[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ghost type thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 11

File: spooks.png (2MB, 820x1368px) Image search: [Google]
spooks.png
2MB, 820x1368px
How do you feel about the new additions?
>>
>>27647588
I feel like this gen is making everything ghost type for no reason
>>
>>27647588
Dislike edgier Marowak. Felt like they should've either gone more tribal fire dancer or more spooky ghost instead of half-assing both.

Sentient sandcastle that tries to bury you is pretty cool, I might use one. I bet the dex entry is creepy is as fuck,
>>
File: 17817469_p1.jpg (428KB, 800x818px) Image search: [Google]
17817469_p1.jpg
428KB, 800x818px
>Thinking that Ghost types that aren't Gengar are allowed to be good beyond gimmicks or weird anti-meta picks.
Ghost are more often than not made purposefully shitty. There's exceptions but they don't even try to make Ghost good in most cases. That said the sand castle is cool and is pretty serviceable, type and ability wise. Marowak is guaranteed garbage.
>>
>>27647616
I feel like that only applies to that one dancing birb
Everything else seems pretty fair to me
>>
sandcastle design seems nice

i want to see the reasoning behind it

I'm fine with marowak but sort of wish it was paras/ect

i can just wait and hope
>>
>>27647656
Sand Castle doesn't make sense either
>>
>>27647643
Ghost/ground is good stab and arena trap can make the shittiest Pokemon good. It'll be fine
>>
>>27647616
'Ghost' is becoming the go-to type for anything vaguely shamnistic.

Although Ghost-Type Marowak is ironic considering... you know... Ghost Marowak.
>>
>>27647680
I know, I said that. I think DesertMan will be alright. I mean, on paper it's serviceable. We still need to see stats. If the pokemon is physical then it's fucked unless Ghost is finally given a good physical attack because that thing definitely won't be learning Shadow Punch.

>>27647695
Pretty sure that was the point.
>>
>>27647616
>For no reason
Yeah no.
Ghost type was always ignored, making just a few mons of that type for each gen to keep the type alive.
So i think that they're trying to make up for it by creating lots of ghosts mons and by giving them different ways to evolve instead of always having to trade them or use the dusk stone
>>
>>27647668
It's a spooky sand castle that eats people
I can dig that
>>
>>27647588
Marowack is neat, I really like the sandcastle though.
posting best new ghost
>>
File: image.png (455KB, 810x688px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
455KB, 810x688px
>just want a Mega for my nigga Dusknoir to make him usable
>Gen VII seems to be sweeping Megas under the rug
>instead we get these Alolan forms that are huge contrasts from their original incarnations and probably won't be as good
>Duskull's line won't even get one because he's not a Genwun le Pokemon Go catchable
>my favorite Pokemon will always be pushed off to the side when they have a chance to be in the limelight
You too Game Freak.
>>
>>27647724
Marowak*
>>
>>27647643
the marowak look slimmer probably more on speed if it just swaps its defense and speed
it'll be good with the thick club but it makes it prime knock off bait
also if it keeps earthquake its coverage will be perfect
>>
>>27647712
Don't, where do you think it got that shovel? Certainly didn't buy it from k-mart.
>>
>>27647703
If they want to keep the Ghost type alive then they need to get off of Gengar's dick and not make all of them fucking suck. Aegislash was a good start.
>>
>>27647668
Theres a ghost living in the sandcastle.
Its like every other ghost type ovject posrssion mon except funnier because that's his house.
>>
>>27647616
You mean fairy
>>
>>27647588
Sand castle is shit

And Marowak looks cool, I'm curious to see it's 3D model
>>
>>27647745

Indeed, that's why they're making all of these new ghosts.
Also Chandelure and Jellicent are good mons
>>
>>27647778
>sandcastle
>shit
Choose one
>>
File: meowth.jpg (63KB, 505x377px) Image search: [Google]
meowth.jpg
63KB, 505x377px
>>27647588
Dear lord that Marowak design is garbage
>>
We got a haunted castle as a pokemon. It's a sand castle, but I like the twist. The prevo also looks like its going boo, and I love that as well. I can't wait for what there 3D models and animations look like.
Alolan marowak was pretty much a given. I like it, but I wish it looked a tad bit more different in the art.
>>
>>27647772
I mean both.
>>
>>27647588
I really like both Marowak and the sandcastle's prevo but the sandcastle itself does nothing for me. I don't hate it but the eyes and mouth prevent me from liking it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-09-02-58-04.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-09-02-58-04.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Wait one freaking second.
>>
>>27647905
She just brought it from Kanto
>>
>>27647588
I was expecting Marowak to be red so I was a little miffed initially, but they're both great designs. Probably won't use any of them for more than a couple of routes since they don't appeal to me much, but they're solid.
>>
>>27647656
The spooky kabuki bird dances to channel the spirits of the dead. It makes complete sense for it to be part ghost.
>>
>>27647905
Why does no one get this? Its simple. Gatomon and Dark Gatomon digivolve from different Rookies.
>>
>>27647588

On one hand, the sand castle is stupid. They took some sand, gave it a spooky face, and called it a ghost.

On the other hand, Alolan Marowak looks fucking amazing. It's on my team without a second thought.

I'm pretty 50-50 about the new reveals.
>>
>>27647588
Ghost type keeps getting more and more based- love the sandcastle. Marowak I'm indifferent to.
>>
I don't like how thin Marowak is personally, but the gimmick is cool.

Sandcastle is great, I love him. Its such a silly and stupid concept that its just adorable. Then you realize he eats children and other Pokemon.
>>
>>27648031
NO THEY DON'T YOU FILTHY CASUAL, THEY BOTH DIGIVOLVE FROM SALAMON YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27647933
Kanto post game confirmed
>>
>>27648084
>It all comes together
You might be onto something
>>
is this alohan muk
>>
>>27648059
Yeah, the sandcastle is one of the "meta" designs where they have a fun one and make a Pokemon that predates something from the regions culture. Those ones are often the most charming Pokemon and I really like it.
>>
Where did this dumb meme that Ghost has no good physical moves come from?

Shadow Punch is a decent enough physical move. Disregarding that we also have Phantom Force and Shadow Claw.

I mean, Jesus, we just had Trevenant last gen.
>>
So Ghost types are actually creatures after all. That's the only explanation I have for this. What I mean by that is that they're not an apparition, they actually have substance. They forgot about their Water weakness, though.
>>
>>27647734
muh nigga
Dusknoir is top tier
>>
>>27648165
Same. I see people always hating Vanilluxe or Garbordor and all that stuff and I like them quite a bit. I mean Magneton and Muk and stuff are similar concepts as well. They're all just silly designs that are supposed to be fun. Like you showed me a sandcastle Pokemon as a kid and I'd love it just like now.

I think people take Pokemon designs a bit too seriously like they've lost that childlike sense of enjoyment and wonder out of it sadly.
>>
>>27648292
Of course they're creatures. You didn't believe the ghost types are dead things meme right? Right?
>>
But... does Cubone get an Alolan form as well?
>>
>>27648329
Some of them are dead things actually. Banette is a good example, its a literal ghost that took over a doll. Spiritomb is another good example.

Some of them are actually ghosts.
>>
>>27648387
there's no evidence to suggest it doesn't, it's probably just not as "impressive"

which is probably the same reason they didn't show alolan exeggcute
>>
Sandcastle is literally the new vanilluxe.
>>
>>27648323
Exactly, it's a children's property first and foremost, afterall and it teaches them about world cultures. Putting a hook out like a goofy sandcastle helps them realise that Pokemon are based on things and helps them understand that something like Bewear is based on actual stuff and then they sort of understand it all.
If it weren't for Pokemon being my favourite thing as a kid and fool-proof, culturally universal designs like Muk then I'd probably not have become some high concept art guy.
All the shitposters on this board who spam terms they don't understand sort of get under my skin, honestly. Sandcastle-kun is great and I hope there are a couple other silly guys this gen too. They're super important to the series and their just generally cool.

>>27648329
This. The dex entries are just folklore and a subtle hint to the design sources. The Pokemon in the game are just Pokemon that are born like that. Sort of the point of the game.
>>
>>27647588

I like both, but get ready for the
>it's literally JUST a sandcastle!
shitposts
>>
>>27648387
Of course he will. Sandshrew and vulpix got one.
>>
>>27648439
I'm glad someone on this board understands that Pokemon is for kids and designs are what they find interesting, not always, like as a kid I never liked Jynx, still don't, I think Froslass does the Yuki Onna concept a lot better, but most of the designs are good. Some could be fixed in a way. I like Bewear for instance, but I do think the odd black angular line against the pink is an odd placement, but he looks cool. Now others like Rhyperior I just don't like. You could probably take Rhydon's design, add grey armor plates on the shoulders and knees, and give him Rhyperior's arms and it would convey the same thing but stay within the realm of what Rhydon is like.

People on /vp/ or in general seem to be very harsh on Pokemon designs, some aren't great and it is all subjective, but at the end of the day, people shouldn't sperg out about it so much. Like I don't go into threads talking about how much I dislike Jynx or Keldeo for instance, or how I'm not entirely behind Popplio for S/M, but some kids out there might like all of those and that is cool too. I used to get shit as a kid for liking Bulbasaur more than Charmander and Squirtle, but kids are kids, its all fun and goofy designs at the end of the day.
>>
>>27648439
>Dex entries are folk lore
>>
>>27648502
B...B...BUT LE POKEMON IS DEAD MEME! DIGIMON! YOUKAI! CHILDREN'S GAME! HATE! WE'LL PARROT THE EVILS OF SOCIETY UNTIL YOU BECOME A GOOD LITTLE SHEEPLE!
>>
>>27648538
Oh right, damn Digamanz ruinan muh Pokaymanz. I remember when Pokaymanz were great, like Kangaskhan, look at these armor plates and pouches and stuff, its a simple Kangaroo, unlike this stupid fucking blue fish that looks like a Digamanz from the specific ocean! GAWD!
>>
>>27648439
>Pokédex isn't canon

Wew lad, meme harder
>>
>>27648502
It's so refreshing coming across someone sensible on /vp/.. or 4chan at all, even.
And yeah, there are Pokemon I don't really care for too, of course, and Rhyperior is a great example - though I fully assume there's a proper, thought out reason for it looking like that.
Jynx is a good shout, since it's really the only Pokemon that I can't figure out at all. Mr.Mime's a bit of a weird one too, but I think it's hilarious so it doesn't bother me.
It's a shame that people think having an internet connection makes them design experts and gives them the power of redetermining how objectivity works, but I always keep in mind that these same people are literally never going to get anywhere near any worthwhile creative job so we're ultimately safe.

>>27648535
>>27648598
>literal idiots
The game is about a child tasked with collecting info on the Pokemon and they do that by catching them and exploring the region and speaking with the local people. The whole point of the game is that you adventure and learn about the region and they're all analogues for real life things. The folklore in the game is made of subtle design references. It's a surface level concept for children, it's not hard to understand.

>>27648538
This is weak bait, mate. You could at least try and make a retarded point.
>>
Sandcastle is great
Marowak is slightly edgy but not too bad
>>
File: 1464204769379.jpg (41KB, 275x300px) Image search: [Google]
1464204769379.jpg
41KB, 275x300px
>>27647588

>bear preevo is lazy design and unnecessary
>spoop meowth barely looks different from normal meowth
>where is persian
>sandcastle is clearly appalled to have been created and doesn't even look like a pokemon
>edgy marowak is ok I guess
>fish thing is the only decent design
>why is everything dead
>digimon is better
>>
>>27648618
>The folklore in the game is made of subtle design references. It's a surface level concept for children, it's not hard to understand.
Thanks for proving you're retarded
>>
I don't even know what's being said anymore, so have a free "faggot", since that's all you apparently understand.
>>
>>27648634
Why do you bother inserting yourself into conversations with shitposts like this? What do you have to gain? This website is for discussions, but you seem hellbent on trying to make it inhospitable. If you want to make worthless shitposts there are boards especially for you.

>>27648632
>I don't know what "bad" means and have hot opinions
>>
>>27648618
That is true, but to be fair on that last part, a lot of us probably wouldn't get into creative jobs even if we had degrees and such. Hard jobs to get into these days it feels like, especially for artists that don't already have experience under their belt.
>>
>>27648673
>This website is for discussions, but you seem hellbent on trying to make it inhospitable.
I was just saying you're stupid for assuming dex is non-canon, but now you're talking about safe spaces, lol.
>>
>>27648634
I'm not this anon but

>>27648673
Is a butthurt, retarded faggot. You're pissed off that people think your fanfiction head canon is stupid? There's no reason to believe that the Pokédex isn't canon, considering its an encyclopedia in-universe that the professors all stand behind.
>>
>>27648690
Wew, lad. I quite like the cut of your jib. Summerfags, Pokédex deniers, and tumblristas need to leave or adapt.
>>
>>27648690
>le hate meme, le oppression, le CRAWLING IN MY SKIN
>>
>>27648728
Who are you quoting.

Are you ok, anon?
>>
>>27648728
Read your post he was replying to, then read your post again. If you don't see the hypocrisy and irony, go ahead and get a gun, put it to your temple, and pull the trigger. It's the only way.
>>
>>27648675
Artist don't really get jobs unless it's in a side-field like film or design, to be fair.. And outside of New York, London, Paris, Berlin or Japan it's pretty impossible to get work without knowing someone first. Hence my posting on 4chan at 12:00 on a Tuesday. Yeah.

>>27648690
>talking about safe spaces
What are you on about, I told you kindly to fuck off to a shitposting board.
Pokemon is about what it is about. Do you think Magcargo is literally hotter than the sun? If it was the Pokemon world would not exist any more. The Pokedex is compiled by the protag: a child asked to do stuff and sort of doing it as a child would, influenced by stories they were told. How do you not get that?
>>27648699 You too. How do you not understand a game that I figured out when I was 8? And how is understanding that the pokedex is done by the protag - as stated at the start of every game - and serves as subtle hints for design sources "not canon" of "fan-fiction"? Fucking retards, the lot of you.
>>
>>27648750
>How do you not understand a game that I figured out when I was 8?
Shouldn't that be "was too dumb to understand what was blatantly said when I was 8".
>>
>>27647588
I bet the Sandcastle has Arena Trap
>>
>>27648745
Yummy, I love pasta.
>>
>>27648750
>Do you think Magcargo is literally hotter than the sun? If it was the Pokemon world would not exist any more.
Yea I do.

You have people lifting 1113 pound animals like it's nothing (or do you want to say their measurements are just made up, too?), ghosts and magic actually exist, etc.

Pokemon are all kinds of magic

Plus going off of the ponyta episode of the anime they can make it so that their body doesn't affect other people.
>>
>>27648464
That doesn't really mean anything, Exeggcute didn't.
>>
>>27647588
Fuck this shit dude
Did GameFreak just decide to WANT to kill off Pokemon?
>>
>>27648769
Are you trying to pull the
>I was wrong but now I'll pull the "I was only pretending to be retarded" card and act like it was bait along
thing now?
In the game you are given a Pokedex by a researcher and asked to collect data using it. If the data was already there, you wouldn't be needed and no one would bother giving you advanced technology like that?.. It's also explicitly stated, so maybe you just can't read, I dunno. Anyway, Pokemon designs are all meticulously crafted to convey certain ideas from various cultures and the dex entries reflect all of these. Really obvious.

>>27648795
>oblivious shitposter is legitimately a retard.
Holy shit, I honestly thought you were just trying to bait me but you're actually an idiot.
>>
>>27648798
That's not even confirmed.

Though for Exeggcute, it would be possible for it to not have an alolan form.

Going off how vulpix and sandshrew work, it's safe to assume that cubone has an alolan form too.

>>27648813
That's not gonna happen bucko.
>>
Marrowhack is fan servicey but it's good so I can't complain. Meowth is fabulous. Sandcastle is ok but also genwunner "every new pokemon is ice cream or car keys" fuel. Fish is fish so it's shit. Baby Bewear a cute
>>
>>27648818
>In the game you are given a Pokedex by a researcher and asked to collect data using it. If the data was already there, you wouldn't be needed
Have you ever played a pokemon game in your life?
Ever?

Or for that matter, watched the anime?

>>27648825
The fish is great though. I'm kind of sad it's just a form though, that's one of my favorite pokemon designs.
>>
>>27647588
Jesus fuck there are fakemon better than this.
>>
>Another pure water fish
We need more fish like we need more butterflies, moths and early rodent mons
>>
>>27648852
We do need more early 'rodent' mons if you mean stuff like zigzagoon, sentret, etc.
>>
>>27648818
Who am I going to believe? The in-universe material that is the only reference source we have, or some piece of shit on an anime image board shouting about muh headcanon and muh fanfiction ?

As the other guy said, in case you're too retarded to notice stuff that can't be done/doesn't exist in the real world exists in the Pokémon universe. Stuff that doesn't make sense from an Earth perspective does from a Pokémon perspective. Rethink your life.
>>
>>27648872
The only thing that really exists is the game, and the game contradicts countless things from the dex.
>>
>>27648903
What does it contradict from the dex?
>>
>>27648775
I really hope so, seems like a given
>>
>>27648845
>have you ever played a pokemon game in your life?
Yes, and I actually pay attention to. I actually understand concepts, design and how to make things to convey ideas because, unlike you, I don't mouth off about things I don't understand.
>or the anime
Make up your mind, are you trying have a shitty bait sprint or are you actually retarded?

>>27648872
How do you not understand the point of a game for children? Jesus Christ.
Here's a top tip: literally everything that is designed has a concept it intends to communicate, literally everything. That thing exists to properly communicate it's concept to an audience.
Pokemon is designed to be a simulation of an adventure/coming of age story across a region. The Monsters and geography are designed specifically (and with hyperbole to express childlike wonder and awe) to get over a general theme and the actual atmosphere of the place it is based on.

If you have gotten to a point in your life where you are old enough to post on this board, but haven't gotten enough intelligence to instantly analyse something as fucking obvious as Pokemon then you've got something seriously wrong with you.
David Lynch's films would probably break your mind, and even he's not a complicated guy. I'd pay to watch you try to read Derrida.
>>
>>27648959
Why do you keep on saying "concepts, design, ideas" like they actually mean anything.

You're just arguing for arguments sake at this point for (You)s.

You sound like some fucking college freshman who just learned about the concept of "design".
>>
>>27648917
Don't play dumb with me. You know very well what the game contradicts from the dex.
>>
>>27648985
>I-I shouldn't have to educate you!
lol
>>
>David Lynch's films would probably break your mind
Ok yea you showed your hand here.

8/10 you had me going for a while
>>
>>27648903
List literally anything that contradicts between the game and the Dex.

>>27648959
Holy shit, you're an insufferable retard. This kind of shit is why you haven't gotten laid yet.

>I'm so smart my IQ is 180 let me name drop some authors b-cuz I read books good tee hee

>Everything that is designed has a concept

Holy shit, stop the presses! Dude, fuck off. Literally Everything that has ever been designed by definition has a concept. This isn't rocket science. Do you have a little book telling you what concepts your car was based off of? No. Shit, man, no one has ever dragged this many (You)s out of me before. If you're a troll, congrats. If you honestly believe the Downsy shit you're saying, check in to a mental ward immediately.
>>
I don't like sandcastle and not because its an inanimate object, in fact I love many of the inanimate object pokemon. I just think it Looks dumb. Marowak is fine too, hope it gets a cool ability and moveset
>>
>>27648980
>words that mean things don't mean things because I started an argument I don't know how to take part in
You're literally an idiot. I've been working in the fine art field for 4 years and tearing apart concepts is literally my job. Pokemon's core concepts are blatantly obvious and are supposed to be. You're supposed to know that Muk is toxic waste, you're supposed to know that Bewear is a mascot. That's the point of the series. How are you so stupid?

>>27649021
>ironic shitpost
Like I've bothered to read Derrida, you presumptuous faglord. I made fun of you because you're an absolute idiot.
If the concepts that Pokemon clearly represents don't exist suddenly because you say so, then go on and explain what Pokemon is actually about then.
>hurr it's about magic animals I want to fuck and being extreme cool
That's the level of sense you're making you absolute mong.

>>27649010
David Lynch was my example of a regular filmmaker, reading comprehension et.c.
I was making fun of someone, not attempting to look like a patrician, first year humanities student.
>>
>>27648415
They already showed regular Exeggcute evolving into Alolan Exeggutor. In the Jap trailer I think.
>>
>>27649070
>I've been working in the fine art field for 4 years and tearing apart concepts is literally my job.
Oh my god I'm so sorry.
No wonder you try to argue like this, you wasted your life on "fine art".

Muk is toxic waste though, and Bewear is a red panda (but also yea it resembles a mascot character).

I don't see what that has anything to do with your retarded ass argument
>>
>>27649070
>If the concepts that Pokemon don't exist suddenly because you say so

What the fuck are you on about? I know these Pokémon are based on design concepts. Every single person down to the youngest child that has played this game knows that. That's the whole fucking point. People that aren't retards (read, not you) don't need the Pokédex to explain that to them. They just get it, because it's simple.

You're trying to argue that the Pokédex isn't canon, because they're using analogies to describe what the Pokémon in question is based off of. I'm saying that's fucking retarded and has no basis other than your ass that you pulled that idea out of.

As a side note, and regardless of the argument, you are an insufferable asshole who thinks he's far smarter than he is, and that's why you will never be touched by a woman. (Or man, I don't judge)
>>
>>27649070
Oh, this is rich. What IS pokemon "about" then?
>>
>>27649091
>I know nothing about design and argue about it anyway between hot pockets and sponge baths from my carer because I'm a worthless lump with an internet connection
Why are you so worthless? If you don't make a sensible post I'm not replying to you anymore. I'm not going to try to explain simple concepts to the personification of a brick wall. Your questions were answered long ago in the thread, in the posts you're randomly sperging at me about. Go an fucking read them.

Also, Bewear is a Mascot first and foremost. Is has little red panda aspects because mascots are of things, it also has maid ones too.

>>27649136
The game is designed and has a concept, dingus, and I already spelled it out.
You're the insufferable one, going on tirades at people having an actual discussion because you got ass blasted by implications you pulled out of your ass.

>>27649142
Read the thread and play the games, I'm not your teacher and I'm not spoonfeeding you.
>>
>>27649162
>>I know nothing about design
I'm so, so sorry anon.

I'm sure your mom is proud of your career choices, too.
>>
>>27647588
Marowak is great.
Sand Castle is one the few awful Alola mons alongside Bruxish and Bewear.
>>
>>27649180
>I'll aggressively shitpost without content at someone and then, when I realise I never had a point to begin with, I'll try and use petty insults
Pathetic
>>
>>27649162
Okay. Collecting, battling, friendship. Apparently, I'm supposed to treat my friends like objects. Wow, /vp/ was right all along.

SHIT NIGGER FAGGOT AUTISM MEMES NORMIE CACA POOPOO
>>
>>27649201
I mean you're mostly right, I've been purposefully shitposting for the past ~4 posts because you're either shitposting too, or way too retarded to have an actual argument.

We can stop if you want.
>>
>>27647668
It makes about as much sense as Banette, Rotom or literally any other ghost pokemon that "possesses" things IMO.

Certainly makes more sense than Golurk.
>>
File: 1437427354591.png (223KB, 460x600px) Image search: [Google]
1437427354591.png
223KB, 460x600px
>>27647588
>mfw even though thick club doubles Marowak's attack, they're going to redistribute the points for ghostowak and make it a special type

lmaoing my ass off at another useless pokemon
>>
>>27647905
>Maybe I can be your girlfriend tonight anon
>"b-but isn't this dirty?"
>Meowth, that's right!
>>
>>27649207
Listing game mechanics and a low-level theme from the plot is not the same as a concept.
>AND CAPS LOCK TOO SO IF I SHOUT THEN I'M IN CONTROL
What is wrong with you, mate?

>>27649231
I'll keep going, if it all gets toned down. Not a fan of shitposting, it ruins the thread, but at least a back and forth is better than idiots saying
>WAAAAAH I don't like it so it's bad
And people get attracted to heated arguments and might pick up something from them.
But yeah, I was right all along and always am. I'm the smartest man in the world, after all.
>>
>>27647588
Loving that sandcastle mon, he has a spot on my team for sure.
>>
>>27648862
Why does GF have to make them so shitty and give every trainer up until the 3rd gym one?
>>
>>27649300
because they're cute as fuck

out of the "mostly normal animal" mons zigzagoon is the first one I'd get if it existed
>>
>>27649300
Because they're meant to be weak, regular Pokemon that are not spectacular. They're ordinary. Hidden away in dungeons and in far off places there are fantastical things, but right outside your door is a hedge and a raccoon that runs away if you make a noise.
>>
>>27649275
Low-level? It's the central idea of the game. It's literally what you do. You want concepts? It's there, too. Satoshi Tajiri designed it after bug catching, gatchapon machines, and the idea of ants crawling across a game link cable. There's your flipping design.
>>
>>27647588
We got roughly 6 ghost pkm per gen so far.
We have less ghosts than fairies after 1 gen.
The last two gens only got shit ghosts and are mostly based on "ghost possesses object X". Reusing the same concept over and over is just retarded.
So far I like the new ghost pkm, including sandcastlemon and shamarowak, still hoping for mimikyu to evolve.

>inb4 it's just a sandcastle
the design is made to lure its prey near to it, what else could even work better? I guess Snowman ghost will work as it's counterpart and I'm totally fine with that.

Though I kinda wish it looked something more like this
>>
>>27649332
The trading part was a big part of the game's design, yeah, but trading isn't a concept, it's a mechanic.

The concept is that you adventure and learn about the region (analogous to real world places) by catching monsters (analogous to real world creatures, plants and cultural artifacts) and in the process learn about the world as he did as a child adventuring through his local area to catch bugs. Where the trading thing comes in is that it brings the social aspect that he felt while hunting beetles; you need to adventure and find fellow players in real life to trade and, in doing so, you open up conversations and potentially discover more about pokemon designs from people who know things you don't while they learn things they don't from you. The game has expanded in scope due to its popularity and more global cultures are being used in the designs because a more global audience is able to communicate with one-another.

Etc etc. There's a little more to it, but at the same time it can be made shorter too - like I posted earlier.
That's the "concept". It's a heavy one, Pokemon deserves more credit than it gets.
>>
>>27649343
>The last two gens only got shit ghosts
>Hating on the Chandelure line
Fag.
>>
>>27649343
That looks retarded
>>
>>27649343
Id like if they pulled another Gengar/Dusclops/Misdreavus, i.e a mischievous creature that has its own form and doesn't just possess some object or plant or pile of sand
>>
>>27649374
Nope. It is nothing more than HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *smash the world into pieces*
>>
>>27649343
>The last two gens only got shit ghosts and are mostly based on "ghost possesses object X". Reusing the same concept over and over is just retarded.
That's a dumb line of reasoning.

I'm not saying the bug/bird line every gen is amazing, but they're usually fine.

Saying you can't repeat a general design is stupid. It's like saying we can't have more than 1 bear pokemon
>>
>>27649383
>thinking a lamp is a great design
retard

>>27649403
Jup, would love that as well
>>
>>27649421
>Resorting to "it's just a fucking ___"
>>
>>27647588
The sand castle with the spade as part of its body makes it a Yokai creature. The Marowak is fine like that, I like the type change.
>>
>>27649416
Also, that may be what the Japanese believe, but that doesn't make it true. They made the video game equivalent of shaking your keys.
>>
>>27649439
>The sand castle with the spade as part of its body makes it a Yokai creature.
Lots of pokemon are yokai, or could easily be one.

Like froslass, and quite a few ghost pokemon.
>>
>>27649343
>your entire post
You don't just pull Casper out of your ass, though. There are a lot of things to draw from that can be ghosts, but most of them are just things that take on a life of their own.
There are only so many different sorts of actual ghosts to design Pokemon based on and most of them are too big an idea to throw away on anything other than a big legendary.
I don't know about Hawaiian culture, so I can't comment on anything they can use, but ghost sandcastle is a good move.

>>27649439
>not knowing what a Yokai is
>>
>>27647905
Your family came from Kanto and brought the pet Kanto Meowth with them, idiot.
>>
Oh, and furthermore, if that is the premise, then the antagonists, at least in terms of the villain teams, aren't really the antagonists. They don't directly oppose your goal, they're just an impediment. They're not even actively preventing you from reaching your goal, they're after something else entirely. The only person that ever did this in the history of the entire franchise was Green/Blue himself.
>>
>>27649513
Didn't silver do the same thing, or did he just mope around about giovanni and his daddy issues.
>>
>>27649532
Silver isn't opposing you, he's just angry at the world and mostly TR, yes.
>>
As a ghostbro, coming from the 11/10 design that's Mimikkyu, I'm kinda disappointed on sandghost, it looks kinda goofy and dull.
Ghost Marowak looks cool I guess, not amazing, I just wish other gens got Forms Tiki Mask Cofagrigus Tiki Mask Cofagrigus Tiki Mask Cofagrigus COME ON GAMEFREAK
>>
Wait a minute, my bad, I forgot Barry exists.
>>
>>27647588
Ghost Marowak makes sense, so it's cool by me. The sand castle is kinda weird, but I'm alright with it. I'm sure it will endear itself to me.
>>
>literally my little brother's sandcastle
>no interesting twists to the design at all
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>27647588
Looks like we got this gen's vanniluxe.

And that marowak is really underwhelming, fake version have been better.
>>
>>27647588
I like the new marowak, some more painterly designs on his skull would've been nice though.

the sandcastles are just Meh.
>>
>>27647588
Finally, was waiting for this one
>>
File: phoebe.png (44KB, 150x251px) Image search: [Google]
phoebe.png
44KB, 150x251px
>>27647616
It's because they're gonna retcon Phoebe being from Alola like they did for Lt. Surge. She might even be in this game.
>>
>>27647616
You have seen 4 Pokemon that is ghost type, 5 if you add up the pre-evo. Please don't try to sound smart, you are failing. Compare that number to the number that was revealed, or how many ghost type there are on each region... They are but a small community.
>>
>>27651205
What her team Would if she appeared in Sun/Moon? my bet is
>Mega Sableye
>Alolan Marowak
>Dusclops
>Banette
>Sand Castle
>Jellicent
>>
>>27651205
Was Lt. Surge actually retconned to e Unovan?
>>
>>27651328
I'm pretty sure he was. I'm like 80% sure some NPC in Black/white 2 said he was.
>>
>>27648212
Because having the best usable move at 70 BP is extremely bad. Talonflame only has a shitty 80 Base Attack but your ghost of choice needs 150 Base Attack to do as much damage as the 120 BP Brave Bird.
>>
>>27651299
It'd be dusknoir and you know it
>>
>>27651328
no. he is still american.
>>
>>27651328
It's suggested, but not confirmed. They're likely to make more US regions and he sort of doesn't seem like a New Yorker so they're leaving it open, I assume.
>>
>>27651205
She's from Hoenn
>>
>>27651601
Hence the retcon part
>>
Marrowak is alright. The concept is great but the execution is a little bit off. I guess after years of seeing pretty good fan mega evolutions with a similar concept it's tough to settle down with this one.

Sandcastle isn't really doing it for me. I hate to say it but it looks too much like just a sandcastle. I'm not a huge Vanilluxe fan but I can see what they were going for and it's easy to tell it's not just an icecream cone, but the sandcastle ghost is just a strange concept to me and the execution just doesn't work.
>>
>>27651660
It would make sense if she was supposed to be from Hawaii but she isn't.
>>
>>27651660
Aren't the guardians of the orbs her grandparents, that seem like a pretty big retcon.
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.