[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living Pokedex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (48KB, 450x327px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 450x327px
Anyone here have a living dex? I recently bought ORAS and I want to make one, sounds like fun.

Any tips or general advice for anyone who's done it?
>>
I'm almost done with mine, just need some 4th gen mons but I only have Diamond version and I don't really want to play through it.
I could just trade but it's more fun to catch them all myself
>>
>>27617926
I finished mine about a year ago. It's easier than ever before if you have oras and xy. Or just do more gts if you don't have xy

I started by completing every routes dex nav, get the platinum star for every route. Then you'll have a complete hoenn dex after some evolving. Then I went to xy and completed every part of the kalos dex. Pokebank is pretty much a necessity for mass transferring between games. After that, it's pretty simple to fill in the gaps. I did a gen at a time. Oras has a ton of legendaries but if you want a living dex, don't use them for gts trades. I found it lots easier to deposit a pokemon and wait rather than look for a fair trade.

It takes a lot of time but it's worth it. I've caught a ton of shinies with the shiny charm and with a living dex I can easily get a complete dex for every future game after I catch the new ones
>>
>>27618516
Is it better to get through the main game, finish the four and then go back and start wrapping up the routes?
>>
>>27618674
That's what I did but it probably doesn't make too much of a difference. If you already beat the game just go back for the routes. If it's your first playthrough catch as many as you can but you'll probably need to backtrack for a few because some pokemon are hidden like bagon and jigglypuff. No reason to start a new game for the platinum stars though.
>>
I used pkhex to get mine
>>
File: 1296181586029.png (174KB, 619x647px) Image search: [Google]
1296181586029.png
174KB, 619x647px
>>27617926
I finished mine in Gen4 since every Pokemon was attainable in HGSS, including event Pokemon. It was pretty simple after that to keep it up, though starting from scratch is pretty daunting.

Just catch literally everything. Make your team whatever, but catch every single available pokemon as you encounter them till you have everything available and then move on. Evolve whatever you need post game. Move on to next game, rinse/repeat.
>>
Could I catch everything in ORAS? Or do I have to play X/Y? I didn't really enjoy those but if I have to I will
>>
Ive been considering doing this as well. Catching literally everything you see and working from there via trades seems the best option.

Out of curiosity, can BW still access PokeBank? I've somehow not tried using it yet and was curious, as I wanted to save my mons for SM.
>>
>>27618898
>including event Pokemon
Were Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and Manaphy actually contained within normal gameplay?
>>
Also how long hour wise is this going to realistically take?
>>
>>27619501
no they were all events but they weren't hard to miss.

also you could get jirachi from colosseum.

mew from my ookemon ranch or whatever.

and manaphy from I forgot where..

but the events weren't hard to miss unless you lived in a rural area or something
>>
>>27619583
Manaphy you can get from pokemon ranger

But don't do what I did was play the entire game through on a used copy to discover the manaphy had been taken. It only works on the first playthrough
>>
I did the living dex when black and white came out. At that time the regis were only in emerald so I started that game. Technique was catch every pokemon I saw got the regis then transfer up to diamond

Finished diamond and the pearl for a single pokemon (purugly). Then caught tons in heartgold. At the time lots of events happened so got the event ones

Before I stared I made a spreadsheet of every pokemon and what game it came in so I could figure out where exactly every one was. I recommend doing this . I think now you just need oras xy and bw2 games to get them all making it way faster

It's one of my favorite achievements and totally worth it can breed up any pokemon I want and when new games come it's easy to catch up
>>
I've been transferring Pokemon up through the gens since Ruby/Leaf Green so I've just recently got everything with ORAS.

Right now I'm working on the bullshit like getting every Viviliion pattern and the different Florges colours. Thinking about collecting the small gender differences like Zubat, Butterfree and Scizor, etc. Thoughts?

Fuck getting all the different Arceus/Genesect though.
>>
>>27620367
As a follow up, if you have Pokebank, and don't renew your yearly fee thing, what happens to the pokemon you're storing?
>>
>>27620383
They are supposed to get deleted after a while, but there's reports of people finding their pokemon still there after years. I wouldn't count on it, just remember to renew. But that does mean it's not like you lose everything if you don't renew within 2 seconds or anything.
>>
I should also add that I'm currently playing Blue version on the 3DS because if the rumours are true that Pokemon that's types changed will keep their Gen 1 typing in Sun & Moon then I feel like they'll be a necessary addition to a living dex.
>>
Should I complete my dex and then try to finish my living dex? How can I get legendaries on GTS without offering the legendaries I need?
>>
>>27621474
I don't know about you but I had tons of left over legendaries from all my other playthroughs and that helped fill some of the trickier spots on the dex with the GTS.

As a pro-tip, Spearow and fearow are not available in any of the gen VI games for whatever lovecraftian reason.

You should also try to evolve most of the pokemon that use some kind of trade+item in their respective gens since the only way to get those items in gen VI is with the battle mansion
>>
I started my living Pokedex back in Fire Red, and used to Pokemon Box Ruby and Sapphire to complete friends' pokedexes for them. And I've added to it every generation since.
>>
Man fuck, can I do this with just ORAS? Seems impossible the way you guys are talking
>>
>>27624867
just use the GTS to get the pokemon you can't find. I used only pokemon X/Y.
>>
>>27624867

You'll definitely have to trade.

Try competitive breeding, Wonder Trade the rejects with a few good stats. You'll get a ton of random stuff you can use.
>>
All I need is Keldeo, Victini, and Meloetta.
I could probably trade a few shiny legendaries for them if I were desperate, but they're coming.

But wait, by the time I get them, the new games will be out and the Pokedex will have expanded.

The ride never ends.
>>
XY is a good place to get started with ~450/720 available in game, plus friend safaris

then transfer those to ORAS and catch the legends in-game, DexNav for other stuff you're missing, and GTS for whatever you're too lazy to acquire otherwise
>>
>>27621474
Event legendaries can't be traded over GTS or Wondertrade, but they can with a direct trade.
So just change your message to My(insert Pokémon)4Legend or something.
>>
i have 720 pokemons, i just lack Volcanion
>>
>>27627340
Got anything interesting to spare?
>>
>>27627592
against a legit volcanion maybe, i have some event legendaries in spare
>>
>>27629027
Anything shiny? I fucked up on Cresellia, Reshiram, Zekrom, and the Regi trio. Any of those sets.
>>
Is there a list of the Pokémon unobtainable in XY and ORAS?
>>
File: 516_Simipour_Shiny.png (244KB, 505x539px) Image search: [Google]
516_Simipour_Shiny.png
244KB, 505x539px
>>27617926
1) Dexnav is your friend.
2) Check all Mirage Spots.
3) Catch everything you can, then start breeding for missing slots.
4) Peruse GTS, grabbing the most-evolved form so you only have to hatch an egg, perhaps evolve just one. Sometimes you'll luck out and find an obscure shiny someone put up(I got a shiny Simipour this way).
5) Check /wfg/ for whatever you're missing.
>>
>>27629462
i dont reset for any shiney at all, i may just have some entei or suicune shiney from HGSS event
>>
How to Living Dex with Dexnav:

1) Obtain the Mach Bike.
2) Go to a route and start driving around in tiny circles; the Dexnav phenomena are triggered by steps.
3) If it's a pokemon you have/don't want, charge at it to scare it away.(A pokeball icon appears on the radar if you've caught it before)
4) If it's one you don't have, dismount and sneak up on it. Quick Ball/Dark Ball/Nest Ball of False Swipe to catch it.
5) If you need more to evolve, now you can just click them in Dexnav.
>>
>>27622442
Fearows in xy victory road
>>
>>27629830
Browse Eevees on GTS around 8~9 PM EST. Some people toss up chump Eevees that make nice eye candy.
>>
How does Pokémon bank work?
I live in Britbong so I'll likely reset my 3DS when sun and moon come out so I can get it off the Australian eshop. If I put a living dex on bank will I be able to access the Pokémon once I change the region on my 3DS back to England once moon has downloaded?
>>
I'm currently working on mine. 65% done in five days, it's not as bad as you think.

Best tip I have is breed starters and put them on GTS. People will happily trade any random pokemon you need including other starters and fossils. Just don't ask for legendaries unless you have other legendaries or shinies to offer, that trash clogs up the GTS.
>>
>>27629888
It depends on the starter. I got a rather nice XY Legendary collection with a bunch of 5IV Iron Fist Chimchars equipped with e-punches.
>>
>>27617926
I created a Truant Durant team that will help you grind BP at the Maison so you can get some evolution items.
>>
>>27619579
It took me 4 years.
But that was before gen VI. I started with Platinum and finished with Black 2.
It may be easier now.

In any case, consider this a long time project. So do not rush it, I avoided hacks and injections because that ruins the point. The final result is very rewarding. And it makes it easy to get the shiny charm in any game.
>>
>>27629932
That's probably fair enough, but I do wonder why people bother trying route 1 bidoof for hoopa.
>>
>>27630016
They're kids. Kids who are used to getting what they want. Fortunately, GTS comes equipped with a "No Stupid Kids" filter.
>>
>>27629932
Did you wonder trade any of those chimchars? If so I think I have one of them.
>>
>>27620383
No one has had their mons deleted yet and the service has existed since 2013.

Also, payment is only to upload mons from game to bank. If you don't renew you can still access your bank account and pick your mons.
>>
>>27630062
OT: Kohdok
I may have.
>>
>>27620367
>getting every Viviliion pattern
Why is Sandstorm Pattern so fucking hard to get?
Someone tell the Arabs to do less ramadan and more online trading
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.