[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Z-Moves Discussion & Thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: bringing forth a new meta.png (1MB, 1200x848px) Image search: [Google]
bringing forth a new meta.png
1MB, 1200x848px
Z-Moves have been talked about a fair bit, but not in actual deep discussion so now here's a thread for it.

>Names for unrevealed Z-Moves and what they'll look like/do.

>Base Power, Accuracy and secondary effects

>Possible relation to Zygarde with it being called Z-Powers, Z-Ring and Z-Moves?

And so on.
>>
James J. Jamesfreak here, the ghost type z-move is called Spook Nuke
>>
World of edges:

-steel Z-move
-Creates a lot of sharp steel pieces that thrust the enemy.
-Leaves the enemy area with sharp steel pieces on the ground, dealing damage every time he changes pokemon.
>>
i'm sure the z-moves tie into a subplot with perfect form zygarde. i bet you get the dragon crystal from zygarde or something related to it.

base power? maybe 200? 150 would be a bit underwhelming given the presence of boomburst and similar moves. i hope they don't go too high or make them OHKO though...that would be pretty boring too.
>>
>>27604515
>Spook Nuke
Sounds pretty cool actually.

>>27604545
Nice idea for the steel type move, though I don't think any of them will have any long-lasting effects such as that. It requires a damaging move of a type so I assume they'll all be focused on pure damage.

>>27604551
There's still that rumor that Lillie has a Zygarde core in her bag, and It's already known that Zygarde will have some role in the store even if it's post-game content. Would question how the Z-Crystals are given out, if it's just from totem Pokemon/Kahunas.
>>
Its retarded and shouldnt exist
>>
>>27605789
Just like you.
>>
reminder this is the reason gems died.
>>
z-moves oneshot every pokemon hit by them unless they are immune

that's all
>>
>>27605826
>Immune

Lolnope, Gigavolt Havoc hits a Sandshrew.
One thing is for sure, they appear to be field wipes, for sure.
And it could be that Totem pokemon will use them
>>
>>27605859
Well then it's just a onehit in general.

Only one per battle, but still. Smogon will ban it.
>>
>>27604609
>Nice idea for the steel type move, though I don't think any of them will have any long-lasting effects such as that
Youre probably right, and if they do they'll be more benign effects like setting up Terrains or something. Might even have effects similar to the Pledge combos.
>>
>>27605868
Who cares about smogon
>>
>>27605859
>Gigavolt Havoc hits a Sandshrew
That was an Alolan Sandshrew
>>
>>27605881
People who play postgame competitive?
I don't play these games to go through the story and be done with it
>>
Reminder wobbuffet finally has a damage dealing attack now.
>>
>>27605898
No?
Shitmogon cannot enforce their retarded rules to the real games
>>
>>27605914
Obviously, but the majority of people doing battles later on use the various smogon tiers
>>
>>27605914
Now they can, or did you forget about the part where people can make their own rules for matches now?
>>
>>27605922
No they dont.

>>27605924
Yes rules allowed by nintendo.
>>
>>27605935
Yes they do. Do you live in your own fantasy world?
>>
>>27605937
No they dont retarded smogon fags have showdown
>>
>>27605945
ok
not worth my time sorry
>>
>Recharge move
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>27605935
Like they won't put in things like Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Legends Clause, and whatever else has been standard in the community for ages.
>>
>>27605914
>hey guy wanna fight xD
>ok!
>I'll bring my mega rayquaza, moody bibarel, shadow tag wobbuffet and sleep all your pokemon
>>
>>27605993
Or you can use your favorites and not be a dipshit, and dont fight kids
"No legendaries" is a rule older than the internet
>>
File: 1470228026701.jpg (163KB, 1389x620px) Image search: [Google]
1470228026701.jpg
163KB, 1389x620px
>>27604505
>Possible relation to Zygarde with it being called Z-Powers, Z-Ring and Z-Moves?
It's from Zenryoku (全力), which mean Full Power.
>>
>>27606009
Yeah it's a rule by retarded kids who don't understand this game

>banning mega rayquaza the same way you ban garbage like moltres

lmao
you're cute, kid
>>
>>27606009
desu though, Regigias and Moltres are fine. Actually any Regi is.

Its the genies that arent Tornadus and the 680s that are a problem. Also Latis
>>
>>27606028
>>27606034
You are taking this game for kids too seriously.
Go play chess or something if you want balance
The fact that critical hits exist makes smogon fucking retarded
>>
>>27606059
See, this is why no one takes you seriously.
You tried to enter a discussion about post-game competitive battling yet don't understand anything about it and then resort to "s-stop taking it so seriously just fight with ur favorites xd I love pikachu!!"
>>
>>27606075
I understand plenty about it, doenst mean I cant hate smogon
>>
>>27606093
No, you don't. You don't know anything.
You're some underage casual that needs to fuck off and stop posting.
>>
>>27606101
If that makes you feel better smogonfaggot.
>>
>>27606101
And you're the underage douchebag that won't realize the fandom doesn't revolve around you.
>>
>>27606140
Yeah, it feels pretty good to put another kid in his place.
>>
File: synchroposes.png (2MB, 1671x1653px) Image search: [Google]
synchroposes.png
2MB, 1671x1653px
it will activate ash-greninja and possibly other transformations.

the bottom most pose with the fist in the air represents synchro transformation. None of the Z moves so far in the trailers include this part of the animation. And instead they only show the glowy logo going over the pokemon instead of the trainer.
>>
File: image.gif (3MB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3MB, 200x180px
>>27604515
Fucking rolling for this
>>
>>27606148
Oh please dont ban me smogonfag
>>
>>27606155
It's alright, I'll bring my PU tier team to take on your team of your ingame starter, the cover legendary, some bird that knows fly and three random cute or cool mons you like
>>
>>27606198
Is this what smogonfags believe?
That you are either an autistic retard with superiority complex or a kid with a team of legendaries?

You people are disgusting, go to showdown and stay there
>>
>>27606198
I've never constructed my team that way, and I'm not a competitivefag.
>>
>>27606093
Post Elo.
>>
Will Z moves be affected by the Special/Physical split or is it fixed damage, that's what I want to know. If each different Z move type is either special or physical, I can't see it being very viable on some Pokemon. Say Gigavolt Havoc is Special, you wouldn't want to use it with a Luxray, which could make the concept biased.
>>
I have a feeling that z-moves will be exclusive to pokemon that can't mega evolve so they can still compete.
>>
Helps the pokemon that haven't really developed any dependency on a particular item, or often can't decide between generic options in Leftovers and Life Orb. ie Gengar and Starmie
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.