[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He's going to use old Pokemon in Alola

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

File: 1329240135844.jpg (239KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1329240135844.jpg
239KB, 800x800px
>He's going to use old Pokemon in Alola
>>
If the starter leaks are real I'm boxing them and importing a Charmander instead.
>>
I don't blame anyone for using one well-traveled bro, but I do question the point of not exploring the new Pokemon cast. I'll probably pick up 5 new mons and maybe an Alola form.
>>
I always make an effort to use as many new Pokemon as possible. I don't know why you wouldn't, that just ruins the experience IMO.
>>
>Alola Marowak
You bet I am
>>
>>27619016
Possibly, depends on how easy tranfering pokemon from Y to S/M for me. If I get to use my bromons then only some of the new mons will be on my team.
>>
I use whatever I like. Feels great not being bound by autistic "rules" for your playthroughs.
Vikavolt is definitely my starter in replacement of the awful Alola ones though.
>>
I'm hoping the leak list is real, meaning we get 100 new mons. Combined with Gen 6's Exp Share, it'd be nice to be able to try out a huge variety of Pokemon
>>
File: polibored.png (177KB, 316x350px) Image search: [Google]
polibored.png
177KB, 316x350px
>>27619026
I feel ya
>>
Every Pokemon game should be done in the style of B/W. Only new Pokemon available during the main game, oldmons available postgame.
>>
>>27619016
I always use at least one old Pokemon I've never fully appreciated in new gens.
>>
>>27619173
>>27619026
>Using Shitmander
>>
>>27619182
This.
>>
Like how in Y I used a Manectric and in X an Abomasnow for the purpose of Megas, in SM I'll use five brand new Pokemon and one Alola variant.
>>
>>27619207
What are you gonna do about it, hipsterfag?
>>
There's nothing wrong with using a Pokemon who has been greatly updated, either. Like, if Ledian gets a Mega, for example.

It's always been my preference to use Pokemon from the region, though.
>>
File: 12221545451.jpg (19KB, 270x200px) Image search: [Google]
12221545451.jpg
19KB, 270x200px
>>27619016
I won't because rowlet is gonna rape everything in its path
>>
>>27619182
Not everyone plays the games only using Pokemon introduced that region like I do. There should be plenty of options old and new so everyone has something.
>>
File: aaaaaaahaha.png (151KB, 499x473px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaahaha.png
151KB, 499x473px
>>27619247
>Retrofag with a nostalgiaboner for Shitmander
>Calling me a hipster
I bet you think plaid looks good too. Have fun grooming your mustache.
>>
Ive got a noibat im going to trade over, besides him its all new pokemon
>>
>>27619255
There's nothing wrong with using anything, as long as you like it.
I'll be doing a mono-bug run regardless of how many there ends up being in SM.
>>
>>27619270
You are a contrarian faggot, end of story.
>>
>>27619016
>not using executall
>>
>>27619290
>Liking new pokemon is contrarian now
>>
>>27619270
>nostalgia
I started with Gold and Silver though. Totodile was my first starter, but Charmander is still better.

And for the record plaid looks awful.
>>
K-On! (けいおん! Keion!?) is a Japanese four-panel comic strip seinen manga written and illustrated by Kakifly. The manga was serialized in Houbunsha's seinen manga magazine Manga Time Kirara between the May 2007 and October 2010 issues. It was also serialized in Houbunsha's magazine Manga Time Kirara Carat. The manga relaunched from April 2011 to June 2012 with two separate storylines published in Manga Time Kirara and Manga Time Kirara Carat. The manga is licensed in North America by Yen Press.

A 13-episode anime adaptation produced by Kyoto Animation aired in Japan between April and June 2009. An additional original video animation (OVA) episode was released in January 2010. A 26-episode second season, titled K-On!! (with two exclamation marks), aired in Japan between April and September 2010, with an OVA episode released in March 2011. An animated film based on the series was released in Japan on December 3, 2011. Bandai Entertainment had licensed the first season until their closure in 2012.
>>
I'll probably use at least one Alola form just for the novelty of it. They're basically new anyway
>>
>>27619140
Worst case scenario you just use bank to transfer them.
>>
>>27619327
That is what I'm hoping, if I can use my main man poliwhirl I'm fucking using him.
>>
>>27619290
>What? Someone wasn't born in the same year as me? T-Their opinions are all contrarian garbage I'm always right you're always wrong!!
>>
>>27619302
No, but hating one of the most popular Pokemon is.
>>
>>27619026
This, i will use my ralts as starter
>>
>>27619350
>using stuttering to make others sound stupid
>denying that not liking charmander is contrarian
Honestly kill yourself.
>>
>>27619268

Whenever I see old Pokémon in new areas, I instantly lose interest in playing. It's lazy, it's pandering to nostalgia and most of the time they feel tacked on. Pokemon X/Y felt like a fan game with the ridiculous amount of random pokemon in every area.
>>
>>27619428
I, too, despise the idea of the player having options.
>>
>>27619440

Players have options. If they want gen 1 pokemon, play gen 1 games or wait for post-game. I don't need a not-viridian forest with Metapod, Pikachu and Pidgey every game.
>>
>>27619428
I enjoy it since it gives me more options when doing later playthroughs.
Honestly, the most balanced region to me personally was Platinum Sinnoh due to the great balance between the new Pokemon and old.
>>
>>27619016
The only old pokemon i use in a new gen is >muh waifu and only if it's available on the regional dex
>>
>>27619428
You realize Black and White had the problem of little variety? The early game was just cocaine rat and cat.

Like, You pretty much stick to the same 10 pokemon on replay
>>
desu most of the new pokemon look lame. i try to use the new pokemon but, in every game, most of my team ends up being from gen1
>>
>>27619465
I actually quite enjoyed BW for having a completely unique dex for the main game, but it's also one of the reasons why it's not very fun to replay, aside from a very slow main game.
Only 150+ Pokémon in the region, basically RBY-tier.
BW2 did it right.
Having a nice mix of old and Unovamons is great.
And I'm sorry, but you really shouldn't pretend that your opinions are worth anything if you think the player having less options is good.
While XY's idea of having a terrible size of 72 new Pokemon and 400+ in the main game was shit, it's still better than what BW did in the long run, as much as I hate to admit.
>>
>>27619487

Sure, but the answer isn't just adding popular old Pokémon to early areas. There's like 30 different Pokémon from all gens in Route 12 of Kalos, for instance. It kills the identity of the game, it de-values every Pokémon you see, none feel special.
>>
>>27619555

Trips confirm truth. It feels like you're using Gameshark to find all Pokémon in the same grass spot.
>>
>>27619026
THIS

Rowlett is the only one with a decent 3rd form and even then it's uninspired.

My first run will be a no starter run.
>>
>>27619555
This tbqh. Instead of having a ton of Pokemon on one route, have a lot of different areas to find all of the Pokemon in.
>>
File: 1470360940694.png (361KB, 581x645px) Image search: [Google]
1470360940694.png
361KB, 581x645px
>>27619255
>using Megas in-game
worse than using the Exp Share to be honest. Embarrassing
>>
File: 1458346368150.jpg (13KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1458346368150.jpg
13KB, 500x281px
>>27619487

The issue is exposure and location. If old pokemon pop up in new games it gives people fuck all incentive to actually try out the new pokemon. People will harken back to how familiar and safe the old pokemon are and won't experiment more often than not. Also the fact that a pikachu showing up in Unova if its only indigenous to Kanto and Johto is fucking retarded.
>>
File: giphy.gif (959KB, 500x215px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
959KB, 500x215px
>He's going to transfer anything to Sun and Moon
Gross desu, starting fresh. Going to hyper train a ditto and rely on wild captures and wonder trade to stock up on shit
>tfw story mons can be useful in post game through hyper training
>>
>>27619026
This. I'll import an eevee.
>>
>>27619016
Would you consider an Alola form and old pokemon? Because Alola Ninetales is 2cute4me and I'm using one.

I definitely want to primarily use new pokemon though. I usually do 4-5 new mons in regions where old and new mons are mixed.
>>
File: shaloman.jpg (104KB, 600x892px) Image search: [Google]
shaloman.jpg
104KB, 600x892px
I'll admit I do have a problem of not sufficiently exploring the newer Pokemon. The X and Y style was the worst in how they gave you two starters at the beginning of the game! I always ditched the new starter in favor of the old.
>>
>>27619596
I agree. I don't even know half of gen 6 because there were other, more familiar Pokemon I could pick. I didn't want to take a risk with something I wasn't familiar with in case it was shit.
>>
>>27619270
>being this unironically contrarian
hi rxddit, you don't have to do that to fit in here.
>>
So IVs really don't matter anymore, now that Hyper Training exists?
>>
>>27619016
>He's using only new pokemon in Alola.
>>
>>27619026
might bring a protean froakie with perfect IVs that I bred yesterday
>>
>Litten if leaks are fake, Rowlet if not
>Salandit either way
>Rockruff
>Probably Lurantis
>Motha fuckin' Snowslash

You bet your sweet ass I'm using the first Ice/Steel 'mon, sounds rad tBh
>le 4x weakness meme
>>
>>27619594
Do you feel like an elite pokemon player
>>
>>27619651
That's the way it seems. The official site shows a pikachu being boosted from shitty ivs to full 31's through hyper training
>>
>>27619016
Regions with lots of Pokemon are the best, especially when playing with friends. Everyone has different taste so your teams are all pretty diverse.

I can't wait for SM, about 6 of us are all going to be playing, battling, and trading through the game at the same time. It's also more fun to have lots of Pokemon to catch during a playthrough. More Pokemon is always better.
>>
>>27619651
You need to bring the pokemon to level 100 in order to use the hyper training

If they don't bring a proper Le wow/Blissey bases replacement then it'd still be easier to breed IVs
It's still nice for event legendaries and for that bro you've been dragging around since RS, i guess.
>>
>>27619684
This. If there's no good grinding spot you'll basically just have to slog a ditto to 100, hyper train it, and then breed everything else but it's still great for legendaries or baby pokemon. Basically just get the right nature, ability, and egg moves and you're set
>>
>>27619555
Early areas admittedly should not have old Pokemon. At least have people have to use new Pokemon during the first gym or equivalent, there should be enough new Pokemon that variety won't be an issue

Past that though, I think they should go for variety, especially if they do stuff like in Gen III where Pokemon who were way rarer or less known about show up at more appreciable rates. Hell, many people still seem to think Skarmory and Slugma were Gen III Pokemon due to how well that was handled there and how poorly Johto handled that

...As much as I love gen II, Gamefreak really fucked up on things like distribution
>>
>>27619684
Do you mean extra XP mons?
>>
>>27619016
I like mixing my old bros with my new bros, it helps me get used to the game faster. I understand why most people use all new mons, but to me it just feels like a gimmick. Nothing's wrong with gimmicks, but I'd rather my first run be as standard as possible so I can fuck around later.
>>
>>27619596
Best solution is to use lesser known old Pokemon, and wait til, at the earliest, mid game
>>
>>27619684
>>27619722
What if I always level my competitive mons to 100, because I like having a perfect team?
>>
Sorry, but I can't help but to use Exeggcutor? How could you look at thing and say, "nope, not even gonna try it out"?
>>
>>27619742
>New pokémon are gimmicks
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>27619182
I like what they did with Black and White, but I don't think they'll go back to it. A lot of people got upset. Ideally, there should be a good mix of new and old.
>>
>>27619922
Using only pokemon from a single region, not the pokemon themselves.
>>
>>27619922
Just look at the fucking ghost pikachu thing and tell me that isn't a gimmick.
>>
>>27619016
only 1 alola variant of a Pokemon I haven't used.
>>
>>27619612
>starting fresh
>already have a formulated plan on how you're going to play the game aka how you've played every other pokemon game

yea so "fresh"
>>
>>27620181
Not him, but I have actually done this in every single game. Start fresh that is. I have started completely from scratch, and without transferring from previous games have managed to rebuild my living dex back up over and over. It's fun and satisfying for me.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.