[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>t-they improved the designs! g-genwunners btfo!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 15

File: a55.jpg (96KB, 1199x725px) Image search: [Google]
a55.jpg
96KB, 1199x725px
>t-they improved the designs! g-genwunners btfo!
>>
>>27619103
>Every Alola form will have a longer neck meme
Please leave this board
>>
>>27619199
I like him better than I like you
>>
I thought that was going to be a twin towers joke by the catalog thumbnail.

I would have preferred that.
>>
>>27619215
I thought the same thing
>>
File: 1465010904480.gif (974KB, 467x350px) Image search: [Google]
1465010904480.gif
974KB, 467x350px
>>27619103
>G-guys ! l-look at the unova d-dex ! t-they're all ice c-creams, haha, fucking new g-gens, pokemon used to be c-cool you kn-know? r-right guys?
>>
It works because it's a Palm tree, Latias isn't. Nor is every other pokemon ever. Ice type alolan forms should be the meme
>>
>>27619199
This reminds me of the "Every Mega Evolution will just grow longer hair" meme
>>
>>27619103
When will you fools accept that squat Exeggutor is a sad mutant and Alolan Exeggutor is his natural form?
>>
>>27619103
What a fucking retard. I don't understand what's so hard for you ass pirates to see it's a fucking palm tree.
>>
File: niggawhat.png (102KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
niggawhat.png
102KB, 300x256px
>>27619238
>>
>>27620430
I don't get it. I've seen so many people ask "Wasn't he already a palm tree?" Like yeah no fucking shit sherlock what are you trying to say?
>>
>>27619103

I started playing when Red/Blue came out as well, and have stayed with the series intermittently. I've liked most of the new designs over the years with a handful of exceptions.

Serious question; if the genwunner crowd seriously believes nothing has topped the 151, why are you still playing? Why are you still spending your life talking about it? You're in your late twenties to early thirties, yeah?

If it's so shit, I can't imagine why you waste your time like this.
>>
>>27619251
ice cream was an actual shit design
one among many in gen 5
unova it is true
>>
>>27620491
Palm trees are tall when given the correct conditions to grow. Alola has the right conditions. Kanto and the others didn't so Exeggutor was stunted in its growth.
>>
File: Confused Charizard.png (803KB, 711x613px) Image search: [Google]
Confused Charizard.png
803KB, 711x613px
>>27620441
>>
>>27620555
Because they're retards that just want to shitpost, and want to seem like they're still normalfags. They secretly still like Pokemon and the new designs, but they wanna seem as normal as possible, ie: "haha pokaymanz was only good back when I was a kid"
>>
>>27620953
More like sadness of a favorite series slowly going down the drain
>>
>>27620989
Hardly. Besides that is nothing more than an opinion. Been playing Pokemon Red here since it came out, Pokemon is still fine as are the designs.
>>
>>27619103
>less brand new pokemon because of a lot of work will go on Alola forms of genwun
Yes, genwun truly btfo. I love it when my new games are full of genwun mons, who needs new pokemon when you can have Vulpix and friends? Only a genwunner would want new mons, am I right my fellow based as fuck /vp/ bros?
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 500x682px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 500x682px
Don't be a butt

It's adorable
>>
File: Snowless_Vanillite.png (166KB, 310x219px) Image search: [Google]
Snowless_Vanillite.png
166KB, 310x219px
>>27619251
>tfw when you like yhe vanillite line
>have no one to share the sentiment
>>
>>27621003
grass/dragon
>>
I like how exeggutor is now the third tallest pokemon
>>
>>27622099
>I like how exeggutor is now the second tallest pokemon
ftfy
>>
>>27621713
Mine was named Chip. I flipped my shit when it evolved into Vanilluxe and I saw the face on the back.

Ice Cream is best bro.
>>
>>27622113
Isn't Mega Rayquaza still taller?
>>
File: vgvytvukc.png (10KB, 469x249px) Image search: [Google]
vgvytvukc.png
10KB, 469x249px
>>27622209
nope 4 inches shorter
>>
>>27622247
>13 years later and Wailord is still the largest Pokemon
Can anyone fail the whale?
>>
I love how genwunners are suddenly pretending they loved Exeggutor.
>>
>>27622275
I've always maintained that Exeggutor is trash. First of all, it's got the most weaknesses of any Pokemon, tied with Celebi and Abomasnow. On top of which, it's not easy to get one, and you usually can't get one until too late in to the game, and at that point it isn't going to be better than anything you have on your team already. Lastly, it isn't even that good. It's good in the sunlight, but as of XY that's almost still useless.

I hope they give it a stat boost as well. I can see Sandslash and Ninetales having the same stat total, just redistributed, but I really, really hope Exeggutor gets a stat boost as well. It's like five times taller and five times heavier, there's no reason it shouldn't also be stronger.
>>
>>27622275
Standard Exeggutor was neat, but nothing special. I fucking love Exeggutall though because of its faces. They're just so fucking happy. Those faces are practically shouting, "HOLY FUCK I LOVE BEING THIS TALL, LIFE IS FUCKING GREAT!"
>>
>>27622275
u bitch i have an exeggutor tattoo he's been my favorite for almost 2 decades
>>
>>27622428
>u
>i
Kill yourself.
>>
>>27622452

>2016
>using shift
>>
File: prettymuchthis.jpg (42KB, 544x476px) Image search: [Google]
prettymuchthis.jpg
42KB, 544x476px
>>27620555
I think it is overblown at this point. I see a few obvious troll threads here and there, where someone pretends to be a "genwunner", and then everyone blows up on the OP. It is actually "cool" to hate the first generation of pokemon now, because of its popularity and age. (Sort of how you can find Generation Z kids that will say the Beetles were an absolute shit band).

Most of the people on this board have unironically become what they hated. Now spewing the term "genwunners" with the same hatred you'd expect out of a southern clansmen. Hating a group of Pokemon because of what it symbolizes, while heralding the newer generations that they remember as their "originals", and crying at every new game mechanic, and new Generation that follows.
>>
File: victreebel.jpg (32KB, 300x254px) Image search: [Google]
victreebel.jpg
32KB, 300x254px
>>27622275
I can't speak for others, but it wasn't until a few years ago I realized how much I enjoyed grass Pokemon in general. Lot of the ones in Gen 1 just made me realize it. This guy fro example has been my main bro for awhile.

Exeggutor was another one I liked going back, and replaying through Blue, the Grass/Psychic was actually pretty good.
>>
>>27622521
This. Both extremes are horrible, people just can't seem to understand others will have different tastes than them. Even if it a troll thread or a bait post they should just ignore it, since anybody with this extremist mentality is contributing to making this place as bad as possible, and you're not helping or looking "cool" by irrationally ah shitting on a game to prove a point.

I hate the genwunner Boogeyman here in /vp/, people are way too harsh on those games because they fear being called out, but in the end they're even worse than actual genwunners.
>>
>>27622521
>defending genwunners
Fuck off out of here.
>>
File: 29853.png (5KB, 625x52px) Image search: [Google]
29853.png
5KB, 625x52px
They couldn't even bother following the Pokedex. Aloha Exeggutor should just have huge heads.
>>
>>27622521
It's not really the Beatles scenario at all. The reason why people hate Genwunners is because all they do is bitch and ruin everything for everyone else.
>>
>>27622521
>unironically using Generation y or z
>>
>>27622521
>the beatles aren't shit
This bait is better than genwunning
>>
>>27619103
>Dugtreeo
>>
File: 1363132709720.png (62KB, 194x235px) Image search: [Google]
1363132709720.png
62KB, 194x235px
>garchomp has spikes
>LOL EVERY GEN 4 MON IS COVERED IN SPIKES
>mega sheep gets wool
>LOL EVERY MEGA GETS LONG HAIR
>a palm tree becomes tall
>LOL EVERY ALOLA FORM GETS A LONG NECK

i fucking hate people
>>
>>27622783
Really. Cause to me it looks like everyone bitches about and ruins everything for themselves anyway, it just so happens that if someone mentions they prefer Gen 1 mons (which spoiler alert isn't grounds for GENWUNNER MODS REEEEEEEEEEE) they get shitposted into oblivion by children and contrarians who need to feel vindicated on anonymous image board for Pokemon.
>>
>>27625495
Genwunners dont come to /vp/, but rhey do exist. The Pokemon Go subreddit is swarming with them like fleas, and whenever someone mentions adding new Pokemon to the game they'll go into a frenzy of just HAVING to state their opinion
>>
>>27622247
Fucking manlet
>>
>>27619103
at least he's not
a fucking icecream
a fucking leaf
a fucking keychain
a fucking lightbulb ghost
>>
>>27625549
At least he's not fucking sludge, a mole that any kid with little art talent could draw, a pokeball mimic, or a fucking magnet attached to a metal ball (gen 4 at least redeemed Magnemite by giving him a cool new design)
>>
>>27625585
at least he's not a fucking mexican pineapple, a fucking eyeball rock, a fucking alien rock, a fucking jew rock, a fucking nigga rock
>>
>>27625664
See you get the idea. All gens have their share of questionable pokemon design choices.

Also:
>Nigga rock
Wait which one is this?
>>
>>27622850
Never said that anon, I was just saying the situations are nothing alike.
>>
File: pokemongrouplaugh.jpg (343KB, 800x750px) Image search: [Google]
pokemongrouplaugh.jpg
343KB, 800x750px
>>27619103
>If Chikorita's neck is that long, how will Bayleef look?
>>
>>27625688
I have no idea. All I think of is Jynx when someone says "nigger" and "Pokémon" in the same sentence.
>>
>>27625508
I'm not denying they exist. Of course there are a bunch of casuals who are like "There should only be 151 pokemon, they should have stop making the games and money when I stopped playing them." However those people have jobs and tinder profiles and as such are too busy wage slaving and swiping right for land whales and nu-males because they are so desperate for affection. They do not have time to come shitpost on 4chan, instead you have some older anons who just genuinely enjoy most of the pokemon they grew up with over some of the later ones. Gen 3 fags, Gen 4 fags and so on don't get sperged at when they make such claims and that is because there isn't a buzzword and stigma against them in the fanbase for a children's game. The only reason Gen 1 gets so much hate is because dejected losers who feel persecuted by normal people because they go full autismo with pokemon and play it in public instead of just keeping it at home, then take it out on other people who like Gen 1 mons (the ones normal people their own age know) who also go autismo on pokemon and come to talk about it on the internet because they want to get justice against the
"Normies".
>>
>>27625688
geodude
>>
>>27625714
>If Raditz went SSJ3 how would his hair look?
>>
>>27625750
>Reddit
>Jobs
>>
>>27625714
>>
>>27619103
Genwunner here, I like the new exeggcutor
>>
>>27625750
Holy shit all this projecting.

And also what's wrong with playing Pokemon in public?
>>
>>27619254
There's snow in Hawaii why shouldn't there be ice types?
>>
>>27625549
>>27625585
>>27625664
these are all fine monster designs
>>
>>27625750
You were doing good, but you fucked it all up halfway through. Genwunners are hated because they hate Pokemon. That's it. They "loved" Pokemon when it was a fad, dropped it and jumped ship to the next "cool" thing after a few months. Now they can't deal with the fact that Pokemon is still popular, thay feel out of touch with it and proceed to shit all over anything that isn't part of their memories.

"W-well, I played it when it was cool! Back in my day *blahblah* now ALL pokemon are *insert nonsense here*"
"Pokemon were *insert nonsense here* in gen 1 too, look at *examples*"
"No! shut up! *examples* is cool! Gen 1 is flawless! all the new pokemon are shit! Please pay attention to me!"

I guarantee you that they say "original 150", ignore Mew, and include a handful of Gen 2 mons in that list. These people do exist, and they're all over the internet. Bitch please, you don't have to make a fool out of yourself, you don't like new pokemon because you don't care about them.

There are a few autists that hate anyone who likes gen 1 or proceeded to hate gen 1 itself, but it was all caused by the genwunners, sadly. The majority won't care if you like Gen 1 or any other gen more than others, as long as you don't go full retard, people accept your opinions
>>
>>27625891
>t. GF
>>
Taking an opinion you dislike and making it stuttery doesn't make the opinion wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 403x403px
>>27625779
What would SSJ3 Nappa look like? Would he grow hair?
>>
>>27625802
Personally I couldn't care less when I see other people do it, however I would never play main line Pokemon games outside my own home because I know that people are judgmental and I'm not going to give them ammo. 3D's are bulky and look silly to carry around in your pocket if you're a functioning adult, if you're in college or live in the big city and have to take public transit and tote around a backpack by all means do you but 25 year olds who are just sitting inside a gamestop or at the food court in the mall while playing pokemon need to have some self awareness.
>>
>>27625997
I've only played green/red/blue/yellow/firered/leafgreen (and GO!). Have replayed the originals periodically over the past 20 years, and played through Green despite knowing 0 Japanese (the "what the fuck is going on" challenge). I remade every gen 1 sprite from scratch, but I hate probably 80% of the Pokemon designs after gen 1. There are a few shitty designs in gen 1 as well.

Am I a Pokemon-hating genwunner? Or do you have to be a total far-riding casual who hates literally every new Pokemon and defends Mr Mime/Jynx/Dugtrio?
>>
>>27626133
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
NORMIE
etc
>>
>>27621713
This single panel made me stop hating Vanillite, because I realised it wasn't actually an ice cream cone. It's just snow on top of its head that *looks* like ice cream.
>>
>>27620329
Ah. I forgot about that one. Of all megas I still wonder why they went with ampharos first
>>
>>27625997
I don't disagree with you, those people do exist and they do sperg their shit opinion and it's mildly annoying.The problem is that /vp/ isn't a casual board, the people here are actively playing microsoft excel as they try to make their pokemon competitively viable. A number of these anons express favor for some Gen 1 mons, most others I either have simple disagreements "Shit taste senpai", however a very vocal minority go full blown triggered "GENWUNNERS ARE RUINING THIS BOARD, LOOK AT THIS GENWUNNER WHO JUST SAID HE THOUGHT ELECTABUZZ WAS A COOL LOOKING POKEMON." There are exceptionally few genwunners who post here, there are many anons on a witch hunt and burn anyone who does think the pokemon games started with Emerald.
>>
>>27626208
You're not a genwunner to me, but who knows what other people may think. You actually like pokemon, not just your memories of them.
I think I don't like 70-80% of the total pokemon too, and that's fine. I don't hate any of them and go full retard calling them digimon, overdesigned, not-a-pokemon, out of ideas, etc. That's just bullshit and opinions aren't facts. I'm sure every single pokemon has fans, not all of them have to appeal to you
>>
>>27626208
Anon, I think you're just a sensible person. You're not that bad at all compared to some " REEEEEEEE MUH POKEY, ANS" people
>>
>>27620905
I have a friend who said that Kanto's would be the bigger one because it's an urban area so it needs to be tall to get sunlight, meanwhile hawaii always has sunlight available so it doesn't need to adapt
>>
>>27622528
You didn't notice because nice grass types were also poison and so they got fucked by psychic types in the generation when psychic types reigned supreme.

But in later generations poison type became an asset, not a liability, especially now that poison is strong against fairy.
>>
>>27619199
>>27619210
rekt
>>
>>27625800
>genwunner here
There's nothing to be proud about being a genwunner.
>>
>>27626363
I can see where he's coming from, but I'm guessing Alola has more sunshine hours than the other regions. More general exposure to the sun throughout the year leads to different growth patterns. I was thinking Hoenn should have Alola-form Exeggutor as well, but maybe they aren't far south enough or something.
>>
>>27621713
I do. I just wish the final form had been a double-scoop, one on top of the other, shaped like a snowman.
>>
>>27626363
trees don't grow tall to reach the sunlight, they grow tall if they get lots of sunlight. Is your friend retarded? Ask him why the trees in New York aren't as tall as the trees in the rain forest. It's not because the NY trees are lazy.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.