normie, ree
>>
File: 5vOSKnE.gif (912KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
5vOSKnE.gif
912KB, 500x281px
>>27652175
OP here. Thanks for the reply. This is a nice home remedy, but I was hoping maybe there was some Chinese company or such that made a bunch of fake ones. But maybe not?
>>
>>27652002
The old game is slow as fuck and a fucking chore. Why buy counterfeits when you can just buy new cards and just use one's you like. Same rules and it didn't go full YuGiOh 8 lines of text shit.

The Pokemon TCG is probably the cheapest mainstream card game right now, and if it wasn't for the new YuGiOh structure decks starting with Monarchs, has the best intro decks of any card game, at least for new players looking to start up. Ya might as well stop being a nostalgia fag and start with an intro deck and a few packs each. I did this with my friends to hype up for Sun and Moon and now we have designated Pokemon YCG nights.
>>
>>27652406
>has the best intro decks of any card game, at least for new players looking to start up.
That's 100% false. It has arguably the worst ones out of any card game I can think of. Vanguard starter decks are great and Legend decks win tournaments. Force of Will Start decks are amazing because they give you everything you actually need/want. Buddyfight start decks are probably the best ever because vanillas in Buddyfight are broken. Even Magic Duel Decks are better. Yugioh starter decks are actually meta if you buy 3 and mash them together.

In comparison, you keep maybe 2-4 cards total out of the 60 cards you get from a Pokemon starter deck, it teaches kids bad build ratios, and they're inherently made without any of the good stuff. Japan gets good starter decks. Japan got Hyper Metal Chain links as a starter deck. We got stripped of that entirely, all those EXes were added to Phantom Forces. We got fucking Bolt Twister and Burning Winds instead.

Look at this shit
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hyper_Metal_Chain_Deck_(TCG)
It comes with 3 Dialga EXes, and Aegislash, 3-3 Bronzor line, 4 Sycamore, 4 Ultra Ball, more draw supporters, 2 goddamned VS Seekers(that's a 10 dollar card now) and even 2 DCE, and this was like 20-30 dollars. That's a reasonable way to start a game. Swap out some energies for other shit you want to use, like more trainers.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Burning_Winds_(TCG)
12 dollars here, and the only usable cards in the entire thing that will ever see any play are 1 copy of Sycamore and 1 copy of Ultra Ball, both uncommons reprinted like every 3 sets.
>>
don't buy original packs. most are weighed and you won't get anything of value for them

cards from early sets are actually pretty cheap if you look in the right place, Troll and Toad sells most commons / uncommons for under a dollar.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.