[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that not only were Cillan, Cress, and Chill a bad Gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 7S.png (31KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
7S.png
31KB, 256x192px
Reminder that not only were Cillan, Cress, and Chill a bad Gym Leader concept, but they also couldn't be bothered to show up and help fight Team Plasma when every other Gym Leader did.
>>
But if they did it wouldn't be symmetrical with them all standing there
>>
It was nice that the gym leaders actually came to help out in unova's hour of need...unlike Diantha...who was nonexistent during the whole damn flare crisis.

Love if sun and moon did something like that too with the 4 island guardians.
>>
>>27603721
Isn't there some sort of theory they were bad guys helping Ghetsis?
>>
>>27603809
Which was proven false in bw2 via memory link desu.
>>
>>27603809
yeah but bw2 debunks it as the shadow triad actually meets them
>>
>>27603721
>introduce triple battles
>first gym has three leaders
>you fight one of them
It's like they forgot about the feature or something.
>>
>>27603809
That was a common theory at the time, and the masks the Shadow Triad wear in the Pokemon Adventures manga are loosely styled on the faces of the elemental monkeys, which a lot of people took as confirmation since Adventures has predicted to similar plot twists revealed in the games. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if this was their original intention for the characters, but Black 2 and White 2 show that the Shadow Triad and Striaton triplets aren't the same characters.
>>
>>27603788
I loved it too. All the gym leaders felt like characters rather than milestones, as you saw them outside of gyms, and they clearly had their own personalities outside of "I'm the x gym leader, [insert pun here]". I can't think of a gym leader that doesn't have some outside influence except for CCC which only sours my opinion more.

>>27603809
As the others said, there were some loose hints towards them actually being the Shadow Triad, but whether that was intentional or coincidental we don't know. Either way it's been confirmed they are not the same people during one of the Memory Link flashbacks. It might have been a nice twist if the three of them featured more heavily in BW1 and 2, with the reveal taking place in the latter.

>>27603881
Also this. They might have served better as a mid/late game Gym that was a triple battle. After all, the debut of double battles was in Hoenn and we got a double battle gym.
>>
>>27603755
They could have stood in the three empty spots between the gym leaders. It would have fit perfectly.
>>
>>27603809

That was the original plan, but it was likely scrapped due to the anime picking Cilan as a protagonist.

If you look at the Shadow Triad concept art you'll notice they have similar hairstyles and are in the exact same order as the Striaton gym leaders.
>>
>>27603944
>since Adventures has predicted to similar plot twists revealed in the games.
Such as?
>>
>>27603944
>since Adventures has predicted to similar plot twists revealed in the games

Like Sabrina, Koga, and Lt. Surge being Team Rocket? Or Pryce being the final villain?
>>
>>27603721
They were clearly the shadow triad
>>
>>27607190
Silver being Giovanni's son is the main one to come to mind.
>>
>>27607267
What part was that hinted at?
>>
>>27607291
They straight up say it in FRLG
>>
File: 17139155_big_p2.jpg (106KB, 440x840px) Image search: [Google]
17139155_big_p2.jpg
106KB, 440x840px
>>27607222
Up until they added a part to B2W2 to explicitly show that isn't true.
>>
>>27607306
>FRLG arc
Ah, then it wasn't much prediction as it was establishing something that was hinted at in the games to begin with.
>>
>>27607329
What?
>>
>>27607362
Yeah, on the sevii islands one of the TR members or scientists say something like "No, Giovanni's kid has red hair"
>>
>>27607362(me)
It's also implied before that. They just say that then for a 100% confirmation
>>
I think there's enough "evidence" to say that it was probably considered during the development of BW, but the idea was dropped during B2W2 for some reason.
>>
Some people say that they are the shadow triad and the flashback thingy is about a personality conflict (are we strong enough to be gym leaders or are we just cowards disguised as villains?)

Anyway, canon says they aren't
>>
>>27603721
Where were Roxie and Marlon in all this?
HMMMM
>>
>>27607380
No it wasn't a TR scientist.
It was the scientist Gideon that was trying to sell the sapphire to TR he said
>"What? You again? You... You're not Giovanni's kid, are you? No, that can't be right! Giovanni's kid has red hair! You don't have any reasons for bugging me. Leave me alone!"
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.