[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there people here who actually like XY, I mean like think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (92KB, 750x509px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 750x509px
Are there people here who actually like XY, I mean like think they are one of the best games?

Like seriously it feels like they didn't finish it, so much stuff is half assed. Lumious save glitch, route 1, route 13, lack of gym leaders leaving gyms There's no cohesion of the region, it just feels like random shit in each town too.

I'm curious, what do you get out of X and Y, compared to any other Pokemon game?
>>
>>27629264
The fact that I never had a chance to try that Bike Race even though we had all designed to be able is the reason why I think it was never a finished job.
>>
To me, X/Y feels like a tech demo. It was GameFreak testing what they could do with the system and 3D in general and then slapped a $40 price tag on it.
>>
>>27629264
XY were shit and gen 6 as whole has left a bad taste in my mouth.
I'm so fucking ready for Alola.
>>
>>27629264
>Are there people here who actually like XY, I mean like think they are one of the best games?

Those are two different questions. I do like XY, but I don't think it's one of the best games in the series, or even close.
>>
>>27629264
I liked it, but its probably just slightly above DP.

>>27629321
This was a big downer for me. Sometimes I run through the bike track for egg hatching but its not the same
>>
I don't get what "Route 1 is lazy" means. If every route was pushed back one number and that was just part of either town, you wouldn't have anything to complain about.

I mean besides the other things to complain about I'm just getting this one off the table.
>>
I agree that X and Y felt unfinished but seriously?

>Lumious save glitch
An honest mistake.

>route 1
It's a joke you nimrod, it's supposed to be funny.

>route 13
Yeah. Route 13. 13. As in the unlucky number 13. It's SUPPOSED to be heinously difficult and annoying, that's the POINT. A hero's journey is not all sunshine and rainbows.
>>
>>27629264
>what do you get out of X and Y, compared to any other Pokemon game?
Cute female protagonist clothing.
>>
>>27629264
I still enjoyed its adventure the most out of all the gens.
>>
>>27629264

I really liked it, it's not my favorite gen but I enjoyed it more than Gen 5 and 3. I feel that the true saving grace of the game was the region, GF really captured the beauty aesthetic and I still wander around and check out little new places that I never really noticed before. There are some definite downsides though.

The thing that annoys me most about it is the fact that the legendary Pokemon have just been given away with no explanation, I miss getting a ticket and going to some island and finding something.

I can't believe that the door on the powerstation is still locked for no explained reason and yet it looks like we're going to get Volcanion distributed via Mystery Gift, that really really irks me more than anything.
>>
Gamefreak was inexerpeinced with models, all the time they had to use to learn modeling likely fucked up the development cycle turning out the turd that was X/Y.

ORAS was a turd just because it was rushed.
>>
Oras is better. Mauville > Lumiose
Mach bike > roller skates
Dexnav > poke radar
>>
File: image.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
228KB, 394x370px
>>27629428
>it's a joke
>>
>>27629428
You're right. Its supposed to be funny.
>>
>>27629428
>It's SUPPOSED to be shit
So gen 6 is just one post-ironic beta test for gen 7.
Masuda is such a genius.
>>
File: 1378343982482.png (23KB, 359x340px) Image search: [Google]
1378343982482.png
23KB, 359x340px
>>27629264
A new environment, a new bunch of Pokemon, and good evil team grunts. The clothing options were terrible, but that's something I guess.

This was never a finished game. It feels 70% at best. They likely banked everything on Z before being told to do something more whimsical. It feels like ORAS and X/Y were merely a taste to a much bigger picture, and it looks like Hawaii is that bigger picture.

That's no excuse to halfass fucking everything and cop out with Megas, even though some Megas really did give Pokemon a much needed boost up in popularity or usage. I don't get much out of X/Y or ORAS. It was fun to revisit Hoenn again, but there was literally nothing else to it. Gen VI feels pointless. Here's hoping Gen VII is much better.
>>
>>27629489
Yes this. The switch from 2D to 3D was always going to be rocky and I don't mind one bad game if it means every game from now on will look and play better.
>>
XY may be my least favorite games, but Route 13 was awesome.
>>
>>27629332
Then it became the highest selling 3ds game
>>
>>27629264
I like XY, but it's just an ok game. It feels incomplete and with everything we know now, it was pretty much a beta for Gen 7.

What I do like it is how big the Kalos dex is and that the game feels fresh, despite everything. Whenever I replay the game I still get that good feeling when an adventure starts. At least in the beginning.

I hope that SM fixes XY in some way.
>>
>>27629428
>honest mistake
If they weren't on the 3ds and couldn't patch, they seriously would have been fucked. You have to travel there 3+ times and it's the main attraction of the region
>>
>>27629428
Is that seriously your argument?
>>
>>27629264
I loved XY. best ones since gen 2
>>
>>27629264

X/Y had problems, but it was trying a lot of new stuff which I can appreciate:

Pros:
>mega evolution
>trainer customization
>3D is a step forward in graphics
>super training
>new battle mechanics like horde battles

Cons:
>Your friends were awful and boring
>Lack of postgame content/side content
>3D actually makes a lot of things bland and forgettable
>unfinished stuff
>team flare is probably worst villainous team we've had
>gyms were ez and forgettable
>a lot of the stuff introduced tended to be gimmicky (sky battles, pokemon riding)
>weak story

There were some truly offensive pokemon designs, but that's been happening since gen 1. Overall I'd say it's on the weaker end of games, but because it was trying some new shit I can appreciate it
>>
>>27629264
I liked it
>>
>>27629264
What was up with route 13? I don't remember it at all
>>
>>27630725
It's the desert route with shifty wind. Broken encounter system and pointless buildings everywhere
>>
>>27630725

it's the desert region with the power plant
>>
>>27630569
Whenever I see a list of things XY did right, it always leaves off Wonder Trade.

Wonder Trade is the single best thing implemented in Gen VI. Turn your breeding leftovers into random shitmons, with the occasional breeding leftover from someone who doesn't suck dick. Meanwhile, all those shitters can be used as Lucky Number Lottery fuel. I reach a point where I would get the 3-number prize daily, at least.
>>
>>27631019
That's actually very true, but when gen 6 gets replaced, no one's going to use it
>>
>>27631019

ah, I actually completely forgot about wonder trade. That was also a neat addition.
>>
>>27629345
Hey ORAS wasn't that bad.
>>
>>27630827
>>27630836
Ah, shitville, population: being spawncamped by Dugtrio
>>
>>27631032
Provided it comes back in Gen VII, I'll still be using it.
>>
>>27631019
I played an ORAS nuzlocke where I was allowed to gamble the catch of the route once through wonder trade. Pretty fun, but I ended up with a lot of shitters. Hit the gold twice with Growlithe and Turtwig though.
>>
>>27631067
I mean you can't probably connect Kalos/Aloha. Then not many people will be using gen 6 for breeding
>>
>>27000000
WHERE
>>
>>27631089
>when a new gen comes out, people move on
Kind of common sense, lad.
>>
>>27629321
This. I even thought you had to beat Grant in a bike race before he lets you challenge his gym

>>27629428
What kind of weak ass apologist comment
>>
>>27631091
July 6th
>>
>>27631171
People can still use other features the other games are known for, not in XY/dream world
>>
They're pretty middle of the road imo. I like them more than gens 3 and 4 but I can easily see why people dislike them.
>>
>>27629264
Demo for SM
>>
Yes, XY was the best experience since HGSS

ORAS could have been the best if they polished it like HGSS
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.