[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rockruff is the new Pikachu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: 1200px-Rockruff.png (567KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Rockruff.png
567KB, 1200x1200px
According to these leaks, Rockruff's evolved form has four forms, just like the starters'.
Not saying the leak is true, but we also now know for sure that the new faggot in the manga has Rockruff as his main companion. CoroCoro also said that Rockruff has "something special" in common with the starters, whatever the fuck that means.
All of this is leading me to believe that Rockruff is intended to be a sort of extra starter, which hasn't happened since gen 1. So maybe either you'll be able to choose Rockruff as a starter through some extra method, you're given a Rockruff in addition to your starter, or there will be a third sister game where Rockruff is the only starter. Maybe this third version is where Ash-Greninja and shit come up, so the anime references won't be in Sun or Moon.
>>
>>27623863
Manga =/= Anime.
>>
>>27623877
Personally, I wouldn't be shocked if Ash got a Rockruff, but that's just me.
>>
>>27623863
>since Gen 1
You mean since Gen 5
>>
>>27623902
Victini is not even close to a starter, jackass.
>>
I just want Ash to be replaced already. A fresh start in the anime. Base the main character on the kid in the Japanese SM trailers. Lots of silly poses for Z moves.
>>
I think if Rockruff was something as significant as a fourth starter, we would have heard about it in leaks by now. There's something different about it but I doubt it's that.
>>
This is stupid. Show us Oricorio's entry so we can know how forms are being handled.
>>
>>27623902
>calling the monkeys starters
>you don't even fucking start with them
You don't think an extra Pokémon to cover your starter's weakness is an entirely different concept to a fourth starter with an entirely separate type from the other three?
>>
>>27623971
>any other pokemon
>>
>>27623914
hes pretty close
hes right next to snivy on the pokedex
>>
>just like the starters'
sure bruh whatever u say
>>
>>27623967
each island has a different form
>>
>>27623929
>would rather the anime's idiocy "make sense" than to just get rid of the idiocy altogether

True, you could do that with a new protag, too, but Japan will never do that.
>>
>>27623863
I don't think it will be a true starter, but I think it will be given to the player a short while after getting their starter, and it'll probably be tied into the new power crystal bangle gimmick (like getting the Kanto starter and mega stone in XY).
>>
>>27624002
I know, but the way people are convinced of this whole multiple forms business, did they not notice that all the starters' entries just have the two slots apeice for their evos? In other words, the only way for there to be separate forms is if all the forms are listed under the specific entry for the final form. This is what we need Oricorio's entry for, if all the forms are being listed under the specific entry. If it is, then it's still plausible. If the dex displays the four forms the same way it does related pokemon, then NO.
>>
>>27624016
Then the starters would have to have something to do with them, too, and there is nothing on them to indicate that.
>>
>>27624048
Forms have existed since Gen IV. The Alolan Pokédex would likely handle them the exact same way as every other Pokédex has until this point.
>>
>>27624078
The only precedence we have for the system the Alola dex is using was in FR/LG, and right away, this dex is fixing the flaw it possessed by having all related evos on ONE page instead of multiple. That's evos, though. I forget how the FR/LG dex handled Unown/Castform/Deoxys. It's possible it didn't handle Deoxys at all since the form of Deoxys was exclusive to just those versions. (I forget if one version had the power to "see" the other version's form)
>>
File: NewPikachu.png (233KB, 433x493px) Image search: [Google]
NewPikachu.png
233KB, 433x493px
>>27623863
>>
>>27623914
I think anon was referring to the monkey trio.
>>
File: iwata2.jpg (32KB, 800x429px) Image search: [Google]
iwata2.jpg
32KB, 800x429px
>>27623914
You are retarded.

>>27623971
The monkeys were clearly intended as supplementary starters.
>>
>>27624168
How do you figure that FR/LG is the precedent? Wouldn't it be DPPt, which introduced Gastrodon, Cherrim, Arceus, and gender differences?
>>
File: 03_Meowstic.png (297KB, 616x369px) Image search: [Google]
03_Meowstic.png
297KB, 616x369px
>>27624168
>FRLG only precedent for split evos
Anon, I...
Though of course it depends on them having the same name or possibly different names as to how they wish to do it. Meowstic manages to share the same dex space in the forms tab.
>>
>>27624168
If you battle someone with a different game, you have to be able to see their Deoxys.
>>
>>27624265
I'm investigating when the dex started being able to display different forms.
>>
>>27624288
It was definitely fourth gen, unless the third gen dex has some voodoo shit in it that I haven't discovered.
>>
>>27624288
Okay, yeah, the gen 4 dex was the first to display forms, and they are usually displayed under the specific entry, but it's never been mixed with FR/LG's evo path display before, which is why I'm not certain.
>>
Wait, I'm a damn idiot. We've seen Pikachu's entry. The forms view has ALWAYS included ANY other form it possesses, including gender differences. The entry we saw was only displaying one form of Pikachu, so the display is not affected by any other forms.
>>
I want to be Rockruff!
>>
>>27624189
That's Oshawott and Chespin though.
>>
>>27623863
>Rockruff is the new Pikachu
More like Lucario or Zoroark, but seemingly with a more universally appealing design and better advertising.
It better stay quadrupedal.

And I don't believe the "leaks" at all and I think it's someone who had some concept sketches fucking with everyone so that when they actually reveal stuff it'll be a way bigger surprise, but I'm not really invested either way because I'm not a fucking weirdo. But, I'd refrain from putting actual time and effort into randomly speculating either way since you're not a Pokemon designer and you're wasting time and energy better spent doing anything else.
>>
>>27623929

Base the protag off both trainers from S/M.

Dual protags, make them brother and sister to play off of the dynamic you can get with that. Good characters made better together. (For a great example, look at Dipper and Mabel in Gravity Falls.)
>>
>>27623863
> multiple evolution
> "something special"
> treat as extra starter
So it's just an eevee?
>>
>>27623900
Rockruff will likely be owned by a main character, either Ash, his male traveling companion (and being the next Piplup/Axew/Dedenne) or by his main rival.
>>
>>27623863
What type is Rockruff?
>>
>>27624902
>stay quadrupedal.
>>>>evolves into a man-wolf
>>
>>27627095
I support this, the SM protags as twins that just moved to Alola, guy gets Litten, girl gets Popplio, Hau gets Rowlet, all three travel together, Hau acts as mediator to their sibling shenanigans.
>>
>>27628911
Are you seriously asking that?
>>
>>27629302
Considering no one has mentioned it in this thread, and alolan exxugtor is a fucking grass/dragon, yes.

From appearances alone, I assume it's a normal shitmon.
>>
>>27629353
Either high quality bait or you're legitimately really fucking stupid.
>>
>inb4 its just eevee who adapted to living in the mountain
>turns into alt versions of the original 3 eeveelutions and an evolved rock form
>>
>>27624219
Starters are your first Pokemon.
Did you pick a monkey before any other mon in B/W?
>>
File: 1331959361803.jpg (16KB, 386x258px) Image search: [Google]
1331959361803.jpg
16KB, 386x258px
>>27623863
>Rockruff's evolved form has four forms, just like the starters'.
>>
>>27624078
>what is castform
>what is unown
>>
When the fuck does CoroCoro drop? I wanna know the validity of this damn leak sooner than later...
>>
>>27623863
I'm not pissed that Rockruff is destined to be the new mascot. It's pretty appealing and if it truly has several alternate evos there's something for everyone to like. What pisses me off is that Game Freak is going to push one of the evos over the others. It's what pisses me off about M-Charizard X and Greninja.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.