[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scrub Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1457585162979.png (27KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
1457585162979.png
27KB, 1000x668px
I'm trying to level up my team to lvl 100 in Red in order to beat the Elite 4 and the Prime Cup in Pokemon Stadium. Is there any reason why I shouldn't just duplicate rare candies and level up that way? They're all around lvl 60 right now and it's getting pretty annoying.
>>
You won't get any stat experience if you keep using rare candies.
>>
>>27607054
Fuggg, okay. Guess it's back to grinding then. Would you say the E4 or cerulean cave is better for training?
>>
>>27607038
Stats are calculated on level-up or when you take the pokemon out of the PC. If you boost your team to 100 you can grind out the stat bonuses faster, but you have to swing through the PC to update stats.
>>
>>27607277
Would I have to deposit and withdraw after every single rare candy level up?
>>
>>27607478
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Box_trick

I'm guessing you don't know what EVs are.

Just stuff your team with rare candies and then beat up a bunch of pokemon. When you put each one in the PC and take them out their stats might be a little higher. I never bothered with EVs in the early games but I think you can get ~64 extra points into each stat this way.
>>
>>27607478
>>27607530
if you want to know exactly what stat experience is, read this

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Effort_values#Stat_experience
>>
>>27607530
>>27607562
Thanks man, I appreciate it.
>>
>>27607038
if you're done with ev training you can beat all of the e4 using only one pokemon. i do that on emerald ez level up
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.