[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you think about the TCG? im currently downloading the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

what do you think about the TCG?

im currently downloading the online version to try it since i only played Yugioh when i was a kid.

Just found some kind of base deck my grandma gifted me years ago and it looked pretty dope actually
>>
Wow, I had the machamp starter deck but I haven't thought of playing online before. The Gameboy game was cool
>>
File: Panzer-Festung.jpg (65KB, 150x274px) Image search: [Google]
Panzer-Festung.jpg
65KB, 150x274px
>>27650832
i had this one

thanks grandma
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
bought 12 Fates Collide, pulled this.
>>
>>27651069
You can play that Alakazam as a basic, that's what ex is?
>>
>>27651069
that looks sick man

congrats on getting those
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>27651470
Thanks.

>>27651242

Yes, the only difference is that you take 2 prize cards instead of 1 if you beat Ex.

I mean, there is always a daily TCG general on /vp/ with all the info you need but it seems it got deleted today. There you have all basic info.
>>
File: 20160809_112128.png (2MB, 1826x1138px) Image search: [Google]
20160809_112128.png
2MB, 1826x1138px
It's fun, OP.

Started playing a month ago and made a pretty decent fighting deck from grinding Versus matches. I just need one more Strong Energy and I can sort out Hitmon Lee for some muscle bands.
>>
how many energy cards should i have in my deck?
>>
>>27652460

Your pokemon minus 1/2
>>
>>27652460
between 12 - 15
>>
you guys want some tcgo codes?
i got a stack of like 20. some maybe used but the majority is unused
>>
>>27652944
sure
>>
>>27652460

12 should be the maximum
>>
>>27650310
It's really bad in terms of actual game
Some of the art is good
It's fairly cheap for a tcg but the online client is absolute ass and the game as a whole is really unbalanced
>>
File: DSC_0004.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0004.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>27652957
Have fun
>>
>>27653107

got 1xFates Collide and Gallade Ex

thanks!
>>
>>27653107
got some gifts from it, many thanks anon!
>>
>>27653107

ended up getting a charizard, venusaur, and shaymin box and then a pack of xy, flashfire, and phantom forces

thanks dude, those boxes especially are cool
>>
File: 1461566456585.png (4MB, 1100x6940px) Image search: [Google]
1461566456585.png
4MB, 1100x6940px
>>27653039
This is a poor post.
Pokemon's unique in that it's one of the few CGs that drops player interactions in favor of strong personal consistency, making it an extremely comfy game that focuses on statistical advantage rather than overt value.

The game absolutely suffers from filler problems, but this isn't unique to Pokemon. You'd actually be hard-pressed to find a CG without it.

There's nothing unbalanced about it. Just like with every single other CG, you have a concise meta consisting of 5~20 decks.

If you or anyone else needs some specific information regarding the meta or card game on a whole, just ask. And don't forget we have a general at >>27650491, even if it gets bumped off the board every now and then.
>>
>>27653332
>The game absolutely suffers from filler problems, but this isn't unique to Pokemon.

I think the main problem that Pokemon has is that the filler tends to make up such a large portion of beginner decks that the game hardly plays the same. For example, the shit they start you out with in a game like Hearthstone actually does resemble a Hearthstone deck, just without the better minions/spells and often the strategy. For Pokemon, theme decks are so far removed from the real game that you might as well be playing something else entirely.
>>
>>27653411
The starter decks are more or less the worst in Pokemon, you're right.

There's no justifying it, but at least the card game is easily one of the cheapests on the market right now, and the official client is very consumer-friendly if you choose not to use the free one.
>>
I made 10 bucks off of selling codes from stolen tcg packs. Feels good
>>
Barely made my worlds invite for ptcg this year

if you want to get into serious ptcg, don't buy starter decks or packs. Find a serious deck you want to play on pokebeach (/forums/forum/metagame-deck-discussion.250/), and build with singles from Troll and Toad, TCGPlayer, etc. Upcoming format is PRC-on, so don't waste your money on decks that revolve around attackers / cards from xyb - phf (Night March, Trevenant, Gensect, Water Box, Manectric)

Here's the deck that I'm bringing to worlds if anyone's curious. Still in the middle of testing, but so far it's held up pretty well.

Pokemon: 18

3 Froakie BKP 38
4 Frogadier BKP 39
3 Greninja BKP 40
1 Greninja XY 41
3 Greninja BREAK BKP 41
4 Talonflame SS 96

Trainers/Supporters: 34

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Fisherman
1 Wally
1 Archie's Ace in the Hole

4 VS Seeker
4 Dive Ball
4 Trainers' Mail
2 Enhanced Hammer
2 Startling Megaphone
2 Level Ball
2 Ultra Ball
1 Super Rod
1 Town Map
1 Sacred Ash

Energy: 8

8 Water Energy
>>
>>27650310
It sucks.

>Only EX pokemon are viable. There is always a non-EX gimmick deck but it is always hated by the community
>Typing is retarded
>With EX pokemon the game is usually over in 4 turns. Without, the game takes ~20
>60% of the deck MUST be cards to draw other cards. Unlike MTG where you want creatures, spells, etc
>Literally no reason to watch for half the game. During your opponent's turn you can't do a single fucking thing
>Stage 2 pokemon are unviable and shit
>No other metagames beside standard and legacy.
>>
>>27651069

Would be nice if you had a full set, otherwise, due to how this shit game works there is no reason to even use them until then.
>>
>>27655767
>Wrong
>Irrelevant
>Wrong
>Irrelevant/Wrong
>Wrong
>Wrong
>Irrelevant
>>
>>27655836
Nice evidence.
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
File: results.png (39KB, 955x654px) Image search: [Google]
results.png
39KB, 955x654px
>>27656381
Just as much evidence as you, friend. But since you insist, here are the results from States and Nats this year respectively. What do we notice?
>Night march dominating the meta, despite being the polar opposite of an EX deck
>Only Seismitoad, Darkrai/Giratina, and Mane as serious EX contenders. That's three decks listed.
>We see Greninja BREAK (a Stage three (3) Pokemon topping), as well as Trevenant BREAK (Stage 2) and Vileplume
>Plenty of Stage 1 Pokemon (Zoroark, Vespiquen, Varbink Break, Bronzong, even fucking Medicham)
So no, EX Pokemon are very far from being the only thing viable, the non-EX decks aren't gimmicks, and you're the only one hating.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/nationals-2016/decks/masters/
Here are a random assortment of decks from Nats this year. Please note that these decks don't represent meta share, they're just from the featured matches. The draw cards include 4 Sycamore, 2-4 Shaymin, and normally 1-2 N. That's 7-10 cards total draw cards total. Is 10/60 60%?

And while I don't care enough to go find you links to the Twitch vods for States and Nats, most games go into Time. I'm pretty sure tournament rounds are allotted 45 minutes, so unless you're implying 8 turns of Pokemon takes close to an hour to play, then no, games aren't over in four turns.

Is there anything relevant I missed?
>>
>>27650907
Hey I had that one too
>>
good game
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.