[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about buying a 2DS for $70 and getting heartgold. Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: HeartGoldUS.jpg (394KB, 800x728px) Image search: [Google]
HeartGoldUS.jpg
394KB, 800x728px
Thinking about buying a 2DS for $70 and getting heartgold. Is it worth it? Should I get Omega Ruby instead?
>>
>>27627689
won't heartgold cost you like 70bux too?
just pir8 it on you're smart phone
>>
>>27627689
Yes
>>
I would say less, unless you like gen 3 better
>>
>>27627689
If you have Play Store you could buy DraStic DS Emulator and download roms. The app even have cheats if you're into that, Anon.
>>
>>27627689
buy a 3/2DS compatible DS flashcard instead
>>
>>27627689
Heartgold is a meme, I replayed it recently and it was boring as fuck
>>
>>27627707

More like 40 to 50 if you don't live in a shortage area.

I wanted one and there are still about 15 of each at my gamestops alone...
>>
>>27627689
>$70
>for a 2DS
Really? I hope you mean $70 for both of them, bought mine for $15
>>
>>27627707
I thought about this, but isn't there online capability I'll be missing out on? The last game I played seriously was FireRed and I wanted to see if I was missing out on anything.
>>
>>27627813
all online capability for DS was disconinued like 2 years ago
>>
>>27627707
Lol what if op wants to actually transfer his pokemon though?
>>
>>27627813
If you have a flashcart you can still transfer
>>
>>27627689
Going to hijack this thread with a somewhat relevant question.

Should I buy a 2ds? It's very cheap, and I would only be buying Pokemon games on it.
However I hate the design, as it was ultimately made for little kids.

Thing looks like a Lego, seriously, and based on how rigid it looks I can't imagine it would be too comfortable to use.

Should I just spend a little more and buy a 3DS, or is the 2ds good enough?

Any 2DS owners want to chime in?
>>
>>27628306
I bought the n3ds because I wanted the best of the best, ala faster load times. The non foldable 2ds was the deal breaker for me. Had it not been for that I would have saved more than a 100 dollars
>>
>>27628306
buy a OG 3ds used on ebay and it's cheaper than a 2ds
>>
>>27627689
Heart Gold was a lot of fun. But you wont be able to trade online or battle. You can still trade and battle locally if you have any nearby friends that play, but that's about it. Omega Ruby is pretty good too, but I'm a little biased against it because Hoenn was my least favorite region. They're both good remakes so get both or get whichever one you liked better playing before. Gen 2 was my favorite, personally, so I enjoyed my time playing HG more but OR is the most up to date.
>>
>>27627689
I loved HeartGold. I think you get way more content and charm in HGSS than in ORAS.
>>
I was looking to get hg and ss since my girlfriend and I were looking to play them. If I get a rom on my ds could I still local trade with my legit copies of pearl and Plat?
>>
>>27628306
>>hate the design
>>clearly made for little kids

Actually it looks like a fucking Gameboy, and children today couldn't identify a Gameboy save their ass. The 2DS is a million times better in form factor compared to, say, the first fat, bulky NDS that came out.
>>
>>27627803
Where did you buy your 2ds?
>>
Does the 2DS have a meaningful difference in load time from 3DS?

I'm a bit strapped for cash but I want to play SM when it comes out and maybe ORAS.
>>
>>27627689
Dead thread?
>>
>>27628482
Yes
>>
>>27629071
Sorta. I (OP) decided to just emulate when I found out the trading and battling were just local and not online.
>>
>>27628306
Its a perfectly fine system. You can get one for 60 off the Nintendo store.

I'd say yeah. Plus you may branch out to other games.
>>
i bought SoulSilver when it came out eksdidididiidi
im better than you guys amirite XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!
:DDDD :D!
>>
>>27629278

Did you manage to find a decent rom? All the ones I've tried freeze after 10 minutes.
>>
>>27629532
W-What?

>>27629824
Not him, but just search for the ROM normally but add the word (Patched) to your search
>>
>>27629824
I'm using deSmuME 64 bit and it's worked fine so far. Admittedly I spent the first 20 minutes configuring the controls, messing with the screen size, and googling any save bugs before I really started going. I've only stepped out of my house in the game. However, I've saved and reloaded multiple times and have had no bugs so far. I downloaded the game and emulator from emu paradise.
>>
>>27628306
Get a 3ds and mod it to pirate games.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.