[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon tabletop NPCs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: tmp_4429-14705690221711187761746.jpg (231KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4429-14705690221711187761746.jpg
231KB, 1920x1080px
Hello /vp/, /tg/ here.

I'm running a tabletop session in a custom Pokemon world, with quantum mechanics themes. The region is based very loosely on Germany.

I'm here to ask for input on gym leaders and elite four, as well as reoccurring NPCs. They should be pg-13 and in line with the game or anime series for tone.

So give it to me, /vp/. Let's see that PC character you've been saving.
>>
>>27615905
Only if you want some suc
>>
File: 1468802190553.png (303KB, 417x407px) Image search: [Google]
1468802190553.png
303KB, 417x407px
>>27615905
> /vp/
>having even an iota of an original thought ever
Well wait. I shouldn't say that.
>having even an iota of a GOOD original though ever
>>
This is relevant to my interests.

Sadly my campaign never got off the ground, so i don't have much of a feel for the tabletop pokemon. Plus, Quantum mechanics is unfamiliar to me, and a region based on germany seems tricky to me, but let's see what else pops up.
>>
>>27615956
/Vp/ is shit, but the shit of a jewel smuggler.
>>
>>27615957
I'll accept anything! The quantum mechanics are late game villain stuff and some research areas. I'm just looking for NPC ideas.
>>
What if there's, like, a guy. And he's putting together a smuggling operation to smuggle elemental Gems into the nearby Kalos region.
>>
>>27616113
One of my players Is a ex smuggler. That would be great, if I can make the pay off enticing enough.
>>
>>27615905
Striker Pentecost but a business man who is gritty and hardworking
>>
>>27615905
I have an idea for the evil team. It isn't really a team but it's a cult under the command of an extremely charismatic and intelligent leader. The cult members are unquestionably loyal to him and will do anything he asks. Details of how they are initiated into the cult or what it is about is unknown but they seem to want to help people and pokemon. The cult leader demonstrates good moral values and wisdom and even helps you along the way but in the end he completely flips around. The cult members still think they're doing the right thing and continue to follow him even as he proceeds to do a really bad thing. Idk fill in the gaps. I'm bored
>>
>>27616022
Well, his name was Ravis Cross. Red hair, 23, fair skin. He was my GMPC to introduce my players to the battle mechanics. As he went along his own separate path as a Pokeranger he would have challenged my players, slowly increasing their skills. At campaign's end it would be revealed that he became champion, and would be immediately challenged for the title.

At the start, he had a Jolteon, a Zorua, and a Braviary, as XY hadn't hit yet.
>>
>>27616266
Zorua and braviary are both starters! That works out really well and adds a great reoccurring, non dickhead NPC.
>>
>>27616255
There's a nihilist cult already. Basically happy happyism meets resetting space-time.
>>
File: serveimage2.jpg (28KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage2.jpg
28KB, 500x315px
>>27616301
Glad to be of service.
>>
One Gym Leader, let's call him the Steel Gym Leader, is violently opposed to the "quantum mechanics themes", and goes out of his way to shut things down. Leave it open about whether he's just a dick, or if he has some secret reason to be opposed to them depending on which will mess with your players more.

If these themes make up a larger part of the plot, he can start up something like a Pokemon-style Brotherhood of Steel to put these advances to bed once and for all.
>>
>>27616550
That's great, anon, just great. This is going very well.

The quantum mechanics is this hot new theory about legendary Pokemon being the secret to unraveling the secrets of the universe. Someone who respects local traditions would find this abhorrent.
>>
What system are you using? PT:U?
>>
Okay, OP, I've got an idea for some Elite 4 members.

An dumpy, forgetful archaeologist grandfather with Ground types:
Claydol - obvious ancient pottery motif
Golurk - found in an old ruin
Excadrill - helps with excavations,
Mamoswine - hauls boulders and relics, fits with ancient motif
Gliscor - a flying scorpion/bat, fits with the desert/ruins theme
Marowak - carries around old bones and helps him dig
His signature Pokemon is Gliscor, because he received it in a trade from...

His granddaughter. Another Elite 4 member, specializing in Flying types. An ace pilot who flies and old beat up crop duster like plane; she flies Graddad out to desert ruins to look for old relics. Her Flying team: Dodrio - for running across the desert dunes/flats
Yanmega - ancient motif
Skarmory - has a desert scavenger look to it
Tropius - found in a desert oasis, Sigilyph - traded from Granddad for Gliscor
Archeops - given as a fossil gift from Granddad when she was a kid. Her signature Pokemon.
>>
>>27616771
Forgot to add: somehow you could have players meet them in a desert area of the region, solving some mystery relating to legendary Pokemon that have something to do with your quantum mechanics theme. The old man knows a lot, and the granddaughter is adventurous. You interact with them in the desert and a large ruin, without ever realizing they're part of the Elite 4. It's revealed later when you challenge the 4 and find them waiting for you; you can fight them back to back or as a double-battle
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>27615905
Pat had been on the run ever since he was a young boy, always afraid that he'd be caught by his family; the only people who knew his true identity.
Pat did not like dressing up as a woman, it was the only course available when he met his husband Tom. He wore the dress of his old wife
and Tom agreed to hide him if Pat became his wife.Pat had grown to love the kids he raised with his husband. Always scared for the safety of the kids because of pats dark past, he was always overprotective.
His ace is Jynx.

I remember writing down this from going on an idea website and always wanted to expand on it.
>>
>>27616661
My own. Once the rulebook is less shitty I'll drop it here if you like. It's meant for play by email.
>>
>>27616771
I love this idea! There's a large ruin that I could introduce them in too, as well as a desert. I have s thing for dumpy old men characters too.
>>
What about an easter egg NPC that mentions 4chan or /vp/ in some kind of way
>>
A fighting type Gym leader who you meet standing in the middle of a town with a sign that fully welcomes challengers. A very tall man with a beard and long hair kept in a braid(kinda like the Dothraki). He will cut this braid if he loses a fight. He is seen as a very honorable man who will give anyone a chance to show their full potential as many times as they want Either mid or late game gym as his team should be fairly strong and he needs to use heal items like the E4 and champ in the games.

Hitmonchan(with at least one or two of the elemental punches to cover the weakness to flying.
Hawlucha because why not
Machoke because whats a fighting gym without a Machoke
Hitmonlee (with a moveset that I don't think your players will expect that I can share if it interests you)
Terrakion for sneaky stones
Breloom for speed and status giving.

His signature pokemon would be Terrakion. When training as a young fighter his will and determination drew the member of the Swords of Justice to him and they have been to together ever since.

The other Swords of Justice could join his team possibly in place of other members but I felt only that would dumb.

He could also be an honorable swordsman and use a sword/blade themed team.

Agislash
Absol
Cobalion/Virizion/Terrakion
Kabutops
Scyther
Gallade

Signature pokemon would be whichever of the Swords of Justice you pick. Same reason as before.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.