[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people actually hate this line too?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (56KB, 620x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 620x250px
Do people actually hate this line too?
>>
>>27646708
Yeah, but not me. I fucking love them.
>>
Whoever hates it shouldn't be let free to post on the Internet
>>
>>27646708
I actually like it, thank you very much.
>>
Some people do, on the principle of it being an object. A lot of shitposting happened on /v/ when it was announced for Pokken.
Those people have no taste.
>>
>butthurt fags don't realize a theme of ghost pokemon is the possession of inanimate objects to bring them to "life"
>>
I love how Ive never seen anyone complain about Banette or fucking Drifloon, but starting with Gen 5 people forgot ghosts posessessing objects was a thing and from then on every lampent, honedge, and sandcastle-mon became "literally just an object"

And by love I mean hate but that should be obvious
>>
Isn't it one of the most popular gen V pokemon?

I really like it.
>>
I like it
some people dislike it because its an object but i think ghost types can get away with that since they are possessing those objects
>>
Chandy's in my top 10
>>
>>27646708
Litwick is my favorite pokemon, look at that smug mofo. Also, its pokedex entry is badass.
>>
litwick line seems one of the more popular actually

for good reason, it's a very good line

hell it was in pokken
>>
>>27646826
Banette, Drifloon and Chandelure are good designs. As is Garbodor imo.

Honedge and Sandcastleturd are hideous.
>>
>>27646708
its unusually and ridiculously popular in japan
>>
>>27647046
I don't think garbodor is a bad pokemon but honedge line is great and the sand castle looks ok.

They're both better than garbador
>>
I want to hate it, because it's fucking candles and chandeliers, but I like design and pallet.
>>
>>27647103
I really dislike the sandcastle thingy and I think even that is better than the dumb sword line.
>>
>>27647123
I really don't know why you would hate it unless you just hate object mons.

It's one of the best gen 6 mons i think.
>>
>>27646708
it's furniture and a spooky lamp just doesn't do the trick for me. I really wish it'd get a mega like this:
>>
>>27646708
No, Chandelure is my favorite pokemon. People who complain about shit like this should really read their descriptions sometimes.

>>27646826
No one complains about Weezing or Muk either, when they share the same exact concept as Garbodor in that they're based in different kinds of pollution and mix up all the stuff into their bodies and are equally hideous.
>>
>>27647155
I like that the other lights get faces now too
>>
This is literally my favorite line of pokemon
>>
>>27647139
Eh, I just don't like its design, that's all. Another one I don't like is the Sarcophagus one, but I like its pre-evo for example, so I see no problem with object pokémons at all.

GF is really hit and miss with designs for me.
>>
This design actually looks inspired and creative. It looks like a living (or... nonliving?) creature.

Chandelure can burn souls to keep itself going, and being a lightsource is pretty common in spiritual lore. Lanterns are also often connected to the spirit world, as well as candles.

Honedge's line possessing a sword is practical because it can defend itself with it, as well as cut down tall grass/cut through obstacles. It also makes it very endurant, further protecting it.

A sarcophagus makes sense because that's literally where you put ancient dead bodies. It stands to reason it could get haunted. Same with Spiritomb. Yamask's reasoning is literally explained exactly.

The sandcastle just looks like a sandcastle, with what almost sort of looks a little like a face. But the biggest reason I'm put off by the sandcastle is they gave me nothing on it. No brief description, not even an ability. Why would a ghost possess a sandcastle? Does it possess them as they're built, or does it just sit there ominously, assuming everyone will assume someone else made it? Does it get washed away from the tide? What if a kid kicks it over? What overall benefits are there to BEING a sandcastle?
>>
Name a better "object" pokemon than Chandelure

Hint: You can't
>>
>>27647259
Does Golurk count or is that cheating?
>>
>>27647259
banette. that was easy
>>
File: haaaha.jpg (61KB, 498x360px) Image search: [Google]
haaaha.jpg
61KB, 498x360px
>>27647259
Voltorb.
>>
>>27647231
>No brief description, not even an ability.
Except for the picture of it swallowing a Pikachu into the ground right next to the official art. We don't know its description yet, but the design clearly has a point. We didn't know why a ghost would possess a balloon either until we found out that it actually drags misbehaving kids away.
>>
>>27646708
Hell no, they're great
>>
>>27647259
There are a lot of good object mons.

Banette and honedge line are also really good, but I don't know which one I'd choose if forced.
>>
>>27647314
But that has logic. A balloon would lure a child.

A sandcastle... best case scenario, it is exactly the same concept all over again (same as Drifloon) but with a different shape. A sandcastle, logically, isn't going to draw children in as consistently, though, and their parents wouldn't want them messing with it since it looks like someone worked hard on it.

And wouldn't it work better if it was just a pile of sand? Wouldn't this have just worked better if it had been a Ground-type Alolan Muk form? That way it patiently waits for its prey to step in it, then it swallows them?

How often do people come over to random sandcastles they didn't build? How many of those people step right against it or ON it?

Just doesn't feel well thought out or very inspired to me. I feel like I've already put more thought into it than Gamefreak ever did.
>>
>>27647379
Maybe it's another antlion?

>How often do people come over to random sandcastles they didn't build? How many of those people step right against it or ON it?
My guess is it's "shitty kids who go around stomping on other people's sandcastles"

So if a kid tries to fuck with someone else's castle it could be a mon and then they're fucked.
>>
>>27647379
It could be a million things. It could be the ghost of a lost child who suffocated to death in the sand and is trying to lure other kids in to play with their "sandcastle". Maybe it's like >>27647413 said. We just don't know, so calling it uninspired right now doesn't really do anything. If I was in charge and that was the concept, I'd make it take a few different forms. Never a pile of sand though, that's just awful.
>>
>>27647379
>>27647231

I'm not a /vp/ regular, but this was some of the most autistic shit I've read in a while. Not only that, but thinking the lack of information is enough to justify the criticism here just shows how far you're willing to go to hate on something. Also, honedge's line justification is braindead potato salad levels of stupid.
>>
I love it. I think the shiny forms look amazing too.
>>
Chandelure is my favorite pokemon.
>>
It's not one of my favourites, but it's definitely a great design.

Probably the best object Pokemon.
>>
>>27646708
I fucking love Chandelure. I remember when it was OU and would burn down fucking villages like Pompeii. Good times. Gooood times...
>>
>>27647046
Drifloon is a good design but Drifblim is a bit messy. I think it's the addition of a second purple tone AND red to the colour scheme
>>
>>27646741
Thread should've ended here.
>>
>>27646708
It's one of only two fire type lines that I actually like.

Fuck fire types other than chandelure and volcarona.
>>
File: 1414155894928.png (154KB, 500x505px) Image search: [Google]
1414155894928.png
154KB, 500x505px
>>27646708
chandelure is great
>>
>>27649512
mah nigga
>>
>>27646708
I never was all that crazy about ghost pokemon. They're not terrible, just not for me. Then that candle motherfucker showed up and showed me the way. Chandelure is absolutely my favorite ghost, with Aegislash being a close second.
>>
>>27649512
>chandelure and volcarona.
I don't hate fire types but these two I actually love all the way through.
>>
>>27646783
>Gengar
>Misdraevus
>Duskull
I'm not saying some ghost animation themes are a bad idea, but it has been implemented poorly with Pokemon like rotom. This theme only really stems from GEN 4 on. And while the chandeliers Pokemon is gaudy it's an improvement on rotom fridge. And a possessed sword is an improvement on either as it seems more likely an item to be cursed. Maybe that's just the westerners in me with a lack of open mindedness towards the idea of spirits, I know Japs have many varied mythos i'm not privy too. But this sand castle along the lines of a Muk is a very believable design. Kinda like a mimiku where a spirit occupies an object to hide itself. However aegislash stills reigns as best occupied object. Even knew Mimiku who is awesome in it's own right is not as good an object as sword(/rag). Either the designs on a whole are improving or we are becoming more conditioned to ghost possession pokemon.
>>
File: image.png (106KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
106KB, 450x450px
Shiny chandelure is GOAT
favorite shiny besides kabuto
>>
>>27646708

Chandelure is a haunted chandelier that burns with purple flames made of the souls of its victims.

Shirodesuna is a sandcastle that eats people.

One of these is actually a ghost.
>>
>>27646826
In that context I really wonder why Klefki wasn't Ghost
>>
>>27649649
> poorly with Pokemon like rotom

Shit taste

>This theme only really stems from GEN 4 on.

Banette

>it's an improvement on rotom fridge

How can you be this retarded

> And a possessed sword is an improvement on either as it seems more likely an item to be cursed

Good job not being completely retarded

> However aegislash stills reigns as best occupied object

No that would be Rotom, followed by Banette, followed by Aegislash
>>
>>27649786
Shirodesuna is a haunted sandcastle that drags stray children to their death

Chandelure is a black light for detecting semen

one of these is actually a ghost
>>
>>27649930
Because Klefki is a kleptomaniac fairy. People forget that the pokemon isn't born with the keys around its arms.
>>
>>27646708
I love them, what's wrong with people?

They're a concept done well, unlike Vanillish.
>>
>>27646708
ya its gay fuck all object pokemons including the ones from gen wun
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.