[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

And people had the nerve to call Megas "lazy"...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 17

File: million hours in MS paint.png (628KB, 318x781px) Image search: [Google]
million hours in MS paint.png
628KB, 318x781px
And people had the nerve to call Megas "lazy"...
>>
Bitch all you want but dark/fairy persian will be a qt
>>
>>27650535
Alola forms make more sense than Megas. And would you prefer if it looked nothing like Meowth?
>>
Hey, if it means new stats, movepool, abilities, and animations I can be ok with it and so can you, OP
>>
>>27650535
I like Smug Meowth.
>>
>Alolan Exeggutor grows taller because of the sun
>Alolan Vulpix/Sandshrew were ill suited to the Alolan enviroment and relocated to non-native enviroments
>Alolan Meowth was bred special by the Alolan royal family
>Megas are just bigger, stronger evolutions for some reason.
>>
>>27650535
At least these new "re-skins" aren't tacked on to a retarded gimmick, and have actual reasons/backstories as to why they change appearance
>>
megas aren't lazy, theyre hideous
>>
>>27650608
>>27650610
>have actual reasons/backstories as to why they change appearance

Megas change appearance because they're evolving for battle you retarded faggots. Same reason regular evos change appearance.

Backstory doesn't change the fact that way more effort went into mega designs than these MS paint reskins.
>>
>>27650535
smug cat a best
>>
>>27650610
Alola formes is a retarded gimmick its literally fanfiction tier.
>>
>>27650535
the Meowth form is a colour swap and eyelids not that much but I'm going to Wait until we see Persian to make my judgement.
>>
>>27650668
You're going to hate the rest of SM then, anon.
>>
What did you expect? Of course alternate forms are going to retain the majority of their base designs.

This is what I'm trying to tell people. If we do get alternate forms of the starter evolutions, they're going to be designed like this. Palette swapped with a couple of changes.

People are getting their hopes up for a Ballio-esque evolution or a quadrupedal tiger and it's more than likely not going to happen.
>>
>>27650668
It's adaptation to an environment, It makes perfect sense. Just like how Polar bears and Brown Bears are different.
>>
>>27650647
>Megas change appearance because they're evolving for battle you retarded faggots. Same reason regular evos change appearance.

Nice fan theory you got there
>>
>>27650647
Make more sense in that divergent evolutions actually happens in real life, where as nothing temporary becomes a dragon.
>>
>>27650608
What if Lillie is part of that royal family? She looks so much more different than anyone else.
>>
>>27650706
Nah dude, god is a lazy hack, he either does color swaps or overdesigned trash, we all know this.
>>
File: ampharos-mega.jpg (33KB, 289x320px) Image search: [Google]
ampharos-mega.jpg
33KB, 289x320px
>>27650647

>Backstory doesn't change the fact that way more effort went into mega designs than these MS paint reskins.

I'd argue more thought went into Alolan Forms, though. I like mega evolution well enough, but I like the idea of slight design changes stemming from regional differences (like Shellos, which was a cool idea back in Gen 4) more than most megas.

Now, megas that are substantially different AND have thought put into them beyond "bigger and more spikes", that's the real good shit.
>>
>>27650683
>exeggutall
>>
>>27650754

Not a single mega form is as lazy as Meowth or Marowak. Even fucking Aerodactyl had more effort put into it.
>>
>>27650608
Alola eggsecutor is a different kind of plant entirely.
He's a dragonfruit tree
>>
>>27650713
>>27650707

This has fucking nothing to do with the designs being lazy as shit you deflecting twats.
>>
>>27650791
>Not a single mega form is as lazy as Meowth or Marowak
Mega Sharpedo
>>
Megas need to come back
>>
>>27650817
>HURRDURR LETS JUST ADD BULLSHIT OP TYPINGS AND SLAP AN EXTRA 100 BST ON THESE SHITMONS INSTEAD OF GIVING THEM REAL EVOLUTIONS LIKE THEY ACTUALLY DISERVE WITHOUT GIVING THIS FORM OF EVOLUTION AN ACTUAL EXPLANATION AND LEAVE IT SHROWDED IN MYSTERY

>LETS ALSO ADD THE TERM MEGA INFRONT EVOLUTION SO ITS LIKE A 10 YEAR OLD MADE THIS SHIT UP

Try harder faggot
>>
>>27650800
what are you smoking?
he is that tall because palm trees in hawaii grow that tall to not get rekt by the waves.
As for the dragon type that may be because of one of the tallest palm trees being called a Dragon palm tree
>>
File: Mega_Manectric-1-.png (162KB, 463x463px)
Mega_Manectric-1-.png
162KB, 463x463px
>>27650791

>pic related

Also this argument will continue to go absolutely nowhere. Alolan Forms are based on real life animals having slight variations based on where they exist around the world, like the Galapagos Finches, so the very slight design tweaks make sense and are appropriate for what they're supposed to be. From a meta perspective, its a way to make Gen 1 pokemon relevant again for people who may be getting back in with Pokemon Go and don't care about the new shit.

I'd argue this actually cuts out the middleman of new pokemon invariably being unfavorably compared- design wise- to older pokemon, like Conkeldurr and Machamp.
>>
I hope Alolan Marowak is fast so it can will-o-wisp physical attackers.
>>
File: Maximum Effort.png (3MB, 1084x640px)
Maximum Effort.png
3MB, 1084x640px
Screw you guys!
This BS. you don't need to wait for more leaks to see Alolan Persian.
Not even changing shit, not even recolor, they only move a few sliders around BAM new pokemon.
>>
>>27650791

I don't care that they're lazy as long as they look decent.
>>
>>27651012
Where are the smug eyes ?
>>
>Rock Head Marrowak with STAB Flare Blitz
Oh please god
>>
>>27651012

So what do you propose Alolan Meowth should look like? A bigger coin? Red eyes? Spikes instead of whiskers? Giant paws? Things that would be more appropriate to an evolution and not a base form?

I'm genuinely asking- how would you differentiate Meowth enough so that it's still recognizable as a Meowth, but different enough to satisfy your personal criteria?
>>
File: 51dfd3d161fc0.jpg (39KB, 388x309px) Image search: [Google]
51dfd3d161fc0.jpg
39KB, 388x309px
>>27651012
i think aloa persian will be more prim and proper maybe with a bit more fluff
>>
>>27650920
>explanation
>naming
>mechanics

>nothing about design

You couldn't deflect any harder if you tried.

Also "real" evolutions leads to shit like Rhyperior. Megas merely expand on the design that people already love instead of completely changing it, and are temporary and optional. And they're way stronger than a conventional evolution would be. Why do they "deserve" a worse alternative?

Again, nice deflection.

>>27650871
Wrong. Sharpedo completely changes its shape, implements a submarine/battleship theme with its shape, torpedo bay teeth and periscope stripes, on top of a sawtooth/tigershark motif. And of course it looks more powerful.

>>27650961
Conkeldurr is unfavored because it looks like dogshit. Meanwhile nobody is arguing that Braviary looks worse than Pidgeot. Newness is not the main factor.

Whether you like Manectric or not, the design has more work put into it. That's the point.
>>
>new pokemon too round, over designed, too spiky

wtf I hate gamefreak now

>slight design changes to older pokemon that respect the original concept but add variety

wtf gamefreak is so lazy
shut the fuck up
>>
>>27651140
>too lazy/incompetent to design new Pokemon that look as good as the old ones
>recolor the old ones and call them new

Yeah, it's fucking lazy.
>>
>>27651073
Damnit idk.
Maybe considering Meowth is based on Lucky Cat statue, make him fatter and look like one of those God of Misfortune bimbogami. There done, PAY ME GAMEFREAK!
>>
>>27651169

If Alolan Meowth looked the way you wanted it to, however that is, I probably wouldn't like it.

I like that its true to the original, the color change, the subtle curved whiskers and different eye shape are all it needs
>>
Before you go talking ass, research convergent evolution. It's a real variation thing.
>>
File: black_tailmon.jpg (26KB, 256x272px)
black_tailmon.jpg
26KB, 256x272px
>>27651073
>So what do you propose Alolan Meowth should look like? A bigger coin? Red eyes? Spikes instead of whiskers? Giant paws? Things that would be more appropriate to an evolution and not a base form?
>>
>>27651269
Actually divergent too.
>>
>>27651073
Something to do with pearls, maybe? Doesn't Hawaii have a business in pearl diving, or am I thinking of something else?
>>
DAT MAROWAK
ALL MY MONEY TAKE IT
>>
>>27650608
In BW2 it was talked about how Pokemon have hidden power, Colress wanted to learn about said power.

Its the power of friendship between a Pokemon and trainer, megas is that bond taken form to power up Pokemon even more.
>>
File: Hawlucha.png (82KB, 271x247px)
Hawlucha.png
82KB, 271x247px
>tfw you like mega and alolan forms
>>
honestly one of my biggest issues with mega evolution is the name. it's misleading. mega evolution implies that it's more than evolution, sounds like an actual 4th stage, when in reality it's less than evolution, just a new item-triggered in-battle form
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 156x110px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 156x110px
>>27651790
Mfw
>>
Will we see an talking alolan meowth in the anime?
>>
>>27651169
they dont call them new pokemon though
>>
>>27651371
>Alolan Persian with a pearl on its head

Yes pls
>>
>>27651941
They could probably incorporate quite a bit with
>black pearls
or mother of pearl, even. That'd look pretty good as opposed to
>red marble
>>
>>27650535
New stats, types, abilities, and movesets are much less lazy than megas.
>>
>>27651140
>stop criticizing my favorite company!

I like the new Corocoro information but you're a faggot who does this every time someone doesn't love every single thing about a reveal, you shut the fuck up.
>>
File: heckmeowth.png (137KB, 234x233px)
heckmeowth.png
137KB, 234x233px
>>27650535
>not liking smug cat
shit taste
I hope Persian is good
>>
>>27651790
My nigga.
>>
Its almost like cat breeds come in different colors...
>>
>>27650535
>>
File: 1439567866515.png (3MB, 1316x1964px) Image search: [Google]
1439567866515.png
3MB, 1316x1964px
>>27650535
>>27651169
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>27650535
>>>27650608

>Backstory doesn't change the fact that way more effort went into mega designs than these MS paint reskins.

What is mega Kangaskan
What is mega Slowbro
What is mega Sabeleye
What is mega Audino
What is mega Glailie
What is mega Loupunny

These Alola forms aren't MS paint reskins. These pokemon might be based off old pokemon, but they might as well be brand new pokemon. Vulpix and Ninetails adapted to a Colder climate becoming I've types, and Ninetails is now a graceful but badass ice fairy. The two design aren't just reskins, the two pokémon are now white/blue with their hair and tails wavy like snow. Sandslash and sandshrew are now ice steel, and Sandshrew looks like an igloo while Sandslashs spikes turned into large ice crystals, and it's claws became longer and bent at the tips. Exectutor, well it became a palm tree, but no one can't deny that the concept is pretty damn creative, especially when you go into the lore of it being mentioned in older pokedex entries. Meowth is now dark type with gray fur, as well as a darker amulet coin on its head. It's pose makes is seem very sophisticated, for it was bred by the royal family of Alola, and at the same time pulls off a sassy look. Marowak is a fire ghost and holds a large bone with greenish flames on each end, like a Hawaiian fire dancer. This Alolan form is I'll be it not too much different from its original form, it's main differences are it's skull and darker coloring, but fire ghost??? You can't tell me that's not creative one bit. These aren't just MS reskins, these are beautiful and creative new takes on old pokemon that make each Alola form seem like an entirely new pokemon
>>
>>27650535

Are you dumb ? They never pretended that they were new pokemon
they're just different races of the same species

like some people are white while other are black
>>
File: intensestare.jpg (21KB, 720x541px) Image search: [Google]
intensestare.jpg
21KB, 720x541px
>yfw shiny Alolan Meowth has the colors of regular Meowth
>>
>>27651790
same, except some megas are truly awful looking. i dont hate any of the alternate forms yet
>>
>>27650716
She's too pretty to be a native Pacific Islander
>>
File: image.png (54KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
54KB, 250x250px
Where are my Galapagos Pidgey variants, GF?
>>
Are people just pretending not to notice the taller ears, curled whiskers and different eyes to troll? It's not like it's subtle to anyone who has ever seen Meowth before.
>>
>>27656127
oricorio says hi
>>
>>27656145
I'm pretty sure the ears aren't intentionally different, but yeah there is that other stuff.
>>
>>27655922

holy fucking autism.
>>
>>27656309
Haha sure thing bud
>>
>There are people defending Mega Evolutions
Holy shit, Kalossperms are the new laughingstock of /vp/
>>
>>27651790

I like the idea behind both. They both set out to accomplish different things.
>>
>>27650535
>>27650668
>>27650791

>what is environmental adaptation
>what is biodiversity
>>
>>27655599
>leaving my nigga Robonyan out of the chart
He's the best nyan.
>>
You'd think that the pokemon fandom would know the basics of how animals work and that gamefreak would be more than happy to allude to real-life phenomena whenever they can.
>>
>>27656555
He was such an incredible pain in the ass to get in the first game. Pokemon RNG is nothing compared to this..
>>
Alolan Meowth looks like he's sucked a dick or two in his day
>>
>>27656437
Tell me how the fuck Meowth turning into Dark type helps it

Doing that gives it even MORE weaknesses
>>
File: 1405820328414.jpg (145KB, 720x960px)
1405820328414.jpg
145KB, 720x960px
>>27656689

You're right, whoever heard of people breeding an animal more for appearance than survival capability?
>>
>>27656689
Meowth didn't adapt to a new environment in the wild, Alola's royal family bred them into this form. I guess because they like gray
>>
>>27656725
Pug pokemon when
>>
>>27650535
so for you, nature is lazy ?

yeah cause it's just a MSpaint bear right !
>>
>>27657595
>A highly popular Pokemon. It has difficulty breathing and cannot run for long periods of time.
>>
>>27660133
>worse stats than Sunkern
>evolves into a mastiff or some shit with 500 BST
fund it
>>
>>27650535
Not every change has to be significant. Not every small change is lazy.
Alolan forms are much more thought out so they can't be called lazier than megas.
>>
>>27657595
>What is Subble?
I was going to say 'what is granbull' but its more of a bulldog.
>>
File: no_context.png (10KB, 162x130px) Image search: [Google]
no_context.png
10KB, 162x130px
>>27650571
>Bitch all you want but dark/fairy persian will be bipedal
>>
>>27655922
>discussion is about designs being lazy recolors
>spouts off a bunch of irrelevant lore shit

Do you just have no self-awareness at all? The lore is just used to justify laziness from an artistic standpoint. All of those megas had more effort put into their designs than Alola forms, and you could even explain them in the same way. You didn't address the point at all.
>>
I think it is funny that Litten gains a bipedal form and Meowth looses it.
>>
>>27651790
same yes
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.